For Him...??

By SamMurty4

Saanvika Niranjan Agrawal, a successful chartered accountant, a girl with no needs, dreams, and life itself... More

FOR HIM...??(Introduction)
FOR HIM...?? (Prologue)
For Him...??(Chapter 1)
For Him...??(Chapter - 2)
For Him...?? (Chapter - 3)
For Him...??(Chapter - 4)
For Him...?? (Chapter - 5)
For Him...??(Chapter - 6)
For Him...??(Chapter - 7)
For Him...??(Chapter - 8)
For Him...?? (Chapter - 9)
For Him...?? (Chapter - 10)
For Him...?? (Chapter - 11)
For Him...?? (Chapter - 12)
For Him...?? (Chapter - 13)
For Him...?? (Chapter - 14)
For Him...?? (Chapter - 15)
For Him...?? (Chapter - 16)
For Him...?? (Chapter - 18)
For Him...?? (Chapter - 19)
For Him...?? (Chapter - 20)
For Him...?? (Chapter - 21)

For Him...?? (Chapter - 17)

4K 170 15
By SamMurty4

Saanvika's POV

I sat in the cab and am thinking about all that happened till now looking at Vihaan's house...... Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t..... How can I forget this..... oh no..... ma, babachu, bhai everyone will kill me..... Saanvi how can you be so stupid....... I am not supposed to step inside my in-laws' place till marriage and my official grih Pravesh...... It's considered a bad omen...... God..... Why do I have to be so stupid and forgetful, my family is very religious, they believe in all this very much...... What should I do ?? bhai will kill me..... okay relax Saanvi, what's done is done..... just call ma and inform her, maybe she might have some solution to this...... I know I came here before too but then my alliance wasn't fixed with Vihaan, I came here as Alok uncle's friend's daughter, but now...... Huhh..... I sighed and called ma and told her everything....... How Vihaan asked me to board the car and I didn't know about the destination being Vihaan's place till I reached there expecting ma to consider this as a small mistake and it actually helped...... Ma scolded me for forgetting the tradition and later calmed down asking what Vihaan and others gifted me...... I smiled and told her about the chain and locket Vihaan gifted me...... she got so happy and we both started talking about Vihaan and his family...... my phone started buzzing with Vihaan's name..... Why is he calling me ?? Maybe to remind me about informing Rishi...

"Ma..... Vihaan is calling me, I think it's important, I'll talk to you later.....", I say

"Okay Saanvi, I'll talk to your Ranjith chachu(babachu) about what you did and ask him if there is any solution for this", Ma says calmly..... 

"Okay ma..... bye....", Saying this I hung up and took Vihaan's call... Why is he calling me continuously......

"Hel...." I am about to say but he cut me off...

"Saanvi...... I'm trying you for the past 10 min, who are you talking with..... Is that Rishi, but why are you taking so long ??", Vihaan asked calmly though I can sense slight irritation and oh my my..... Is that jealousy ?? I chuckled at his ranting..... I have never seen Vihaan like this...... Usually, he is very calm and relaxed.... I wanted to tease him but I dispersed my thoughts as soon as they came as we are not at that part of our relationship......

"Vihaan, It's ma, She is so indulged in scolding me, How can I stop her flow......" I say slightly smiling remembering ma's panic filled tone when I told her that I'm at Vihaan's place......

"oh it was your mother ??" He asked getting embarrassed...... I can sense it though I can't see his face now...... I chuckled.....

"Stop laughing Saanvi and tell me why is she scolding you ??" He asked getting more embarrassed and it's cute...

"Oh that's another story..... will tell you tonight, now you tell me, Why were you calling me from the past 10 minutes ??" I ask remembering his words.....

"I wanted to ask if you informed Rishi or not," He said....

"Oh.... I'm sorry Vihaan, I forgot while talking to ma, Will do it right away", I say...... God please help me with my memory...... I always forget things.....

"Oh okay..... Bye", he says and is about to hang up......

"Were you jealous ??", I blurted out before I could stop myself..... oh god Saanvi, why can't you keep your mouth shut..... "Never mind I....." his words stopped my ranting and my heart too......

"Yes..... I'm..... bye" Saying this he hung up...... I blushed furiously rewinding his confession again and again...... He is jealous ?? Vihaan is jealous of Rishi, for me..... I never imagined a man will be jealous for me, let alone a man like Vihaan...... my heart started beating wildly..... Oh god, just his words are making me this crazy..... What would happen when I actually get married to him ?? I shook my head trying to keep my emotions in check...... I calmed my breath, and my heartbeat and called Rishi....

"Hey Saanvika", Rishi greeted me enthusiastically...... Isn't his voice extra sweet ?? Shut up and concentrate on why you called Saanvika

"Hello Rishi, are you busy ?? If so I can call you later" I said politely....

"No Saanvika, I am free..... Tell me...." He said  

"Um..... If you have any work regarding your accounts, you can tell me in this week or the coming week or you have to wait for 3-4 weeks as I'm going on leave, just thought to inform you in prior" I say...... I don't even know why am I doing this.... Ahh.... Vihaan, why can't you tell me in detail.....

"You'll be going on leave for 3-4 weeks ?? Why ?? I hope everything is fine" He asks getting surprised and worried at the same time...... Why is he worried  ??

"Um..... I am getting married in less than a month Rishi", I say...... He didn't reply...... I don't know what's wrong with him...... "Are you there Rishi ?? Hello..... Mr. Singhal....."

"Yeah.... I'm there..... I um.... just....  got some emergency..... bye", He says and hung up..... He sounded so low, his voice choking...... I hope it's because of some other thing and not because he still has feelings for me..... Oh god..... it will be very awkward in the future if that's true......

I messaged Vihaan that I informed Rishi, and he replied with an 'okay'..... Thank god, he is still online as I don't want to call him to inform him after our previous conversation, honestly, I am taken aback by his reply...... I don't want to talk to him right now....... I reached my office and started working silently hoping everything goes fine.....

Vihaan's POV

I reached the hospital and started walking towards my cabin where I saw Rishi who in return gave a smile and I smiled back acknowledging him..... Seeing his smile, I understood Saanvi hasn't called him yet...... I hope Rishi understands..... I don't want any problems between us because of this...... I sat in my chair locking my cabin and called Saanvi...... The line is busy..... I guess she is talking to Rishi..... I tried after a couple of minutes, again it came busy..... I continued trying her and it continued busy..... Suddenly there is this strange fear that occupied my mind..... Why is she talking to Rishi for so long ?? Is he trying to convince her that he is better than me ?? Above all that, he loves her whereas I ?? I never tried to make her feel special at least, not for once told her that now she is an important part of my life, then why will she choose me over him ?? Relax Vihaan, Saanvika is not like that, she is your fiance...... You should trust her...... Ah... finally she accepted my call..... uff..... thank god..... She is about to say something but I cut her off, though my voice is calm, I am anything but calm...... 

"Saanvi...... I'm trying you for the past 10 min, who are you talking with..... Is that Rishi, but why are you taking so long ??" I asked her..... I sounded so jealous like a typical teenager.... I was never like this...... Get a hold of your emotions Dr. Vihaan Saxena...... Oh god.... what would she be thinking of me......  She chuckled at my outburst, great I made a fool out of myself in front of my wife-to-be..... wife ?? It sounds so good, she told me it was her mother and she was scolding her for something she would be telling me tonight, I reminded her about Rishi, and she told me she will call him now..... I was about to hang up but she asked me out of the blue if I was jealous, I am calm for a second thinking about what to answer...... Vihaan this is your chance..... Admit to her....... She is about to divert the topic but I cut her off saying

"Yes I'm....." I waited for a second to see if she says something but when she didn't, I know she is shocked and might be blushing...... I smiled to myself and quickly added "bye" before hanging up......

I sat for a while to compose myself before moving to Rishi's cabin....... He is surprised to see me there as usually, I don't visit his cabin and definitely not during work hours..... God, please see to it everything goes fine..... I don't want my best friend hurt......

"I need to talk to you Rishi" I told him without any emotion, he got serious seeing my expressionless face but soon a smile made its way when his phone buzzed..... He excused himself and took the call, I don't have to see the caller id to know who is it..... I fisted my palm to control my emotions...... I let Saanvika disclose the matter and as expected, the color drained from his face hearing her....... He gave her an excuse for work and hung up, his reaction was a little obvious but hope Saanvika doesn't doubt his existing feelings....... 

"She is getting married", He whispered...... he looked so broken...... God..... I don't know his feelings were this deep for her...

"I know," I told him trying my best to keep my look soft...... without showing any sense of belonging as right now I need to be a good friend, not a jealous fiance......

"You know ?? Wait..... your fiance is a CA too...... Are you marrying Saanvika Niranjan", He asks joining dots...... I just nodded my head unable to frame the right set of words...

"No..... No No..... God.... What have you done" He muttered raking his hair and looking at the small Ganesha idol on his table...

"Rishi...... I know it's not the right time to say these things but I need to clarify" I started and he looked at me with his red eyes...... Is he angry ?? Or was that pain ?? Whatever it is I need to clarify some things...

"I don't know it's the same girl you had fe..feelings for...... you never mentioned her name...... Till I got to know, we were already engaged", I cleared not wanting to be misunderstood by my best friend...... He calmed himself taking deep breaths before asking me further questions......

"When did you get to know ??" He asked..... 

"Yesterday, She came to meet me as my new CA, she doesn't want to take up the new client as you referred it. She didn't know whether you referred their firm genuinely liking her work or because of your feelings for her, so she refused to accept the offer and it was offered to her colleague..... But he had to visit his hometown for a family emergency and she had to step in to cover for him......", I explained the whole issue to Rishi, I don't want him to think low of Saanvi...... 

"You don't have to explain to me about her Vihaan, I know her for more than 3 years, I know what she is.......", He said with a sense of pride that he knows her more than me...... A tinge of anger occupied my mind but I controlled it as I do always...... He is in pain and I need to handle the issue with care...... 

I smiled at him and patted his back saying "Good that you know her Rishi...... Try moving on yaar..... I am telling you this as your best friend", I told him, I am his best friend right now, I want to support him with his pain...

"I need to be alone for some time Vihaan," He said with moist eyes...... I felt bad for him..... He is a great guy and I always thought how unfateful that girl might be as she is rejecting this precious jewel but not anymore when I know the reason behind her rejection..... For her, her father is everything..... if not for my father and hers, she wouldn't have agreed to marry me either....... but how will I tell all this to Rishi...... It's better not to tell him about all these things as this is our personal matter......

I hugged him "Call me anytime if you need someone to talk to, don't forget I'm your best friend and will always be there for you," I said and broke the hug....... He simply nodded..... and I understand his emotions...... I quickly left to my cabin dispersing all these thoughts as I have many appointments and a surgery too...

The rest of the day passed in a jiffy, the time is half past 2 till I freshened up and I opened my Whatsapp and saw Saanvika is still online...... So messaged her...

"Hey u r up, still  ??"

"Yeah, couldn't sleep, have u reached home  ??"

"Yes..... Just sometime ago"

"Hm.... Tired  ?? Work must be hectic na"

"Yeah.... But not that tired too, today there is only one surgery, and that wasn't a complicated one, so it's good"

"Hm.... Good..... Aur  ??"

I called her as I so badly wanted to talk to her......

"Hello Vihaan," She greeted cheerfully and I smiled hearing my name rolling off of her tongue......

"So what were you saying this afternoon  ??" I ask her with slight mischief......

"Wh... What.... Was I saying, no.. Nothing", She stammered and I understood she is thinking about the 'jealous' part..... I mentally patted myself for having that effect on her......

"So you were asking me if I was jealous, wanna hear my answer," I asked huskily.... making her more nervous.....

"No..... you already gave your answer, it's over, bhool jaate hai na(let's forget it)," She whined making me laugh...... She is so cute.....

"I was just teasing you Saanvi, acha tell me whyoy is ur mother scolding you.... What did you do  ??" I asked like a parent asking his child about a teacher's complaint.....

"Oh mister...... I didn't do anything.... It's you who is to be blamed.....", She says and I smiled at her choice of words..... I love it when she talks to me freely without any barriers.....

"Excuse me  ?? What did I do  ??" I ask her clueless....
Then she told me how it's inauspicious to enter in-laws' house before marriage..... I chuckled as she cutely blamed me.....

"Okay, my lady..... As the problem is because of me..... The solution will be mine too... You relax..... I have a house in the same community, you haven't seen it yet, so why not get your grih pravesh done there  ??", I state calmly.....

"Hm..... Wow..... This might work Vihaan, anyways ma said she will be talking to babachu about it, let's see what he says", She says calmly..... I smiled and we talked randomly for some time before she say "Vihaan, sleep now, you might be very tired, so sorry for keeping you up till now" I wanted to talk to her for some more time but she is right, I am tired and I need proper sleep to tackle tomorrow as I have surgeries lined up...

"Well..... It's not your fault, I love your company, anyways bye..... Good night" I say and am damn sure she is blushing now...

"Hm... Bye..... I also like talking to you", Saying this she hung up, her words brought a wide grin to my face..... I shook my head and dozed off with a smile on my face...

The next few days passed in a blink with me getting busy with my work and Saanvika in hers as well as the shopping..... I don't know she hates shopping this much..... The other day mom was telling me how she sat at a side nodding at everything mom or her mother showed...... Well, mom was very upset as she wanted a fashionista as her daughter-in-law but I have no regrets...... I know Saanvi is the best...... Saanvika's family along with her Nani and uncle (ranjith chachu) had come to Delhi for marriage shopping as dad invited them as per mom's insistence, she wanted to have our outfits color co-ordinated for every function, Initially, she thought to pick my outfits based on Saanvika's dresses but seeing her inability to choose, mom ended up picking for both of us...... Her mother too didn't mind it seems......
The night of the shopping day, Saanvika went on saying how lucky I was to escape it and I laughed at her antics.....

Her family will be leaving for Nagpur tomorrow and she will be joining them...... And we will be meeting directly at our marriage after this evening.....

Tonight, her family is coming to my place to exchange the wedding cards, it's a ceremony it seems, her family will invite mine to the wedding and my family will do the same to hers, so dad invited them for dinner, they refused saying they can't eat at their daughter's in-laws place but dad convinced them, after all he was the king of manipulation..... And Saanvika is right, her family is very traditional and superstitious too..... Dad asked Saanvika to join as well as she will be having the grih pravesh ritual in my other house not here, so it shouldn't be a problem.....

This was the last time I am meeting her before she officially becomes my wife...... So yeah..... I am excited... And happy too..... Wish she doesn't ask any stupid questions at least today..... I don't know what has gotten into her that she keeps on asking me if I was sure about marrying her...... She thinks that she doesn't deserve me as I am too perfect for her..... I don't know how to remove her doubts about herself....... Hope she understands her worth soon.....

Saanvika's POV

My family, babachu and nani came to Delhi as dad invited them for shopping with them...... My ma and bhai tried to refuse them but dad was adamant, so they had to agree..... I wasn't happy about it either thinking about our budget, I don't want my family to overspend on my marriage, they are already struggling so much to pay for the marriage Hall and caterers...... They wanted me to have the best wedding so they are overstressing themselves, they aren't listening to me at all and above all, this time, my ever-supporting bhabhi is on their side too.....

And as I expected, Vandana aunty picked very expensive clothes, I wanted to tell her 'no' but one look from ma and I shut my mouth...... These are way more expensive than what we planned..... I hate to do this to my family..... They say they don't want me to get embarrassed in front of my in-laws just because of my family's financial background... But why would I be embarrassed  ?? People have what they have, doesn't matter to me, in fact, I am proud of my family about their values, my brother is in a position to earn lakhs if he chooses to accept bribes but he chose to be honest and sincere and I can't be any happier, I don't want them to give away everything they have just to satisfy my in-laws and make me live with respect..... This is one of the reasons I said 'No' to marriage, I tried to explain to them that Vihaan or his family doesn't care about money or status but they didn't budge, they talked about Vandana aunty and that shut my mouth, though Vihaan, dad, and Ayan don't care about all this, Vandana aunty does, and she had proven that many times... I told my family that I don't care but they didn't understand my concerns.... If this goes like this, they will be broke, they didn't even let me take a loan saying people will talk bad about them and laugh at their incompetency to even take care of the daughter's wedding..... Huh..... why do we all care more about what people say rather than what we think  ??

I am damn worried about their financial conditions after my marriage as bhai took loan on ma's pension, his salary, and even on our house for this marriage..... As if this isn't enough, my bhabhi too applied for a loan...... Urghh..... I hate my incapability..... I at least wanted to pay for my dresses but Bhai refused even for that..... He said it's their responsibility to buy wedding clothes for me..... We even had a huge fight regarding this and as usual, he won with his big mouth leaving me in tears which I stopped hardly as I hate crying.....

As if all this isn't enough, my insecurities are getting the best of me...... Everyone like my extended family, friends, cousins hell my own mother and brother think Vihaan is too good for me, I don't deserve him, it's all my luck that I am getting married to such a good-looking, rich, and most sought-after surgeon in our community...... And they are absolutely right..... I am nowhere near him....... But what surprised me more is people who called me beautiful before, are now saying he deserves a more beautiful and successful girl but he is stuck with me..... Well, they are right again...... Vihaan is like a total package, calm, composed, patient, handsome, successful, rich, and more than anything a very good human being, why would he marry a girl like me  ?? I am not even pretty...... And I am so imperfect and clumsy...... Is it because of his father  ?? Did dad force him  ?? I keep on asking him if he was sure about marrying me and every time he answers with 'yes'..... I don't even find any hesitance in his tone..... Maybe he was very good at hiding his emotions..... Whatever it maybe..... I'll ask him...... I am afraid he regrets this marriage after knowing about my imperfections...... I don't want him to ever regret it..... That would literally kill me....... I'll talk to him today...... If he wants to be out of this relationship then I'll free him..... why is it so painful to let him go..... Urgh.... Saanvi, you have endured much more than this..... Be strong......

We all freshened up and left for Vihaan's place in the cab I booked, babachu, kishan chachu and his family are at Aman chachu's place, they will be reaching there directly..... Oh god this is the first time all are going to see their house no scratch that mansion, it's not a huge mansion but very big and luxurious for common people like us...... Huh hope they don't say anything to make me feel inferior or like I don't deserve Vihaan..... Well though it's true, I don't want to be reminded about that fact always.....

We reached Vihaan's place and seeing their house, ma and bhai gave each other a disapproving look...... I smiled proudly at their expressions..... This is what I like about them, in fact about all of us, for me, ma, bhai, and papa, money is just a source of satisfying our needs, we don't like to have an excess of it too..... Being rich doesn't make us happy, in contrast, it makes us unhappy..... Thankfully bhabhi too is like us..... And ma only prayed that her son-in-law should also be the same as us, and maybe God has answered her prayers...... Though Vihaan earns pretty well, he is not money-minded, he doesn't have that attitude that my cousins or some of my relatives who earn decently have...... Though I love them, their attitude about their status makes me dislike them at times.......

"Maybe we should have thought more before jumping into it ma, they look rich" Bhai says with displeasure.....

"Hm.... But the family is good..... Saanvika will be happy" Ma says but looking equally bothered about their status.....

"Ma, it won't be good to stand here, let's get inside, they might be waiting for us," My bhabhi says.....

Ma and bhai nodded and entered inside followed by me, bhabhi and Ahana..... Bhabhi held my hand and assured me with her eyes.....
She is the only one who didn't call me undeserving, instead, she called him lucky and said I deserve him..... I laughed at it of course because I know she is just saying it to build up my confidence..... I am not a kid to not understand but her words though false made me feel confident at least for a minute before the reality hit me.......

As soon as we entered, dad and Vandana aunty welcomed us..... Vihaan politely greeted ma, Bhai, and bhabhi.....
And then smiled at me..... I too gave him a smile forgetting everything for a minute..... Ahana who is on my side till now ran to him and he lifted her instantly..... She kissed his cheek and said she missed him and was getting bored of staying with me......
I opened my mouth widely and stared at her in shock...... Vihaan noticed my expression and smirked..... Huh "traitors" I muttered.....

Ayan greeted me and took me to the hall, Vihaan and Ahana followed us, Vihaan still carrying Ahana in his arms, actually, I am not surprised, Ahana is a very very adorable, and active kid, no one likes to leave her but she surprised me when she said she missed Vihaan, usually, she wouldn't miss anyone, that brat enjoys with whatever she gets and whoever she has. We all sat in the huge living room, dad though indulged in deep discussion with my chachus, smiled at me once in a while, ma and bhai observed it and their faces broke into a smile seeing his affection.... Looks like their earlier doubts were all cleared..... But what about mine  ??

My cousins, that is Kishan chachu's son Subash and Aman chachu's daughter vyshu are also here..... I meet Vyshu regularly as she too stays in Delhi but I am meeting subash after 3-4 months..... As soon as they saw me, they came and sat beside me, Subash being Subash slapped my arm with a 'Hey bro'..... It's his usual way of greeting..... Though I wanted to murder him right now, I controlled it with a smile and greeted him back...... We all started talking general stuff while the elders got busy in discussing things, me and Vihaan looked at each other occasionally as we don't want anyone to tease us..... Vihaan and Ayan are playing with Ahana, Sometimes looking at me as if she is talking about me, oh no I can't let her stay with them for more time, her mouth has no filter, and will definitely embarrass me..... I turned to Subash and started pleading with him to bring her from Vihaan but Ahana herself suddenly crashed into my arms startling me......

"You are looking pretty it seems, Vihaan uncle told me to tell you" Saying this she kissed me on my cheek and again ran into Vihaan's arms before I could catch her.....

I am shocked, embarrassed and blushing too..... I can see Vihaan rubbing his neck smiling sheepishly from my peripheral vision. That little monster acted as if she is whispering in my ear but I guess the whole house heard it...... Thank god the elders are talking so loudly that it went unheard but both my cousins heard it and they already started giving me looks as if they caught me stealing chocolate..... They started teasing me, I glared at them but no use..... Subash is just 2 years younger than me while vyshu is 9 years younger still they never obeyed me..... God why do you put me in such situations......

Kishan chachu looked at his watch and said it's time..... Elders stood up, ma asked Kishan chachu and chachi to handover the wedding card but he refused saying the card should be handover by the couple who are performing the kanyadan so my bhai and bhabhi gave the wedding card along with some gifts to dad and Vandana aunty..... Later, dad and Vandana aunty are about to hand over the wedding card to my mother as she is eldest but as always my uncles stopped them, they asked to give it to bhai-bhabhi...... Dad is about to argue but ma too requested them to hand over it over to bhai and bhabhi and so they did unwillingly..... I am happy that dad is trying to break the age-old stereotypes but chachus are not among those to budge...... I shook my head getting disappointed with my ma, why can't she fight for herself instead of crying in our arms later...... Huh.....some things never change. Later both families gave invitation cards to other elders...... Vihaan's maternal and paternal uncles and paternal aunts are present from their side...... Bhai and bhabhi invited everyone, I pitied my bhabhi and Bhai as they had to shoulder such a huge responsibility at such a young age just because my papa is no more......

They again sat and started discussing other rituals when dad looked at us and shook his head sighing..... I know what that look mean..... I and Vihaan sat very far from each other though exactly opposite to the other one..... I sat with my cousins whereas he sat with Ayan and Ahana.....

"Arre, Vihaan, Ayan, take them upstairs, children are not needed here, you guys go and enjoy," He said shocking us..... We trio i.e me, Subash and Vyshu looked at my chachus for their permission whereas Vihaan and Ayan instantly stood up as if they are granted freedom after years of imprisonment.... Babachu nodded unwillingly while Kishan chachu and chachi are glaring at us..... Now, what did we do  ?? Ma and others just smiled at us though a fake one......

We quickly got up and followed Vihaan and Ayan.....

"Di..... Did you see their faces..... Oh god, I can't stop anymore", Saying this Vyshu burst out laughing followed by Subash as soon as we reached the upper part of the staircase......

"Shut up you both, that little monster is still here, she will tell everything to them, then your laugh will turn into sobs," I said glaring at both of them......

Ahana looked at me as if she is the most innocent kid in the world.....

"Don't look at me like that Lilly..... you are not forgiven", I said pulling my angry face..... She tried to make me smile with her puppy face but I tried hard to keep up my straight face.....

"Lilly  ??" Vihaan asked.....

"Yeah..... That's her nickname..... I call her that, well she is too small when she was born like a Lilliput, so I started calling her that" I tell him with a sheepish smile......

"She is of normal size only jiju, di just named her like that because she is smaller compared to us," Vyshu said and I sighed.....

"Babies are meant to be small Saanvi, you can't keep calling every baby lilliput because they are small..... Poor Ahana", Said Vihaan teasing me...... And Ahana though didn't understand much leaned on his shoulder as if I was the bad one.....

"Hey..... Stop that ha....." I said

"Stop what  ??" Vihaan smirked asking me....

"Ahana ko mere khilaaf bhadkana (instigating Ahana against me)" I said pointing my index finger at him.....

"Hawwww....... Chi..... Di.... Where are your Sanskaar(manners), you are pointing your finger at your to be husband, your own personal god, your pati dev..... What will our elders say if they get to know about this oh god", Subash started his melodrama, I slapped his arm slightly..... Well I blushed a little hearing the word 'pati dev' but composed myself...... Everyone laughed at us.....

"Really..... Tumhari family itni conservative hai(is your family that conservative  ??)" Ayan exclaimed.....

"Well...... That we leave to you to decide..... Because it's beyond our knowledge and explanation", Subash said mocking my family whereas I glared at him...... However they may be, you shouldn't mock them in front of others.....

"No Ayan, they are just a little religious, that's all, don't mind his words, he is an over-actor" I said smiling at him.....

"Little  ??" Vyshu and Subash exclaimed making me want to kill them.....

Vihaan as always understood me and stopped the discussion, we are now sitting in a huge drawing room which I have seen for the first time...... Ayan suggested we play something but me and Vihaan are uninterested as we both wanted to talk to each other..... I understood that he too wants to talk to me by the looks he is giving to Ayan but what did he want to talk  ?? Did he want to cancel the wedding  ?? No no why would he do that  ??

"Let's talk" I and Vihaan blurted at the same time....... And there started the 'uhu' and 'aha' and of course the fake coughs......

"Shut up" Again we both said at the same time..... This time I facepalmed myself whereas Vihaan laughed seeing my face...... Everyone else too joined him..... I just wanted to dig a hole and jump.....

We started talking about something and after a while, Vyshu asked them to show the whole house and Vihaan nodded in affirmation..... He and Ayan started giving a tour of their house and we followed like lost puppies..... This is the first time me as well to see the whole house......
"Your house looks so good and huge" Vyshu exclaimed..... Well, their apartment is also luxurious as Aman chachu and chachi earns a lot but not this big.....

Vihaan thanked her with a smile and we continued..... Finally, we reached Vihaan's room, Ayan said that he will continue the tour and took my cousins and Ahana with him...... And for the first time I am feeling this nervous around Vihaan as if my uncles or my family got to know that I am alone with Vihaan in his room, they will kill me.....

Vihaan's POV

"Shh...... Relax...", I said holding her hand...... Feeling the coldness of her palm, I understood that she is very nervous.....

"They.... Um... My family is downstairs... They don't like me sitting in your room like this", She fumbled with her words and I understood what Subash and Vyshali meant when they talked about their family...

"Sh... Relax.... Saanvi.... We are doing nothing wrong..... Calm down..... They won't know we are here alone, I promise you" I said and she calmed down a bit....

"I wanted to tell you something," I said...

"Me too.... But first, you tell me" She asked.....

"You are looking very beautiful today, very very pretty, but it would have been more nice if you left your hair free instead of tying it," I said, a faint pink color adorned her cheeks and she lowered her head to hide the color..... But soon lifted it meeting my eyes.....

"thank you, well then I'll leave my hair often after our marriage," She says with a smile...... I nodded not discussing further as I know it was because of her family that she is tying her hair but I was surprised to see her cousin leaving her hair freely... Huh...

"So you said you wanted to tell me something," I ask lifting my brow....

"Um... Actually wanted to ask you something, please don't get angry", She says with slight apprehension..... Why would I get angry  ?? She should have known by now that I am a very patient man.....

"I know you are very patient but I have a special talent for irritating even a saint, so warning in prior," She says making me smile....

"Acha, but I don't think so, you are not irritating at all," I say with a genuine smile...... So that she realizes I am being truthful.....

"Well my brother says so, but don't worry, you'll change your opinion after this" She says and I shook my head but signed her to continue.....

"Um.... Vihaan... Are you sure about me  ?? You know I just don't want you to regret it" She says.... Ah again the same question..... Anyways good for me that she started it, I wanted to clear all her doubts.....

"Saanvi..... I.Am.Sure..... Why are you asking me this..... Why is it so hard to believe that I like you and wanted to marry you", I asked calmly to know her apprehensions.....

"Vihaan...... Look at me.... I am nowhere near you, you are perfect, you are good looking, patient, and calm, leave that.... you are everything a girl wants in her life partner whereas I am everything a guy doesn't want in his wife..... I am not pretty, very imperfect, clumsy, I.... All I have is flaws..... why do a guy like you will marry me, unless there is some pressure from family..... Vihaan you don't worry about dad.... I mean Alok uncle..... I'll convince him, if needed I'll take the whole blame, don't worry, no one will question you, just tell me if you wanted to stop this marriage, because I can't bear if you ever regret this and moreover I don't want you to suffer with a girl like me", She says looking down or sideways...... Not for once, she looked at me..... Her words surprised me, shocked me, made me happy that she thought about me and my feelings more than anything, and angered me too for thinking so low of her but I took a deep breath to control my emotions....

"Saanvi...... Look at me.... ", I say affectionately..... And she looked at me slowly...... There were unshed tears in those beautiful eyes and that bothered me... She tried to look away but I held her chin to make her look at me.....

"Saanvi.... you are perfect the way you are...... I like you, you are beautiful both in and out..... why do you think dad loves you so much ?? Not only because you are his best friend's daughter, but also because he sees your father in you, dad believes you are as good as him, I don't know how good or great your father is but I know you, you are one of the purest souls I have ever seen...... And everyone has flaws Saanvi..... Even I do, why do you think I am perfect..... We are getting married, we'll accept each other's flaws and grow to love each other..... Don't worry, we have our whole life, never ever think like that again" I say cupping her face...

"You don't know me Vihaan" She tried meekly..... I know she is slowly understanding what I am trying to say.....

"You neither" I say.....

"Vihaan, you agreed to this marriage because of your family, I don't want you to.... " She started saying but I cut her off....

"So did you Saanvi..... you too agreed for ypur family but tell me, are we still doing this for our families  ?? Because I am not.... I feel you are perfect for me..... And I like you, I have never felt for anyone like the way I feel for you, I don't love you yet but I am sure I will grow to love you, what about you Saanvi  ?? Are you still doing this for your family  ??" I asked....

"No..... " I smiled widely and she continued "I like you too Vihaan...... But you are likeable, anyone will like you because you are perfect" She says.....

"I am not perfect Saanvi," I say calmly....

"See... Even though I am irritating you so much, you are still so calm" She said pouting..... And I smiled looking at her......

"So you want me to get angry with you  ?? Okay then, Ms. Saanvika Niranjan, as you are insisting so much, let's cancel this wedding, come let's tell everyone, but there is a change, you won't take the whole blame..... I'll tell them you have a problem with me because you think I am too perfect and I have a problem with your inferiority complex", I say with straight face.....
And she really believed me, awe she is too innocent, tears formed in her eyes..... And she is trying hard to stop them...... I laughed at her clutching my stomach looking at her face..... Awe she is too adorable and here she thinks she isn't pretty.... Huh...... I was saying the truth when I said I have a problem with her inferiority complex, why does she think herself less to others.....
She slapped my biceps saying how bad I am...... And I hugged her smiling at her antics...... Though she was hesitant at the beginning, soon got comfortable and hugged me back......

"I don't even know cooking, I am a bad cook, I am telling you everything prior to marriage so that you don't blame me after that," She says cutely though I can hear slight seriousness in her tone...

"Well I am not hiring a cook for my house, I need a life partner for myself," I said..... "And by the way..... Maybe I can help you with cooking....."I added

"No..... I'll try to learn it..... you'll be too busy with your hospital, I don't want to trouble you much", She says hugging me more tightly....... I know she is feeling good in my arms and to be frank, I feel like I am in heaven but I have to break it because my room door is wide open..... And I don't want anyone to notice us like this..... Ah... Vihaan why didn't you close the door before...... Dumb head..... Hearing the footsteps approaching, we quickly broke the hug and she looked down as if she had done the worst mistake and is going to be punished severely..... I chuckled at it.....

"Bhai..... I am done with showing around the whole house to them..... You guys need more time  ??" Ayan asked seriously making Saanvika's eyes widen... She didn't think I planned this to spend some alone time with her...

"You guys go and sit in the drawing room, we are coming," I say and he left immediately......

"So madam..... All clear  ??" I asked her.....

"Hm..... For now yes.... But if someone again says something about this, I'll again become insecure, Why am I so gullible??" She asks.... That's when I understood that there are people who are feeding these thoughts inside her.....

"Saanvi...... you are perfect for me...... We are marrying each other, only what you think about me matters to me, similarly, only what I think about you should matter to you..... Ignore everyone and their words, because they don't know us, they don't know what we share..... So don't hear them okay  ??" I tell her softly.....

"Thank you Vihaan," She says holding my hand with a wide smile on her face......

"Ah.... You look so good with a smile on your face..... Now wipe your glasses, they are filled with your tears" I say smirking......

"I didn't cry..... " She says while wiping her glasses with her stole......

"you wore the pendant..... Looks good on you" I say noticing the pendent I gifted her as till now her stole was covering it.....

"Hm.... Yeah.... Sorry I didn't wear the chain as I don't usually wear anything other than this chain and these earrings" she says doubtfully of my reaction.....

I smiled at her and say "it's okay Saanvi, did your father buy you these  ??"

"Yes..... How do you know  ??" She exclaimed.....

"Well.... Just guessed it..... I observed, you always wore the same earrings and chain..... Never for once changed them... So thought they must be very special to you" I say looking at her who is playing with her chain......

"Yeah...... Papa bought these for my last Diwali with him, I never had gold jewelry till then, I mean I had but all were stolen when I was 6 years old..... Papa with his savings bought these, when I wore this and showed them to him, he got so happy and kissed my head....." She said remembering those moments with a wide smile adorning her face..... I smiled and nodded.....
"These are the only piece of jewelry I like to wear always...... Now, this pendant joined the list" She said caressing the pendent and that warmed my heart.....

"I am honored" I say bowing my head and she chuckled......

We both walked towards the drawing room and joined the others......

"Di..... Finally, you came..... Ahana is asking for you continuosly....." Exclaimed Subhash followed by Ahana who rushed towards Saanvika..... She lifted her in her arms and Ahana clung to Saanvika like her life is dependent on that hug.....

Saanvika wiped Ahana's tears and made her sit on her lap as she herself settled on the couch and I sat beside Ayan giving space to the aunt - niece.... They looked so good together..... Though Ahana keeps on complaining about Sanvika, she loves her aunt so much.....

"Why are you crying Lilly  ?? Chachu and vyshu bua are there with you na...... And also you loved Ayan uncle right ??" Saanvika asked slowly setting Ahana's hair properly.....

"You weren't here..... I thought you again left me" Says the little girl cutely hugging her aunt tightly......

"I didn't leave Lilly....." She says softly kissing Ahana's cheeks......
I smiled at their bond...... I know Saanvika is very close to Ahana as she is with the baby since she was 5 months old..... I heard her bhabhi telling dad, that Saanvika practically raised Ahana along with them......
Subhash and vyshu pushed Ahana aside and side-hugged Saanvika saying she is theirs signing us to see Ahana's reaction.....
Ahana practically pushed them away, beat them mercilessly, and hugged Saanvika possessively making me surprised......

"Bua is mine..... She is mine.... Chachu.... Vyshu bua go away" The little girl warned Subhash and he smirked....

"No she isn't yours..... She is getting married to Vihaan uncle, and then she will live with him..... She is Vihaan uncle's..... Not yours..... " Subhash says making Saanvika choke at his words and me shocked......

"Is it true bua??" Ahana asked with teary eyes..... Ohh poor girl.....

Saanvika glared at Subhash and vyshu who are laughing hard followed by Ayan who is enjoying our embarrassment......
The little girl asked again but Saanvika stayed mum..... Why isn't she saying anything  ??
"I don't like you Vihaan uncle", Ahana suddenly told turning towards me....

"Ahana" Saanvika screamed getting angry.... I signed her to calm down but she didn't....

"Don't trust your chachu's words, he is just teasing you..... Yes it's true I am getting married to Vihaan uncle but I love you the most..... More than dadi, your papa, your mumma, I love you more than anyone.... Now say sorry to Vihaan uncle" She says calmly.....

"No" Ahana shook her head....

"Okay then don't talk to me till you say sorry" Saying this Saanvika pushed the little girl from her lap gently.....

"Saanvi.... She is a kid..... Stop doing that" I say looking at Ahana who is crying but Sanvika didn't budge..... I took her in my arms and consoled her.....

"I am chorry Vihaan uncle" She cutely apologized after receiving 10 minutes of silent treatment from her aunt who is acting worst than a kid right now.....

"It's okay baby girl..... Relax" I say kissing her cheeks.....

"Bua..... Talk to me pwease(please)..... I said chorry to Vihaan uncle too" The little girl uttered cutely......

"Hm..... Okay..... Never talk like that to anyone, that's not good" Saanvika chided

"Okay...... Say you love me more than anyone" Ahana asked showing her pinky finger.....

"Okay I love you more than anyone in this world" Saanvika sighed

"Even more than dadu  ??" Ahana exclaimed happily whereas Saanvika stiffened.....

"No..... I love your dadu more than anyone..... " Saanvika said seriously.....

Ahana started crying but Sanvika is adamant, she didn't change her statement..... After a few minutes, Subhash lifted her in his arms and took her for a walk to console her.....

"you should have told her that you love her more bhabhi, she would have stopped crying then," Ayan asked....

"Hmm but I don't lie Ayan..... I don't like lying that too to a kid..... I don't say I never lied, I did but only when it's necessary and beneficial to others and most importantly for a good purpose" She said sighing.....

I got one thing clearly...... Saanvika follows strict values...... And wouldn't compromise them for anything in this world..... We four talked randomly till Subash returned and informed everyone is calling us down..... They walked a little faster leaving me and Saanvika alone......

"so  ?? you are leaving tomorrow  ??" I asked her while we both walked slowly towards the stairs.....
"yeah..... Morning flight..... When r u guys coming  ??" She replied while staring at her hands and phone...... She always does that whenever she is nervous or conscious......
"didn't plan..... There is still some time for it right  ?? Have to see my schedule....." I say looking at her face....
"hm..... Yeah..... U must be very busy na  ?? How long r u planning ur leave  ??" She asked me about my leave..... I don't wanna disappoint her but I am pretty busy this month......

"maybe 4 days  ?? That's the maximum I can get as I have many patients to look after right now and also the surgeries are lined up this month" I say apprehensively...... I hope she understands..... I know 4 days are very less for marriage but I can't help it...... This is why I wanted to marry a doctor in the first place..... Ahh Vihaan what are you thinking  ??

"I understand Vihaan...... I am sorry, I should have tried harder to postpone our wedding dates..... " She says with concern evident in her face..... I smiled.... She understands me.... Like always...... She didn't complain.....

"It's not your fault Saanvi..... Relax..... I'll be fine...... Acha..... I forgot to ask you, do you have a passport" I asked suddenly remembering that I am planning our honeymoon next month..... She at least deserves it........

"Yes I do...." She answered thinking about why I asked.....

"Okay..... I'll send my driver to your place tonight, just send me your passport with him...... I am planning a trip for us in the next month, not a long one though, just a 3-day trip...... We'll go for a long vacation as soon as I get free" I say trying to convince her...... Hope she doesn't get mad..... I want to see her happy but this is the best I could do...... She is looking at me as if I said something wrong..... Oh god....

"Saanvi.... I know I am being..... " I started regretfully but she cut me off......

"You don't have to do this Vihaan..... I mean you are busy..... I understand..... This trip..... All of this isn't necessary...... " She says..... If not for the small reassuring smile on her face, I would have thought she was mocking me...

"I don't want to disappoint you, you might have many expectations from....... " I started but she cut me off.....

"Vihaan...... I don't have any expectations from you or this marriage, in fact, I have no expectations from anyone..... It's not me...... We are getting married, Vihaan I wanted to be the person whom my husband confides in the most, can be most comfortable with, and can share anything with me, can show his every emotion without thinking about what I would think or do...... That's bliss for me..... I don't want to see places with you, I don't wanna travel the world with you, that too when you had to struggle so much to take-offs...... Instead, I would love to spend the few minutes I get with you after your tiring day...... I would love to understand you and your profession..... You don't have to take me anywhere to make me happy..... I am a very contented person Vihaan..... I get happy easily...... You don't even have to make any effort for it...... I am not bragging about it, I just wanted you to know....... I am not against traveling, we will definitely go on a trip but only when your work permits when you don't have to try hard to take-offs, when you don't have to find replacements for your work..... Hm ??", She says softly and looking at her I understood she meant each and every word...... I am dumbfounded...... Is she for real  ??

"Are you for real  ??" There I go I asked her looking at her intently.....

"What  ?? Did I say something wrong  ?? I am sorry if I offended you in any way", She asked getting tensed.....

"Saanvi relax..... You didn't offend me, the words you said made my heart flutter with happiness..... You are so understanding..... I never expected youu to be this supportive.... Thank you, you are the best and I can never regret marrying you" I say feeling overwhelmed.....

"Vihaan..... I am not the best..... In fact, I am not even close..... I have many flaws..... I am a very boring person.... But I'll try to be the best version of myself", She says trying to sound confident..... I don't know why does she feel so inferior about herself...... After marriage, the first thing I should do is to work on her confidence levels......

"Saanvi..... you are good the way you are..... Try believing in yourself hm  ??" I say lovingly..... She nodded blushing slightly..... A little change in my tone can make her blush..... I smiled getting proud of myself......

"Saanvika...... Chale beta....." Asked her Ranjit chachu and that's when we realized that we reached the living room long back..... Thankfully we are away from the rest of the crowd....

"Ji chachu...." Saanvika says getting tensed though her uncle smiled politely at her.......

"Chalte hai beta..... Take care" Her uncle said and I nodded politely folding both my hands in a 'namaste'

Her uncles and their family one by one bid me bye and I smiled at them politely.....
I saw Saanvika's brother coming to me carrying Ahana who is crying and complaining against Saanvika and Pawan listened to her carefully..... I thought he will scold Saanvika, at least glare at her for making his daughter cry but all he did is hand Ahana in Saanvika's arms and asked: "what did she do, did she say something to Vihaan or Ayan ??"

"Relax..... She is a kid.... And moreover, I took care of it..... ", Saanvika said and he nodded and shook my hands..... I never saw them pamper Ahana..... I mean they all love her so much but never pampered her, they reprimand her for every little thing...... She is such a cute and adorable kid yet they never showed affection in font of her......

Saanvika's uncles left for her Aman chachu's place, they refused to have dinner even after dad insisted saying they can't eat at their daughter's in-laws.... That too before marriage though They agreed before..... They promised to come for dinner after marriage.....

Saanvika booked a cab but dad asked her to cancel as our driver will drop them off......
They agreed calmly as they don't want to upset dad more after the dinner thing.....
Dad asked me to accompany them and I just nodded...
Saanvika and Ahana sat in my car whereas her Bhai, bhabhi, her mother, and grandmother went with the driver in dad's car...

"Music  ??" I ask Sanvika starting the engine and driving off...

"No it's good like this," She says holding Ahana who is starting to doze off.....

Saanvika kissed her head softly and smiled at her and made her sleep comfortably covering her with her stole.....

"Why do you guys reprimand her always....  She is a kid Saanvika...... Show your love when she is awake..... Not while sleeping" I say concentrating on the road.....

"For you, she is a cute, innocent, and adorable kid Vihaan but for us, she is a devil..... Trust me she is very very very naughty...... And we do show our love when she is awake, we do pamper her but we don't want her to go overboard..... She is a violent kid too, see all these scars are gifted to me by my wonderful niece..... So to control her stubbornness, we act a little strict..... Also, my Bhai or bhabhi don't tolerate if she gets disrespectful with guests or relatives, that's why I didn't tell them about what she told you" She says

"Kids are meant to be naughty Saanvi...... I don't know about your bhai and bhabhi, but I didn't like you being so strict with her...... I am not letting you reprimand our kids though how naughty they may be.....", I say shifting my eyes between the road and her..... Hearing me, her eyes widen before coming to normal size..... I can tell she is trying hard to hide the blush.....

"Fine then...... You only bear their naughtiness too..... Keep me out of it ha" She says showing her index finger and a smile breaks out on my face.....

"Jo aagnya raanisa(as you wish, your highness)", I say smirking...... She smiled at me before shifting her gaze again to the sleeping form of Ahana..... By the way, she looks at the little girl, anyone can tell how much she loves that kid..... To be frank I am a little jealous..... Jealous  ?? Vihaan you are jealous of a 5-year-old, seriously  ?? What's wrong with me.....

I shook my head and sped towards Saanvika's flat and soon reached there.....
I went and opened her door as she is carrying Ahana..... I took Ahana from her lap so that she can get down......
I locked my car and we both moved to her flat with Ahana in my arms whereas Saanvika is juggling her bag for keys, her family didn't arrive till now... And I don't wanna leave these two girls alone at this point of the night...... Knowing Suresh kaka, they may still take time, he drives very carefully and slowly at night......

She offered water as I sat on the small couch in the hall but I refused politely..... She took Ahana from me and went inside to make her sleep properly..... And soon came back and we both sat silently passing a few smiles to each other...... I don't know why it got so awkward suddenly.....

"So you are leaving for Nagpur tomorrow," I asked breaking the ice though she already told me just some time ago.....

"Yeah..... Morning flight" She repeated shifting on her seat...... I can make it she is uncomfortable.....

"Relax Saanvi..... I am not gonna eat you" I say passing a smile.....

"Vihaan..... It's not like that..... I am not used to staying silent and it's making me awkward" She said giving me a murderous look..... I laugh at her..... She is really cute and I just wanna kiss her..... Vihaan Saxena.....control..... We talked randomly and soon her family arrived and I left after greeting them...... I messaged her soon after reaching my place and she replied immediately...... Huh.... This girl didn't sleep yet  ??

"Now sleep, you have an early morning flight", I sent her with an angry emoji...

"Yes doc..... As you say..... Good night...", She sent with a wink and I replied to her good night smiling widely..... I love it when she calls me doc...

Soon I fell into a deep slumber after checking my schedule for tomorrow.....

No precap

Note - guys, I always wanted to write the journey of engagement to marriage for an arranged couple..... So I wanted to write it for Saanvika and Vihaan..... Though initially I thought to pull the marriage in this part...... If u want, I'll write their moments before marriage, it just takes one or two parts, if not, I'll get into the marriage part directly.....
Tell me ur views on this..... And it's a long part, but from next part I'm gonna make the updates a little shorter......

*******important note*********

All the characters and situations are figments of my imagination...... Any resemblance to the people living or dead is purely coincidence.....
May be some things are inspired by real life but not the situations nor the story...... It's completely fictional and I expect u to understand and respect it..... Thank you so much.....

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

123K 5K 38
"you don't have to do this just because your parents said.... You still didn't finished your studies.... If you don't like me say it directly papa I...
2.8M 159K 120
This story is about a relationships between a father and daughter. A wife and husband. And 2 best friend. "G-g-go" I stuttered moving back a little...
29.7K 2.4K 22
2 book in Secrets of the Heart Series _____ Enter the world of 'The Reluctant Union' where duty and expectations clash with unexpected emotions. Aar...
17.7K 1K 15
'𝑯𝑬𝑹' Series book one 𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭... ...