Star-Crossed One (Male OC x H...

By StarLightUpMyDays

A story of a young man on how he acts when his original dream got crushed to pieces and how unlucky stuffs ke... More

Characters
Chapter 1 : Wish
Chapter 2 : Scattered
Chapter 3 : Support
Chapter 4 : Different
Chapter 5 : Talent(s) ?
Chapter 6 : Dots & Lines
Chapter 7 : Training ?
Chapter 8 : Audition
Chapter 9 : Hello New Dream
Chapter 10 : GoodBye
Chapter 11 : New Enviroment, New People
Chapter 12 : New Routine
Chapter 13 : Addition
Chapter 14 : Deal
Chapter 15 : Commitment
Chapter 16 : Debut Prep
Chapter 17 : Out and In
Chapter 18 : Compete
Chapter 19 : Wrong ?
Chapter 20 : Eliminated
Chapter 21 : Big Things Happening
Chapter 22 : TWICE
Chapter 23 : Deal
Chapter 24 : The New Fellaz
Chapter 25 : Secret and Promise
Chapter 26 : Differences
Chapter 27 : In Between
Chapter 28 : Chance
Chapter 29 : Empty Heart
Chapter 30 : Responsibility
Chapter 31 : Tour Of Self Healing
Chapter 32 : KQ Fellaz Unite
Chapter 33 : Conflicted
Chapter 34 : Mix of 9

Chapter 35 : Mix Of 9 Pt.2 "Ranks"

640 31 43
By StarLightUpMyDays

Momo P.O.V.

"Kyoya ?"

I-is that really him ? Kyoya ?! I..I need to talk to him ! 

Not waiting any longer, I stood up and tried to approach the man. All i had in my mind was him. I need to talk with him now ! This might be my one and only chanc-

"Momo-unnie !"

Ryujin suddenly hugged me from behind not letting me take any step further.

"R-ryujin !"

"Thank you for coming unnie ! This really means a l...."

Ryujin's words didn't really get through my mind as i was focused more on meeting the person I wanted to meet. But I was too late, he's now nowhere to be found...

"Hm ? Unnie ? Is there something wrong ?"

I scanned around once again, hoping to find the same person I've been looking for. But it was proven to be useless, it's like he blended too well with the other trainees.

"N-nothing Ryujin-ah..L-let's sit down and talk shall we ?"

***

Ryujin P.O.V.

"It was really fun to hang out and make new friends in this competition. Everyone's ability is really amazing and-"

I cut my dialogue for a second. Momo-unnie looked a little bit lost in her own thoughts. This is a bit unusual to be honest..

"Unnie ?"

She still muttered to herself. I can't really come up with an idea of what's going on inside her mind. I tapped her hand, wishing it was enough to snap her out from her mind.

"H-huh ?"

"Momo-unnie, are you even listening to my story ?"

"A-ah , sorry Ryujin-ah i...agh...I don't know what's wrong with me today."

Something was really bothering her, whatever it is I'm still not sure. Hopefully it's nothing related to her comeback preparation.

"You look tired unnie, sorry if I make you come here. You should've rest back at the dorm."

"No-no it's okay, I came because I want to give you some support. I'm sorry."

"It's okay, having unnie here is already a good boost for me. Unnie should go home to rest."

Momo-unnie gave me one last cheer and a hug before she bid me a goodbye and walks away. One thing that is bothering me is the name that she muttered earlier...

"Is this Kyoya she's talking about is...Yabuki Kyoya ?"

Kyoya P.O.V.

"ACHOO !"

"Neol bomyeon jaechaegiga naol geot gata~" Mingi suddenly continue as if my sneeze was supposed to be part of Lovelyz' song. Well technically saying, it is...wait no... but... ugh whatever.

"Aigoo, our poor elderly that can't even stand cafeteria's AC" Wooyoung joked.

"Yah, I'm not that old !"

My response was enough to make the whole KQ Fellaz laughed their ass off. I mean I'm not wrong right ? I'm a '95 liner god dang it. Besides do i act too old for my age ?

"Ah but for real the competitor in this place sure is tough," Hongjoong said bringing a new topic to the dining table.

"And some are cute."

I turned my attention to who said that. I'm sure I'm not the only one looking at Mingi after his addition to Hongjoong's statement. 

"What ? I'm not wrong tho, especially that one JYP Trainee."

JYP Trainee ? Who ?

"There's a JYP Trainee here ?" I asked making sure I didn't hear the wrong thing.

"Hyung, you didn't know ? She's hella cute, at this point I might as well become her fanboy."

"Song Mingi, we are in the same boat !" Wooyoung said joining forces with Mingi followed by a hug.

"Which one is she again ? Sorry, i didn't pay that much attention during the class announcement."

"The one with the black hair hyung."

"Wow, thanks for the help JongHo," I replied with an excited face.

Of course  that answer helped me, it helped me so much that I still don't know who this person they mentioned is. Who's this trainee ? Why is she even here ? She's from JYP for God's sake. Not trying to be salty but i thought this competition is more focused for those from smaller entertainment.

"Oh hyung , there she is."

Okay, I can see why Mingi and Wooyoung are part of her fandom already. They're not wrong, she's indeed cute. 

"It's Shin Ryujin..."

"Waa...her aura is so different..."

"She's a little bit scary..."

Those are what some people said at the other table. Coming from JYP must make her a stand-out from the other competitor. Her dancing skill and vocal are also on top quality. Truly a gem for JYP.

"Is she..."

"She's approaching us ?! Wooyoung ! Quick ! Pass me the comb!"

"Hold up damn it, I'm still using it !"

While the two were fighting over the comb, I'm here wondering why would she want to come to our table. Maybe Mingi and Wooyoung attracts her attention, i mean those two are pretty loud. 

"Is there something wrong ?" Ryujin said looking down since I'm sitting down on my chair.

"Hm ? Me ? Nothing honestly."

"I spotted you looking at me for a while now, it's quite rude honestly."

"Ahh Ryujin-ssi, I'm sorry if our hyung made you feel uncomfortable. Hyung apologize !"

Wha- since when do I obey you Jung Wooyoung ? Excuse me, who is you ?

"You're Yabuki Kyoya ?" Ryujin suddenly said as her face turned serious.

"Yes, the one and onl-"

"Let's talk."

Not waiting for my response, she grabbed my hand and quickly dragged me outside. Dang she's quite brave isn't she ? I can only hear Wooyoung and Mingi's shouting "UNFAIR" before she managed to drag me outside.

"Are you really Yabuki Kyoya ? Answer me."

"Damn what are you ? An investigator ? Can't we just talk like normal people ?"

Ryujin stopped with a confused face, but quickly adjust herself before asking the same question.

"I'm Shin Ryujin, are you really Yabuki Kyoya ?"

"Now that's better, yes I am. Like i said before,  Is there anything I can help oh almighty Ms.Ryujin the almighty trainee for JYP ?"

"Hmm, you don't look promising."

That one simple answer was enough to make my veins pop a bit. This girl literally dragged me out from the cafeteria, scanned me up and down for a minute, and roasted me all in one go?

"Wow, we literally just met and you already be out here badmouthing me."

"But I can see why JYP-nim sometimes regretted his decision trading you."

"Regretted? Never thought that word will come from him."

"He's a human, and humans make mistakes. It's only natural for him to have regrets."

Ryujin is not wrong now that i think about it.As much as I don't like him we all make mistakes, even sometimes too many mistakes.

"I wish you luck with the competition, Kyoya-ssi. It'll be interesting to see you in the TOP9."

"That's all ?!" 

Ryujin stopped on her tracks and slowly look behind at me once again. She looked a bit confused especially after she looked at my face. I can tell that i put up an annoyed face but maybe i interpreted it in weird way. 

"You dragged me out here just to say those things ?"

"Uhm..yes ?"

I sighed can't believe the situation that I'm in. She could've just said it without dragging me out here. Ugh...

"Come here"

This time I'm the one who dragged her along, moving to the vending machine near the main hall. The company gave us some money in case of emergency, and yes this is one of those emergency moment.

"Here"

"Cola ?"

Might not look much, but for us trainees drinking something like this is enough to bring happiness.

"I know how hard it is to pass through the front door in JYPE with this drink. Drink it while you got the chance."

She seemed hesitant at first but then quickly took it and drink it. Her eyes shines possibly feeling rejuvenated from the simple can of cola. I sat down on the wooden bench next to the machine which she followed after.

"What's the purpose of this Kyoya-ssi ?"

"Don't know, i just don't feel like coming back to the cafeteria after a girl just randomly drag someone."

"Ah...sorry..."

"No need to apologize, dragging you here was the compensation for earlier. Oh funny thing , two of my friends are part of your fandom. So  congratulations ?"

"Was it the tall one and the other who apologized? The two are quite funny." Ryujin giggled.

"Yep, hope you can take care of them." I playfully saluted at the younger girl.

"Isn't it supposed to be the opposite ? I'm younger than them y'know."

"H-huh ? Wait how old are you again ?"

"Guess !"

Ugh I'm bad with these type of game. Guessing is not and will never be a good part of my skillset. She did say she's younger than Wooyoung, wait how old is Wooyoung again ? Damn it, i should've remember that list i made in the notebook. 

"16, I'm 16." Ryujin sudden answer snapped me out from the thoughts world. Wait hold up-

"16 ?! You're 16 ?! No wonder they call me grandpa..."

"PFFTT HAHAHA." 

Out of my expectation Ryujin laughed out loud. I didn't expect her to laugh from that, i-it wasn't even a joke though.Now i really feel old...

But thinking about it, even though I'm not be the one who's laughing i can feel that was one genuine laugh. Like one of those laugh you had after a series of bad days. Sheesh why didn't i think about it ? Representing JYP must've been tough for her, not to mention she's still pretty young. 

"Excuse me"

Our attention was quickly averted to someone else. Apparently, it was one of the Mixnine staff.

"I hope you two remembered the rules about female and male trainees. The two of you aren't dating right ?"

"Of course not, in fact we just met." Ryujin released her answer quickly to drop any suspicion.

"Great, please go back to your own room. We don't want a third party to assume the two of you or anyone else in this competition dating or anything like that."

"Understandable, we will go back to our own room."

Not wanting to argue any longer, the two of us walked away from the staff. On the way, we held a short conversation. I didn't expect her to be a GOT7's fan. Imagine being part of the same company with your idol, she's living the (Y/N) life currently. 

***

3rd P.O.V.

Wake up a few days later, let's see how Kyoya and the others are doing in the competition.

So to keep it short, today will be the day where the rank got reshuffled. Every participant or trainee in the competition will have a chance to be in the top 9.

The "judge" will decide where to rank the trainees based on how well they perform the original song of Mixnine named "Just Dance".  Every trainee has one chance to serve their best performance, anyone who failed to perform or chooses not to perform will immediately be dropped to C-Class.

"Yabuki Kyoya, are you ready ?"

"Yes sir !"

Learning the choreo is not hard for Kyoya, his experience as a trainee really helped him on this one. His vocals have improved compared to when he was in JYPE. Overall, he should be able to stay in this current class.

"Kamsahamnida !" Kyoya bowed to the little group of staff behind the camera.

He was about to approach the door and left the room but one of the staff called his name once again.

"You did well Kyoya-ssi, but I'm pretty sure you realized that you did a few mistakes."

Kyoya has to agree with that. He did miss a few details, especially during the chorus part. But he's not that disappointed with his own performance.

"That's why you should do it again."

Kyoya can't help but feel confused about the statement. Didn't all trainees only get one chance ?

"The CEO said we only get one chance."

"He liked you that much that he told me to offer you another chance if you want. This might boost you to the Top 9."

Kyoya thought about it, his objective for now is to stay in the A-Class. He preferred staying in that class so he can move up gradually and hopefully won't fall down to the lower class.

"This chance might not come twice. Don't worry, we'll keep it a secret from the other trainees."

The sound of that staff was really suspicious. The offer is too good to be true and to hear that in a competition like this ? 

"Thank you for the kind offer staff-nim, but it won't be fair for the others so I will have to decline it. Have a nice day. "

Kyoya let go of that one chance he might not get in the future. He left the room with no hesitation, leaving the staff in the room with annoyed expression painted on their faces.

"Dang it, I didn't expect him to decline that." One of the four staffs there said.

"Don't worry, we can still do stuff behind the camera." The staff that talked to Kyoya said.

"Can't we just take the money and act like we did something ?" The newbie suggested to the other two.

"I'm sure that lady got power, I don't want to imagine what will happen if we accept her money without doing anything. She'll terror us for sure." The one staff who hasn't talked finally opened his mouth.

"Enough with this, we still have a lot of people to go through. NEXT !"

***

Sehyoon P.O.V.

The recording went well today, but I'm not quite confident nor satisfied with my own rank right now. Guess I'll have to evaluate my performance and train even harder from this point. I'm glad that Byeongkwan and Donghun are doing well, but it's a bit embarrassing for me to stay behind like this.

"That Kyoya bastard really cheated ?!"

Huh?

I stopped by the sudden outrage of someone. Spying with my eye, I can see two male trainees sitting next to a vending machine. I'm not quite fond of the two, but it seems like both of them are in B-Class.

"I heard the staff asking him to do the recording once again. He declined it tho."

"He must've realized that some people can hear his conversation with the staff. Damn it, I thought he was cool..."

Kyoya cheated? Pft, what type of joke is that ?

I shrugged it off and continue walking back to the bedroom. There's no way anyone in this competition would've cheated. Hecks, some companies even struggled to pay their own rent let alone paying extra for stuff like this. 

"He wouldn't do that. Yeah, no way."

--------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 35 done, phew that really took a while to get done.  Sorry for the hella long wait, a series of bad events keep happening  for some reason.

Welp i hope everyone enjoy this one as well, i'm sorry again it took literal months to update but yeah. Thanks for reading and wish everyone a great day !

I'm out boiii

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2K 45 10
" Out of a billion faces, why is yours my favorite? " Y/N, a depressed student who lives a normal life, suddenly becomes Dahyun's brother and Nayeon'...
1.6K 60 3
(Y/n), a talented trainee who struggled to match any of the boys at JYP due to his completely feminine visual and gravitating stage presence, remaine...
98K 6.9K 32
Zhang Hao is someone with a big heart, trying to find someone he can marry in order for him to adopt his little cousin, who's now an orphan. What hap...
16.9K 1K 33
Yoo Jeongyeon is an owner of a coffee shop and Hirai Momo, a Film Director, happens to be a regular customer there. Momo had her heart broken by her...