Finding Sanctuary (ArmyxAloha...

By insanity_shows

After the death of his parents, Aloha has been living with his grandparent but is slowly starting to enter a... More

What Comes
Down Below
Trace of Evidence
Intuition
Ready For the Worst
Alew
Crying On The Inside
Take you with me
Tell me
Welcome Home
Serendipity
Is This Really It?
I Promised You
I'm Addicted to You
Cold War
Parts of Another
On our Own
When We are Older
This is our Sanctuary

For the Better

628 18 32
By insanity_shows

Army POV:

Honestly, doing this will be amazing. Aloha stands in his room; packing up his items so we can take them and leave. The cabin and my house, I will have to sort that out when I'm gone. But right now, this here is important. "Army! Where will we stop first!?" Aloha exhilarates with glee, jumping on his toes while he packs with a smile.

"We are going to any place you would like." I walk to his side and pull in for a reassuring kiss on the lips. He giggles and hugs me tight with that pink plushie in one of his hands. "I want to see the beach! I-I want to walk on the sand! Lay in it! I want to feel the sun and smell the salt water! I want to show everything I love about the beach, too you!"

He holds my shoulders and looks deep into my eyes.
With a swift response of passion, I lean in peck his lips and walk away. "...a couple of days ago, I was walking down the street and saw this in the window." Gently, I hold out the found item that I thought would be so fitting for him. He lets out a serene gasp and takes the item slowly into his hands.

"..It's..Oh wow! This is gorgeous!"

"It's for you." I whisper and push his hands against his chest that contains the item. "For me? Army this- This seems like- a Really expensive gift." He told with a baffled yet humorous tone; looking forth and back into my eyes, still unable to process the moment. "Some reason, I knew I had to buy it.
I didn't know why but, I do now."

Easing myself closer to his chest; I give one gentle smooch against his hands and hug him tenderly while I listen to his beating heart. "This can be our traveling trophy~ along our journey, in search for our home, we will collect more. And once we have settled, we can build a self for them and remember the good times we had to get there..."

My heart skips a beat. I understand and know, that life will be worth living for. "Our first one. We'll get more." Aloha smiles and shows off the plushie with a laughter. "The more the merrier!" I pronounce loud and clear with overwhelming joy! He and I finish packing and now only have to wait for our ticket out.
But, Aloha would like to finish clean...

"You sure about this?" I ask before we part ways to give our goodbyes to the friends we have made in this town. "Yes, of course. They may have not known. But I want to at least say something..." He gives me pleading eyes and jitters around like he's about to wet himself- "..Okay. Okay, well, I'll do the same for me. Text me when you're ready." I leave and walk the opposite direction he goes off.

This is a good idea. Forge is my most very best friend and...She would kill me if I left without her knowing.
She's like that, some, god giving-caring mother!
However, I don't mind. She was always there.
I managed to get a hold of her and now we stroll down the sidewalk while I try and explain the situation that is unraveling. With a couple of glances, she irritatingly waits for me to explain/ speak up/discuss! what I need to tell her!

Why does she terrify me time to time?

"Please just say it Army, you finally got an STD."

"WHA- Ah- NO!! Okay, Excuse my language, but Fuck you for that! I won't let you assume that!"

"Than, what's up? Is he okay? Are you?" She genuinely becomes concerned, and end up
stoping in our tracks. "...Aloha and I...are going to runaway together." I blurted out; figuring it was for the better judgment...but, once that was in the open... "Forge..?" She stands there with the serious expression she always holds-but, tears end up wallow in her eyes and glisten with her sobs breaking through-

"You'r-You're wha-what!?" She huffs and backs away, pressing her body against the wall that stands behind; managing to keep her up- "Its something we both want. It's something I want for Aloha. He needs to get out of this town...you know, you know the issue..." She pushes herself away from the wall and comes over to slap me.

"Forge."

"Is It!? You Think Running Away Is For The Good!? Army! You Have Something Here!! I kno-know..Alo-Aloha- is hurting...he has been for a long time...but,
To leave? That's not it. That's not like you..." She sits in the middle of the sidewalk/ going over everything that she knows or can do to prevent this.

"I love him; and He loves me. And because of that love," I kneel down in front of her face. "I'll do anything for him. I'll give him that sanctuary."
She nods, silently trying to sniff away her sadness. Taking a stand, she finally calms down. However, she was back to normal- she punched me in my arm so brutally; I think she numbed it-!

I let out a hurtful shout and walk away/ moving it clockwise, so I could get its senses back to normal-
"FORGE!?!" One last sniff she takes, and walks ahead. "You made me cry. You don't get to do that."
She commands with a straight forward attitude.
I give a brief scoff and respond, "yes ma'am." Her and I give a friendly glance toward one another and make our way down the street.

It was finally time. The sun was starting to set and I'm sure Aloha got everything he needed to say out in the open. "If you return, just remember you still have friends here.." can't even manage to look into my eyes. Her gaze was down at the floor; refusing her attention to be directed at me- but, that's Forge for you. I thought of a chuckle and wait for anything-

"When I do return, it will be for my friends." She nods, continuing to stare at the ground. This is tough for her. We have been through everything together- it hurts, because it's like I'm saying goodbye to a sibling; not just a friend; a sibling.
I nod back even though she can't see, I do reply and now part ways with her. "I'll be sure to tell the Sailors, Sir." She expresses loud.

When I looked back, her face was starring at mine.
Hand up, giving a respectful salute. "Thank you." Giving a happy final smile, I walk alone down the street, and head back home where Aloha awaits.

It was quite. This silence, it's calming.

"Aloha? You back?" I enter the cabin, not hearing a single sound. When I enter the living room, I see my assuming boyfriend sitting on the couch.
"Aloha you awake?" I ask, a little concerned since
he isn't responding. Finally taking the turn around the couch, I'm now able to see his eyes open.
This worries me- I sprint down by his side and
shake him roughly; bringing him back!

"Aloha!!?" He shakes and releases a wild yelp of fear; now looking ahead in my direction, only for me to see on his face a large red bleeding mark-
"Aloha...?"
"I ran into a pole..." he whispers...
"Bull Shit! Who did this!?" With a gentle and hesitant touch, I stroke under his damaged cheek... "After I told Octo and Straw...somehow, Diver received the news...he found me, and swung a bat against my face...I don't want to believe Octo or Straw told him..."

I sigh with horror and stand up, taking him along with me to the kitchen where a few medical supplies lie on the counter. "We are leaving soon. No more pain, no more sorrow." I dab his face wiping the blood away and finally stitch up his wound.
"Army. You're not leaving with me." He suddenly spoke by taking my hands in his.

"Wha-what?"

"You're leaving everything behind. Do you even want to go with me?" I come close and bring our foreheads together. "I do. I do. Aloha, I won't be leaving anything behind. Everything I want, I want with you. You're not pushing me away, we are going to leave tonight, start somewhere new, build a home and life together..."

He leans up and wraps his arms around me while whispering a few inaudible words. "I just don't want you to be stuck with a mess like me..." He sighs and begins to slowly fall asleep against me. With a little smirk, I scoop him into my arms and carry his delicate body to the couch where he will sleep for now until we leave.

With a soft, heavy blanket that has yet to be packed-
It flings over, resting on his body while I tuck him in and let him snooze off. It's quiet...but again, it's a calming quiet. I mute myself and any loud action and kneel down, looking at his sleeping face that I find so adorable...I rub him head and with a gentle whisper, "mess or not...you will still be my husband"
I kiss his forehead and sit against the couch while I'm on the floor.

*Knock-Knock

"...Not now." I complain and stand, going over to the door and open it without thinking who may be behind it. "Forge?" I'm confused yet, happy to see her- she suddenly walks in and goes into the living room where Aloha sleeps. "Oh-Wait-For-"
"Wake Up!!!" She yells at him with him ending up falling on to the floor with a loud thump!-

"Aaah- Scary lady! Why is scary lady here, Army!?!"
Aloha sits up with a puzzling manner and comes over and hides behind me. "Forge that wasn't nic-"
"Shut up." She cuts me off and paces around the room for a moment then suddenly claps her hands, heading our way. I'm legit terrified

"You're not leaving." She said to me with Aloha gripping tight on my jacket sleeve. "Forge-"
"No. Nu-ah, this isn't going to happen. You two are not running away. When we had our talk, I was shattered, so, I started to radically think!! And I mean Think! But! I figured it out! I have an idea!"

"Forge...it's not the idea you had in mind before...right?" She steps away and rolls her eyes-
"It's similar, only a little better. Please, both of you, trust me on this."

________________________________

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

290K 3.5K 34
❥Scenarios between you and your favorite Splatoon manga characters! Requests closed! Characters inklude, Goggles, Rider, Aloha, Army, Mask, and Pri...
6.5K 154 20
(Cover Art is MINE) Army and Aloha have been friends since they first joined the S4 but after a match which paints Aloha as bait for the team, Aloha...
9.4K 174 29
Aloha x Army oneshots published over the course of 30 days! Using the standard list with some changes to make my life easier- Rated mature for a few...
2.4K 72 16
The beginning of a possible series of stories regarding the strong love connection between two well-known Agents who work for the Inkopolis Agent-Age...