Fractured | Ninjago AU (EXAMS...

By LuckyBugBooks

"Sometimes what's broken isn't as broken as you think." ~*~*~*~ Master Wu's School for Self-Discovery. A sch... More

Introduction
Prologue
CHAPTER ONE ~ ROOTS
~ Part 1 ~ | Paper Monsters
~ Part 2 ~ | Spiders Take A Beating
~ Part 3 ~ | First Impressions
~ Part 4 ~ | Wake-Up Call
~ Part 5~ | A Little Bit of Stupid
~ Part 6~ | The Act We Make
~ Part 7~ | The Lies We Tell
~ Part 8~ | The Words We Say
~ Part 9~ | Some People Walk in the Rain, Others Just Get Wet
~ Part 10~ | New Beginnings
CHAPTER TWO ~ THE GREEN NINJA
~ Part 1~ | Messages
~ Part 3 ~ | The Strange Girl In The Elevator
~ Part 4 ~ | Losing Control
~ Part 5 ~ | Hearts Racing
~ Part 6~ | Home
~ Part 7~ | One Last Thing
~ Part 8~ | Lloyd Garfield
~ Part 9 ~ | The Boy Out of Time
~ Part 10 ~ | Pride and Prejudice
~ Part 11 ~ | Childish Pranks and Teenage Girl Gossip
~ Part 12~ | A Little Bit Of Advice
~ Part 13~ | Wondering
~ Part 14~ | Maybe Father Doesn't Know Best
~ Part 15~ | The Interview
~ Part 16~ | We Are Not Alone
~ Part 16.5 ~ | 15K Bonus Scene
CHAPTER THREE ~ GHOST STORY
~ Part 1~ | We Are All Together
~ Part 2~ | Nerds Alike
~ Part 3 ~| A Visitor
~ Part 4 ~ | A Million Little Mistakes Can Become So Big
~ Part 5 ~ | Slipping Through My Fingers
~ Part 6 ~ | To Earn One's Respect
~ Part 7 ~ | Tell Me A Story
~ Part 8 ~ | Early Morning Thoughts
~ Part 9 ~ | A Small Step Forward
~ Part 10 ~ | Pixal's Answer
~ Part 11 ~ | Memories
~ Part 12 ~ | Pressure
~ Part 13 ~ | Rooftop Talks
~ Part 14 ~ | All You Ever Wanted
~ Part 15 ~ | The Boy in The Painting
~ Part 16 ~ | I'm Here (Literally and Metaphorically)
~ Part 17 ~ | Waving Goodbye
~ Part 18 ~ | Acid & Emerald
~ Part 19 ~ | A Very Fond Farewell
CHAPTER FOUR ~ Tournament of Elements
~ Part 1~ | Opportunities
~ Part 2~ | Don't You Hold Back
~ Part 3 ~ | Into the Lion's Den
NOTE (I'm not giving up on this book I promise)

~ Part 2 ~ | Taking The City

1.1K 61 325
By LuckyBugBooks

~ Part 2 ~ | Taking The City

~*~*~*~

** City Song (Grace VanderWaal)**

~*~*~*~

"Fresh laid concrete
Melodies blowing
Don't care where we're going
But the day is wasting
Just keep moving
And take it all in"

~ Grace VanderWaal

This chapter is dedicated to RubyRed883 . I swear you've read so many of my books and I really appreciate all the awesome comments and support you give! <3

******

"PACK UP, WE'RE GOING TO THE CITY!"

Kai startled, his body jerking in surprise as the previously locked dorm somehow was broken into and loud, obnoxious, moron that came barging in.

"I hate you." Kai grumbled, laying back down and rolling over.

Zane yawned from his bed, blinking curiously at his classmates. Cole, who wasn't exactly the most early riser, looked unusually bright and happy as he marched to where Kai was buried in a bundle of blankets. He made the strongly unadvised decision to yank the comforter off of the angry teenager.

"UGH!" Kai groaned as Cole practically rolled him over while he clung to the blankets. "I'm up, I'm up...."

"Can someone tell me why a sugar-high Jay is bouncing outside my door?" Nya mumbled groggily, still in her pyjamas as she pattered in. The kangaroo of a child bounded behind her.

"Master Wu just gave me the 'okay' for a little road trip!" Cole said proudly, tossing Kai his hoodie as the brunette rubbed the sleep from his eyes.

"What do you mean by this... 'road trip'" Zane's face scrunched into a puzzled expression.

Jay inspected Zane's perfectly organized closet with interest. "We're driving out to the big city to show you all our favourite places!"

Zane blinked. "Why?"

"Yeah- why?" Kai echoed as he squirted copious amounts of hair gel into his hand.

Cole ignored the second boy and turned to Zane. "Exploring Ninjago City is among my favourite memories." He told Zane. "I want to create some good memories for you too there."

Zane's eyes widened in surprise before softening with gratitude. "Thank you, Cole."

Kai simply snorted as he tied his shoe. "Just wait until you take a whiff of the crisp air filled with gasoline and cigarette smoke."

****

"How are we going to get there in that?" Jay wrinkled his nose at the rough looking car Wu had stored behind the school. It was hard to say when updated back to because it was covered in chipped paint and rust.

"She still has some energy in her!" Cole told his skeptical peers, patting the cars hood.

There was a clatter as the license plate fell off.

Kai made barely any move to smother his snort as Cole hastily tried to cram it back on.

"It'll probably break down before we even get there!" Jay pointed out, wrinkling his nose.

"I'm sure it'll be fine." Zane smiled at Cole graciously.

Cole sniffed, climbing into the driver seat and slipping the key in. There was an awful sputtering noise as the engine roared.

"What's that smell?" Kai asked suddenly.

"COLE!" Jay went stumbling back as the front of the vehicle suddenly exploded in black smoke.

Cole blinked, frozen in place as he stared at the blackened window. His finger absently flicked the windshield wipers. His friends cough violently from the side.

"I refuse to travel in that." Kai wrenched the door open to poke Cole in the shoulder.

"Well, then you can walk!" Cole snapped.

"Hey...." Jay looked around. "Where's Nya?"

"Nya?" Kai paused his bickering to search for his sister. He cursed. "Are you kidding me?"

Zane tapped Kai on the shoulder. "I believe she is over there."

Kai followed the tall boy's finger. The satisfying rumble of a healthy engine whirred as the big blue truck rolled in front of them. Cole's mouth fell open as Nya rolled down the window. Kai sighed when he recognized Nya's truck.

"Ready to go?" She called with a smirk.

"NYA!" Kai ran over. "Thank god!" He smiled at his sister's vehicle.

"This is much better." Jay stage whispered to Zane as he plodded after. Cole pouted but didn't hesitate to scramble out of the car.

Kai rattled the driver's door handle. "What?" Nya yelped irritably.

"You're not driving!" Kai told her. Nya groaned but unlocked the car and scrambled to the passenger seat. Cole pushed past Kai and sat down while Zane and Jay climbed in the back.

"Scooch over Jay," Kai pulled himself inside. "I'm not going in the middle."

"Why am I stuck in the middle?" Jay whines.

"Because you're the shortest, duh."

Jay made a noise of offence that made Nya laugh as Cole vamped up the radio and turned the gear into drive.

"It's time for training and we're getting started..."

*****

"Are we there yet?"

"Oh my god! Shut up!" Kai groaned, leaning his head against the window with boredom.

"For the last time Jay, we're almost there!" Cole tightened his grip on the steering wheel with irritation.

Jay huffed and fell back in his seat, accidentally bumping Kai in the shoulder. "It's not my fault you drive like a grandma."

"I'm not driving like a grandma!" Cole protested.

"Cole, " Kai said carefully, leaning forward between the driver and the passenger seat. "There's no one here for miles, the speed limit is only a suggestion when you think about it, and you're going way under it."

Cole scowled and flipped him off, making Nya and Jay burst into laughter as Kai gasped. Zane shook his head, reaching across Jay to push Kai back in his seat.

"You're attention to safety is very admirable." Zane said peacefully.

"Thank you, Zane."

"But it is also unnecessary. Please go faster."

Before Cole could retort Jay shot up, grinning excitedly and shaking Kai. "WE'RE HERE!"

"OW! Knock it off!"

Zane's opalescent eyes widened as he stared at the looming skyscrapers. Their tips reaching to the clouds and filling the streets.

"What do you think, buddy?" Cole grinned at him as they started into the city. "You've made it to the big NGC."

"It's.... astonishing." Zane breathed. Jay leaned over the taller boy to roll down the window.

Even Kai was in awe. "Holy First Spinjitzu Master."

Jay leaned forward, craning his necks round the seat to smile at Nya.

"Welcome to Ninjago City."

*******

"Where to first?" Cole asked as he parked the car, handing the keys to Nya so she could put them in her purse. Jay had made it very clear that he didn't want the car keys in Cole's zipper-less pockets.

"We could show them where to get the best snacks, we could travel to all the tourist traps, oh! I could show you guys where I broke my collar bone last summer!" Jay said giddily, skipping ahead.

"Woah, there." Nya laughed, grabbing him by the sleeve and tugging him back. "Let's just take it slow. I think Zane's overwhelmed."

Jay was too busy staring at their clasped hands to pay attention to their pals, lean, friend. Kai chuckled as Zane spun in a slow circle. Looking around at all the thousands of people and buildings.

Everything seemed... big. The streets were huge and stuffed with cars, trucks, motorbikes, and everything in between. People of all different cultures roamed around, on their phones or skateboarding around. People played music on the sidewalks and others simply ran around like a chicken who had its head cut off.

"I'm hungry." Cole patted his stomach. "I think it's time for lunch."

"You're always hungry." Kai grumbled.

"Sorry that I enjoy doing the daily activity we all need to survive!"

Jay sniffed at the air. "I think I smell hotdogs.... thatta-way!"

"I guess that's our first stop." Kai casually strolled forward, breaking through Jay and Nya's linked hands. Making Jay blush and Nya roll her eyes.

Cole dashed ahead, finding the little hot dog stand easily on the street beside some clothing store. The rest waited while he took their orders, patiently watching him squirt way too much ketchup on the sausages and handing them over.

Zane inspected the greasy meal but as the others chowed down he decided to place it in his mouth. Zane took a bite, chewing as the delicious flavours filled his mouth. He wiped at the mustard on his lips. "That is quite delicious." He admitted.

"Mmm!" Cole's eyes rolled back as he practically ate it in one swallow. "I missed Ninjago City!" Jay was currently trying to figure out how he managed to fit his whole hotdog in his mouth.

"Oh my gosh!" Nya squealed, handing her hotdog wrapper to Kai and dashing away.

"Nya!" Kai fumbled with the garbage and tossed it aside, chasing after her.

Jay and Cole followed more slowly and Zane took his time throwing out the trash they dropped before joining them.

"Look at this!" Nya had stopped to gaze at the huge tower in the centre of Ninjago.

"It looks ugly." Kai said in disgust.

"Borg Tower." Nya ignored him. "The building of one of the best inventors in the world."

Jay came up beside her, hands in his pockets as he pretended to gaze up at it. His eyes sneaking peaks at her from the corner of his eye. She looked so much more...bright and young. A sparkle in her eye as she stared at it. Usually her face was scrunched with worry but today she seemed like a free bird.

"Meh." Kai shrugged. "Let's go." He turned on his heel but when he glanced back Zane, Jay, and Nya had already gone inside.

Cole gave him an awkward shrug. "Aw, come on!" Kai grumbled, he dragged his feet as he followed.

It was a super modern building, the area for shoppers and visitors was packed full of people. All gasping at the crazy inventions Cyrus Borg was displaying. And Nya, Jay, and Zane were in the thick of it.

Cole and Kai stood awkwardly to the side. Avoiding each others gaze. Cole never realized how little one on one time they had until now.

"So..." Cole drew out. "You're not into this stuff?"

"Nah. Fixing stuff is Nya's thing." Kai jerked a thumb at where she was. "I'm the one who destroys the stuff for her."

"That makes sense." Cole couldn't help but say. Kai gave him the side-eye but ignored it.

"Wanna bet on how long it takes Jay to ask my sister out." Kai asked causally.

Cole laughed. "Heck yeah."

Authors note***

It's taking all my willpower to keep the flow going and not launching Lloyd in here like a green bean-volley ball.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.8K 372 73
Ninjago isn't just protected by the beloved ninja force. In the shadows lurk hidden heroes, poised and ready to strike. Aurora is the leader of a gro...
223 6 5
TW: Blatant homophobia, swearing, death,and more serious topics. Also, please bear with me, that I have no idea how pirate ships work! And looking up...
36.6K 1.7K 38
Ninjago Series Β» Book 1 The Ninja hadn't quite made a name for themselves yet, as Garmadon was waiting to make his move. But the Serpentine are emerg...
18.8K 765 44
Ninjago Series Β» Book 4 The loss of Zane had an everlasting effect on everybody in Ninjago. It hit his teammates the hardest, leaving them devastated...