Kanto's Pride

By pseudoforce

This is a story of Ash Ketchum, the boy who became famous after defeating the World Champion Leon himself in... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter 40

9K 131 72
By pseudoforce

Outside the academy, the officers were standing with discipline in a line. Five black jets descended from the sky as they landed one by one. Each one of them were modernised with updates and had the initials 'KDA' printed on it. All the doors opened at once as many uniformed officers came down from them. People were gathered around the area watching this scene with interest. At this point, the officers didn't even bother to shove them away, but still kept a guard on the reporters so they don't pester them with questions.

Champion Lance finally came out followed by the Elite Four Sabrina. As they came out, the others immediately rushed to them and gave a formal salute. The two Kantonians nodded and went straight to work.

"Give me all the updates in brief," Lance said in a serious tone as he started walking towards the academy. Agent David followed his suit.

"Sir, Lance. We have been doing our best to break through the shield which has been blocking our path from the beginning. We have sent one of our drones and came to know that the students are being robbed by a mysterious group of people who are none other than Team Cosmos," he replied.

"Show me the footage of the camera," Sabrina ordered as David shrugged.

"Sorry Ma'am. The thing is it was destroyed 15 minutes ago by a peculiar and very powerful thunderbolt, which seemed to have appeared and disappeared without any trace," he said. Lance and Sabrina exchanged quick glances

"So Ash is inside then," Lance said, looking at the direction of the campus. This simple information caught David totally off guard.

"W-w-what? You mean that was-?" before he could say anything, an officer interrupted.

"Sir, the intensity of the shield seemed to be lessing by a small range in every few minutes," he informed as David sighed in relief.

"Alright, our officers will take it from here. Meanwhile, you people make sure everyone is out of this area range," Sabrina said.

"Yes Ma'am," David said and sprinted off to carry out his given duty.

"Think he will be okay?" asked Lance.

"I hope so. Let's do our best for the time being," replied Sabrina.

Lance nodded as they both started give orders and brought out their pokemons as well for help. Now, they have only one goal. To stop and prevent this sort of chaos, once and for all.

***

The bright blue light materialised into a huge draconic, bipedal Pokémon. It was primarily orange with a cream underside from the chest to the tip of its tail. It had a long neck, small blue eyes, slightly raised nostrils, and two horn-like structures protruding from the back of its rectangular head. There were two fangs visible in the upper jaw when its mouth was closed. Two large wings with blue-green undersides sprout from its back, and a horn-like appendage juts out from the third joint of each wing. A single wing-finger was visible through the center of each wing membrane. Its arms were short and skinny compared to its robust belly, and each limb had three sharp, white claws. It had stocky legs with cream-colored soles on each of its plantigradefeet. The flame burning on the tip of its tail was blazing with fiery battling spirit and determination.

The Flame Pokemon, Charizard, hovered in the air for a moment in silence. It slowly opened its eyes which were burning with red hot flames. It spreaded its wings to the both side and let loose a deafening outcry.

"ROOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAARRRRRR!!!"

The roar from the beast shook the entire campus madly as if a massive earthquake was happening. The shockwaves blowing out from it caused everyone to loose their balance as they tried to stand their ground while some were literally pushed back. The windows formed cracks on it from the impact of the aftershock. The opposition pokemon at one moment was very confident of themselves, but now all of a sudden, they weren't anymore. Each one of them could feel the terrifying power Charizard was releasing. It was a literal powerhouse.

All the grunts recoiled back in fear. Damon was stunned at the display of power from the Kantonian fully evolved starter. Even Medea was staring with wide eyes as one of her pokeball started to vibrate on her belt.

"W-w-what.....power...," choked out Professor Oak.

"Just... w-what is that?" stuttered Rowan.

Some of them recognized this particular powerhouse pokemon of their friend. Brock, Misty, May, Max, Iris, Cilan and Gary were shocked to see it at first, but now contented at its sight once again.

"Charizard....." whispered Brock.

"Wow" said Misty.

"Incredible...," praised Max, seeing once again one of his idol's strongest pokemon.

"Damn, this is going to be a genocide," said Gary excitedly with a mad grin. The same pokemon who destroyed his team back at the Johto League Conference, was now going to do the same to Team Cosmos.

The others just silently stared at it with awe. The Flame Pokemon flew in mid air. Ash was standing right below its shadow and gazing at the criminals with a small smile on his lips. Charizard occasionally released hot flames from its mouth and showing off its strength with pride. Each fluttering of its wings blew gust around the area.

What stood out to them, was the fact this pokemon was larger than its average size meaning, bigger than its own species. The flame ignited on its tail resembled the fire that was burning inside its trainer's heart.

"I would like you guys to meet Charizard, one of Ash's most strongest pokemon," said Gary with a proud look in his eyes.

"I've certainly heard about it before from Ash, but this is.....," Goh said, trying think of a word to express his thoughts.

"So stroooong," singed Bonnie, trailing off.

"He...he..had that m-monster for so long?" questioned Barry while stuttering to himself.

"Such strength of a trainer's pokemon is unheard of," said Flint.

"T-that fire........its burning with so much determination and fighting spirit," said Kiawe, stunned and happy at the same time. His hands were trembling just at the sight of it.

"No way. To think that he even released this beast in the first place," said Ethan, shaking his head with a smirk.

'It's time, I will finally be able to see just how strong you are Ash,' thought Paul.

Medea composed herself soon enough and glared at the grunts.

"Stop fooling around and start attacking. Its just a Charizard," she ordered with frustration.

The grunts then realised that there were like hundreds of them while the opponent was only a mere Charizard.

"Use Hyper Beam," the grunts now ordered all at once as the pokemons aimed their attacks at the hovering fire type.

Thr trainer and his pokemon remained perfectly calm. Everyone prepared their beams of sheer energy and blasted them with a brutal force. All the Hyper Beams from the respective pokemon converged and became a super powerful attack as it approached their target.

"Overheat."

Charizard reared back its head and opened its mouth to blast a full power fire attack at a supersonic momentum. The two attacks collided with a huge aftershock and ended up at a stalemate as one tried to overpower the other. Soon enough, both attacks cancelled each other out and ended up with an explosive outcome. Smoke filled the area momentarily and obscured the vision of one another.

Ash knew it was going to be a long battle if it continued like this. There could be more of them around the campus, hiding out or doing some other task. He then decided to exploit this small distraction.

"Guys," he called out to his friends to get their attention. They were still recovering from the smoke and couldn't hear him, but his childhood friend did.

"Hey Ash," he responded by yelling out to him.

"Gary listen. There are more of this people inside the dorms and other places. Go with the others and stop . I doubt they have their pokemon with them," he explained his idea briefly. Gary knew Ash was serious about this so, he didn't object and hurriedly sprinted away after giving him a nod.

"Ash!" some feminine voices called out to him. The boy looked at the direction and saw the girls coming towards him. He immediately signalled them to back away.

"Dont come here, it's dangerous. Help the others and get them to safety. I will distract them while I can," said Ash in a concerned tone.

"But Ash.." started Serena.

"I will be fine," he said reassuringly and smiling at them warmly. "Trust me."

The girls knew there was no way they could convince him out of something in which he already has his mind on. They decided to obligue what he said.

"Always thinking about others first, aren't you?" asked May with a sigh.

"But still, you are always so sweet," said Dawn smiling at him.

"Please look after yourself and don't do anything stupid," warned Anabel with a worrying tone.

"Love you Ash," said Serena with a close- eyed smile.

Ash smiled widely and couldn't feel more happy than to see their concerns for him. He felt grateful inwardly and blushed a bit before nodding at them. The girls along with most of the others who hurried off to do their respective role in this mission. The smoke was slowly clearing off as Ash turned back to the fight in his hand, retaining his serious demeanour once again. He was going to make sure these people are stopped, right here and now. And he wasn't gong to back down so easily.

"Useless," grunted Medea as she took out a pokeball and threw it. A dragon type pokemon materialised and gave out an intimidating cry.

"Use Dragon Rush," she commanded as Salamence engulfed itself with draconic energy and bolted towards Charizard at a high speed.

"Seismic Toss," Ash commanded calmly. Just when the pseudo legendary got close enough, Charizard dodged at the last second and flew into a high altitude after grabbing its tail. Salamence struggled to break free as Charizard spun a full 360 degree a few times in the air before
throwimg the dragon type with sheer force, smashing it to the ground. The Flame pokemon bellowed down as if challenging it to get up again. Salamence slowly raised its head and growled angrily, before standing up again.

"Don't just stand there, keep attacking until its down," she commanded the grunts as they immediately went into position. Damon just silently watched the all out fight before him. Only he seem to have noticed most of the students were gone or have hidden themselves. He knew getting through Ash wasn't going to be easy. So he sneaked away from the others and entered their battleship to keep it ready if they needed to abort. Specifically, if he needed to abort.

Several flying type pokemon soared into the sky. Among them there were Skarmory, Corviknight, Crobat, Murkrow, Swoobat, Mandibuzz and a Flygon too.

"Finish them," was all Ash said.

Charizard grinned and started to taunt the other pokemons to attack first. Skarmory and Corviknight quickly used Steel Wing and hit Charizard's exposed stomach with full force. They smirked after landing the hit, thinking it did some damage. But soon enough, it was wiped off their faces. Skarmory and Corviknight raised their heads to see Charizard grinning sinisterly. It was too late when they noticed how close they were. They tried to back away quickly when Charizard grabbed their necks, stopping them in their tracks. The fire type started to spin on its body before throwing the two Steel/Flying type pokemons towards the surface. Before they could even hit the ground, Charizard blew a massive flamethrower at them while in mid-air. It connected with an explosion as both fell to the ground, unconscious.

"Use Supersonic," the grunts ordered as Swoobat and Crobat started to release odd sound waves. Charizard clutched its ears in pain and slowly started to get confused.

"Shake it off and use Dragon Claw," Ash commanded quickly. Charizard opened its eyes and gave a thunderous roar as the two flying types flinched from it, resulting in stopping their attacks. Charizard disappeared from its spot with a blur and reappeared behind them, forming two sharp green claws of pure draconic energy. Before they could comprehend what happened, Charizard brutally slashed them with his Dragon Claw and knocked them out instantly.

"Use Dark Pulse," two other grunts commanded. Mandibuzz and Murkrow now got their chance as they shot two spiral waves of dark energy at their flying target. Charizard easily evased through them with its mid-air maneuvers after noticing and approached the two dark/flying type birds. Its fists started to crackle with electricity as it punched them in their stomachs respectively as both cried in pain from the super effective Thunder Punch. Charizard didn't stop there as it thrashed their heads with full force, smashing them to the ground as they joined their fallen teammates, eyes replaced by swirls.

Right after the Flame pokemon finished its attack, a powerful Sandstorm started to form around it. Flygon was using its wings in order to trap the beast inside a vortex of sand. Charizard was losing its balance in the air through this process. The other non-flying type pokemons were waiting below and ready to attack, but because of the distance that was created between them due to Charizard being in mid-air, they couldn't.

"Use your wings Charizard," Ash cried out to his strongest fire type. It heard what its trainer said and knew instantly what to do.

The draconic creature started to flutter its large wings with an incredible speed. Wind started to conjure up as it started to counter against the Sandstorm. The clash of wind and sand carried on for a while as both cancelled each other out.

"Now," Ash yelled as Charizard nodded and slowly started to approach Flygon.

"Flygon, Dual Wingbeat," the grunt who was in-charge of it commanded.

The Mystic pokemon started to approach its target from the opposite direction preparing its wings. Just as it was close, Charizard smirked and vanished from its spot. Flygon was forced to stop its attack as it looked around in confusion.

"Look out!" the grunt yelled.

It was too late when Flygon felt the hot presence of the beast behind it. It turned around only to meet with a green, scale patterned tail slamming into its face, knocking the mystic pokemon all the way to the side of a building. It made a huge indent on the wall, as Flygon got stuck from the force of Charizard's Dragon Tail.

"Fucking hell!"

"Just how strong is that thing?"

"It knocked all of our flying types."

The grunts started to mutter with each other as Charizard gave another one of its roar, its eyes screaming that its hungry for more battle. The students who were there started to cheer for them.

"Salamence, use Rock Tomb," Medea yelled as the dragon type suddenly appeared behind Charizard. It summoned the boulders and hurled them towards the fire type who didn't get enough time to dodge. The super effective move connected and forced Charizard to retreat to the ground. The students gasped in worry as the criminals grinned in triumph.

"Manetric, use Thunderbolt while its down."

"Magnezone, you do the same."

The two electric type took position and wasted no time in charging up a Thunderbolt before attacking it at Charizard. The attacks connected with an electrifying explosion, as smoke conjured up.

"This looks bad," said Tierno, who was watching from a distance.

"We have to keep faith in Ash, c'mon," urged Trevor.

Medea turned around on her back. "That take cares of that. Let's go," she said cockily.

"M-Ma'am," one of the grunts called out and pointed at a direction. Medea turned around. Her eyes widened at what she saw.

The spot were the attacks landed on Charizard a few seconds ago was empty. Instead, a small yellow pokemon was seen standing there, smiling confidently. Occasional sparks were coming out from its cheeks.

Suddenly, a shrill pain of cry could be heard. Before she could see anything, two yellow blurs shot past everyone and crashed on the wall behind. Medea looked behind to see Manetric and Magnezone impaled deeply into the wall, knocked out.

"ROOOOOOAAAAAARRRRR!!!!!"

Charizard roared once again and flew into the sky, perfectly fine as it dusted off its claws, giving the message to everyone that it was the culprit who knocked out those electric types so brutally.

The cheers could be heard again. Every single grunt and their pokemon gulped and sweated nervously due to the rising temperature all of a sudden.

"But how-?" Medea muttered. She then realized that Ash's Pikachu took the attacks from before and gave Charizard the time to recover from the Rock Tomb. She grunted in anger while Ash was just standing confidently, crossing his arms with a calm look on his face.

"Keep attacking, don't stop," she ordered once again.

"Scolipede, use Venoshock."

"Poliwrath, Hydro Pump."

"Sandaconda, use Sand Attack."

"Malamar, Psybeam."

"Golem, Rock Smash."

"Tyranitar, Hyper Beam."

The respective attacks from the pokemon came towards their direction at a rapid succession. Ash, Pikachu and Charizard smirked knowingly, as they were just warming up for this fight.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

219K 2K 22
Ash Ketchum have traveled 6 region and participated in many league but never able to win.after the close loss in kalos league Ash have been unusually...
203K 3.1K 40
Amourshipping Story - (AshxSerena) Ash begins his training for the World Coronation Series Tournament. The winner of that tournament gets the honor...
27.6K 863 20
Pokemon. Amazing creatures that have changed how people live in the Pokémon world. But what if, hundreds of years before Ash Ketchum started his jour...
94.1K 2.1K 99
It's been 6 months since Ash has lost the Kalos League and he still feels like something is missing or someone. After a talk with an old Friend he fi...