The Billionaire's Getaway Try...

By miracle-06

Valerie Jones, a 25-year-old copywriter, aspires to be a senior content editor in the advertising world and w... More

~The Billionaire's Getaway Tryst~
~Prologue~
~Chapter 01~
~Chapter 02~
~Chapter 03~
~Chapter 04~
~Chapter 05~
~Chapter 06~
~Chapter 08~
~Chapter 09~
~Chapter 10~
~Chapter 11~
~Chapter 12~
~Chapter 13~
~Chapter 14~
~Chapter 15~
~Chapter 16~
~Chapter 17~
~Chapter 18~
~Chapter 19~
~Chapter 20~
~Chapter 21~
~Chapter 22~
~Chapter 23~
~Chapter 24~
~Chapter 25~
~Chapter 26~
~Chapter 27~
~Chapter 28~
~Chapter 29~
~Chapter 30~
~Chapter 31~
~Chapter 32~
~Chapter 33~
~Chapter 34~
~Chapter 35~
~Chapter 36~
~Chapter 37~
~Chapter 38~
~Chapter 39~
~Chapter 40~
~Chapter 41~
~Chapter 42~
~Chapter 43~
~Chapter 44~
~Chapter 45~
~Chapter 46~
~Chapter 47~
~Chapter 48~
~Chapter 49~
~Chapter 50~
~Chapter 51~
~Epilogue~
~Bonus Chapter~

~Chapter 07~

5.5K 212 244
By miracle-06

"We are officially a part of the campaign, VVJ," Shivaay paused, letting me process his words.

My jaw slackened and I stopped dead in my tracks, staring at him stupendously. "Wh-what?" I sputtered. From the corner of my eyes, I could see Ms. Kutcher walking ahead with quick and stealthy strides.

"You heard me right. They take two to three members from each team who have contributed immensely in the campaign to help the top-esque people out for the entire ad campaign. Like, the field work, you know. The rest of the members are to strictly follow the instructions by their heads to let it all move smoothly. Basically, they are to follow and do what we'd suggested in the planning phase," he told me patiently but I was half listening to him.

I had almost stopped hearing after the first line or two because those words got me immersed into my own world. I could finally get to see how everything worked. My dreams would actually mould into an unbelievable reality. "Wow," I whispered to myself, still lost in my trance.

"Not really. They make you run about as if you're an immortal or a supernatural being. You'd end up feeling exhausted by the end of it all. I swear, once I'd actually felt like I was high or something because I could feel my body floating away from my spirit? Which is weird because I don't even do drugs. I hope they go easy on me this time. I..."

I completely droned him out this time and absent-mindedly strolled behind Skye's secretary. I could feel my cheeks hurting with the way I was smiling. "I'd still wanna experience this," I suddenly blurted out, breaking his rant.

He was startled but quickly collected himself and shrugged. "Bugs me every time I think that as well."

I laughed softly and before I knew it, we were standing in front of the 'Fire Up Room'. The same room wherein I was sitting amongst the whole department on my second day and also where I had befriended Shivaay.

Rolling back my shoulders, I stood up straighter and patted my unruly curls. I wanted to chuckle at myself because it always helps me in taming my excitement and making me more somber, more neat.

"You both ready?" Ms. Kutcher asked, her hand hovering over the door handle. I was glad that she was actually showing courtesy by giving us a moment to prepare ourselves before heading in.

"This isn't the first time for me," Shivaay muttered from beside me, looking all indifferent about the situation which wasn't the case on my side.

"We're ready."

Nodding her head, she pushed open the door. My eyebrows raised up in stupefaction because I had almost expected the board members to be present as well. So imagine my surprise when I just saw Ms. Maxwell and Skye Williams standing opposite each other on the podium engaged in a heated discussion. Their hands were waving about as if putting across their points but stopped abruptly, sensing our presence. Except for us, the whole room was vacant.

Their heads shot up in our direction and they instantly silenced. Ms. Maxwell was the first one to speak. "That would be all, Ms. Kutcher. Thank you."

Ashley took that as her cue of dismissal, leaving just the four of us. Shivaay and I stood side by side, waiting for one of them to speak something.

"Take a seat, Ms. Jones, Mr. Vyas," Skye Williams spoke gently, gesturing toward the empty seats and we both obliged.

Without even consciously knowing about it, I began staring at him. I saw Skye's suit jacket draped over a lone chair on the podium while there were creases on his baby blue shirt. His hair was disheveled with each strand pointing in all directions. He looked exhausted and it was showing with the way the hard lines on his face made their appearances.

My heart went out to him. Within seconds, he turned himself away from me as if he was embarrassed. I could see the light tint of pink dusk coating his cheeks and I realized that I had been staring at him for too long, bringing him discomfort. That's when I saw him discreetly combing his hair with his fingers. I'll admit that even his shriveled look didn't disappoint me. In fact, quite on the contrary, he pulled it off effortlessly. However the stress lines on his face made me feel bad because something was clearly bothering him which was obviously taking a toll on him.

What is wrong with me?! I am thinking as if I know him personally! I thought with panic surging through my veins. With a contrast to that point, another thought struck me. It's a human feeling. Doesn't need to mean anything... okay? Okay.

"Are you really spacing out, VVJ?" Shivaay whispered harshly, tugging on my arm.

I jolted from my reverie and glared at him haughtily. "What?"

"What's going on? You seem quiet," he noticed, a dubious look crossing in his eyes.

"Oh, nothing. Just wondering about all this work, you know. And trying to figure out why they are not discussing - whatever it is that they're discussing - with us," I replied nonchalantly and shrugged while pointing to both Ms. Maxwell and Skye Williams who continued with their exchange.

His head reared back, trying to gauge whether I was lying or not. When he was satisfied with his keen observation, he finally spoke up. "We are waiting for the others to join us."

"Others?" I echoed, astonishment lacing my voice. I thought the directors and heads wouldn't be joining us. Guess, I was wrong.

"Yeah. You seriously didn't think that it would be just us, right? I mean, come on. Also, didn't I tell you already that a lot of members are taken up for on-field work?" Totally not the upper management then and I didn't listen because I was completely absorbed in my thoughts, I wanted to add. "Then we all discuss and go through our plan here. Just to stay thorough, you know."

"Oh." Realization hit me and I slumped back in my seat. "Makes sense."

"Also, the reason why Ms. Kutcher came to call us in the cafeteria was because we weren't at our desks like the others," he said, answering my unasked, curious question.

"Gotcha."

Within a few minutes, people started filing in and took their seats around the room. Taking that as a signal, Ms. Maxwell and Skye wrapped up their conversation.

Skye shrugged on his coat and stepped off from the podium. I quickly masked my disappointment when I saw him leaving. His eyes met mine briefly and I could feel my heart thudding at an unhealthy rate. His lips quirked up into a gentle smile, forming crinkles around his eyes.

By the time he passed me, my hands were profusely sweating and I quickly rubbed them on my trousers. A shy smile formed on my lips and I covertly touched my chin to my chest. I really found his smiles adorable and the moment we just shared, no matter how miniscule, was really cute.

"You do know that I just noticed that, right?" Shivaay suddenly spoke, breaking the spell.

I whipped my head in his direction with wide eyes. "I... don't know what you're talking about," I tried to cover up my tracks by sidestepping it. The overused and worst trick to avoid something or make the questions stop.

"Puh-lease. I am smarter than I look," he retorted dryly and gave me a wry smile. "Guess you guys weren't so subtle about it."

"Shut up," I whispered, looking around but everyone was busy with themselves. "It was just an acknowledgement smile." I quickly glanced over at Ms. Maxwell as a precaution and was relieved to know that she was busy going through something in her iPad, her features taut and serious.

"Sure, try telling yourself that. Besides, I'll believe it but then you weren't so decent about it. Seems like someone's got the hots for the CEO," he teased with an amusing smirk.

"Oh, hush it!" I scowled but he seemed to enjoy every second of it. Seeing that he wouldn't relent, I went with the softer approach. I schooled my features into a pleading one. "Please don't tell this to anyone."

"If by anyone, you mean my anime population, who doesn't even care in the first place, then I am sorry they already know it." When he saw the clueless look on my face, he sighed and rolled his eyes. "I don't really have friends here except for you. I mean Chelsea and Keith bother talking to me because of you." I wanted to tell him that it's not true but he continued with his speech. "So yeah, your secret's safe with me, VVJ," he assured me with a firm nod and I chuckled. He even went as far as to wrapping something imaginary and putting it in his breast pocket. Patting it once, he bowed his head theatrically. "My liege."

"Jeez, you're so full of dramatics."

Shrugging his one shoulder, he looked ahead as Ms. Maxwell called out for everyone's attention. "Bugs me though. Why didn't he acknowledge us with his smile? Why would he just send an "acknowledgement smile" to our VVJ here," he mumbled under his breath but I knew that he clearly wanted me to hear it.

My mouth hung open and I could feel my cheeks burning. "You-"

"All right, everybody!" Ms. Maxwell's voice boomed around, demanding immediate silence.

That was how it went on for hours. Ms. Maxwell talked and explained everything in the beginning and then later on began ordering us to brainstorm for the campaign. We were told to work together so as to not make any future blunders and try to come up with a strong front to make everything go efficiently.

After hours of discussing, arguing, Ms. Maxwell throwing her fiery questions and agreeing onto something, we were asked to leave for the day.

I closed my eyes and exhaled a long breath. I was weary, all right. All I wanted right now was to have a long shower, cuddle with my soft, comfy duvet and a cup of hot coffee. Opening my eyes, I glanced at my wristwatch. It was almost time to leave.

I traversed my eyes around to see that a few people had already left while a few of them were loitering around. Ms. Maxwell had retreated as well, giving us the leeway to do whatever we wanted which was either to stay or leave.

Shivaay yawned from beside me and stretched out his arms and legs while cracking his knuckles. "Guess I am ready to pass out," he murmured, slowly dragging his heavy lidded eyes to mine before rubbing them.

"Bingo."

We both got up from our chairs and headed out the door. As we were walking, I realized that I couldn't hold it in anymore before my bladder would give up on me.

Turning to Shivaay, I passed him an apologetic smile. "I need to use the restroom. You go ahead. I don't wanna keep you waiting because you already look worn out."

"Sure thing. Bye, VVJ." He looked too tired to argue with me and so he nodded his head while I took a detour toward the restrooms just round the corner from where we were walking.

The inside of the restroom was spotless but I wasn't surprised, considering everyone must have almost left. Quickly finishing my business, I walked out. I made my way toward the elevators just in time as it was already climbing down so I hastily pressed the button before it could move further down.

The doors hissed open and I rushed inside without paying any attention around me, thinking nobody was in there anyway. "Thank God, I made it on time or else I don't know how long I'd have to wait here," I mumbled to myself, sighing in content.

Just then, I felt a presence behind me. Before I could even blink, my heart automatically started thumping inside my chest. I thought no one was in here?!

I cautiously turned around and gasped loudly with my hand on my chest, hoping for my heart to slow down. For a second, I'd thought that maybe I was being paranoid and that no one would be there. The reason why looking at Skye's amused face brought out that unexpected reaction.

Just like before, his eyes were crinkling from the corners and he was trying his best to hold in his laughter. "You can laugh, you know," I told him dryly and apparently that did it for him because he burst out into fits of laughter. "I didn't think anyone was in here," I said, trying to notch down my embarrassment. I could feel my face getting hot and he smirked at my possible reaction.

"Yeah, I got that bit." He leaned back against a wall, crossing his legs at his ankles and folding his arms across his chest.

Even at the end of a long day, he still managed to look good. His suit jacket was in his arms, making his lean muscles more prominent. Up close from here, I could clearly see his deep set eyes, long and thin nose, his upper lip thinner than his lower one and his sharp jawline.

"The part where you were mumbling to yourself," he went on teasing me, amusement clearly written on his face.

"Yeah, yeah, go ahead. Jab me all you want. I don't mind at all," I retorted sarcastically but even I couldn't conceal my smile.

That's when I realized that I hadn't pressed the button to the parking lot. Looking over, I saw that it was already lit and I frowned in confusion. I turned to Skye who was already looking at me intently. I ignored his stare by avoiding looking at him.

Putting aside all my over heightened, zigzagged "feelings" for him, I asked him, "Your car's parked at the same parking lot as us?"

He shrugged, still looking at me weirdly. "Like I said previously, it makes me feel normal."

The top management employees have a seperate parking lot for them unlike us. It just gives them more privacy and shows their position however, Skye Williams here wants a little normalcy in his life. Something he could have a control over and that fact right there made me admire him even more. I remembered his exact words about wanting normalcy from yesterday in the brasserie.

The door slid open and we made our way to the dimly lit lot. To keep my thoughts occupied, I listened to our shoes loudly clanking against the silent pavement ground. He stopped abruptly and turned to me fully. "I can drop you off... that is if you want," he suddenly said but I could see the hesitance in his features. It was as if it was too weird to ask such a question to an employee.

Coincidentally, we were standing in front of my Honda. "Um, actually I have my car. Thanks for the offer though," I said, declining his offer with a heavy heart yet as politely as I could.

"Oh." I swear I could have seen disappointment on his face but I didn't pay much heed to it because it wasn't there for more than a second.

I noticed that the parking lot was empty except for a few cars around but most of them had left as it was way past the working hours.

It was quiet between us and I felt pretty awkward because we didn't know what to talk about. I couldn't really ask him anything random because our relationship was strictly professional.

I was about to bid him goodbye when we heard the tires squealing from my left. The car seemed to be good twenty or something feet away from us, speeding to where we were standing. I raised an eyebrow because only a dimwit would do that as my car was parked right behind me.

Unless the driver had the intention of dying, they would have to quickly swerve to their right before crashing into my car, damaging it and then possibly getting into an accident.

"Valerie!" I heard Skye's voice above the squealing of the tires. I felt an arm snake around my waist, pulling me to him when I didn't make any move to get aside.

My face squished into his hard and firm chest with my hands automatically flying to his waist. My heart lodged into my throat and I could feel my blood rushing to my head. Not because of the fear of getting hit but because of being this close to the guy I've been attracted to lately.

I lifted my head to look up at him with wide eyes and a conspiratorial smile. He had almost walked us both toward the elevator. Not understanding the reason for my smile, he frowned, a dark look marring his face. But, most of all, there was worry etched on his features and those gray eyes seemed to pull me in a trance. "Why are you smiling?"

"Because-" I was abruptly cut off by the car whooping ahead. Strangely, it didn't hit my car at all.

Although before it passed us, I turned the upper half of my body to look behind as Skye still had his arm circled around me. My jaw slackened when the window rolled down and Shivaay's head peeped out with a knowing smirk.

"Bye, VVJ!" He showed me thumbs up and revved off without another word.

Skye's arm tightened around me and a chuckle bubbled out of my lips before I could stop it. "Who's he?" He demanded angrily. I flinched at his harsh tone and my eyes widened a bit while his blazed with a calm fury. "He could have hit you. Heck, it could have even got you killed." This time, his tone was much softer.

"Actually, he's my friend - Shivaay. And no, he wouldn't have because he was just messing around," I answered him, my expression sobering up a bit.

He didn't make any attempt to put some distance between us nor did I. I was shocked by my own behavior and how much I was loving our close proximity. "And what makes you say that? This obviously wasn't just messing around." He scowled.

I honestly couldn't tell why he was being so angry. Taking his arm off my body, I smiled at him slightly. "That car, right there...?" I slowly trailed off, pointing to my car.

Slowly understanding crossed his face and he looked completely ashen. It was as if he had noticed my car just now.

"So he wouldn't crash right into it, now would he?" With that, I started laughing. I walked a few steps toward my car and leaned against it, my laughs now coming out in chuckles which then turned into a huge grin.

He shyly came and stood in front of me, a smile blossoming on his face as well. His eyes roamed all over my face before resting on my... smiling lips?

Am I imagining things?!

Just as I was dwelling on that small fact, he spoke up. "I seriously had no idea. Like I literally didn't know about it. I am so sorry, I didn't mean to catch you off guard. I just thought..."

"No, no, it's okay," I assured him, still grinning like a Cheshire cat. It was cute! I wanted to add but he was already feeling awkward about it as it is.

Stuffing his hands in his pockets, he looked at me again with the same intense look he had given to me in the elevator. My smile slipped and I bit the insides of my cheeks.

With my heart still hammering, I mustered up the courage to utter something. "Okay... I better get going." I laughed nervously. "It's late already. Goodnight... Mr. Williams."

"Oh... yeah... right." He seemed to be stumbling on his words as well and I swear it was the most adorable sight ever. "Goodnight, Ms. Jones."

As he said 'Ms. Jones', his previous shout echoed in my mind. I sat behind the wheel and finally let the smile creep up on my face. My heart was still beating fast but I didn't mind it either.

He'd called me "Valerie"! And that too on the work premises! Aackk! I thought, chortling alone in the confines of my car as I sped toward my apartment.

And somehow, that wasn't even the best part. It felt so good just to be in his strong embrace while the butterflies had fluttered around in my stomach stupidly.

~♡☆~♡☆~♡☆~♡☆~♡☆~♡☆~♡☆~

Just a fact that the elevator scene had actually happened to me a few years ago and gosh, was it funny lmao. Instead of mumbling to myself, I was reading a poem aloud because I had a test that day hahaha.

Please do vote, comment and share!!! 🥰💖

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 33.9K 36
23 year old Brianna has worked for Burke Industries for 2 years. In that course of time, she unknowingly does things that have the potential to destr...
294K 7.2K 19
Zachary Knight, CEO of more than half the companies in Switzerland finally wants to find a personal assistant after years of working alone. When he f...
318K 10.6K 30
Loretta Green(Lori for short) is beautiful and smart and fresh out of college. She isn't proud of choices she's made in the past, but is looking forw...
1.9M 59.1K 50
Needs to be heavily edited lmao Now, I'm alone with the beast . He stares into my soul causing me to gulp. "You're going to do something for me." He...