Lexi (Discontinued)

נכתב על ידי ZaynismRules

Alexis 'Lexi' Morgan is not your usual teenager. She was on top of the food chain. Was being the keyword, bec... עוד

Introduction
1: Lexi
2: The Invitation
3: My Hero
4: She's My Sister
5: Dress to Impress
7: Time-Chaser
8: No or Yes Catfight?
9: We're Unbreakable
10: Better Be Absent Than Tardy
11: A Night To Remember
12: Girl's Night Out and Sleep Over
13: A Brit Invasion
14: Miami Fantasy Break
15: You Should Go

6: Flashbacks

16 2 0
נכתב על ידי ZaynismRules

Lexi

[Chapter 6: Flashbacks]

"Ms. Morgan! See you in detention." Mrs. Devine snarled.

"Huh?" I suddenly woke up in my nap and raised my head.

She glared at me, "Don't let me repeat myself again."

I was never her target and Calculus was one of my best assets, but what would you expect from me? I am still dead tired after last night's party.

I tried my best to open my eyes again as my calculus teacher continued her discussion of computing limits. "Let f and g be two real or complex functions.  Suppose that there exist the limits... " I frowned thinking that I will stay for an hour while doing absolutely nothing - just to serve detention.

Mrs. Devine is the stereotypical model of a 'terror teacher'. She walks with her head held high and her glare meant real deal. For some reasons, I love Calculus and I like how she discipline us but, hey, - I got special reasons. Though I can't tell her that, she would probably give me a week's detention.

I felt a tap on my right arm, "Are you okay?"

Grace might have sensed my very weary state. "I didn't have enough sleep last night, I'm just exhausted."

My friend nodded and carried on with her note taking. Not being in my right state, I just gathered my attention on what Mrs. Devine is wearing not bothering to listen to her discussion.

She had her white bob hair combed in a decent way; the shirt beneath her unbuttoned blazer was smoothly ironed matching her cream knee-length pencil skirt. Her eyebrows were perfectly plucked whe-

"That's all for today, but please be reminded that we'll be having an exam next meeting." Mrs. Devine interrupted. The class stood up and walked out the door, heading to our next class which is English with Mrs. Guffrey.

Better. Mrs. Guffrey was a lot more considerate than Mrs. Devine, I bet it's because of their age differences. I was much keen on the thought of going to next period.

Grace and I fixed our things and strode out the room side by side. "Lexi, what happened to you last night?"

Hugging my books I responded, "Last night was the 30th anniversary of the company my dad works for and we went for the celebration. That's it."

We were pacing the hallway when Grace abruptly stopped, "A party, tell me about it! Let's walk to the restroom first" I nodded and smiled, "Alright,"

Marching down the hall for the comfort room I babbled about the other night. "Okay so, yesterday was-"

FLASHBACK (Narration)

Well, last night was really a blast.

My father is the Chief Marketing Director in the company he works in and that company happens to host a ground breaking party every decade.

I've met his boss, and he was very friendly and approachable!

I've also met some known people in which I was so amazed.

Other than that, I met people from different part of the world! They happen to work in the marketing department, under the supervision of my father.

The dinner party was one of a kind. Their menu lineup was incredible; food presentation as well as servers looked so great. Long gown are everywhere and the setting was one hell of an experience for me. It's outdoor which permits you to savor the night's breeze.

It was quite different from the school parties that are held at Jake's since this night is more of a formal one, fine dining around you, and rich people conversing in their best poise.

Expensive scents everywhere that lets you know you're with high end class.

Despite that, everyone there was approachable and you can speak with them comfortably.

I was able to get to know some high ranking officials of the company. Such as their Human Resource SVP that gave me the opportunity to work for them in the near future.

My dad, as you can see, has been hanging out with them a lot that gave me that opportunity.

Thanks dad!

We were in front of the mirror of the rest room as I ended my gibbering "It was really grand and I met a lot of people, new friends, you know." I thought for a while and added, "I actually met this guy, he is,.. I don't know mysterious."

"Let's hear it out." Grace smirked as she combed her hair using her fingers. I didn't intend to hide this to my friend. Actually, I wanted to tell her about it earlier but she was too busy since first class with some presentations assigned to her.

I eagerly nodded, "Sure, Well, I first saw him near a mini bar but we haven't met or talked that time yet." I grabbed my pressed powder from my bag then continued my long narration, "Then on one part of the evening I went for the washroom and this same guy appeared out of nowhere..."

FLASHBACK (Continuation of the Event)

"Yeah, it is." I uttered.

He stepped closer beside me and mirrored my gesture leaning on the horizontal metal tube.

We stared in the sky together for a sec, then I felt the awkward silence..

"I'm Alexis by the way." I raised my hand from my side and looked at him. "Jackson" He offered his right hand to shake mine. "Nice to meet you." I added with a smile.

His warmth radiated to me, it was comforting. As he released his hand, I suddenly felt cold. He looked back at the stars again, "Well, why are you here? Not enjoying the night?" Jackson asked ignoring my statement earlier.

"It's not that, I just need to go for the washroom and loosen up. And you?" I was still looking at his tanned face and gave him completely my attention. He was leaning on the silver railings and gaze far away from the sea, he kept his quietness.

An awkward silence embraced us and not being able to endure it, I spoke again "My dad works for Tres Records and he's in the marketing department. So, does one of your parents work for them as well?"

He turned to look at me and raised his eyebrow, "Uh, yeah, my dad." And finished it with a half-smile.

Jackson was looking straight into my eyes, and I can't think of something steady until he suddenly faces the deep ocean.

He remained still while we gaze far away the lovely scenery. His silence slash mysteriousness extended far more than I can handle, It was as if he is not a little bit interested in having a talk that's why I had the idea, "Oh, want to go to the front deck and get something to drink? I know something great." He thought for a second. "Don't worry, you'll like it." I cracked then released a chuckle trying to be friendly towards the person.

He half-smiled and exhaled a huff of air he was holding, "Alright." Nodding and turning around to watch me as I started walking.

I went to saunter first towards the front deck, and I can hear his slow even footsteps behind me - following. Why is he so thrifty with words? And why is he so distant? In any case, I've taken the shower and sprayed my favorite Burberry Brit before heading to the venue. However, his footsteps quickened and I saw his physique from my peripheral view beside me. Yeah, that's more like it. I might have blushed, thanks to the hazy colored lights though, no one would ever notice it.

The mini bar from the deck came to view,

Where are those three?!

They were gone from the place I left them.

I scanned the place in search of my friends,

Where are they? I frowned on the idea of not having them nearby with someone so handsome yet so shy in having a talk with me.

Have I been gone to the restroom that long?

Not minding the heavy awkward tension I'm feeling, I broke the silence "Let's just sit opposite the mini bar."

There were no words but he nodded in response.

The bartender saw me as I sat in front of the bar. "Ma lady, your friends just wandered around the cruiser and wanted you to wait here."

There, okay they haven't been abducted - how comforting! Note the sarcasm, honey.

Did they just ditched me?! Anyways I got company too, "Oh alright, uh, could you get us two mud sodas please?" I catched a glimpse of Jackson on my left when he raised his index finger, "No, I'll have blueberry lemonade."

I faced him and gave him a coy look.

"What?" He retorted.

"Nothing just, blueberry and lemonade I can't imagine it together."

"It tastes good, try it sometimes. I'm not into chocolate drinks, sorry." Jackson muttered and sat next to me placing his hands on the table. "I see, but I'm not into blueberries.." But he just nodded and stayed quiet for the nth time tonight. It didn't take long for our drinks to be served which was in my advantage for a less awkward moment with this guy.

"Here you go." The bartender finally placed my chocolaty drink opposite me and the crystal lavender filled glass to Jackson.

That was the beverage he was having the last time inside the dining hall mini bar. I see.

"Hey, how does it taste?" I was curious why he had it twice tonight.

"It's my favorite. You can order it to know how it tastes." He didn't bother to look at me, "But I said, I don't like blueberries." I half whispered and faced my drink as he sipped from his glass and turned to the bartender, "It's a good blend!" and gave him a smile, "Thanks sire!" the bartender looked at both of us.

I was in an embarrassment moment so I looked solely in my glass of chocolate drink.

"So what does your father do by the way?" He finally opened a topic for the first time.

I faced him and smiled, "My father's in marketing department. How about your parents?"

"I see. That's cool." He disregarded my question again, so I pass sipping from my glass and continued,

"Um, so how do you find the party?" I tried so hard to have a good conversation.

He finally faced me and looked directly to my eyes.

Oh my god, I cannot handle his blue eyes looking at me that way. His stare will make you melt, so I looked away and waited for his response,

"It's pretty cool." He answered then turned to see the party behind us, I can clearly see his face from my peripheral vision..

"Uh-I see." I hope he doesn't notice I'm stuttering.

"Pina colada please" Someone I don't know called out for the bartender and sat beside me.

I looked at Jackson and he looked very mysterious not minding to say another word to me.

I was about to recover myself but he looked down to get his hand phone and checked his message so I went back to my drink.

"Hey, I gotta go." He stood up, placed his phone back to his right pocket swiftly and gave me his last look.

I stood up as well and about to gesture another handshake, "Uh, nice to meet you.." but he smiled and started to walk away from the bar leaving my hanging handshake.

"He might just be really in a hurry right now, lady." The stranger beside me broke my embarrassment. I sat back and wondered why he's so.. Unfriendly. And so cold. "Uh, yeah. Of course." I half turned to the man but he stood and went for the dining hall. "See you around." I nodded and went back to my soda. Well, you shouldn't do that during first meetings aren't you? I took another sip and glanced at his blueberry lemonade. Wow he actually finished his drink in a little time. I wonder how does it taste..

"Lexii!" Someone familiar called out my name from afar.

I looked back and saw Emery and Jake walking towards me.

"Hey! Where've you guys been? I just went for the restroom and you're gone!"

Emery laughed and sat in Jackson's seat and Jake stood between us.

"We just thought you're kind of taking so long, so we didn't wait for you anymore."

Jake answered for Emery.

"Thank you so much!" I told them with sarcasm.

"Lex, you're with someone?" As Emery studied the empty glass beside mine.

"Um, yeah, I met someone while I was looking up the stars before I got back to you guys a while ago.."

"I knew it. You took so long a while ago!" Jake is still making fun of me.

"So, where is she now?" Emery asked, not paying attention to Jake.

"Well, HE said that he gotta go just before you guys came."

"Ohh. I see, that's so sad we weren't able to know him." Emery had her disappointed expression.

"He's actually not friendly. So it's alright not to know him, Ems!" I comforted her.

"What's his name?" Jake asked while he grabbed my drink and sip from it without my consent.

"Jackson."

"There you are ladies, come in because there will be another announcement by Mr. Tres in five minutes." My mom came from behind.

"Oh mom, alright. We'll be going in now." I said as I stood up

"By the way mom, this is Jake Wilder.." Emery introduced Jake to my mom.

My mom seemed confused but finally, "Oh, yes! Mr. Mason Wilder's son. Nice to meet you!" and offered to shake his hand.

Jake grabbed my mom's small hand and shook it.

"Alright guys, let's go in now." I interrupted and signaled my hand towards the dinner hall.

"Oh right, you children go in first I have to go to the restroom." My mom instructed us.

As we were walking to the hall, I saw Jackson from the left side of the deck conversing with some man. I was waiting for him to look my way while we're walking towards the hall so we can address each other but he was seriously speaking with the man.. "Ouch!" I nearly shouted as I bumped into a stranger from the hall. I looked up and saw some guy I haven't been introduced to so I just bowed my head and, "Sorry, I didn't mean to bump into you, Sir"

He taped my shoulders and said, "It's okay young lady, you can go in now, Mr. Tres is about to start." I nodded and we continued our way to our seats.

"What was that Alice? You were busy looking at someone... tsk. Pay more attention where you're walking." Jake started to tease me. I was about to defend myself but he continued, "See ya later ladies." Jake tapped our backs and headed left to his parents' table.

We were approaching our seats that I noted dad was not around, "Where's dad?" I asked nobody in particular. Emery sat on the chair we previously occupied and said with a shrug, "Don't ask me, we were together."

The emcee interjected, "Ladies and gentlemen, please be seated and a grand announcement will be publicized in a while." The folks gathered to their respective place as my mom made it through from the restroom.

"Mom, where's dad?" I eagerly asked again. She settled down on the seat alongside me and whispered. "He's out talking business sweetie. He'll be here in a minute." Oh, he is always busy, he even works at home. I smiled to my mom and looked affront the stage for the big announcement by Tres Records' CEO.

I flick through the splendid hall and saw Julia near the backstage, she was conversing with someone but I didn't get to see because the curtains are covering my view. My own reality was broken up by the same host ringing his glass with a fork.

"For the past 20 years of working for Tres, the new successor was never made known to anyone but now at the rarest occasion may I present to you our CEO and President Mr. James Tres to introduce the next heir of Tres Records." He self-confidently narrated.

Who might be this lucky young one to inherit a very well-known company and a handful of possessions? As Mr. Tres takes the limelight, my dad appeared and took a seat beside mom muttering something with 'late' on it. While Anna smiled with a short nod, maybe reassuring that Vince was not that 'late'.

Mr. Tres straightened his suit then cleared his throat, "Thank you for that great of an introduction George." He inhaled and continued, "So, it has been..." A waiter served each of us a glass - a champagne flute, as a matter of fact. A minute later, he came back with a bottle of Goût de Diamants, Taste of Diamonds in his right hand.

Pouring full on the glasses for us, I returned my attention to Mr. Tres, "I would like you to meet my daughter, Julia Tres" He gestured for Julia to enter the stage. Everyone applauded as she swayed her way.

Julia showed her toothy smile and stood by her father who continued his speech, "and the next heir of Tres Records may I present to you, my only son," I fixed my gaze to the silhouette form at the opposite end of the platform, the person, walked to the light making us see his features clearer. And Mr. Tres continued, "Jackson Tres."

"Jackson?!" I squealed not believing that the 'Jackson' I spoke to a while ago was THE 'Jackson' Tres. The people around us turned their heads in my direction with the irritated look plastered on their faces.

"Lexi." My dad scolded glaring at me while Emery nudged me. I bowed down feeling the embarrassment I just had - red as a tomato. I heard Julia chuckled softly and James uttered, "Let's have a toast then. For Jackson!"

As I snatched my glass, I looked at Jackson and he turned to my direction instantly. He gave me a warm look and did his half-smile for the second time. I can't help this embarrassment; I kept on putting myself in so much shame tonight.

I drank the sweet liquid until emptied. I'm done with all those humiliation, I thought.

Mr. Jackson Tres didn't bother to deliver any speech for tonight so everyone started to congratulate him as he find his way down the stage. Everyone he meets asked for a hand shake and even popular icons gave him their best smile.

I can't believe I was just with the heir of Tres Records. In fact, I was totally gone crazy with his eyes just a moment ago.

"Lexi, what was that a while ago?" My dad looked at me still disappointed.

"Dad, sorry. I didn't expect Mr. Jackson Tres, I just had some time with him when I was in the front deck." I explained myself so as to cover up my shame.

"Alright, I'll let that pass for now." He tapped my head and continued, "You can go outside, They are starting to serve desserts by now."

Emery and I feeling so excited by dad's words, "Let's go Lex!"

I stood up, grabbed my silver clutch, grabbed Emery's arm and we headed for the sweet treats at the front deck.

As we walk outside, "Lex, don't tell me you spoke with Jackson Tres a while ago at the bar?"

"Yes Emery! I did! I didn't know he was 'that' Jackson!" I turned back to see if he was still in the room and continued, "I didn't expect it, I just saw him outside speaking with some man before we entered the hall a while ago.."

"That explains why you bumped with the gentleman..."

Before Emery continued her rightful observation, Jake catches up behind us. "Ladies, why didn't you invite me going out?" as he put his arms on our backs being a gentleman mostly suited for tonight.

"Apologies! Let's go grab some of their desserts, Jake" I told him as we now arrived at the front deck with a substantial people enjoying the breeze.

One server approached us and offered some salted caramel choco pots in an anchor hocking andrea regalia soho glass with a chocolate pretzel rod on top to finish the delightful dish. Three of us had each and I took a tea-scoop of my dessert - it was sweet and salty - delicious.

I was in the middle of my own reverie when Julia found us, "Hey guys, Lexi that was great you did out there!" She teased and pinched my left arm.

I rolled my eyes taking the last scoop of my choco pot. Emery giggled while Jake burst into laughter.

"Guys! Nothing wrong to be surprised right?" I said making my eyes wider that they might roll off their sockets.

"We're just kidding Lex!" Emery explained in between giggles.

"Okay just stop it. It's not funny, well, Jules where's your brother?" I asked curiously with my left brows raised. Real talk. That Jackson was absolutely a swoon-worthy guy, he is like - every girls' type but he is one hell of a kind - he has his own world, I predicted.

"Why? Uh, I guess he's with my dad." Of course, everyone wants to meet this successor.

"Oh, right."

We were standing on the cruise's front bow silver railings. Emery and Jake were in their little bubble. I checked my phone for the time, it was nearing midnight. My goodness! I got school tomorrow! Julia spoke-

"Okay class, Pardon me for being unpunctual." Mrs. Guffrey said as she entered the room. Grace and I already sat on our seats, beside the windows - as usual. They settled down and got their books lying on the desks.

She opened a folder and continued, "This coming two weeks will be allotted to the research project which will be done by pairs." The room was filled with mumbles of who will pair with who.

"Lexi!" Grace wiggled her eyebrows. I chuckled and nodded, "Of course!"

Then we chorused, "Partners!"

"Excuse me, please lessen the noise, I got the pairs all decided. Now please listen with the list of pairings and later I wanted you to start brainstorming about the project." She stood up and wrote something on the board.

It says 'Poetry-making'

"This semester I want you guys to make your own poetry and present it in class in one weeks' time. Will that do, or you need more time to prepare?"

We all cried together

'more time',

'urghhh',

'a month',

'pickles!' - wait. what?!

Mrs. Guffrey nodded, "Alright, I'll give you two weeks then, but not a month. Now, listen listen I'll announce the pairings."

I inwardly frowned, please be Grace or Jake. My hands went a little sweaty when Mrs. Guffrey started pairing up random people!

"Kara Valhen and Shiela Hudson. Monic Rogers and Darren Evans. Jake Wilder and Katherine Powell..." Okay, one man down, please be Grace! I thinned my lips, or Zach. Please be Grace or Zach!

"...Dior Wilson and Grace Hastings..." OMG. This is the part where the world ends. Put Dior and Grace together then 'this means war'. What an unfortunate event. Seriously!

I heard Grace took a deep breath, "Patience is a virtue." She muttered. I faced her and gave her a sympathetic look.

I was totally loosing hope as Mrs. Guffrey added the last 10 names which include mine.

"Nicole Collins and Robert Ross. Shelby Moore and Alexis Morgan..."

I'm Hopeless.

I released a long breath that I didn't notice I held. "... Elaine Mitchell and Kurt Lewis. Zach Richards and Tristan Barnes. And lastly, Chelsea Nguyen and L-" I was processing everything I've heard, and Mrs. Guffrey's voice echoed in my head, Shelby Moore and Alexis Morgan...

That moment - I was left wide eyed. What?! I can't stand Shelby! This is another World War, if Grace and Dior shotguns WWIII then Shelby and I will gladly settle for WWIV.

"Go to your respective partners and discuss your project. By the end of class I want every pair to pass a paper with the names and a title for the poem. Please be reminded to control the noise down a little bit."

We are the Imperfect two. I send a quick glance to Shelby's direction; her expression was everything but collected and happy.

"Mrs. Guffrey!" Moore interrupted raising her hand.

"Yes, Ms. Moore?" she asked lifting her head from her set of documents.

"Can we exchange partners? Zach and Tristan will not make it if they're combined together right?"

"Well, I decided the pairings and that's the point. If Zach and Tristan wanted to pass my subject then they better get working now."

Shelby got speechless and just nodded. This will be a very long and tiring rollercoaster ride. Grace was long gone on her seat to Dior's side. They were composed so far. I gently stood up and sauntered to Shelby's seat and sat on Zach's chair.

I cleared my throat, "Hey,"

"I got a title, and let's just meet sometime this week to finish everything in one go." She wrote on a memo paper and handed it to me.

It read 'Shelby Moore and Alexis Morgan -Time Chaser'

"A poem about chasing time? It looks interesting." I smiled at her.

"I know and you can think a lot to relate to it." She grinned. Wait 'you'? I am a one man pair? I furrowed my brows in confusion.

"Me? It's 'we', Shelby."

"I got to think the title and you do it. But don't worry I'll be there cheering you out!" The bell rang indicating lunch. She instantly stood and left the room leaving me flabbergasted.

Who the hell she thinks she is. Leaving me on air! I scoffed, "Bitchy" "Woah, Lexi, watch your mouth!" Grace startled me as she appeared by my side standing with her bag hung on her shoulders, ready to leave.

"Sorry Grace, I'll just get my things, wait up." I shuffled to my bag and went to the cafeteria with Grace.

We were walking down the busy corridors when I remembered how unlucky this day is for me. Grace was silent as she read her notes from English class, maybe for the poetry-making project she has with Dior.

I still have detention later, all my positivity vanished at this thought but I felt my phone vibrated from my skinny jeans pocket which interrupted my train of thoughts.

I reached for it and opened the message.

To: Alexis

From: Shane

12:07nn

Friend! Want to hang out after class? I'll pick you up!

I pressed reply and typed, 'I can't . Detention. tomorrow?'

Grace and I reached the full-packed cafeteria and Lucas with some of his buddies was already seated on our table, near Zach's. I sighed and bee-lined to the long line to get lunch food.

As I look for a proper dish to pick my phone vibrated once more:

To: Alexis

From: Shane

12:10 nn

No worries. I'll pick you up after detention. Call or message me what time it ends. See you!"

I responded to his message at once letting him know to pick me up at the parking lot around 6pm.

Did I just wish I was paired with Zach?

Geez, I sure am desperate to make it up to him. Urgh. But wait, why can't I get Zach as a partner anyway?!

Because your life is not like any movies where everything is up cloud nine, it's not a book where love stories are real and sweet, my mind scolded me.

Urgh, now I'm talking to myself! Am I crazy? Or nearly crazy? Help!

¨¨¨

A/N: Jackson Tres! Isn't he lovely? J Who wants one Jackson? I do! Haha hope this chapter makes sense haha... Please please pretty please Comment and Like! ;)

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

103K 42 9
You know the old saying 'Fake it Til You Make It'? Well my best friend Caitlyn took that a little too seriously. She came up with a crazy scheme to h...
85.2K 3.1K 26
"Ashton, I know I'm not the usual type of pretty cheerleader you usually hang out with. I'm not sexy, I'm not attractive, and I'm absolutely no fun...
308K 9.1K 61
"I wouldn't mind watching you. Maybe we could tan together this summer." He suggested. "Without having tan lines." I could feel the smirk playing on...
586 65 29
©LisethGT "We can never seem to stop getting into this position, can we?" Dylan smirked. "That's because you keep chasing after me," I grunted. ...