undercover || taegyu (hiatus)

Par JiminHitachiin

"You expect me to work with him?!" --------- Beomgyu and Taehyun are the best undercover agents in their indi... Plus

o p e r a t i o n z e r o
o p e r a t i o n o n e
o p e r a t i o n t w o
o p e r a t i o n t h r e e
o p e r a t i o n f o u r
o p e r a t i o n f i v e
o p e r a t i o n s i x
o p e r a t i o n e i g h t
o p e r a t i o n n i n e
o p e r a t i o n t e n
o p e r a t i o n e l e v e n
o p e r a t i o n t w e l v e
o p e r a t i o n t h i r t e e n
o p e r a t i o n f o u r t e e n
o p e r a t i o n f i f t e e n
~hiatus~

o p e r a t i o n s e v e n

919 74 21
Par JiminHitachiin

"Choi! Get your ass out of there and let's go on this fucking walk. I would like to be back before dark!" The blonde yelled from across the house, rolling his eyes when he received no response. "I swear to God! Choi Beomg-"

"I'm coming, holy shit!"

"What the fuck is taking you so long?"

A groan came from down the hall and a frustrated Beomgyu appeared, his fists clenching at his sides, nails digging into his palms as he tried to control his temper. "As hard as it is to believe, I'm not a doll to order around for your amusement, Kang."

"But, what were you doing?"

"Why does it matter?"

"I-"

"Exactly! So drop it," the elder snapped, grabbing his jacket and pulling it over his simple t-shirt. "Now let's get going because you wOuLd LiKe tO get bAcK before DarK." Taehyun growled in response to the mocking, his mood only darkening when the fleeting expression of a smirk crossed Beomgyu's expression. Storming over to the door, his footsteps sending waves of his anger through the floorboards and off the walls, Taehyun scowled and threw the door open, immediately replacing his expression with one of indifference with a drop of joy. He turned towards his partner and motioned him out the door, Beomgyu rolling his eyes seemingly playfully to anyone else who wasn't them. Together, after locking the door of their small but cozy house with a satisfying click, the two turned, arm in arm, and walked off the porch.

The sun above them began its downward journey to the horizon, two-thirds of the way to its resting point. Its light shone out across the world, giving it a golden glow and the thin clouds that floated above them shone in the shimmering light.

 A slight breeze danced around them, ruffling their jackets and nipping at their skin before playfully wandering off past them, providing a slight chill in the spring-like air, contrasting with the blanket of warmth draped across them from the sun. It really was a beautiful day and the whole neighborhood seemed to be stopped in a calmingly quaint point of time, perfectly quiet and beautifully sound.

The pair's light footfalls joined the chorus of the birds that flitted around them and added another sound to contribute to the fallen silence between them. It wasn't a necessarily uncomfortable silence but it wasn't relaxing either. Taehyun shot a glare at their interlocked arms than to the boy beside him, his frustration from before refusing to dissipate.

"Careful," Bepmgyu murmured, never turning his head but the smirk on his lips clear enough to the younger. "Keep looking at me like that, and we may get compromised."

"Couples have fights all the time."

"Yeah, but they don't walk with arms interlocked while they do so." Taehyun rolled his eyes before forcing a more cheerful glint into his eyes, restraining himself from turning and socking the annoyingly attractive boy beside him in the jaw. A more deafening silence fell upon them and he could feel Beomgyu twitch his fingers, his unhindered hand tapping out a rhythm against his leg as to compensate for the uncomfortable situation. After enough time had passed, the boy huffed.

"Okay," he murmured, his eyes darting around to make sure no one was around. Luckily for them, they couldn't see anyone on the sidewalks at all, which was reassuring. "Getting the lay of the land will be hard. We already passed the houses that Namjoon-ssi and Yoongi Hyung warned us about so now we are in uncharted territory."

Taehyun nodded in agreement, slowly drawing himself out of the cloud of annoyance that had settled across his mind. "We need to somehow figure out who lives where and we also need to locate those few couples that Namjoon hyung mentioned. We also need to learn schedules and such from our closest neighbors and work outwards."

Beomgyu groaned and began to drag his feet. "This is going to be so hard."

"It's literally our job."

"Yeah, but I still hate this. This process can literally take a whole month sometimes."

Taehyun scoffed and shook his head. "Once again, it is literally our job. This is the largest portion of what we do, how do you not like this part-"

"Listen, Kang," Beomgyu interrupted, "I don't need a lecture from you, I am fully aware of what this job calls for."

"You're whining."

"Yeah, I am. It's a normal human function, you should try it sometime."

"I mean I whined when I figured out I would have to be with you." As soon as the words left his mouth and the older smirked and quirked an eyebrow, Taehyun knew he let the statement slip just a little too quickly.

"Oh? And what kind of whining did-"

"Okay! Moving on!" The ebony-haired boy chuckled, a deep rumble that came from the depths of his chest, and the younger found himself dwelling in the sound, feeling it resonate around in his mind. He enjoyed that sound, the noise bringing him back to his high school days. The months of getting along and laughing before... Well, he wouldn't think of it too much but he still allowed a small smile to climb to his lips, even with the teasing a few moments before.

The two continued to walk, stuck in the stillness of the neighborhood as the sun inched slowly across the sky. "No one is out," Beomgyu murmured, his eyes narrowing slightly.

"Yeah... you'd think more people would be since it's nice weather and later in the day."

"I guess everyone is busy..."

"Well, no dip Sherlock." It was Beomgyu's turn to scoff, rolling his eyes but not retorting. Taehyun grinned, returning his victorious gaze to the soft, worn browns of the pavement below.

"I'm tired, can we go back now?"

"No."

"Come on, we aren't going to figure out anything if no one is coming out of their houses."

"Oh my fucking g- goodness, you're hilarious," he suddenly giggled, shoving the older slightly. Beomgyu's eyes widened before immediately catching the memo and grinning along with him.

"I'm serious!" He chuckled, his face flushing slightly at the light noises escaping the blond's mouth. "He really said that!"

Taehyun grinned and returned his gaze to the reason for their quick change: the approaching couple that walked their same path. The two continued to make light conversation as they observed the quickly nearing people, eyes flashing to each other every once in a while to hide their interest. Walking towards the two agents came a man and woman, seemingly in their late 60s, hand in hand. They wore stoic expressions but anyone could tell they were comfortable in the other's presence. Taehyun immediately identified their faces as those of the Choi's from the small PowerPoint Namjoon had provided.

They were taller, The woman's hair tied back into a grey to brown bun, her eyes tired with a pair of glasses resting upon her nose. She wore a simple white shirt with black, comfortable pants that hung to her ankles over white tennis shoes, and her shoulders were draped in a light red cardigan. The man was nearly bald, the only hair on his head revolving around and above his ears. He wore a similar pair of glasses along with a simple dark green t-shirt with something that looked like joggers for older people and black shoes. The pair hobbled towards Beomgyu and Taehyun, both of them seeming too old to be just in their 60s but faces refusing to show anything older than that.

"They seem so tired," Beomgyu whispered, a hint of sorrow gracing his voice. Taehyun just nodded before throwing on a bright smile and waving slightly at the two. He walked up to them, his fellow agent trying to draw him back to tell him something but the blond pulled on ahead without listening.

"Hi!" The younger of the two called cheerfully, smiling at the older couple. "I'm Taehyun, and this is Beomgyu," he introduced waving towards the ebony-haired boy behind him who smiled and waved, almost seeming apologetic. He would have to talk to him about that later. "We just moved into the house down the street and were hoping to get to know the neighborhood! What are your names, if you don't mind me asking?"

The lady sighed, closing her eyes as if to gather herself before responding. "I'm Mrs. Choi, this is Mr. Choi."

"Oh!" The youngest responded, slightly surprised at the short reply. "Well, it's nice to meet you!"

"Yes... well, we must be off-"

"Wait-" Taehyun began but suddenly his hand was grabbed and held tightly, his eyes being drawn to a bowing Beomgyu who was facing the older couple. His "boyfriend" rose with a small, but shy smile on his lips, cocking his head to the side gently.

"It's very nice to meet you, Mrs. and Mr. Choi. I'm sorry to bother you, and I hope you have a wonderful rest of the evening. If you ever need anything, please let us know and we would happily do so."

The blond watched in utter shock as the women's eyes softened and she nodded, a small smile taking to her lips. "Thank you, young man," Mr. Choi added, before gently pulling his wife along. Beomgyu smiled and nodded before dragging Taehyun along their walk. After they were enough steps away, the younger of the two turned towards the black-haired in shock.

"What the fuck was that?"

"What the fuck was what?"

Taehyun threw his hands into the air, on accidentally bringing Beomgyu's with him before he shook the older's off with a growl. "They were all bitchy to me but then with you, they became, like, new people?"

"Oh," Beomgyu murmured, laughing and placing a hand on his neck, combing his fingers through the hairs that were rooted there. "I... I mean they obviously didn't want to engage in a conversation so I just backed off."

"What do you mean obviously?"

"I- they were clearly annoyed! Her expression screamed 'I swear if you talk to me I'll kick your ass.' you'd think since you wear that look all the time you would be able to notice it!"

"Why you-" Taehyun snarled, raising his hand to slap the older's shoulder. Beomgyu yelped and sprinted off, his laughter flitting back to the blond's ears, awakening the butterflies from within. "Yah! Get back here!" He called, chasing after his fellow agent.

"Catch me if you can, hot stuff!" Beomgyu twisted and yelled back, his hair cascading into his eyes. Taehyun felt himself flush and he picked up his pace, trying his best to tackle the other boy to the floor to silence his giggles. Must be the heat.

When he had finally caught the older, Beomgyu was huffing, his gasps mixing with his never-ending laughter. Catapulting himself onto the black-haired boy, Taehyun tackled him onto the grass of one of their many neighbors' lawns and straddle his waist immediately tickling and shaking the boy underneath him, his mind hell-bent on pay-back.

"This is for tickling me yesterday! And this is for basically all of today you annoying fucking bear!" He murmured, at each example giving Beomgyu a rather rough bout of tickling. The older screamed and yelled, his smile wide as he begged the blond to stop. Tears began to fall from his eyes as he gasped for air, his howls dimming to short puffs. When Taehyun was just about to stop, a new voice rose above their quiet ruckus.

"Hey now, what do we have here?"

"I don't know, but I'm finding it rather entertaining."

Taehyun's eyes widened and Beomgyu felt a deep flush rise his neck, climbing towards the tips of his ears as both boys slowly turned their eyes towards the second pair they had come upon this day. These two looked as if they were actually around their age, a clear gap separating them, both of their hands in their pockets as they looked down at the two agents, amusement dancing in their dark eyes.

"Uh-" The blond spluttered, glancing back down at their rather complicated position before scrambling off a flustered Beomgyu and helping the older up, dragging his hand down to their sides as the older's shoulder collided gently into his.

"We- we were just-" His desperate attempt of reasoning was interrupted by the chuckles of the two boys in front of them. Taking a closer look, he realized that he had somehow seen these two before.

"Don't worry about explaining," the darker-haired boy giggled, shaking his head. "We know you two were just playing."

"Yeah, we heard your yells from the other side of the bend," the blond one added, a smile on his face as he pointed to a bend in the sidewalk that dove into a random street of the neighborhood. Beomgyu smiled shyly before shaking his head and disentangling his fingers from Taehyun's to reach out and shake theirs.

"Sorry about that," he murmured, smiling, "My boyfriend can get pretty riled u- HEY!" He yelled, glaring playfully at Taehyun who had slapped the back of his head, sending him a dirty look. The two boys in front of them broke out into another fit of laughter before taking turns to clasp Beomgyu's hand then reaching out and taking Taehyun's.

"No it's rather entertaining, don't apologize. I know how it can be," the black-haired boy added. The agents' interests peaked and they quickly reconnected their hands.

"Oh? Do you have a boyfriend or girlfriend?"

"Yeah, a boyfriend. His name is Felix, he's a complete and utter idiot and I adore him. My name is Changbin by the way," The black-haired boy answered, a small blush coloring his cheeks. Taking a closer look at him, and giving him a once over, the two boys realized he was more on the skater-boy, emo side but he still was the peak of fashion. He wore ripped black jeans with a slightly oversized white band shirt on top, the sleeves reaching to his elbows. He wore a checkered black and white collared shirt tied around his waist and his head was topped with a black beanie, black and white vans adorning his feet below.

"Nice to meet you," Taehyun chuckled before turning to the long-haired blond beside him. "And you are?"

"Oh! I'm Hyunjin," he said, "I live with Bin here to pay rent." This one was definitely more on the elegant side. Even for a walk, he was dressed more nicely than most would. He wore a black undershirt with a checkered soft brown, black, and white flannel tucked into black jeans with vans. A silver necklace was laying against his pale skin, with matching silver earrings adorning his ears.

"Oh, well it's nice to meet you as well."

"Yeah," the fellow blond chuckled. "Well we would love to keep talking but Changbin and I need to meet our boyfriends and we were going to take a quick walk around before."

"Okay, well we won't hold you back," Beomgyu chuckled, nodding to them and getting ready to keep walking. "But, I'm assuming you live here?"

"Yeah we live a few houses that way," Changbin said, pointing down the street that they had come from. "Number 4419."

"What about you two?"

"We live a few blocks that way." Taehyun pointed behind them, "I think it's number 5053."

"Cool! We should visit sometime! Maybe you guys can even meet our boyfriends Felix and Seungmin? The blond- Hyunjin said excitedly, jumping up and down. Beomgyu and Taehyun grinned and nodded happily, agreeing before wishing them fun on their dates and continuing on, waving back in a quick goodbye.

"...Well, they seemed nice."

"They were, indeed."

"Maybe we can get some actual friends out of this!"

"Beomgyu, since when do we ever keep in contact with the people we meet on missions."

"Wait do you not?"

"You do?!"

Beomgyu shrugged and nodded. "I have a few friends from a few missions I've kept in contact with."

"Do they know who you are? What you do?" Taehyun asked, horror striking his gaze.

"No, I'm not an idiot!" The older one snapped, "They think I work for the government, which isn't a lie, and that's it." The younger boy walked, silent for a minute.

"That sounds stupid."

"Kang, I swear to-!"

"Did those two seem familiar to you?" Taehyun interrupted, tapping his chin as he thought.

"What do you mean?"

"I feel like I've seen their faces before, you know?"

"...uh I guess? I don't know... either way, we can ask them if we see them again."

"Yeah...okay."

With that, the two turned and began to walk back to their home in surprisingly comfortable silence, sending a wave to Hyunjin and Changbin who they passed on their way back to their own place, the sun touching the distant horizon, sending it's red and oranges hues dancing across the darkening sky.

----------------------------------------

hiiii

I wanted to say thank you for 700 reads uwu that's amazing you guys are so incredible and so supportive so thank you <3

I hope you enjoyed it~

(sorry it's kinda long lol)

also, I would've updated sooner but with this whole thing with Got7 I was having like mental breakdowns lol but I'm happy they are free~

...I also may have or may not have dove into the Kiribaku world of My Hero Academia and had to climb my way out lmao *frantically hides the three one-shots I wrote laughing awkwardly*

a h e m anyways lol... yeah enjoy~~~

-jh-

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

36.1K 1.3K 18
19 year old beomgyu gets forced to marry a cold heartless millionaire ceo of a company just for the sake of his parents bankrupting company. He has a...
12K 578 22
ꜰɪɴ. ── 𝘺𝘦𝘰𝘯𝘣𝘪𝘯 𝘴𝘤𝘩𝘰𝘰𝘭 𝘢𝘶 where yeonjun is a big fuck boy and soobin's childhood friend. He plays every girl he sees. but somehow, soo...
5.6K 551 28
"I really didn't expect you to be this type of a doctor. I'm really disappointed" I said looking straight into his eyes. Even saying that I could hea...
4.5K 204 18
Everything was fine, we were done practicing, and having fun until... you got hurt. I couldn't bare this happening again. I was there Hyung, I stayed...