Bridge Of Legacy

By WinterMelody_98

BOOK 1 in 'Bridge Series' Crystal always considered herself to be unique, because it wasn't everyday that a h... More

Author's Note
FEATURED AND RANKINGS
CHARACTERS
Prologue
Chapter-1
Chapter-2
Chapter-3
Chapter-4
Chapter-5 (Part 1)
Chapter - 6
Author's Note
Chapter - 7
Chapter 8
Chapter-9
Chapter 10
Chapter - 11
Chapter - 12
Chapter - 13 (Part 1)
Chapter - 13 (Part 2)
Chapter - 13 (Part 3)
Chapter - 14
Chapter - 15
Chapter - 16
Chapter - 17
Chapter - 18
Chapter - 19
Chapter - 20
Chapter - 21
Chapter - 22
Chapter - 23
Chapter - 24
Chapter - 25
Chapter - 26
Chapter - 27
Chapter - 28
Chapter - 29
Chapter - 30
Chapter - 31
Chapter - 32
Chapter - 33
Chapter - 34
Chapter - 35
Chapter - 36
Chapter - 37
Chapter - 38
Chapter - 39
Chapter 40
Bridge Of Secrecy

Chapter - 5(Part 2)

2.2K 99 26
By WinterMelody_98

Crystal's POV

I saw Melanie tending to some flower pots on her porch. Hearing my footsteps she looked up at me with a smile which soon turned into a look of concern upon seeing my expression.

She ushered me inside, and made me sit on the couch. I was numb from all the sadness. Melanie sat beside me with a saddened look and asked:

"What happened?"

I broke into a fit of cries hearing the question, unable to control my emotions. Melanie hugged me and patted my back, whispering that everything will be alright, which I couldn't believe easily.

After I got a bit control over my emotions,I decided to approach the matter at hand; because it was now or never.

"I need to tell you something." I started.

"Take your time dearie." Melanie soothed me.

"It's alright, I need to speak before I break down again." I said.

I narrated everything that happened between me and Xavier from word to word, and Melanie was patient enough to listen attentively.

"So is there any other way?" I asked, ending my speech.

Melanie looked sadly at me. I anticipated her answer before she could say it, I could see it in her eyes. But I still hoped she would say something else.

"Sorry Crystal but that's the only option left." Melanie said, confirming my fears.

I slowly nodded at her, registering everything. I can't tell anyone if I leave the pack because they would ask for answers which I can't give them.

"Melanie you have to help me leave the pack." I said in a determined tone.

"What?" Melanie asked in shock.

"Yes. I can't let anyone know that I am leaving the pack. I won't be able to answer them." I said as I explained my point.

"Not even your parents?" Melanie asked.

I shook my head in denial. " I can't tell them the truth. They would hate Xavier if they came to know about this. And I don't want that. Pack members hating their Alpha is not good. And imagine my sister and friends knowing about it. The core system of the pack would break. For the pack to work efficiently and be strong it needs to love and respect their Alpha, no matter what."

She gave me a small smile and said " You speak like a true Luna. You would have made an amazing one."

"I wish Xavier thought the same." I gave a sad smile.

"So, when can I leave." I asked, coming back to the topic.

"Are you sure you don't want to tell your parents." Melanie asked uncertainly. I looked at her with the same uncertainty, I don't want my parents to get hurt or hate Xavier for rejecting me. No matter what He was their Alpha.

"Think about it carefully before deciding upon anything." Melanie said.

I looked at my hands thinking hard. I couldn't come up with anything else that would be a best fit. I looked up at Melanie with determination.

"I wish to not tell anyone and leave, it's for the best." I stated.

Melanie sighed a little before saying "Fine, if you have decided. I can arrange for you to stay with Gabrielle - my husband's sister. She is a warlock too but is leading a very normal life in the city. She owns a bakery shop, she would be delighted to have you over."

"I don't want to bother anyone." I said.

"Shush, you're not bothering anyone. She would be more than delighted. I had earlier talked with her - inquiring about your situation to see if she knew something more. It was her idea to let you stay with her if the need occurred." Melanie explained.

I nodded at her absentmindedly thinking that people who don't even know me are willing to take care of me but the one meant to do so is just hurting me more.

"I want to leave the soonest." I said to her.

"We could leave tomorrow at dawn, the patrol is a bit weak that time, as the patrol shifts change so no one would notice us leaving." She answered.

I nodded at her, thinking of the possible way of leaving the house. I thanked her and left promising her to meet her at the borders at dawn. I made my way home thinking about a plan to leave the house unnoticed.

I reached home to find Mama cooking my favorite casserole. It broke my heart even more because what I was going to do will leave my family and friends shattered, they might even hate me.

I excused myself from dinner, because I won't be able to take a single bite without crying. Mama seemed a bit reluctant but didn't push me. I went upstairs to my room and locked my door. I pulled out a small duffel bag and started to pack a few of my clothes and essentials.

I was done with my packing, when I decided to leave a letter for my parents :

Dear Mama and Papa,

By the time you find this letter, I would be long gone. I know it was very cruel of me to leave like this but I had too. All these years of being the odd one out was taking a toll on me and I couldn't handle it anymore. Don't feel bad, I am very much blessed and happy to be able to find loving parents like you. I am thankful to the Moon Goddess for blessing me with a family and friends who love me.

Tell Gemma I love her and will miss her a lot. Tell Carla and Jake that wherever I am they will always be my best friends. Thank Alpha Xander for accepting me into the pack, and giving me the opportunity to be a part of a loving family.

I just have a last wish - please do not try to find me. I have left at my own will, and maybe someday in the future I will come back. Just remember you all will always be there in my heart and I love you all and will miss you.

Don't push yourselves to think it was your fault because it wasn't. It was my own decision and I hope you all will respect it. I will always be your daughter no matter where I live. Please don't hate me.

Your loving daughter
Crystal

I ended the letter on the verge of tears. Folding it neatly I placed it on the table, and moved towards the window.

Our house was a one-storey building so I could easily jump out of the window. I thanked Gemma for training me secretly on some jumps and defense moves. Being a human I wasn't allowed to train with the pack, so Gemma used to train me secretly in the forest until we had to stop because her Eta training started. The memories once again brought tears, but I pushed them aside. I have to be strong if I wanted this to work.

I sat beside the window reminiscing all the old memories until the vibration from my phone disturbed me, I pulled it out of my jeans to find Melanie had sent a text saying she is waiting at the borders. I checked the time to find it was already 3:45 in the morning.

I picked up my duffel bag, and looked around the room for the last time, this was my home for so many years and now I have to leave it forever. Pushing back the sadness, I took a deep breath and readied myself for the jump.

I leaned outside the window and placed my left leg onto the barrister then proceeded to place my right leg too. Now I stood on the barrister holding onto the window sill. Taking a deep breath I let go of my hold landing on my feet. With one final look at the house I scurried towards the forest to leave.

I found Melanie waiting for me in her SUV, which I didn't even know she owned. I climbed into the passenger seat and gave her a small smile, to which she returned a smile of her own.

"We need to wait for a few more minutes until we can leave." She said. I nodded at her as we sat in silence.

"What if Xavier changes his mind and asks for you?" Melanie asked, breaking the silence.

I shook my head at her saying "He won't. He made it very clear that he hates me to even care."

"Am I too selfish to leave just because I couldn't handle a simple pain." I asked

"No. You're not selfish. The pain is nothing simple, it has the ability to kill you." Melanie said.

"Seeing you hurting continuously would have hurt your loved ones more than your leaving." She continued.

"Maybe someday you could meet them and tell them all about it."

"Yeah, maybe someday." I whispered.

Seeing the coast clear, Melanie revived the engine and we crossed the pack borders. I felt a small twitch in my heart making me feel that I had lost something, but I knew this was for the good. It was supposed to happen sooner or later. I just wished it happened later and in different circumstances not like this where I had to leave like an intruder.

I am now free from all the pain, not only the recent ones but past ones too. I never thought I had to leave the pack in this manner, but this is it. This is the end of my life with the pack. Maybe the end of my life with my loved ones too. This is the end of my life with Xavier, the only person that I ever liked in my life.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't forget to vote and comment

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

78.1K 2.3K 23
Not your typical rejection story. You know the stories of the broken abused girl, who gets rejected by her mate only to run away become badass and th...
354K 11.8K 32
[Rejection Series Book 3] "You may be the princess, but you're weak and worthless. I reject you as my mate." My heart shattered and then everything w...
1.9M 82.7K 55
Scars... Some are worn on the outside and read like a book, others are hidden on the inside, unseen but shape every fabric of our being. Alpha Chris...
560K 26.3K 36
Just when Claire and Nate think the greatest danger has passed, an ancient evil threatens to destroy their bond, their pack, and the future of all we...