Moon Lovers ✓

By nari_elle

"Ouchh!" I winced in pain, struggling to get back on my feet. Squatting beside me, he stared at me in a ridic... More

🌙1| Throwback
🌙2|Memories Ahead
🌙3|Mysteries
🌙4|Reminders
🌙5|Rumours
🌙6| Moments
🌙7| Gists
🌙8| Gaming
🌙9| Leftovers
🌙10|Decisions
🌙11|Propositions
🌙12| Swift escape
🌙14|Accusations
🌙15| Drama
🌙16|Murder
🌙17| Revelations
🌙18|Slides
🌙19|Chaos
🌙20|Dilemna
🌙21|Prophecy
🌙22| Restrictions
🌙23|Surprises
🌙24|Frustrations
🌙25| Identity
🌙26|Flashbacks
🌙27| It continues
🌙28|Distinctions
🌙29| Death perks
🌙30| Pain
🌙31|More problems
🌙32| Reflections
🌙33| Stakes
🌙34| Temptations
🌙35| Drafts
🌙36| Reverse
🌙37| Torment
🌙38|Judgement
🌙39| Ends meet
Trailer: Blood Moon (Moon Series #2)

🌙13|Problems

44 9 0
By nari_elle

Walking along the hallway, I could feel everyone's gaze on me. These gazes weren't just gazes but creepy ones. I looked away and walked to the locker room. Just as I made my way to the locker room, I could still hear murmurs with my name blended in. "Do you think she's involved?"

"Could she be the one?" Hearing this, I turned to the two girls who exchanged that conversation. They quickly sealed their lips and started walking out on me. Puzzled, I turned to my locker and began packing my needed books into my bag. My phone buzzed again. But when I tried ti open it, it went off.

  "Gosh. I forgot to even charge it." Sighing, I dropped it in my bag and marched towards my class. My arms were borrowed right when I got back to the hallway. With a sudden pull, Tricia dragged me towards a wall.

  "Did you see the message I sent you?" I shook my head and took out my turned off phone. "Not really. I only know that another girl is dead." She let out a heavy sigh and stared right at me worriedly. "Have a look then," she rescinded passing her phone to me.

As I looked down on her phone, I saw an article of another dead girl's case  But as I lowered my eyes, I found something written on the dead body. With a sharp tool, I could see a carving over her forehead. My full name was actually carved on a dead body's forehead.

"What t-the?" I screamed shaking while holding the picture. My name had been carved on the body all over her body but I know nothing about her death. I don't even know who she is. I have nothing to do with her!

"Clara, do you know anything about this? You're the only one with that full name in Beverly," Jess questioned while folding her lips. My fingers slipped and dropped her phone on the floor. She sighed and got down to pick up her phone. Fortunately, it was still working.

"Clara? Can you hear me?" I lifted my head puzzled with a look of petrify in my eyes. I couldn't talk much, and in fact I couldn't. No wonder everyone was looking at me with creepy eyes ever since I got here. Who was trying to pin her death on me?

As we spoke, Nathan located me amongst the crowd and started ti hurriedly approach me with his bag behind him. Everyone in the hallway was still looking at me even as I stood with her.

 "I can't take this anymore! You know what, I need to breathe. Later," I debated. Before she could utter a word, I turned my back on her and rushed outside. My feet stumble as I met Adrian at the end of the hallway. Folding my lips, I looked away and lowered my head to brush past him. He turned to my direction watching me sadly after I brushed past him. Turning to the suspicious looks following me, he moved to the locker room.

As Nathan marched towards me, his friends caught up and hung their arms around him. He lifted their arms and turned to them curiously. "Don't tell me you're going to look for her? She's a suspect of murder!" Bryan nodded too and retorted, "She's not worth it. I mean she left you for a whole year without any contact." He rolled his eyes and grabbed Bryan by his collar, fuming with anger.

  "Nathan! Hold it there! Calm down," one of his, Bryan said trying to take his hands off Patrick. He yanked his hand off and returned a furious stare before walking out on them. As he adjusted his collar from his harsh grip, he shook his head watching him run after me. Following me outside, I stopped at the garden in front of the school. I could hear consistent footsteps so I had to stop and find out who it was.

Holding my breath, I turned around while a cold wind brushed over my body. With my hair floating in the air, my eyes started to waver looking into my eyes.

   "I-It's you?" He nodded but furrowed his eyebrows noticing my tone. It was obvious I was expecting someone else in his place. With a sigh, I lowered my eyes and looked away.

"I know it wasn't you. I believe you're not that kind of person. You should also believe in yourself.  But why was your name on a corpse? Is someone trying to frame you?" Shaking my head in desperation, I run my fingers through my hair while looking forward.

"I have no idea. This isn't the first time something weird happened too." Nathan's eyes widened in surprise when I said this. Sealing my lips, I dropped my hands beside me. "What do you mean? Did something else happen?"

  I realized I had said too much. I didn't wanna drive him into this mess which I couldn't escape myself. He might probably not believe me since I find this situation unbelievable myself.

  "Is that why you've been frequenting the woods?" My eyes flickered with his question. Furrowing my eyes, I took a step closer to him. "You've been following me?" With a sigh, he run his hands over his face and nodded. "That doesn't matter now. I always saw you with someone there. Is he the one threatening you?"

  Rolling my tongue, u turned to him totally surprised. At this moment, he had the time to be asking me these questions? "How long have you been following me?" His eyes lowered before he walked closer to me.

"It doesn't matter-"

  "It does for me! Was it because I wasn't talking to you?"

He didn't respond, but I could tell from from the look in his eyes. "I have to go, don't follow me," I contemplated standing up properly. "You're hiding something from me. Aren't we friends? Can't you tell me?" Nathan protested. But I can't tell him what has been happening to me.

  "I'll pretend I didn't hear about you following me. Just don't do it again."   Sighing, he shook his head and tried to stop me, but I yanked his hand off and walked back to class.

  I walked back to class through the hall after grabbing my books. As I entered, everyone turned to me and glared at me as I walked to my seat. I pursed my lips and decided to ignore their gazes.

Grabbing my seat, I saw Adrian seated already. I sat by him looking down to the table. He dropped his pen on the table and stared at me for a moment.

"Someone wants to frame you. You should be careful around," he advised.

He had a point. I couldn't tell if the man who attacked me did this or not. But I had to find out as soon as possible and clear my name. Nodding silently, I turned away sighing.

 The principal walked in instead of our professor that morning. Whispers and gasps began to run through the class from the entrance. With a document in her hands, she walked to the front and banged the table to silence the noise.

"Miss Clara Dickson," she called out. I raised my head slowly surprised to see her. With everyone looking at me, I stood up to her call.

"Come with me," she commanded. Nodding, I rushed out quickly to avoiding all gaze from the curious students. I could still hear them murmuring even as I stepped out.  She took me along the hallway until we got to her destination. When I got to the office, she dumped a picture in front of me.

"Tell me. Do you know her?" I stared at the picture for a while before looking up to her. But I couldn't recognize her at all. I'm sure I haven't even see her in my life.

 "No." She took the picture back by dragging it over the table. After what seemed a minute, she sighed, "That is Amy Sparks. She died yesterday and  your name was carved on her body. A picture of you was also found on her body. This made the police ask questions about this school."

Widening my eyes, I shook my head with my fingers fidgeting. I positioned my hands behind my back to keep calm. "Ma'am, please I have no idea. I just heard it from my friends just now. I haven't seen her before. Regarding the picture, someone could have planted it on her."

  She nodded after looking into my eyes. Pulling forward, she retorted, "The police will investigate you nevertheless. You can go now." I bowed politely before closing the door. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath before going forward. When I got back to class, the professor was already in lecturing.

  I grabbed my seat quickly and listened attentively to his lessons to keep my mind away from everything but I guess it didn't.

When closing bell tolled, I packed my books in a haste. "Clara, wait! What did you do yesterday?" I dropped my bag angrily on the table, giving her a furious stare.

"I went to the records room to trace my identity," I confessed while putting my back on my shoulder. "That's illegal! What if you were caught?" I looked around aimlessly in cogitation.

"I didn't find anything important. But I can be sure that my mom was hiding something from me," I snapped with a small smile.

"But why did you go with him? Kate likes him. I guess that's why she's not talking to you," Jess complained before checking if she was around. Sighing, I wondered why she didn't tell me. I had to find her to clarify and solve any misunderstandings before it's too late.

Walking to get other friends to inquire about her absence, they assured me that they hadn't heard from her. I rushed to drop my books into the locker but ended up finding someone who I didn't expect.

 "I need to talk to you," Nathan proposed. I closed up my locker and turned to him with lowered eyes. I had to find Kate first.

"Can we postpone it to tomorrow?" I argued but he didn't budge.

He paused for a moment and cleared his throat.

"This might not be the best time. You asked me why I followed you. I wanted to say this a year ago, but I didn't get the chance."

Coming closer, my mind drew back a year ago to Tricia's words, "You're so dumb, the guy's into you."

  I pretty understood it and I was already devastated and confused with the recent happenings.  I was too surprised with his quick steps that I couldn't move.

He moved closer making my heart start ponding heavily. What was he going to do?  I met his gaze as he smooth his finger over my cheeks which burned. "I love you."

I stared at his lips slightly upturned looking into my eyes in hesitation. "You don't know how hard it's been to keep my eyes off you," Nathan added and suddenly pulled me closer to his chest.

His lips were all over mine, smashing and tickling every inch of my mouth. He moved his hand slowly down to my waist to pulling me much, much closer making me unable to push him away. Opening my eyes, I pushed him back.

"No. I cannot do this. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry, I have a lot of things in my mind," I alluded breaking away from the kiss.

I paused to gasp for my breath before running even after his several attempts to call me. "I hope he understands," I thought before rushing out of the hall.

All these drama made me unable to see Kate who was staring at me angrily, clapping.

"Kate? Good that I found you. We need to talk. You've been acting strangely," I commented before biting my lip.

"Talk? You're right! What is your problem? You have Max and Nathan, why go for Adrian too?"

       Comment 🌺 Vote 🌺 Share

Hope you're enjoyed this chapter. Thanks for reading. Please read the next chapters for more clarification.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.7K 133 77
"I will always find you. No matter where, no matter how far. I will. Always. Find. You." He snarled at me, so close I could feel his breath hitting m...
14.9M 517K 50
#01 in vampire [10.07.2017] #01 in fantasyfiction [14.03.2021] #2 in Prestige awards #03 in thriller [28.05.2018] #02 in romance [04.10.2018] I...
437K 13.1K 30
My life was simple and easy. A bit lonely but I liked it. It wasn't until I literally crashed into the one who would change my life forever. My world...
801K 21.2K 62
I pulled the covers off my legs and tried to stand up. My attempt of standing up failed. But I tried again. I was so dizzy I fell against the nightst...