We don't need memories? (Suna...

By ViLeviivel

; hope and continuation, a symbol for one to move forward. Despite everything that has happened, Misumi Shiny... More

Author's Note
Prologue
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
Announcement
42.
43.

28.

403 18 3
By ViLeviivel

A/N: MENTIONS OF DEATH❗️❗️❗️

THIRD PERSON POINT OF VIEW

The heavy and ragged breathings, the disturbing movements that caused the bed to slightly quake, the whimpers and cries for help was enough to wake Suna from the longest slumber he's ever had in months which was only six hours at most.

Suna's eyes flew open to see Shinyya's back turned to him, shaking tremendously. Another nightmare, he knew that and didn't waste a minute to try to wake her up.

"Hey bub!"

Beads of sweat trickled down her face. Her lip was bit harshly that caused blood to slowly seep out of a small scar her teeth created. Her fingernails dug deeper in whatever she held on, tearing apart her purple colored pillowcase.

Suna shook her harshly this time, desperate to wake her from the nightmare, but it didn't work; it only made her mutter inaudible words this time.

"Shin! Wake up!"

"Shin!"

Shinyya squirmed from Suna's hard grip, freeing herself with the help of her legs. Her hands flew towards Suna's face, pushing him to the floor as her breathing started racing faster.

Then her hands flew through her hair, gripping and pulling it until tears escaped her eyes. She balled her body, sobbing harshly while repeatedly saying the words 'Help me'.

It's worse this time. Suna furrowed his eyebrows in deep worry as he stood up and sat on the bed beside Shinyya's balled figure.

"D-d-don't touch me...!" She yelled, still stuck in her nightmare.

At this moment, Suna was slowly panicking and his mind was starting to go blank. The last resort was to make her sit up and speak comforting words at her in which Suna did, caressing her arm with his other hand resting on the back of her head, massaging her to atleast ease the pressure building up.

"Hey, bub, open your eyes." He said softly, but Shinyya continued whimpering.

The pained look on her face replaced her usual beaming expression. Her calm stature was taken over by the broken emotion written all over her. Suna's hated seeing her suffer like this and he hated that he still didn't know a thing why this often happens to her.

He shook her again, wiping the tears away. "Bub, wake up!" He slightly raised his voice in a patient manner. "RinRin's here."

He mentally smiled, finding the nickname cute.

But this is not the time for that!

"It's just a nightmare, Shin."

And despite the countless attempts, Suna managed to keep calm about situation, but deep inside he was more than panicking; afraid that what if he won't be able to wake Shinyya up.

He thought deeply, until he noticed Shinyya's breaths started calming down. He grabbed the opportunity to do another attempt.

"Shinyya! Shin, wake up!"

Finally, Shinyya's eyes shot open, making Suna sigh in relief. He instantly reached for her face, cupping both cheeks in his hands as he made her look at him.

The moment their eyes met, Suna knew Shinyya was still stuck in her own trance. Her eyes shook violently; dullness and fear scribbled all over. The middle-blocker felt her fingers uncontrollably digging and scratching on his forearms as she broke eye contact and frantically looked around.

She's having a panic attack...this is the first time. The worried brunette bit his lip as he thought of ways, but unfortunately he doesn't know a thing, nor did he expect situations like this to happen.

But he thought of one thing that he usually does to his little sister whenever she cries. "Hey! Hey," Suna pulled her to face him again, "look at me, bub."

The door slammed open, revealing a panting and worried looking Hina. "Shin— Suna-kun, is Shin alright?!" She asked, agitated and stressed.

"N-not really. She's having a panic attack."

"Oh no." Hina's eyes widened as she released her grip on the doorknob. "Call the twins snd watch over her while I'll get her medications."

Hina immediately rushed back without needing to hear Suna's reply and quickly complying, Suna left both Atsumu and Osamu a message and voice message before turning his full attention back on Shinyya, who was weeping heavily.

"Hey, hey," Suna shushed softly again, grabbing both of her hands, "follow me and let's breath together, okay? Let's count to ten."

Shinyya didn't give a verbal response, but it relieved Suna to feel her hands squeezing his as if she heard him but couldn't blurt out a word.

With their eyes locked together; Suna's sharp, greyish-yellow beads with worry stared through the violinist glassy ocean-blue ones, he lets out a deep sigh before starting.

"One," he inhaled deeply and slowly while he tried to make Shinyya imitate his action. As soon as the girl hesitatingly followed — which took her a few seconds — he calmly exhaled, his eyes not leaving hers, not even a bit second.

"Two," they did the same, this time in sync which brought a small smile on Suna's face. Shinyya exhaled, her breath quavering weakly and unsteadily.

From the doorway, Hina watched the scene unfold in front of her. Her thin lips twitching into a genuine smile as she heard Suna reach up to nine with Shinyya following calmly.

"And ten."

Exhaling slowly, Shinyya's vision started adjusting to her surroundings. The illusions she saw in her nightmare started fading away until they were slowly replaced by the sight of Suna's face.

Was it all a dream? Shinyya thought.

The first thing she saw was Suna's small yet genuine smile.

"That's my girl." He whispered softly, burying her head on his shoulder. "I'm proud of you, bub."

"R-RinRin?"

God she sounds like a kid. It's too cute. Suna mentally snickered before replying, "Yeah...I'm here. Don't worry, I'm not leaving—"

Suna was interrupted when Shinyya quickly wrapped her arms around his body in an abrupt manner, squeezing it tightly before burying her face on his chest.

"Y-you're alive..." she muttered, "you're alive, you're alive, you're alive..."

"I, uh, of course I am..." Suna unsurely replied, raising his brow skeptically. No one said anything about dying...? Why is she talking about stuff like this?

"H-how 'bout 'Tsumu and 'Samu?"

Luckily Atsumu and Osamu managed to run to Shinyya's house in time. They expected to see her a mess; with tears streaming down her face, her hair disheveled, and her hands flying everywhere while she panicked with closed eyes, but by the time the two reached Shinyya's room, they were stopped by Hina, who stood by the doorway and quieted the twins who were also close to panicking.

"No way..." Atsumu muttered, shocked, and so was Osamu.

Their eyes found Suna cradling Shinyya's trembling figure in his arms with his usual tired expression as he mumbled reassuring words in her ear.

"Did Suna manage to stop Shin-chan's panic attacks...?"

"But it was almost impossible to make her calm down, even for us 'Samu..."

"Are the twins alright, R-Rin?"

Suna nodded, caressing her soft hair to feel her arms tightening around his slim torso.

"What about Hina-san?"

"She's fine too bub. Don't worry."

How can I not worry when everything I saw in my dream was the bold sight of everyone dead? Shinyya bit her lip harshly, squeezing her eyes shut as she tried to forget such sight.

It was as if everything was real, if not, a prediction perhaps? Shinyya could only think of two possible things; it's that she was just paranoid and traumatized about everything that happened in the past that her mind made those pictures up or it was really a quick peek in the future.

Shinyya tried convincing herself to think of the former, but the emotional trauma in her convinced that it was the latter. Still, she was too exhausted at the moment to process everything. After yesterday's violin competition in which she expectedly grabbed the first place of the round, she thought she deserved atleast a peaceful 8-hour sleep.

If not everyday, then one night atleast. She pleaded those words every morning to night, but her nightmares are what stopped her from getting what she want.

Tonight's nightmare was the most traumatizing after the one that occurred years ago. The dead bodies that laid in front of her which consisted of Atsumu, Osamu, Hina, and Suna reminded her of Ari, Colt, Ryuutaka, Ishima and Emilia — her late bandmates. Her mother and father too who sat lifeless in the front seats of the car.

The same sight, same placing of bodies, and the same man, whose silhouette was only visible, stood behind the fresh corpses' pile.

The black-haired girl was about to breakdown again as she hugged Suna tighter while feeling his soft, large hands gently rubbing her back up and down, when by the corner of her eye she saw a mop of blond hair peeking out.

"'Sumu? 'Samu?" She reluctantly called out.

The twins, upon hearing their names, fully showed themselves with obvious worry on their identical faces.

"Hey princess," Atsumu greeted with a sad smile as he approached.

"Are you okay, Shin?" Osamu asked.

"You're already here?" Suna lazily diverted his attention towards the two.

"Thanks Sunarin." The grey haired twin said.

Breaking the hug, Shinyya wiped the tears away and covered her whole face with her palms. "Oh god, now I feel bad."

"What do you mean?"

"That you two had to come here in the middle of dawn just because of my stupid panic attack—"

"It's not stupid, Shinyya." Atsumu cut her off and sternly spoke, frowning. "It's something serious."

"Look, 'Tsumu—"

"Yer going to say it's nothing like what ya always do every time it occurs, aren't ya."

"But it really is nothing!"

"It is not! Just nothing, Shin! What part of dreaming about death and murder for, god who knows how many years it has been, is nothing huh?!"

"Hold on," Suna spoke, confused. The two arguing individuals turned to Suna and Osamu who were obviously listening to their conversations. "Death? Murder?"

That's when Atsumu realized what he said. He completely forgot about Suna that he almost spilled half of Shinyya's secret that she tried so hard to keep from him for some reasons.

He hurriedly clasped his hands over his mouth and shook his head innocently while at the same time feeling Shinyya and Osamu staring draggers straight through his skull.

"You heard nothing Suna." Atsumu swiftly said.

Suna squinted his eyes and furrowed his eyebrows in disappointment as he turned to the violinist.  "What are you hiding from me, Shin?" He asked, trying not to sound desperate to know. "Am I not trustworthy enough?"

He felt betrayed and upset.

"RinRin, i-it's nothing like that!" Shinyya stuttered. "I p-promise I'll tell you everything when the time is right..."

"Then when is it?"

"I..." the ravenette looked down on her palms, confused, "...don't know."

"Oi Suna." Osamu called out.

"What?" Suna replied back with annoyance.

"Let's wait in the living room. This is important for 'Tsumu and Shin to talk it out."

So important that you kept it from me. Suna scoffed bitterly before standing up and followed Osamu, not even batting an eye at Shinyya as they both exited the room.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

64.7K 2.2K 49
Talking to new people is fun even if it means ruining their lives in the process. HACKER AU/UNIVERSITY AU Multiple endings!!! Under EDITS!! WARNING...
217K 5.5K 64
Suna Rintarou X Fem! Reader "Everything must come to an end, but my ending will always be with you." Disclaimer: I don't own Haikyuu, Furudate does...
1.1M 37.3K 116
(L/N) (Y/N) moved from Hyōgo Prefecture to Tokyo. Her first year in high school just ended and she will be transferred to Itachiyama High School in h...
419K 16.1K 39
he wanted to protect her like his own baby fox, and he made sure to do it right. ~ L/n Y/n. A germaphobe that's loaded with therapies during the week...