Highschool Sweethearts (Boyxb...

By Apahlen

14 year old Christopher Carrera moved to a new town with his family to live with his grandfather after the de... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Bonus Chapter: Valentine's Day
Sequel

Chapter 29

1.1K 33 6
By Apahlen

I woke up and looked at the date on my phone. It's Brian's birthday! I jumped out of my bed and hopped into the shower. I quickly got dressed and sent Brian a happy birthday text. I waited for him response until he sent me a text back, thanking me. I smiled and put my phone in my pocket, grabbed my backpack, and went upstairs.

"Hey, Chris," Grandpa said when I entered the kitchen.

"Hi, Grandpa. Where's Dad?"

"He got called in early today, so I'm making breakfast."

"What's for breakfast?" I asked.

"Eggs and toast."

"Ugh, I'm so tired," I heard Mia whined as she Mariah Jake, and Nate walked into the kitchen.

"Well, then you shouldn't stayed up all night doing your homework at the last minute," Mariah says

"Shut up, Mariah," Mia said.

"Girls, be nice," Grandpa said.

Mia rolled her eyes and sat down at the table.

"Okay, um, kids," Grandpa said, "I have a doctor's appointment at three, so I won't be here by the time you kids get home."

"Is something wrong?" Nate asked.

"Nope, just having a checkup, that's all," Grandpa said. He sets the eggs and toast on the table. "Now eat up."

The bus stopped at the highschool and we all boarded off of it. Jane and I walked up to our group of friends.

"Hey, Chris," Seth says. "My mom wants you at our house after school."

"Um, why?" I asked.

"Well, cause it's Brian's birthday, and you two are getting kind of close."

"Okay then."

"How close and you are Brian getting?" Rachel asked as I put my backpack in my locker.

"Pretty close, I guess," I said.

"What do you mean 'you guess'. Even you are or you're aren't," Layla said.

"Well, we both agreed we should take things slow."

"How slow?" Paul asked.

"I don't know. Until he's ready."

"Well, it's a good thing you're taking things slow, cause if the both of you go quickly into your relationship, it won't end well," Danielle said.

"You got that right," Layla muttered under her breath.

The bell rang and we went to English class. School went by so quickly and the next thing I know, I was walking with Seth to Brian, who's with Gabriella and Ramona.

"So, I was thinking that Ramona and I should throw you a party at my house on Saturday," Gabriella said.

"Sure." Brian really doesn't look interested at all into their conversation.

"Oh, and here's a thing," Gabriella said. "Your brother and his friends aren't invited."

Fine, I thought. I'm spending the day with him anyway.

"And why is that?" Brian asked, crossing his arms.

"Because I don't invite losers and assholes," she said.

"Is Malcolm going to be there?" Brian asked.

"Well, yes, but--"

"I don't understand, Gabriella. You invited Malcolm--who I really hate-- at this party, and you won't invite my brother and his friends. That's so pathetic. Thanks, but I don't think I'll be there." He grabs his backpack out of his locker and throws it over his shoulder. "Bye."

"Okay, okay, okay. They can come," Gabriella said.

"Thanks." Brian smiled.

"Come on, Gabriella. Let's go," Ramona said, taking Gabriella by her arm. "Party starts at six." Ramona and Gabriella both walked away from Brian. Gabriella gives me an evil glare as she and Ramona walked by us.

"What's her problem?" I asked Seth.

"She's bitchy," Seth says.

"That's an obvious answer," I said.

We both walked up to Brian. "Hey, Seth," Brian said. "Mom said she scheduled haircut appointments for us."

"Now," Seth whined.

"Yes, come on. Let's go." Brian grabs me by the arm and the three of us walked out to his pickup truck. He started it and quickly drove off.

"Happy birthday, Brian," I said.

"Thanks, Chris," he said.

We entered Red Lake Falls and I looked out the window. I've only been here a couple of times after my grandma died, but I've never actually paid attention to this town. It's a bigger than Plummer and Oklee and the houses are really nice.

We stopped in front of a small mall and went inside. Brian opened the door to the hair salon and a woman at the front desk looked up and smiled as we walked in. "Hi, Brian and Seth," she said.

"Hi, Sherry," Brian said.

"Why don't you boys take a seat? I'll tell Victor you're here." She went in the back.

"When's the last time you got a haircut, Chris?" Brian asked.

"Since June," I said.

"I can totally see that," Seth said.

A bald headed man went up to us and smiled. "Hi, boys."

"Hi, Victor," Brian said.

"You two ready for your haircuts?" Victor asked.

"No," Seth said.

"Great! Then you'll go first, Seth," Victor said.

Seth groaned and followed Victor to the back.

Brian turned to me and smiled. "Thanks for being here, Chris."

"You're welcome." I put my hand over his and he turned his hand over, lacing our fingers together.

"I got you a present," I said.

"Really? Would I like it?"

"Probably."

"Well, what is it?"

"I can't tell you. It's a secret."

He grinned. "Oh you." He leaned over and kissed me on the cheek. "Did you watch that movie I got you?"

"The Outsiders? Yeah, I've watched it."

"No, the other one."

"Oh." I forgot he also got me Brokeback Mountain. "No, I haven't."

"Oh, well then maybe we can watch it together sometimes."

"Yeah, maybe we should."

Victor came back with Seth. "Okay, Brian. Your turn," Victor said.

Brian got up from his seat and followed Victor. As Seth took his seat, I heard Victor said, "How've you been doing Brian?"

"Pretty good, sir" I heard Brian said.

"That's good."

"What do you think of my hair?" Seth asked.

I looked at him. "He didn't cut much of it off, Seth," I said.

"Yeah, I know. I just told him to trim it a little." He runs his hand through his hair.

"Well, it looks fantastic," I said.

Seth sits back in his chair. "Thanks."

We both sat there for a minute, waiting for Brian to get done.

"I can't believe Gabriella's throwing a party for Brian," I said.

"So is Ramona," Seth reminded me.

"Yeah, well, it was probably mostly Gabriella's idea," I said.

"Geez, why do you care if she's throwing him a party?" he asked.

"I don't."

"Then why the hell did you bring it up for?"

"I don't know. Maybe I'm pissed because she's literally throwing a party for Brian for no reason."

"Yeah, that does seem weird. The only thing that really pissed me off though is that she had the audacity to call us losers and assholes."

"Why? Because she is one?"

"No, it's because she said that she doesn't invite them, even though she invited Malcolm, who's a bigger loser and asshole than we are."

I laughed. "You got that right."

Brian came back with Victor. "Okay, Brian," Victor said. "That will be forty bucks."

Brian took out his wallet and give the money to Victor. "You owe me twenty bucks, Seth."

"For what?"

"You know what for." Brian smiled. "Come on. Let's get going."

We walked outside to his pickup and got inside. Brian turned it on and groaned. "Great. I have to get gas."

"There's a gas station," Seth said.

"I'm not waiting for those two to get done," Brian said. "We'll just go to the other one."

We took a quick drive to the other gas station. The three of us got out of the pickup truck and Brian starts to pump the has. "You guys go inside and get something if you like."

Seth and I both went inside the gas station. I have trouble getting what pizza to eat until deciding to settle on Canadian bacon. I went over to the drinks And got myself a bottle of Sprite. Brian came in and went over to me. "You're getting pizza?" he asked.

"Today's lunch wasn't good, so I couldn't eat it," I said.

Brian rolled his eyes and gives me a kiss on the cheek. "I gotta go use the bathroom. Why don't you wait in the pickup with Seth?"

"Okay." I went to the counter and paid. Seth paid his too and walked out the door. Just as we stepped outside...

"Well, well, well. Look who it is."

Seth and I turned and see three boys walking over to us. Oh my god. It's those three boys from the football game.

Caden walked up to us and smiled. "Heya, Sethy boy."

"What do you guys want?" Seth snapped at them.

"Gee, that's one way to greet someone," Matthew said. "We heard you and your brother's in town, so we thought we come over."

"Who'd you heard it from? Malcolm?" Seth asked.

"No, we saw your car," Toby said.

"Toby, don't you know how to shut the fuck up!" Caden yelled at him.

"Sorry," Toby murmured.

Caden turned back to us. "So, where's your faggy brother?"

I got really angry after what he said. How dare he called Brian that.

"Quit calling my brother that," Seth said through his teeth.

"Why not? Isn't that what he is? A pathetic little faggot?" Matthew smirked.

Seth's face got really red. "You shut the fuck up about my brother!" he yelled at them. "At least my brother's not in prison!"

"What...what did you just say?" Caden asked.

"You heard me, you asshole."

Caden grabbed Seth and slams him against the building.

"Hey! Let go of him!" I went up and punched Caden in the face.

"Come here you!" Matthew grabbed me and slammed me against the building too. "Nobody hits my friend!"

"Yeah!" Toby said.

"Now, we're gonna teach you two a lesson!" Caden yelled.

"Yeah!" Toby said.

"Toby, quit saying that," Caden said.

"Yeah!" Toby said. "I mean yes."

"Hey! Leave them alone!"

I looked to see a curly brown hair girl, wearing a red t-shirt and jeans, standing by the doors.

"And what if we don't?" Toby asked.

"Do you want me to get the manager?" she asked.

"Oh, did you guys hear that? Cynthia's going to get the manager," Caden mockingly said. "Like we're so scared."

"Yeah, we're going to kick his ass and..." Matthew turns his head to me. "And what's your name, pal?"

"Christopher Carrera," I said.

All of the three boys eyes widen. "What...what is your name?" Toby asked.

"Christopher Carrera," I repeated.

Caden sets Seth down. "Let's go, guys.

Matthew put me down too and he, Caden, and Toby walked to a green Jeep and drove off.

I turned to the girl. "Thanks for trying to help," I said.

"No problem," she said.

"Cynthia, where's Brian?" Seth asked.

She look through the glass doors. "He's paying at the counter."

"Thanks."

Cynthia smiled and went back inside the gas station. Seth and I walked to the pickup truck and went inside, waiting for Brian. All I keep thinking about is that girl? Why does her name sounds familiar?

I didn't hear Brian come into the pickup until I heard him turned it on. He looks at both of our faces. "Something wrong, guys?"

"Nope," Seth said. "Everything's fine."

"Okay then." Brian put the truck on drive and drove off.

On the way to their house, I'm eating my pizza and thought about what Seth said.

'At least my brother's not in prison!'

What is that supposed to mean? Are Caden, Matthew, and Toby's brothers all in prison? If so, what for? And is that what Caden meant that time at the football game when he said that Brian got their brothers in trouble and lost their scholarships? I feel like there's a lot more that Brian's not telling me.

♥️♥️♥️

Feel free to comment if you like.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

789K 24.5K 46
(BxB) It's been a long road for Scott Toby but finally he's made it. His first official day as a high school teacher is here! Will he survive as the...
81.9K 2.8K 44
When two lovers' best friends meet for the first time... lots of feelings can rise. Attraction, confusion, lust... love? Will they be able to overcom...
150K 4.7K 24
His shocking blue eyes pierced right through my soul as his warm breath tickled the hairs on my ear. "Kiss me," he said in that seductive voice of h...
125K 225 2
After losing his parents and being abused, Thomas is learning how to enjoy his life again - something he thought was impossible for him, but then he...