Entice Me

By MelToye

Miranda is the top recruitment consultant for Entice Consultancy, working long hours to achieve great results... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two

Chapter Twenty

25 1 0
By MelToye

Ray came home early from work and carried with him an attractive bouquet of red roses. As he approached Louise he bent down on one knee. “What are you doing?” Louise asked. Mystified, then accepted the flowers and plotted around the kitchen in search of a vase.

“Louise, I am asking for your forgiveness.” Ray stood up and demanded attention from Louise. “I haven’t been myself lately and I am sorry. I have been working so much of late. I realised it wasn’t our relationship that I was dissatisfied with, but more the fear of growing old.” He dropped both of his hands over Louise’s. “Louise, I love you and I am ready to live the most amazing years of my life with you.” Louise opened her mouth to speak but Ray put his finger over her lips. “There’s more.” He continued, “I have resigned from my job.”

“Oh darling, that is wonderful,” Louise said leaping into Ray's arms.

The sudden sombre mood turned into a celebration. “Honey, I was wondering what our plans are for the rest of the day?” Ray asked with a twinkle in his eye.

“I am sure I can think of something.” Louise took his hand and led him to the bedroom. “I know an activity that won’t make you feel old,” Louise teased.

After hours of pleasure, both exhausted, they laid down to sleep. Louise fell into a dream state of lying next to Ray on the beach, immensely in love with each other. A loud noise started to make havoc. Louise searched the beach to try and find what the noise was. She soon woke up to the telephone ringing. She rolled over to the end of the bed and picked up the phone that was sitting on the bedside table. “Hello,” she mumbled.

“Are you the gorgeous woman in my bed?” A deep voice came from the phone. Louise glanced over to see Ray wasn’t in bed.

“Well it depends, because I am in nobody else’s bed but my own,” she replied.

“Sorry miss, I must have the wrong number.”

Louise giggled, “Ray what are you doing, where are you?” she asked in a light tone.

“Well my dear, this is for me to know and for you to find out.”

“Oh is that right?”

“Yes, put on some warm clothes, flat shoes and meet me at the front door in fifteen minutes. And Louise,” he paused to highlight, “do not be late.”

Louise quickly touched up her make-up and got dressed. She knew the smell of sex would arouse Ray so she did not bother with a shower and went down stairs to the front door with only a minute to spare. “So are you going to tell me what you’re planning?” Louise asked.

“Not yet. Let’s just say I have a surprise for you.”

“I love surprises.” Louise sat down next to Ray in a limousine. “You know you have already proposed,” Louise giggled.

“I want this day to be the start of our new life together,” Ray said as he popped open the champagne. “To our new lives together,” they both said in sync as they lifted their glasses of bubbly in the air.

The drive was long nevertheless the scenery was picturesque. Louise could never get sick of seeing the endless landscape. One town could be full of cows, mountains and greenery and further along reveal masses of yellow grass, with horses that played on a flat field. Each place enticed her as it portrayed its own unique scenery. Louise was always astounded how Australia was a one of a kind place. One state could be in the middle of a flood where another could experience a drought at the same time. It seemed uncanny that a different state could provide such different weather patterns.

They turned off the highway onto a narrow dirt road.Tall trees enclosed either sides of the long road. The scenery provided little comfort to Louise as the scene felt similar to a past mafia movie she had watched. They arrived to the end of the road, turned a sharp right which took them to an open green paddock. As they drove closer, Louise read a sign, ‘Hot Air Balloon Ride.’ Louise turned excitedly to Ray and gave him the tightest hug. “I am over the moon. This day really is becoming one of the best.”

As they went through the safety instructions Louise’s nerves began to set in. She was so excited yet nervous at the same time. Her dream was to fly in a hot air balloon one day and that day had arrived. Ray hopped in and put out his hand for Louise to take. He then pulled her into the box. Flames lit up inside the top of the balloon and off they went.

It did not feel rocky, more as though as if they were gliding. Obviously it was going very slow, but that made it all the more wonderful. They flew over the tops of trees and saw nature in a whole new light. Louise felt so small amongst it all. And felt a feeling of peace wash over her. She could tell Ray was thoroughly enjoying the ride as well. Louise’s nerves had diminished and she stood at the edge of the box that held them in and looked down below.

As they descended down, the wind blew through Louise’s hair. She felt safe and laughed at herself for being so nervous at the beginning. To undertake this radical adventure together made Louise feel like they could accomplish anything. Ray had one more surprise up his sleeve, dinner. The restaurant held an intimate setting and displayed tables with fancy white table cloths covered with rose petals. Candles were lit everywhere. “Ray this is beautiful, thank you.”

“Louise you are beautiful, you make the world I live in more beautiful. I am sorry for working so much of late. I could have been spending more time with you. I promise you, I will always put you first before anything else. Life is an adventure and I want to experience it with you.” He leaned over and kissed Louise tenderly. No further words were needed. Today was perfect.

#

Valentine’s Day had arrived, everywhere you looked there were love hearts dangling down from store ceilings. Grace could not help feel a little bit excited that Mr Perfect may have planned something romantic, perhaps an engagement ring? Soon she would be humming to the tune, ‘here comes the bride.’

Grace brought her thoughts back to work. After Ray left the company, Grace had considered appointing a partner, someone she could trust and who would be competent in the role. Grace asked her assistant to organise a job advertisement to be placed on their website. It would be interesting to see what level of applications would be submitted. As she slaved away at work, Grace glanced at her watch; it was after seven at night. Grace had hoped to leave at a relatively normal time today.

Grace looked at her work load and really believed she would need to be here all night just to get the day’s work completed. Grace jumped at the sound of her phone ringing and then quickly answered. “Hello lovely, I don’t want to sound like a stalker, but where are you?” Isaac asked and then added, “I miss you.”

“Oh you are so sweet; to be honest I shouted my colleagues a visit to a local strip club. Hope you don’t mind?” Grace teased.

“Oh you are a naughty girl,” Isaac laughed.

“Actually I am more boring than you think. I'm still at work and perhaps even camping here all night.”

“I love camping,” he said in a cheerful tone.

“That’s very funny.”

“Yes, I do consider myself to be quite a comedian.”

“Remind me Isaac, what is your job again?”

“To be the best housewife and chef I can be.” They both laughed in agreement.

Mr Perfect was a great chef and cleaner. He did all the cooking and cleaning which suited Grace fine.

“So cutie-pie when will I be seeing you next?”

Grace paused to look down at her ever growing paperwork. Isaac took this as opportune time to convince her to come home. There would always be work, Grace thought. Plus she wanted to focus on the greater things in life and that was spending quality time with the man she loved.

Grace arrived home to the most delicious aroma coming from the kitchen. “Good evening Miss Devine,” Isaac said as he looked down Grace’s body, clearly satisfied at what he saw.

“Hello darling,” Grace replied with a kiss to his tender lips.

“Would you like a glass of wine?” he offered.

“Would love some after the day I had.” They resembled an old married couple, comfortable with each other’s presence.

“Honey, can I ask you a question?”

“Uh oh what have I done?” Isaac rolled his eyes.

“No, I am not getting angry or anything. I was just wondering how the job hunt was going?” His face fell. Grace could tell his pride was getting a beating. He poured the wine and handed Grace her glass. He swirled his wine and gargled it down to layer his throat, before he spoke.

“I can’t find anything. Unless someone retires from a position, I am out of luck. I have handed out my resume to businesses all week. Not one has called me back.”

“Surely once they see your talent in cooking; they would hire you on the spot,” Grace said more positive. He shrugged his shoulders. “I know,” Grace said, “why don’t you open your own restaurant?” This made him laugh. “Isaac, I am being serious. You make delicious food. You could even offer catering services for corporate businesses too.”

“I guess I could but where would I get a building in the city?”

“You could start small, work from home and offer catering for events or even dinners? When your name and reputation grows so will your business. Then you could buy a proper restaurant.”

“Well my, oh my, who sent this angel from above?” Grace blushed. “That really is a great idea Grace.” They sat down to eat the delicious meal set out for them created by Chef Isaac.

During dinner Isaac excused himself and went upstairs. After a lengthy period he came back down. “Happy Valentine’s Day,” he said placing a gift in Grace’s lap.

“Oh Isaac,” Grace beamed.

“Open it,” Isaac said in anticipation.

Grace opened the beautifully wrapped gift to unravel a necklace. It was a love heart, with a red gem stone in the top corner of the heart. It was glorious. Grace showered Isaac with kisses as a thank you.

The next day Isaac began his catering business. He cooked a variety of finger food and then handed out free finger food along with his business card at Central Station in Brisbane. Talk about smart advertising. The morning was a success and by the afternoon he had received over twenty phone calls.

After work, Grace decided to take Isaac out to celebrate his first step in becoming a successful business man. As Grace walked into the kitchen she saw Isaac’s calendar, “Wow look at all these orders.”

“Yes, it seems my love, that the world does love me after all.”

“Oh Isaac, I am so proud of you.”

Grace rushed upstairs and primed for their night out. She used all her pampering products to feel beautiful. She curled her hair and draped on her new outfit that she bought just for the occasion, a blue and black corset top with a puffy short skirt. Grace looked hot; especially with her sexy blue hooker heels. She sprayed herself lightly with her favourite perfume, just enough to make Isaac hot under the collar.

Grace walked down stairs to make her grand entrance. Isaac was not in the hall way waiting patiently for her. She proceeded to the kitchen and to her surprise noticed Isaac had not even left to get ready. He was still cooking. Grace had left him an hour ago to get ready. “Hun, how do I look?” Grace said as she performed a twirl. Sometimes a girl had to seek out a complement if they weren't immediately provided.

He stirred three different pots at once when he looked over at Grace. “You look stunning. Where are you off too?”

Grace chuckled then paused. “Are you kidding? We are going out to dinner,” Grace said now a tad angry.

“Dinner, oh I am sorry Grace,” he said as he directed his attention back to the pots of food. “I cannot go out tonight; I have to get these orders finished.”

Grace felt humiliated. Mr Perfect had just dumped her on their first official date. This was not happening. Grace stormed back upstairs with Shaggy in tow and slammed the bedroom door. She even locked it for extra measure. Grace was so furious she didn't hear her mobile ring. After several rings, she finally answered. “Hey Grace, I know it's last minute but I was wondering if you were free for a girls night out tonight?” Louise asked. Grace knew this would be great pay back to Isaac. They organised to meet in the Valley in ten minutes.

Grace hung up the phone feeling like a woman who just got dumped then found an even hotter replacement. “Mr Perfect if you don’t want to go out with me tonight, I know plenty of men who will,” Grace mumbled.

Grace walked down the stairs and opened the front door, “I am going out,” Grace said in a casual tone. With no response from his behalf, Grace walked out feeling a sense of relief and freedom. Maybe the close proximity between Mr Perfect and Grace was too much too soon. Had she made a bad choice by living with him? 

Grace arrived to the Valley as fast as a speeding bullet. Louise was standing by herself at their usual meeting point. Grace paid the taxi fare and walked over. “Miranda is inside finding us a table. I am so glad you could make it at such short notice,” Louise smiled.

They walked in to find Miranda had worked her magic with the seating arrangements. They were sitting in a booth overlooking a table of hot men. Yes they all had partners in their lives but God didn't create a hunk of meat to not be drooled over.

The waiter came round with a bottle of wine. “This wine is courteously from the gentlemen sitting across from you.” The girls happily accepted. Free wine was always a bonus.

“What has everyone been up to of late?” Miranda asked.

“Well Ray has finally resigned and now we are really enjoying life. He took me to the Circus De Soleil performance the other night. It was extraordinary. We are planning an overseas trip soon too,” Louise gushed.

“I am really glad that Ray has retired, he wasn't happy at work.” Grace said.

“That is good to know. I thought he wasn't happy with me for a while. He was moping around the house. I am just glad something has made him change back to himself. We are lovers again. How are you going Miranda?” Louise asked.

“I have been declared not guilty,” Miranda said as a matter of fact.

The girls raised their glasses, “To being not guilty.” They cheered in unison.

“Who was found guilty?” Louise asked as she looked around the room to ensure nobody around them had eavesdropped and then hunched forward to listen.

“They found one of the Board of Directors with evidence. He was planning a permanent vacation to the Himalayas with all the stolen money. He tried to set-me up and put the blame on me.”

“That’s disgusting,” Louise said horrified.

“Yes and I still have to go to court to testify.”

“When is your court date?” Grace asked.

“Not sure yet,” Miranda moved on to change the subject. “What about you Grace how’s your lover boy going?” she winked.

“He’s fine,” Grace paused and questioned if she should tell them about tonight’s recent episode. “Mr Perfect has not been working since he moved in. I seriously do not mind, you know a house maid and a chef paid by pleasure is a bonus. However I stupidly suggested he open his own catering business.”

“And what did he say?” Miranda asked.

“Yes,” Grace pulled a face.

“That is great,” Louise chimed.

“Actually no, it’s not great and you’re going to laugh when I tell you why. He is now so wrapped up with work; he has no time for me.”

“Ouch,” Miranda said.

“I don’t know what to do.”

“Grace,” Miranda tried to comfort her. “You work long hours too. Think of it this way, he won’t be swayed by someone who is free to go out with him while you’re out working. He needs to do something, otherwise he will get bored. This is good for the both of you,” she reasoned.

“You’re right. I just need to let things happen, instead of trying to take control of everything.” Grace realised.

A three course meal plus alcoholic beverages in-between left them satisfied. Grace soon arrived at her front door step in search for the front key. She couldn't find it. Grace knocked on the door and heard footsteps approach. As Mr Perfect opened the door Grace saw a dainty blonde standing behind him. “Who is this tart?” Grace yelled and pointed her finger at the tart.

“Calm down,” Isaac hushed and then turned to the tart to farewell. The tart walked out quickly.

“Look here,” Grace said in her sternest voice. “This is my house. You cannot invite other women over here to sleep with you. Okay?” she scolded.

“Yes I agree,” Isaac said.

“So you admit you slept with her?” Grace asked horrified.

“No, no, Grace let me explain.”

“Don’t tell me your excuses. I am going to bed,” Grace walked up the stairs.

“Wait,” Isaac said. Grace looked around but with the alcohol catching up to her, she lost her balance and tumbled down the stairs. Grace shrieked out in pain when she landed at the bottom of the stairs with a thud. Isaac ran to her side. “Where does it hurt?” he asked concerned.

“My ankle,” Grace replied as she tried to reach out and touch her ankle.

“I will get some ice.” In a flash Isaac was back with ice and laid it over her ankle. “Grace, Monica is a client. She came over to pick up her order.”

“I didn't see her take any food,” Grace demanded.

“No that’s because you called her a tart,” he chuckled.

“Did I? I thought I was just thinking it. I’m sorry babe,” Grace said. She felt low. Then realised the real reason she was angry at him. “You know I am really hurt Isaac, tonight was our official first date and you blew it off, as if it meant nothing.”

Isaac acknowledged the full extent of the situation bent down and kissed Grace’s ankle. “I’m sorry” he said his eyes meeting Grace’s angry gaze then moved to touch her lips with his.

“I would run right now if I could,” Grace replied, as she folded her arms against her stomach.

“Oh stop whining, you love it.” She did love it.

The next day with a hangover, a sprained ankle and her brain holding limited capacity, Grace took the day off work to recover. Isaac had also been planning to organise the best date ever. Grace’s expectations were high. However before Grace got too excited she had some apologising to do. Grace arrived to a house that looked as though it had appeared in a house and design magazine. It was a modern two storey home rendered on the outside with hedges all around.

“Hello,” a woman greeted from the door.

“Monica, I live with Isaac and I am terribly sorry for my behaviour last night, I had some drinks prior and it was late. I just thought the worst.” The words rushed out.

“I understand how it could have looked bad. Isaac is a hunk, so I would be careful,” she cautioned.

What did she mean by being careful? Grace wondered. “I do hope you will continue doing business with Isaac.” Grace handed her the food order with a complimentary bottle of wine.

“Thank you,” was all Monica said as she closed the door.

After the humbling experience Grace decided to stop at her favourite store, Hacienda Flowers and Furnishings to acquire some flowers. The service was always pure class and at the same time down to earth. This was not just a flower shop, it was an experience. Grace always carried photos of her home with her and the talented florist coordinated the flowers to match.

Grace arrived home with flowers in tow to find Isaac surprisingly not in the kitchen. Actually he was nowhere to be seen. Grace checked outside. Not there. She ran upstairs. Nobody was there either. Where was he? Maybe due to the incident last night, he decided to deliver his delicious food. Not feeling too worried; Grace ran a bath, her ankle felt a tad sore from the small outing this morning. She turned on her favourite music and lighted strawberry scented candles for the sweet aroma to fill the room. She sunk down into the warm bath, closed her eyes and imagined she was floating. 

***

If you enjoyed reading this chapter, please vote it! Thank you.

Copyright 2012 by Melanie Toye  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38 0 15
Jessica Simmons lived a happy life in Los Angeles, California. That is until her younger brother died in a car accident that she had to witness. His...
20.5M 1.7K 5
[PREVIEW] In the bustling heart of London, Cara is a force to be reckoned with. A top law student, fiercely independent and driven, her eyes are set...
159K 5.8K 42
Highest Ranking #512 in Romance The song itself held so much meaning to our situation, so I committed it to memory, remembering each step and exactly...
1.5K 878 18
After a traumatic breakup, Sapphire Rose and her best friend Leona decides to go on a vacation trip to Paris to help her heal, but that's suddenly in...