In Plain Sight (Spencer Reid...

By aweshesugly

As a new additon to the BAU team, you are happy that you get along with the team just fine. But you worry eve... More

Introduction
Chapter 1 -And so it begins
Chapter 2 -First Case First
Chapter 3 -Butterflies
Chapter 4 - Feelings
Chapter 5 - Killer Cupid
Chapter 6 - Taken
Chapter 7 - Right where it hurts
Chapter 8 - Kiss Me
Chapter 9 - Cuddle Buddies
Chapter 10 - Calling the Shots
Chapter 11 - Boss of Me
Chapter 12 - Make You Mine
Chapter 13 - First Date
Chapter 14 - Possesive
Chapter 15 - Duty Calls
Chapter 16 - Family Business
Chapter 17 - Call Me
Chapter 18 - Spencer
Chapter 19 - Court is Adjourned
Chapter 20 - Prisoner
Chapter 21 - Cutting Ties
Chapter 22 - Watched
Chapter 23 - Lost and Found
Chapter 24 - Karma
Chapter 26 - Partner in Crime
Chapter 27 - My Angel
Chapter 28 - Life and Death
Chapter 29 - After Life
Chapter 30 - Miss Me?
Chapter 31 - Irresistable
Chapter 32 - Unfortunate Events
Chapter 33 - Second Chances
Chapter 34 - Birthday Boy
Chapter 35 - October Scorpios
Thank You💕/ Announcement👁👁

Chapter 25 - Betrayal

1K 27 112
By aweshesugly

You woke up the next morning, feeling a second of peace before you remembered everything that happened last night. You got out of bed and walked to your closet. You pulled out a leather skirt that hit your mid-thigh and a satin lilac button up. You wanted to look sexy today, part of you wanting Spencer to see you and think about what he gave up.

You began to change and do your makeup, opting for a simple blush and mascara. You added some mini silver hoops and put your hair in a low bun with a middle part. You finished up and walked out the door, absolutely dreading the fact that you had to pretend to be all sunshine and rainbows in front of the team.

You got to the BAU, getting there before anyone today. Well everyone except Hotch, you waved him a hello and proceeded to go to your desk. He walked out of his office and announced to you from the stairs that we had a case and let everyone know as they walked in. You nodded and waited for them to arrive.

One by one, you let them know about the case, well except for Spencer. You told Morgan to let him know what was up. That still didn't stop you from staring at him as he walked in, he caught you in the act as he turned to look at you too.

You were all waiting for Penny at the round table, staying quiet as you heard Emily talk about the date she had last night. You could feel the tension in the room as she spoke, you and Reid didnt sit next to each other like always. Morgan gladly pointed it out and made you extremely uncomfortable.

Everyone stopped talking as you heard the clacking of Garcias heels.

"Hello, my lovelies! Today we are going to Pennsylvania. Specifically, Philadelphia" she said as she pressed the button to show us 4 victims.

"Unfortunately, 4 victims have been found right outside the gates of the Radley Sanitarium. They were all found with their mouths um, sewn shut."

She proceeded to show us the graphic pictures of the victims, making you feel sick to your stomach.

"Our first victim was named Mitski Lozano, she was a patient at the sanitarium for three years and was 18" she said clearing her throat.

"Next we have Matthew Moore, he was 23 and had been there for 4 years. Then we have Jeanie Song, she was 30 and had been in there for 10 years. And lastly, we have Johny Cox. He was 12 and had been in there for two weeks" she finished, you could feel how her energy was completely drained after just describing the victims.

"They were all patients in the sanitarium then?" you asked looking at the file. "We might be looking for a mentally ill serial killer."

"Aren't they all?" said Emily with a laugh, you gave her a quick grin and continued with your theory.

"Well yeah, but what I mean is that maybe it could be one of the patients?"

"Well, it could be. But I know for sure this unsub doenst have a preference. Look at their victims. We have hispanic, white, african american, and asian." said Rossi staring at the file attentively.

"Maybe because they dont get to choose them, they go for whatever is available. Hmm, has anyone talked to the families yet?" asked Spencer, making you roll your eyes as you heard that stupid little voice of his.

"Uh, no."

"Well, guess we will have to talk to them" Hotch said as he stood up, walking towards the door.

"Wheels Up in 30."
—————————————

We got to the police station in Philadelphia, making your way in you saw a familiar face.

"Detective Chalamet!" said Hotchner walking towards him and giving him a handshake. He did the same as the last time you saw him, he shook everyones hands and stopped when he saw you omce again.

"Agent Y/L/N, its so lovely to see you" he aaid reaching his hand out to yours.

"Thank you, Detective. Lovely to see you too" you said nicely as you accepted his hand into yours, you could immediately feel someones gaze burning into you. You turned around to see Spencer watching you with a fire in his eyes. Enjoying the obvious jealousy, you decided to step it up a bit.

"Hotch, do you think I can go along with Detective Pete. I want to know where we are gonna set everything up while you got talk to the families."

"Sure" Hotch said looking down at his phone. "Uhh, Reid can stay with you guys."

"Is that really necessary?" Reid blurted out, sounding angry at Hotchs request.

"Yes, it is, do you have a problem with my order, Dr. Reid" said Hotchner while staring at Reid in the eyes. Clearly confused as to why he was acting so strangely.

"Of course not, I apologize" he responded and began to walk towards you and the detective. "Lets go, shall we?"
——————————

Detective Chalamet had cleared out the same room he had the last time you came here. Memories of that day came flooding into your mind as you read to the victims files. You had noticed that all of the patients had been known in the sanitarium for screaming their brains out constantly, you didn't know why this caught your attention, but it just stuck out to you.

You made a mental note of it and continued to read.

You were alone in the room at this point, Reid decided he was hungry and went to get some food.

You heard the door swing open, watching as Spencer walked in and put a bag of McDonald's right in front of you. You were confused at the way he went about it, no eye contact just a "here have your food" that you didn't even ask for. You appreciated the gesture anyway and opened the bag, getting excited as you spotted a 10 piece of chicken nuggets.

"Oh my god,Ive been craving these" you whispered to yourself as you opened the box and took out some fries. You heard Spencer let out a small giggle as he took a bite of his chicken sandwich.

"I think our unsub might be in the west wing of the sanitarium" said Reid in a hushed tone, maybe he was testing the waters to see if you would answer.

"What makes you think that?" you asked genuinely curious, you still had to speak to Spencer anyway. He was your co-worker after all.

"Umm, two of the victims had a room on the second floor of the west wing and the other two stayed in the fourth floor" he spoke up a bit more now, looking at you while he told his theory.

"Hmm, maybe they crossed paths at some point. Maybe they are delusional and made up a scenario with the victims that caused them to kill. But there's something thats bothering me" you said as you dunk your chicken nugget in BBQ sauce and popped it in your mouth.

"They all screamed in their sleep and out of the blue."

"Why does that matter?" he asked calmly, walking over to you. He looked at the files over your shoulder, making you feel a shiver down your spine as you felt his breath on your neck.

"Umm, I dont know I just thought about how they sew their mouths shut. Maybe because they wouldnt be quiet" you said looking down at the file, afraid that if you looked up at him you would loose all power you had when you threatened to completely disregard his presence.

"Hmm, I agree. We should at least look into that, let me call Hotch."

30 minutes had passed since Reid walked out of the room to supposedly call Hotchner, you grew impatient and decided to go look for him. You wanted to know if we had any leads.

Walking out of the room, you made a right to a hallway that ended in a blank wall. You saw a closet there, hearing something inside of it.

You grew curious at the sound and got closer to the door. You immediately realized someone was having sex in there, so being the snoop you were you listened in for a bit, feeling like a creep right after.

You began to recognize one of the persons voice, your heart dropping at the realization of who it might be.

You swung the door open and there he was, Spencer Reid getting his dick sucked by one of the female cops who was helping out of the case.

"Shit! Y/N.." he exclaimed when he saw you standing there, you felt embarrassed so you slammed the door shut and began to walk away quickly. You could hear him calling after you in the distance as you tried your best to walk fast in your heels.

You felt your stomach flip, making you throw up in one of the trash cans. No one saw you as you walked into the room and started gathering up your things, trying to get out of there as fast as possible. You knew Spencer would come looking for you.

As you were about to head out, he walked into the room. His eyes full of regret and sadness as he saw your tear stained face.

"Angel, I am so-"

You cut him off with your own speech, "No! Dont you dare angel me!"

"Okay, okay.... Y/N. Please, its not what you think" he said trying to get closer to you, you backed away instinctively. Feeling disgusted by his very presence.

"Reid, take a good look at me. Because this is the last time you will ever see me again" you started to walk out of the police station, a face of pure shock plastered on you. You never wanted to see him again, you told yourself as you hopped onto one of the black SUVs and began heading to the airport.

Yeah, it was a bitch move for you to leave, but it just.. it hurt so much. You guys broke up not even 24 hours ago.

You drove approximately 3 hours until you got to the airport and got onto the next flight to Virginia. You were thinking about what you were going to tell Hotch when he found out you had left, what was he going to tell Strauss when she found out you just dipped on a federal investigation. But you didnt really care about that right now.

You flew back to Virginia, silencing your phone as you felt it ring and ring in your back pocket. You made it home and just threw yourself on the couch.

You just wanted to be alone.
————————————

A couple of hours went by of you just crying and putting yourself back together. Everyone in the team had reached out to you, everyone except Spencer.

You decided to go out for a drive, it usually relaxed you to see all the cars go by and listen to music on the radio. You put on your big dinosaur slippers and headed towards the door, feeling uneasy as you walked up to your car.

You hopped in and adjusted your mirrors while trying to put your key in the ignition at the same time.

Thats when you felt the needle being jammed into your neck. You felt a sense of calmness at first, everything that was making you a sobbing mess just a second ago was completely gone. You felt your arms and legs become so heavy that you felt overpowered by yourself, your vision was slowly turning to black as you heard a voice talk to you in the distance.

"Shhh, everything is going to be okay."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

379K 6K 42
Your first year at the BAU has been everything you expected, it was something you enjoyed and were passionate about. Everything in your life remains...
57.2K 1.1K 50
JJ has never told anyone her secret, but after several late nights and drinks, she gets closer to a particular member of the team. But what happens w...
337K 5.2K 28
You joined the BAU team a few months ago as a temporary replacement while one of its members, Spencer Reid, was falsely incarcerated. Little did you...
19.1K 357 14
⤷ « The best thing to hold onto in life is each other. » Emily and JJ have been working together at the BAU for years. But what if, one day, Emily c...