Stonehearted | Bucky Barnes x...

By _pxntherx_

Book 1 of 3 (Book 2- The Saviour- is out) Y/N Stark is not an ordinary kid; she was orphaned. She struggled a... More

chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25 (updated)
chapter 26 (updated)
chapter 27
chapter 28
chapter 29
chapter 30
chapter 31
chapter 32
chapter 33
chapter 34
chapter 35
chapter 36
chapter 37
chapter 38
chapter 39
chapter 40
chapter 41
chapter 42
chapter 43
chapter 44
chapter 45
chapter 46
chapter 47
chapter 48
chapter 49
chapter 50
chapter 51
chapter 52
chapter 54
chapter 55
chapter 56 (edited)
chapter 57
chapter 58
chapter 59
chapter 60
chapter 61
chapter 62
chapter 63
chapter 64
chapter 65
chapter 66
chapter 67
chapter 68
chapter 69
chapter 70
chapter 71
A/N: Important
A/N: Read

chapter 53

192 6 0
By _pxntherx_

~5 Years Later~

Lets see here, to explain what happened in the 5 years that went past, I... Cried myself to sleep every night, thought about Bucky every day and my routine was eat, train, practice my Infinity Stone powers, sleep and repeat. This was worse than I ever imagined. Everyday, for 5 years, I waited for one person. Scott. As soon as I heard anything about him I would finally be happy knowing that everyone will come back soon. I will finally get to see Bucky again. Uh, dad had Morgan, and she is amazing. I love her and that sums it up. Are you up to speed? Good. Now, let me continue.

Me and Nat were having a meeting with Nebula, Rocket, Okoye, Carol and Rhodey. Nat was making a peanut butter sandwich.

"Yeah. We boarded that highly-suspect warship Danvers pinged" Rocket said 'highly-suspect' sarcastically.

"It was an infectious garbage scow" Nebula said, looking at Carol.

"So, thanks for the hot tip" Rocket said.

"Well, you were closer" she said in her defense.

"Yeah. And now we smell like garbage" Rocket said.

"You get a reading on those tremors?" Nat asked Okoye.

"'Twas a mild subduction under the African plate"

"Do we have a visual? How are we handling it?" Nat asked.

"Nat. It's an earthquake under the ocean. We handle it by not handling it"

"Carol, are we seeing you here next month?" Nat asked.

"Not likely"

"What? You gonna get another hair cut?" Rocket asked.

"Listen, fur face. I'm covering a lot of territory. The things that are happening on earth are happening everywhere. On thousands of planets" Carol said and I looked at the floor.

"Alright, alright. That's a good point. That's a good point" Rocket says.

"So, you might not see me for a very long time" Carol continued.

"Alright. Uh, well... This channel's always active. So, if anything goes sideways... Anyone's making trouble where they shouldn't... Comes through me or Y/N" Nat says and gestures to me. I look up and smile sadly.

"Okay" Okoye says.

"Alright" Nat says and nods her head. Everyone begins to leave one by one.

"Good luck" Carol says to Rhodey before she leaves. Nat sits down and I put a hand on her shoulder in comfort. She looks up and sees Rhodey still there.

"Where are you?" she asked.

"Mexico. The Federales found a room filled with bodies. Looks like a bunch of cartel guys... Never even had a chance to get their guns off"

"It's probably a rival gang" Nat says and put a foot on the desk.

"Except it isn't. It's definitely Barton. What he's done here... What he's been doing for the last few years... I mean the scene that he left... I gotta tell you, there's a part of me that doesn't even want to find him" Rhodey says and Nat is looking down to either avoid eye contact or to avoid being seen on the verge of tears.

"Will you find out where he's going next" Nat asked, taking a bite of her sandwich and looking at Rhodey, nodding her head.

"Nat?" he asked.

"Please?" she said, tears almost dripping down.

"Rhodey, please?" I ask, almost crying as well.

"Okay" he says and leaves. Nat puts her sandwich down and starts crying softly. I pull her in for a hug and end up crying on her shoulder.

"You know, I'd offer to cook you dinner... But you seem pretty miserable already" Steve said and I looked at him. He smiled softly at me and I wiped away my tears but more fell down. Nat straightened herself out.

"You here to do your laundry?" she asked Steve.

"And to see a friend. And my little sis" he says and I smile.

"Clearly, your friend and sister are fine" Nat says and leans back in her chair, looking at Steve.

"You know, I saw a pod of whales when I was coming over the bridge" Steve said.

"In the Hudson?" Nat asked, 'surprised'.

"There's fewer ships... Cleaner water"

"You know, if you're about to tell me to look on the bright side... Um... I'm about to hit you in the head with a peanut butter sandwich" Nat said, smiling at him. Steve looks down.

"Hmm. Sorry. Force of habit" Steve said, putting down his jacket and keys before taking a seat opposite Nat. I sat up in my seat "You know, I keep telling everybody They should move on... And grow. Some do. But not us"

"If I move on, who does this?" Nat asked.

"Maybe it doesn't need to be done"

"I used to have nothing. And then I got this. This job. This family. And I was better because of it" Nat said and there was a pause. More tears came down and a few fell for Nat "And even though they're gone... I'm still trying to be better"

"You know, I used to think that maybe everything that happened in the movies was over dramatic. But being here, living here with you guys made me realise how much pain and suffering everyone has gone through. And I think I'm scared because of this. I'm terrified even though I know what's going to happen and it should ease my mind but it doesn't. It never does. It hurts everyday knowing the future. But I still want to know because if I don't..." I say, crying as I speak, letting out all my fears.

"I think we all need to get a life" Steve said.

"You first" Nat said.

"Even if I wanted to, I can't" I say and get up but fall over.

"Y/N?" Nat asks.

"I'm fine" I say and try to get up. Nat helps me sit in my chair.

"You're thin. You haven't been eating. I told you to eat something at Tony's cause you barely eat here. Go get something or I will"

"I can't eat, Nat! I can't eat, I can't sleep, I can't do anything. I'm useless to my own body. I can't. Not without Scott. I need to know he's here" I say, looking at Nat. I look at Steve and he looks at me sad. There is a chime and Nat slides something to the side.

"Oh, hi, hi!" Scott yelled and I looked at him happy "Uh, is anyone home? This is, uh, Scott Lang. We met a few years ago at the airport... In Germany? I was the guy that got really big. I had a mask on. You wouldn't recognise me"

"Is this an old message?" Steve asked. I had a huge smile on my face.

"Ant-Man. I know you know that" Scott continued.

"It's the front gate" me and Nat say at the same time.

"I really need to talk to you guys" Scott said.

~~~~~

Scott was muttering to himself about something, pacing back and forth.

"Scott" Steve called "Are you okay?" he asked.

"Yeah" Scott said. He covered his face with his hands and then looked at us "Have any of you guys studied quantum physics?"

"Only to make conversation" Nat said.

"Yeah. After I met you I remembered that I needed to know as much as possible for this movie" I say, looking at Scott. Scott pointed to me.

"Alright, so... 5 years ago, right before... Thanos... I was in the place called the quantum realm. The quantum realm is like its own microscopic universe"

"Right. To get in there, you have to be incredibly small" I say and Scott nods his head.

"Hope. She's my, um... She was my... She was supposed to pull me out. And then Thanos happened... And I got stuck in there" Scott continued.

"I'm sorry, that must have been a very long 5 years" Nat says.

"Yeah, but that's just it. It wasn't. For me it was 5 hours" Scott said.

"If he was in there for 5 years, he would have starved to death and it would be 50 years up here, I think" I say and Scott looks at me like I'm a genius or something.

"See, the rules of the quantum realm aren't like they are up here. Everything is unpredictable. Is that anybody's sandwich? I'm starving" he asks and I give him the plate as he comes to me

"Scott. What are you talking about?" Steve asks as Scott takes a bite from the sandwich.

"So... What I'm saying is... Time works differently in the quantum realm. The only problem is right now we don't have a way to navigate it. But what if we did?" Scott was now pacing back and forth again "I can't stop thinking about it. What if we could somehow control the chaos... And we could navigate it? What if there was a way... That we could enter the quantum realm at a certain point in time... But then exit the quantum realm at another point in time? Like... Like before Thanos"

"Wait. Are you talking about a time machine?" Steve asks.

"Like Marty Mcfly or Doctor Who" I say and look at Scott.

"No. No, of course not. No, not a time machine. This is more like a... Yeah. Like a time machine. I know, it's crazy. It's crazy. But I can't stop thinking about it. There's gotta be... Some way... It's crazy"

"Scott. I get emails from a raccoon... So nothing sounds crazy anymore"

"So, who do we talk to about this?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

271K 8.5K 46
Being Tony Starks assistant has its perks, I mean who doesn't want to be friends with the Avengers?! In your case they are basically family now. How...
15.6K 506 25
It's an Avengers x female reader story. (this takes place in the first Avengers) Left behind by her birth parents and in the care of an elderly man...
10.9K 381 21
[ON HOLD] 6 years old. That was Y/N's age when the genius, billionaire, ex-playboy, philanthropist Tony Stark found her. That was the age she was f...
20.3K 1.1K 44
Book two, following on from Somewhere Along the way. Y/N has just been saved from Hydra, but has the dreams she has been having play a bigger tale t...