Hunter x Hunter (X Reader)

Door FeirceAngel

A kind, energetic, and adventurous girl accidentally stumbles upon the Hunter Exam as she runs away from her... Meer

β€’ Introduction β€’
β€’ Prologue β€’
β€’ Chapter One β€’
β€’ Chapter Two β€’
β€’ Chapter Three β€’
β€’ Chapter Five β€’
β€’ Chapter Six β€’
β€’ Chapter Seven β€’
β€’ Chapter Eight β€’

β€’ Chapter Four β€’

1.8K 58 45
Door FeirceAngel

As the group awaits further instructions, I stand a few feet away from Hisoka, trying to be patient.

But boredom is gnawing at my brain, making me tap my foot to a familiar rhythm.

My ears perk up as I hear Gon and Kurapika arrive, my eyes searching for them in the crowd.

I find them just as Gon stiffens and looks at Hisoka and I.

The magician points towards where Leorio leans against a tree. Gon gives me a confused look but rushes to Leorio's side without a second thought.

I smile after them.

Gon's so cute! He must be puzzled because I'm standing next to Hisoka-

My thoughts are interrupted.

"Excellent work, everyone!" Satotz exclaims, gaining the examinee's attention.

"The second phase will take place here in the Visca Forest Preserve. So I shall take my leave. I wish you all the very best of luck," the examiner starts to walk away.

I smile after him, "Bye Satotz-san!"

As I wave at him, a grating noise informs me of the gates opening. I turn with an excited grin, ready to see what we're doing next.

In the courtyard area, a very large male and a much smaller woman wait.

"Will all the applicants who passed the first phase enter," the woman asks.

She's wearing a black bra with a sheer top and she has turquoise hair done in a unique hairstyle.

Wow, she's pretty!

"Welcome all. I'm Menchi, your examiner for the Second Phase," she introduces, her expression pleasant.

"And likewise I am Buhara," the man smiles. He seems like a generally happy guy, his smile genuine.

I find myself grinning at the new examiners. They seem like awesome people so far!

A loud growling noise sounds and everyone starts questioning what it was.

I frown and look at my stomach.

That wasn't mine, was it? I just had a snack...

Beside me, Hisoka watches with amusement as I look down and questioningly pat my tummy.

"Sounds to me like you're getting hungry," Menchi grins up at Buhara.

"Not just hungry, I'm famished."

"Well, there you have it," she stands and walks forwards a bit, "The Second Phase will be... cooking!"

My tail swishes back and forth violently, something that the people around me notice. I can't help it though, I just get enthused about food!

"Wait, what do you mean we're cooking? We came here to take the Hunter Exam," applicant #255 asks. I think his name's Todo. He's standing ahead of me, right next to Hanzo.

"That's right. The Second Phase of the Exam will be to prepare a meal that will satisfy our palates."

"Why do we have to cook?" Todo continues being a pest.

"Don't you know? It's simple really. Because we're Gourmet Hunters!"

I didn't even know that was a thing! They must eat really yummy food all the time! I'm jealous...

The rude male starts laughing and some others join in.

My ears flatten at the blatant disrespect they're showing towards the examiners. They shouldn't be laughing!

"Man, talk about a letdown."

Menchi's eyes narrow.

"So, you're both Gourmet Hunters. What exactly do you want us to make?"

Hisoka lifts his head and smirks.

"Buhara," Menchi crosses her arms.

The examiner stands tall, "Today's required ingredient will be pork!"

"Like, pig meat?" Someone whispers.

Mmm, bacon!

"Feel free to use meat from any species of pig in Visca Forest. As you see, you'll use these cooking facilities to prep your dishes. To pass this exam, you must create a dish to satisfy our discriminating palates."

I listen to his explanation as I look around at the cooking stations. It's a nice place.

"But we won't evaluating taste alone, so take this seriously. Is that clear?" Menchi adds.

I nod, trying to focus.

"When we've both eaten our fill, this portion of the Exam will be over."

Todo chuckles, "Okay, enough talk. Let's just get to it, okay?"

Did no one teach this guy manners?!

"Let the Exam's Second Phase begin!" Buhara shouts and smacks his stomach to create a loud boom.

I race out of the courtyard, following the scent of wild pigs. Only, they don't smell like normal pigs...

Once I get to where the scent is strongest, I hide behind a tree and observe my prey.

They're huge with giant snouts and angry eyes. And, to top it all off, they're chewing bones.

Woah!

I sneak up to a hog that has strayed from the rest, trying to determine its weak spot. Its snout seems to be its strongest feature, so it's best to avoid that. I take out my hatchet before maneuvering closer.

I breathe steadily, then leap onto my target.

Teeth and claws slice through the soft flesh of the pig's head and neck as the creature lets out a terrified shriek. I continue my assault until the pig is dead.

Satisfied, I swipe away the blood around my mouth, suddenly looking to my left.

Gittarackur and Hisoka stand there, their prey laying by their feet.

What really catches my attention is the fact that their eyes are fixated on me.

I smirk at them, waving slightly before taking my pig back to the cooking area.

Now's where the hard part is...

I don't know how to cook.

(•_•)

I observe those around me, mimicking them to the best of my ability. Basically just putting the pig on a spit and roasting it over a fire.

Seems pretty straight forward.

And, the smell of roasting meat is making my mouth water!

I wonder if I can eat some after they judge it?

Some contestants are finished, already presenting their dish to the examiners.

I watch with some interest as each person is failed by Menchi. Buhara seems to be enjoying everything, though.

Ha, I'm probably not gonna pass either.

My turn approaches fast and I find myself in front of the two examiners.

"Here is my dish," I set the pig on the table with a small smile.

Menchi hardly even looks at it, "It's overcooked which makes it tough. There's no spice and no preparation at all! Did you even try?!"

I wince at her harsh words, ears moving back.

"Sorry."

Buhara eats it, giving me a passing score, which restores my smile. Menchi scowls and doesn't give me a passing score.

I move away, disappointment washing over me as I walk towards the back where Hisoka sits.

At least he didn't pass either, heck Gittarackur didn't pass either!

"I'm not sure this is a fair test," I whisper to the magician. "She's biased."

He hums his agreement, beady eyes meeting my sad ones.

Our attention is snapped back to the examiners as Menchi stands.

"So, none of you passed! Exam over!"

Everyone starts grumbling and asking questions.

"Did she really mean that?"

Applicant #255 smashes his workstation in anger, "I do not accept this!"

"Say what you want but you still failed."

"Shut the hell up! You asked for pork and we gave it to you! We risked our lives-"

"Your challenge was to prepare a pork dish that both your examiners would find delicious and none of you even came close to succeeding!" Menchi cuts him off.

"You all pretty much did that exact same thing! It's like you didn't even try to figure it out! It's clear that none of you took this seriously!"

Hanzo makes the stupid mistake of opening his mouth, "Yeah, but c'mon, pork? No matter how you cook it it's still just pork."

"You wanna say that one more time?!" Menchi grabs his bandana and yells in his face.

"If I hear anymore crap from you, I'll shove my hand up your ass and knock your teeth out!"

I laugh at Hanzo's expression as she shakes him and continues scolding.

She then goes and sits back down, crossing her legs idly, "So, as I was saying, none of you had the guts to cook anything remotely new or innovative."

She right.

"Hey, shut up!" #255 is at it again.

"I'm not hear because I'm trying to become some gourmet cook' my goal is to become a Blacklist Hunter! And no stupid Gourmet Hunter is gonna tell me I can't!"

"Then it's too bad that a 'stupid Gourmet Hunter' is your examiner," Menchi fires back.

"Well, better luck next year, I guess."

"Why you-!" He growls, turning red with fury. He lunges towards Menchi, "Don't mess with me!"

Before anyone else can react, Buhara smacks the rude man away, sending him flying.

"Buhara, please don't interfere."

"I'm sorry but it kinda looked like you were gonna kill him if I didn't step in," he explains.

She chuckle lightly, "Probably."

Standing, she reveals some large machetes in her hands, "Let's get this straight. We frequently venture into the deans of ferocious beasts in search of the finest ingredients."

She begins to juggle her weapons, "And every Hunter is proficient in some form of martial art. You lack focus and the will to experiment with new things. That alone disqualifies you all from becoming Hunters!"

I tilt my head to the side, watching as Hisoka takes out a card. He seems ready for a fight, with a grin planted on his soft lips.

Not gonna lie, I'm pretty mad too.

I wonder what I'll do now that the Exam is over?

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

364 5 74
. A new Hunter comes from the Dark Continent to grow and learn to live in the known world. Will she be able to over come the raging storm or be le...
12.6K 227 8
First Book Taking Tips πŸ‘Œ A demon making friends in the hunter exam. Will she fall for one of them? And who will that be?? You yes YOU. You are one...
2.4K 68 27
y/n l/n a famous killer magician decides to take the hunter exam would they pass? will they make friends because they are friendless as fuck? will t...
4.6K 82 5
//MARKED COMPLETED BUT WILL PROB STILL UPDATE\\ Just some one-shots about the amazing Hunter x Hunter characters that I will use for inspiration when...