I Risked It All For You | A K...

By MillyInTheBathroom

UNFINISHED DUE TO LACK OF MOTIVATION IM SO SORRY Description: ------ It's just like the actual story, except... More

001 -I Fell-
002 -Car Insurance๏ฟผ-
003 -In The Bedroom Down The Hall-
004 -The Connor Project-
005 -๏ฟผSincerely Me๏ฟผ-
006 -You Will Be Found-
Tagged whoo!!
007 -Going Viral-
008 -You Promised-
009 -Somebody Gets Hurt-
010 -The Weakest Must Go-
011 -The Confession-
012 -The Awakening-
013 -Let Him Have This pt.1-
014 -The Heartbreak-
015 -Helpless-
016 -Scholarship to King's College-
017 -If I Could Tell Him-
018 -Enemies๏ฟผ Made and Befriended-
019 -Stay Relaxed-
020 -The Fight-
021 -Meet Me Inside-
022 -That Would Be Enough-
024 -Non Stop-
025 -Lucky to Have You-
IM SO SORRY

023 -Dedicating Everyday to You-

21 3 1
By MillyInTheBathroom

Shoutout to @TheCronchIsReal for liking my writing style I would say thank you but something weird happened with my email and I can't respond to comments and shit. So this is my thank you *insert awkward bisexual finger guns* :>

Anyway, this part takes place over the 4 years Skye is growing up. (They started collage at 19, so the timeline isn't too confusing)

~One Week Later~

-Evan's POV-

I visited Dr. Sherman during the few hours I had free time. I sat down on the familiar soft cushions, well, not exactly sitting more like collapsing but you get the idea.

I groaned and Dr. Sherman looked at me with a concerned stare. "Are you alright, Evan?" She asked, shifting in her seat with the clipboard in hand. (A/n trans Dr. Sherman. fight me. Plz don't do that I have weak nerd arms.)

"No." She pursed her lips together, tapping the pen on the corner of the clipboard, staring at ground next to me, thinking. She took a breath, and looked back at me.

"Evan, you could experience overburn. You're stressed out and it's surprising you haven't broken out in hives or anything like that." She gestured in the air as she talked and I scratched my arm, forgetting my cast wasn't there anymore.

It's been a few years and I only had that thing for a few months and yet it's still a habit. I was so lost in thought I didn't realize I had broken the skin on my arm and there was blood wedged under my fingernails.

Her voice brought me back to reality. "Evan!" She had raised her voice enough to make me snap my head up and heat everything. I looked down, shit. She got up and brought me a paper towel to keep there until the session was over.

I sat there, curled up on the chair, embarrassed. "Hey...it happens, it's alright." She said in a reassuring voice that calmed me down a bit. We talked for a half hour before I realized I needed to take Skye to a doctors appointment in 20 minutes.

"Your daughter, she's 2, right?" I nodded. "I want you to brainstorm, think of all the emotions you'll feel raising her. It's a simple idea, you don't have to do it but it was just a thought."

You don't need to write it down, or even share it with me. Only if you want to." We talked for another few minutes, I thanked her, and left.

~Time Skip~

-No one's POV-

After leaving Dr. Sherman's office, he picked up Skye from home and took her to the doctor's office. He gave her a heart monitor to wear around her wrist and keep track of her heart rate.

It was hell of a lot of work, but it was all worth it to see her smile. He brought her home and rocked her gently in his arms.

I'm dedicating everyday to you...

She reached up and touched his face gently. She beamed and giggled happily.

When you smile, you knock me out, I fall apart...and I thought I was so smart.

The sun rose and sank 365 times, the days bled into each other and the first year of adopting Skye had come. Evan had taught her how to speak and read.

You will come of our changing nation.

He gently took her hands and guided her steps, teaching her how to walk. Before he knew it she was running around the house and cheering like she had won a marathon.

She spent her days coloring, reading, drawing and learning. If he was being honest, his teaching was far better than anything a school could teach.

Skye was 4 when she was first shown a rainbow pride flag and was taught about it.

We'll bleed and fight for you. We'll make it right for you. If we lay a strong enough foundation.

He gave it to her to hold. She ran her fingers over the fabric, then gazed up at Evan.

We'll pass it on to you, we'll give the world to you, And you'll blow us all away...someday~

She wore it like a cape and sprinted around the living room with it on her back. Connor came home to a 3 feet tall child running around with a pride flag over her face like a sheet-ghost on Halloween.

Connor on the other hand, only had a few jobs when taking care of Skye. Making her laugh, and occasionally checking on her during the night.

Although those where jobs Evan could easily do, making her laugh and always checking in her heart monitor was just the daily schedule, it still felt like a small victory to Connor.

Domestic life was never quite my style...

It always filled him with pure joy when he came home to his daughter, still safe and healthy, and his fiancé.

Picking his daughter up and feeling a hug from behind made everything that was wrong about the day, dissolve into nothing.

Pride is not the word I'm looking for...there's so much more inside me now! When you smile, I fall apart...And I thought I was so smart...

It was so, amazing to Connor. Evan had barely any experience with children, and he was so much...better at parenting. Connor came home one day, to see Evan sitting on the floor with Skye, his back pressed against the wall.

She was sitting next to him, doing her school work and he was pointing at the paper, telling her what to do. He smiled when she was done. He was on one knee, so he was down to her level. "My father wasn't around..." he mumbled, his expression fading, and he avoided eye contact.

She gave him a worried frown before he looked back at her. He held her hands, and grinned. "I swear I'll be around for you."

Connor dropped his bag on the floor and sat next to them. Evan talked with Skye for a bit, Connor looked over at his bag by the door. Some of the paper and the fountain pen Evan gave him spilled out.

I'll do whatever it takes.

Connor went upstairs and began to write some more. Evan looked up at the ceiling on the first floor. He heard Connor pacing above him.

I'll make a million mistakes...I'll make the world safe and sound for you!

On her 5th birthday, Evan and Connor let her enroll in Girl Scouts, to some miracle, with Evan being a protective parent. Even through she was only a daisy, she wore it like a badge of honor. Plus, free cookies for Connor.

You'll come of age with our changing nation! We'll bleed and fight for you, we'll make it right for you! If we lay a strong enough foundation...we'll pass it on to you, we'll give the world to you, And you'll blow us all away!~"

Someday...

After another binge writing session, Connor went into his and Evan's room to find Skye sitting at the edge of the bed, swinging her feet as Evan brushed her hair. They both hadn't noticed him yet. Evan kissed the top of her head.

"Yeah you'll blow us all away..."  Evan chirped and Skye beamed happily. The thought of making her dads proud made her feel like she was on top of the world.

Connor smiled, and went into the room.

★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★
Word Count: 1243
Does this count as a chapter? ō)-(ō
Hmmmm not sure yet :D
YOU CAME FOR KLEINSEN I KNOW PLZ DONT RIOT

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 17 12
TRIGGER WARNING: Suicide Attempt, Self-Harm, Anxiety, Panic Attack, Bipolar Disorder, etc. Connor Murphy was always scared of himself, so to make up...
83.6K 3.1K 24
CW; suicide attempt, homophobia, homophobic slurs, depression, anxiety, etc. This is basically just a super cheesy and mushy fanfic involving Connor...
188K 7.8K 57
!COMPLETED! Evan and Connor have been crushing on each other for years. Both are too nervous to tell the other how they feel, which leads to a lot of...
1.6K 46 17
Soulmates. Two people that are destined to be together. Soulmates are sent into the world with no clue who their other half is. Luckily, The unive...