Rewind (BNHA x male reader)

By ghostdonuts

Immortality, an ability that seems like a dream come true. You never have to fear death, that's why the world... More

Chapter 1: Detective L/N
Chapter 2: New Teacher
Chapter 3: Aren't I Retired?
Chapter 4: Worst Part about being Immortal
Chapter 5: Was I Supposed To?
Chapter 6: Admiration
Chapter 7: Conference
Chapter 8: They're Alright
Chapter 9: Fight my Children
Chapter 10: In my Life
Chapter 11: It all Began
Chapter 12: Embrace Death
Chapter 13: Mall Shenanigans
Chapter 14: The Arival
Chapter 15: Training with Senpai
Chapter 16: The Attack
Chapter 17: What we Can and Can't Do
Chapter 18: A Way to End it All
Chapter 19: Their Bright Futures
Chapter 20: New Responsibilities
Chapter 22: New Obstacles
Chapter 23: Expected Better
Chapter 24: Talk with the Enemy
Chapter 25: If Wasn't Your Fault
Chapter 26: Strength
Chapter 27: Newspaper
Chapter 28: Work Study
Chapter 29: Decisions Made, Mistakes Made
Chapter 30: Seikatsu Files
Chapter 31: The Return
Chapter 32: A Promise
Chapter 33: Amethysts
Chapter 34: Time I Spend with You
Chapter 35: Heavens Clearing
Chapter 36: Growth
Chapter 37: It's me Again
Chapter 38: My Enemy
Chapter 39: Be Ready
Chapter 40: Helping Hand
Chapter 41: Nothing to Fear
Chapter 42: Pleads of Desperation
Chapter 43: Torn to Shreds
Chapter 44: Center of it All
Chapter 45: Complications
Chapter 46: Chase your Dreams
Chapter 47: Familiar
Chapter 48: My Jupiter
Chapter 49: Fight with Everything
Chapter 50: Who is He?
Chapter 51: Where We Stand
Chapter 52: I Remember Now
Chapter 53: Veteran
Chapter 54: I'm Home
New Book

Chapter 21: Guidance

30K 1.3K 1.2K
By ghostdonuts

"Kota eat your waffles" I said as I leant against the kitchen counter. Kota ran from around the corner and started devouring the plate of waffles I put on the table.

"What are we doing today?" Kota asked after drinking some juice.

"I have to go to UA today. I didn't have to go yesterday since the students are moving into dorms, regular classes had been canceled" I answered back while I opened the fridge to get (f/b) (favorite breakfast)

"What about you? Aren't you going to move to the dorms?" Kota asked.

"Nah, I have my house here. I wouldn't leave it like that" I responded while taking the seat next to him.

"What am I doing today?" Kota questioned.

"I can ask the elderly couple next door to watch you. They're good people, I pay their rent since they're both retired and struggling. They're the only people that think I'm an actual child" I chuckled.

"Nooo I wanna go with you!" Kota whined.

"I don't think I want you close to those heathens" I denied automatically.

"They were literally at the camp grounds for a week" Kota countered.

"Yeah but I wasn't your legal guardian at the time" I shot back. We were both in a staring contest for a minute, until I blinked first.

"Dammit I lost. Guess you come with me then" I mumbled. Kota cheered and took his empty plate to the sink. He ran to his bedroom so he could get dressed for the day.

I just shook my head before cleaning up my own finished breakfast. I was already ready for work so it was just the waiting game for Kota. I would have to admit though, having someone else in the mostly vacant house does serve as a refresher.

I never thought I would grant access for someone else to live here, since the last people to live here was me, Jupiter, and Shiyuna. But Kota really did mend me a little. I didn't perform any suicides after I took him in, so I wouldn't be a bad role model.

Kota ran from the hall and was flipping over the pillows on the couch.

"...What are you doing?" I asked with a raised brow.

"Looking for my hat!" Kota yelled in a panic. He was about to flip the cushions before I spoke up.

"It's on your head kiddo" I stated. Kota paused and slowly put his hand on his head. Sure enough his hat was resting there, just like always. He blushed madly in embarrassment.

"We never speak of this" he threatened me. I rose my hands in defense and waved them back and forth.

"I won't I won't. Now let's go before I'm late. Aizawa wanted me there at a certain time and that was an hour ago" I cheered and opened the front door.

"Then you're already late!" Kota yelled.

"Well yeah but I always do this. Can't be later than late though" I shrugged and motioned for Kota to leave the house first. He compiled while bouncing out the door. I patted my pockets to make sure I had everything before locking up my house.

Kota was waiting by my impala by the time I got to there. I opened up the doors and Kota jumped into his seat and buckled up. I chuckled under my breath and took my place at the driver's seat. Kota adored my car, it was the first thing he was drawn to when I had given him a tour of the house.

I started it up and started driving to the school.

Once we got there I parked the car and motioned for Kota to follow me. I locked it and we started walking inside the building. From what I was told, the students would be at the training ground. For what? No clue.

"I'll get to see everyone train today?" Kota asked as we walked.

"That's the plan. Is that fine with you?" I asked.

"Yeah! Maybe I can do something to improve my quirk, since I barely started using it" Kota suggested. I nodded in agreement and we soon made it to the training grounds.

"Hey my amazing student Shota-" I started but I had to dodge an incoming knife. I let out a surprised screech and I looked at my attacker.

"O-oh Shota! Sorry I'm late bud!" I stuttered. Aizawa had a dark aura around him.

"I told you to be here an hour and a half ago, Mr. Y/N" Shota said in a deadly calm voice.

"Uhhh" I said dumbly. Aizawa was about to advance but Kota was there. He ran at Aizawa and was weakly punching his leg.

"Leave Y/N alone, you villain!" Kota said while glaring. I stared at the child with dotted eyes. Aizawa just sighed and looked at me in disappointment.

"You kidnapped a kid?" Aizawa asked.

"What?! No!" I yelled. Kota stopped his assault and ran back to my side, gripping my black jacket so I wouldn't disappear.

"Mr. Y/N!"

I looked over and saw 1-A doing different moves on the clones of a pro hero.

"Ohh I see now, ultimate moves?" I guessed. They sounded a chorus of agreements and Kota looked up at me.

"Ultimate moves?" He questioned.

"Yep, they have to find unique ways to use their quirks to create special moves" I explained and the boy just nodded. I waved hello to Toshinori and continued to walk around the training grounds. I was at the floor while the students were elevated, probably to avoid collision and heroes can easily view their progress.

"They all seem to be doing good" Toshinori said. I nodded and looked at each one of them.

"Why are they trying harder now?" The clone hero asked. (Forgot his name)

"Because Y/N showed up" Aizawa answered lazily. I chuckled and finished looking around.

"Bakugou seems to be making the most progress" I commented as I watched him perform a move called "AP shot"

"He has a selection of possibilities with his strong quirk" Toshinori agreed.

"Aaaaand then there's Midoriya" I said with a sigh. He was standing there looking all depressed and such.

"His quirk is a different story all together. He can't do much and when he does, he ends up in a hospital" Aizawa said rather annoyed.

"His hands have been damaged significantly after the camp attack right? No wonder he's struggling" I added.

"He needs to figure it out soon, or else he'll be in trouble"

"Why will he be in trouble?" Kota asked me. I looked at him and smiled.

"Because hero license exams are coming up. Without new moves, they won't do so well" I answered. "The other schools participating know all the moves these kids do, thanks to the sports festival. They need something new or they'll be demolished in the first event"

"What was your hero license exams like?" The clone hero asked. Toshinori choaked on his spit and Aizawa had a smirk on his face.

"Oh that? I wasn't a participant. I was the decider" I answered.

"Y/N was so respected, that the state requested him to attend the licens exams so he could approve or deny wannabe heroes" Aizawa explained.

"Y/N was given a hero license as soon as heroes were becoming regular" Toshinori agreed, looking back on the stories his master would tell him.

"Are you going back to heroism? I heard a rumor" Aizawa questioned while crossing his arms.

"I was thinking about it. I haven't decided" I sighed and continued to observe.

"Let's give them a break" Aizawa sighed when he saw Midoriya fail again.

~🦋~

Kota and I were sitting on the staircase while eating lunch. We were talking about ways Kota could approve his quirk until someone approached us.

"Mr. Y/N, I need your help" Midoriya said while looking down.

"What you need kid?" I asked.

"I have no clue what I'm doing for the ultimate moves" Midoriya said in a stressed out voice. I nodded and got up from the steps.

"Kota stay right here. I'm going to talk to Midoriya down the hall" I said. He nodded and continued to eat. I motioned for Midoriya to follow and we both went down the hall, far enough so Kota wouldn't hear us.

I leaned against the window and looked outside, Midoriya doing the same.

"One for All isn't in my full control yet. I damaged my arms so profoundly, can I really become a hero? With all the mistakes and failures I've done?" Midoriya asked while his eyes quivered.

Oh shit he's gonna cry. I don't do well with crying children! Think Y/N think!

"You know how I see it? Failures just proves how much you're dedicated. I also see failures as a way to learn. Those who don't fail, they don't lean a single thing"

"Then how am I supposed to-" Midoriya started but I cut him off.

"Think outside the box. You're so used to one method, think of something you never saw yourself doing in the past. You've studied hundreds of pro heroes in your lifetime, you ever heard of any of them giving up half way?" I asked while looking at him in the eyes.

Midoriya's eyes widened and I could tell he was scolding himself. He was so quick to lose faith because of his failures, that never once he thought of them as a learning experience. His head shot up after a moment.

"Mr. Y/N, I have legs!"

"....what, you want a medal or something?"

~🦋~

I smiled as I watched Midoriya using One for All to kick the clone. I see what he meant about the leg discovery now.

"He's lame for barely noticing his legs" Kota commented and I started wheezing.

"You gave him guidance, didn't you?" All Might whispered to me.

"He figured it out by himself, I just gave him a little push. That's all" I shrugged.

"Thank you, he trusts you a lot, looks up to you even"

"It's no problem. I'll help any of these students, all they have to do is ask, so I know they want to improve" I waved off.

Kota continued to observe the students with a glint in his eyes. This kid, he wanted to learn just as much.

I definitely have high expectations for the heroes of the future.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3K 58 9
(y/n) Was far from ordinary he had two extremely unique but dangerous quirks if used for evil. So when he ocme to UA before the exam and explains who...
3.1K 70 15
A demon was cursed to forever be immortal while walking through earth,if he were to get attached to anyone but his true love,they would become immort...
14.4K 525 11
"Death is mortal, but Love is immortal." One does not simply be tasked with a difficult job. I am the symbol of fear, sadness and death. But that doe...
755 25 22
Izuku Midoriya always wanted to be a hero since he was a little kid. Since he saw the great All Might save so many lives, that has been his one dream...