𝐮𝐤𝐚𝐢 𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐝𝐞 ‧ haikyuu

By VENUSTAR-R

in which the karasuno boys encounter a mysterious girl working in their coach's convenience store, only to fi... More

𝐔𝐊𝐀𝐈 𝐏𝐑𝐈𝐃𝐄 ‒ ♡
♡ 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞 ♡
♡ 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥 ♡
♡ 𝐯𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐡𝐞𝐫 ♡
♡ 𝐬𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐩𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐞 ♡
♡ 𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐬 ♡
♡ 𝐠𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐳𝐚𝐰𝐚 ♡
♡ 𝐯𝐨𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐲𝐛𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐰𝐚𝐤𝐚𝐭𝐨𝐬𝐡𝐢 ♡
♡ 𝐟𝐥𝐚𝐭 𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐬 ♡
♡ 𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐭 𝟐𝐚𝐦 ♡
♡ 𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐤𝐢𝐫𝐚 𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐤𝐢𝐫𝐚 ♡
♡ 𝐰𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐭 ♡
♡ 𝐚𝐨𝐛𝐚 𝐣𝐨𝐡𝐬𝐚𝐢 ♡
♡ 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐝 ♡
♡ 𝐫𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐧 𝐧𝐨𝐨𝐝𝐥𝐞𝐬 ♡
♡ 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥𝐬 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 ♡
♡ 𝐭𝐰𝐨 𝐮𝐤𝐚𝐢𝐬 (𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞) ♡
♡ 𝐠𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐬 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐤𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐬𝐮𝐧𝐨 ♡
♡ 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐟𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐚 ♡
♡ 𝐚 𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐦𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐫 ♡
♡ 𝐬𝐭𝐮𝐝𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐬𝐞𝐦𝐢 ♡
♡ 𝐮𝐩𝐝𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐨𝐲𝐬 ♡
♡ 𝐚 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐟𝐥𝐲 ♡
♡ 𝐨𝐡 𝐬𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐲 ♡
♡ 𝟏𝟗𝟕𝟎𝐬 ♡
♡ 𝐛𝐨𝐛𝐚 ♡
♡ 𝐚 𝐦𝐢𝐝𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐣𝐨𝐠 ♡
♡ 𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐥 𝐦𝐚𝐜𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐚𝐭𝐨 ♡
♡ 𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭-𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐫𝐬𝐨𝐧 ♡
♡ 𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐜 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 ♡
♡ 𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐜𝐚𝐦𝐩 ♡
♡ 𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐜𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 ♡
♡ 𝐚 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 ♡
♡ 𝐦𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 ♡
♡ 𝐰𝐚𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮 ♡
♡ 𝐚 𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐢𝐭𝐲 ♡
♡ 𝐛𝐚𝐫-𝐛𝐞-𝐪𝐮𝐞 ♡
♡ 𝐚 𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐡𝐨𝐦𝐞 ♡
♡ 𝐰𝐞'𝐥𝐥 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐚 𝐛𝐚𝐥𝐥 ♡
♡ 𝐀𝐒𝐌𝐑 ♡
♡ 𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 ♡
♡ 𝐤𝐢𝐬𝐬 𝐤𝐢𝐬𝐬... 𝐟𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐢𝐧 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞? ♡
♡ 𝐤𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐨𝐤𝐞 ♡
♡ 𝐚𝐧 𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐥𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭 ♡
♡ 𝐬𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐫 𝐝𝐚𝐲𝐬, 𝐝𝐫𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐰𝐚𝐲 ♡
♡ 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞 ♡
♡ 𝐭𝐨𝐤𝐲𝐨 ♡
♡ 𝐦𝐮𝐬𝐞𝐮𝐦 𝐝𝐚𝐭𝐞 ♡
♡ 𝐟𝐮𝐤𝐮𝐫𝐨𝐝𝐚𝐧𝐢 ♡
♡ 𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐲 ♡
♡ 𝐟𝐚𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐰 ♡
♡ 𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐜𝐡𝐚 𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐰𝐧𝐢𝐞𝐬 ♡
♡ 𝐚𝐧 𝐚𝐛𝐬𝐨𝐥𝐮𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐲 𝐮𝐧𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝 𝐠𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐮𝐬 ♡
♡ 𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 ♡
♡ 𝐚𝐜𝐜𝐞𝐩𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐜𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐲 𝐝𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐬 ♡
♡ 𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐤 ♡
♡ 𝐠𝐚𝐲 𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐬𝐤𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 (𝐬𝐨 𝐲𝐮𝐫𝐢 𝐨𝐧 𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐛𝐢𝐚𝐧) ♡
♡ 𝐝𝐚𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐧𝐨𝐰 ♡
♡ 𝐚 𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐢𝐜𝐞 ♡
𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒 ‒ ♡
𝐚𝐤𝐚𝐚𝐬𝐡𝐢
𝐚𝐬𝐚𝐡𝐢
𝐝𝐚𝐢𝐜𝐡𝐢
𝐢𝐰𝐚𝐢𝐳𝐮𝐦𝐢
𝐤𝐢𝐲𝐨𝐤𝐨
𝐨𝐢𝐤𝐚𝐰𝐚
𝐬𝐞𝐦𝐢
𝐬𝐮𝐠𝐚
𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐨𝐮
𝐮𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐣𝐢𝐦𝐚
𝐅𝐈𝐍 ‒ ♡

♡ 𝐩𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝- ♡

15K 580 119
By VENUSTAR-R

𝐩𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝-
3.5

(Y/N) was planning on spending the day in her great-grandfather's garden with a nice cup of tea and her copy of The Brothers Karamazov she needed to read for the summer. Skipping Karasuno's Sunday practice was a... trivial choice, to say the least. She'd barely been showing up recently, but with good reason.

Well... meh, reason (if you count needing to work 'good reason'). 

The previous days had definitely served as a much-needed break and distraction from the tireless hours spent hunched over a textbook, a music sheet or pages of kanji. But alas, she had business to get down to (quite literally, sometimes). Sure, the crushing tension she had felt on her shoulders had eased and she felt a lot calmer and the raging storm that had once been messing up her head had dissipated for the most part.

But even so, there was this small nagging fly that had sat on her shoulder whispering these guilt-filled thoughts all weekend. Usually along the lines of 'You've been slacking off. Why are you having fun when you have a paper to write? What about your college essays? You'll never get into Harvard like this. Not to mention your summer project-' This voice sounded an awful lot like her mother.

So, (Y/N) had hoped to be able to sit under the filtered sunlight that streamed in through the thick summer leaves, only the cicadas to keep her company with the occasional interruption from Ikkei about a drink or lunch. 

She most certainly did not expect to see a certain energetic ball of sunshine there.

"(Y/N)-sannn!" He waved cheerfully from the makeshift volleyball court that lay just by the green-bean plants, the colourful red-green-and-white ball held loosely under his arm. 

She smiled, though it was a little strained. She loved the boy, yes, but he was interrupting her peace and quiet. Her time for work. "Hinata, hey! W- what're you doing here?" She asked.

Hinata's eyes lit up as fast as a lightbulb, quickly bouncing over to the younger Ukai, "Oh! Well," He started, almost like he was telling her a great story, "Coach Ukai, your dad- I mean, took me here to practice! You know Kageyama and I had a fight, and I need to be a better player to make it to Nationals! And then Coach Ukai senior showed me the tempos, and I'm practising with a bunch of different people to open up my capabilities with their different techniques and skillsets. You should have seen me! You know how whenever the toss was off I used to panic middair and go like 'Ahh!' and the ball would fall with a 'Splat *frowny face*'. Then, when it was off and I managed to go 'Fwoom!' I HIT UP, (Y/N)! I actually hit it!"

(Y/N) blinked a couple of times, nodding slowly with an amused grin, "Uh-huh..." She mumbled, trying to make out what he said, "Well, uh, you seen Ikkei around?" She hated to brush him off like this, but his cheery self didn't seem to mind.

"Oh, yeah! Coach Ukai Senior is making some tea for the people here with me today," He waved vaguely at the inside of the traditional Japanese house something which would be quite rare to see in Tokyo. "Hey! Can you toss me a few? Just a few? Pleaseee! Please! Pleaseeeee! It'll only be a few, I promise," Before she knew it, his puppy dog eyes looked up at her as he held onto her arm, pleadingly pouting at her.

If it was his way of guilting her into setting for him, it was working.

She scanned his face, though she didn't know exactly what she was looking for. Maybe it was just a way to avoid locking gaze with his golden honey irises that would probably kill her if she looked at them too long, or to just one over her decision. She glanced up at the sun, the searing brightness making her look away quickly. Maybe she had time for a couple of tosses... 

The book was only like, what, eight hundred pages? Yeah...

Pursing her lips, she finally let out a sigh of defeat, "Fine," She groaned, though she couldn't suppress the smile that was tugging at her lips as the mandarin jumped up in the air happily. "C'mon," She made her way to the court, grateful that she had dressed in simple trainers with sweatpants with a large t/shirt as opposed to her usual fashionable self.

With a small wave, she greeted the young boy who was twirling a ball on the sidelines, though his eyes quickly widened in awe at the sight of a stunning girl. His head whipped to his slightly older friend, finding that he too had his eyes trained on her.

"Hey~!" She called at him, making the poor boy flustered as hell, "Can you throw it for us?" (Y/N) asked gesturing the ball in his hands. He nodded, not trusting himself with his words. 

She hummed in thought as Hinata got ready, eyeing the space around her to get a better feel of it, "I think I've been lectured about the tempos by Ikkei, but I don't know too much about them," 

Hinata smiled brightly, "It's okay! Just get the ball up around, well, there," He waved into the air.

(Y/N) chuckled, nodding to the youngest boy to throw it.

No less than three seconds later, the ball fell flat, Hinata not being able to reach it.

Now, (Y/N) was no setter, but both Mikasa and Keiji had taught her a few things here and there, making her better than most.

But that being said, Hinata had to take a few seconds to come back to the real world. He trailed the ball that was now rolling on the ground, white now dusted brown due to the dirt. He looked back up at (Y/N), who looked like she just ate a lemon.

"Ahhh, I'm sorry. I did it too high," She apologized to him, frowning deeply.

He shook his head, "N- no it's okay! I'm the one who needs to improve..." He paused, in thought, "Hey, why... why'd you do it higher? Higher than what I usually aim for, I guess,"

(Y/N)'s brows furrowed, "Uh, I guess my setters back in Fukurodani focus on challenging their ace's when we practice. I mean, Mikasa's always telling me I can go higher than I aim for. Plus, Keiji's always trying to use Bo's talent to its extent. Usually, you jump 'as high as possible' and the ball comes to your hands. I wanted to see what it would be like for a target to be set for you, I guess..."

"Oh..." Hinata bit the inside of his cheek, a thought arising, "Is that what people do to you? Set a target for you, I mean, rather than creating your own?"

(Y/N) tensed up, realization of what she just did seeping in. "Y- yeah," She mumbled solemnly, eyes set on the ground, "I guess they do,"

(Y/N) sat under a tree in the small forest behind her great-grandad's house, eyes stuck on one word from her book at she thought. She had barely made it through any pages, always finding herself going back to what Hinata said.

She eventually gave up on her book, instead opting to lean against the trunk with the cold tea Ikke had prepared for her in hands, ice shifting with a small clink as it melted, water condensing at the sides of the glass cup. In the distance, she could hear the faint bounce of the volleyball's, produced by the same people she had to excuse herself from just a few minutes ago. 

For now, the insects would keep her company. 

Her own targets, huh? What were those...

She knew she wanted to go into business. As much as she hated the billionaires and everything they stood for, maybe she could find a way to change it all from the inside. Or at least be better than Bezos or Suckerberg. 

It didn't have to be too big, though the more money and more popularity you had, the bigger the impact you made.

And her mother shared this path with her, for the most part. But there was a point in which they went in completely opposite directions, a fork in the road.

Her targets weren't really her own, were they? They were her mom's, predominantly. 

Sigh. So much for a peaceful day of reading.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

467K 14.2K 50
Y/n has been studying in Tokyo away from her hometown, Osaka. She lives with her uncle who happens to be the coach of Japan Men's National Volleybal...
703K 23.8K 44
"𝐰𝐨𝐰! 𝐈 𝐝𝐢𝐝𝐧'𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝐚 𝐝𝐨𝐫𝐤." ༺ where one of Japan Volleyball Team's player is a seventeen year...
987K 27.8K 46
-𝐤𝐞𝐧𝐦𝐚 𝐤𝐨𝐳𝐮𝐦𝐞 𝐱 𝐟𝐞𝐦!𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫 -in which y/n, nekoma's girls' volleyball team setter, needs extra volleyball practice with the boys...
750K 21.9K 50
"𝙬𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙞𝙛 𝙬𝙚 𝙖𝙙𝙙 𝙖 𝙧𝙖𝙣𝙙𝙤𝙢 𝙣𝙪𝙢𝙗𝙚𝙧 𝙞𝙣𝙩𝙤 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙜𝙘?" ♥︎♡︎♥︎ In which Y/n gets added into a groupchat full of dumb volleybal...