Rewind (BNHA x male reader)

By ghostdonuts

Immortality, an ability that seems like a dream come true. You never have to fear death, that's why the world... More

Chapter 1: Detective L/N
Chapter 2: New Teacher
Chapter 3: Aren't I Retired?
Chapter 4: Worst Part about being Immortal
Chapter 5: Was I Supposed To?
Chapter 6: Admiration
Chapter 7: Conference
Chapter 8: They're Alright
Chapter 9: Fight my Children
Chapter 10: In my Life
Chapter 11: It all Began
Chapter 12: Embrace Death
Chapter 13: Mall Shenanigans
Chapter 14: The Arival
Chapter 15: Training with Senpai
Chapter 16: The Attack
Chapter 17: What we Can and Can't Do
Chapter 18: A Way to End it All
Chapter 20: New Responsibilities
Chapter 21: Guidance
Chapter 22: New Obstacles
Chapter 23: Expected Better
Chapter 24: Talk with the Enemy
Chapter 25: If Wasn't Your Fault
Chapter 26: Strength
Chapter 27: Newspaper
Chapter 28: Work Study
Chapter 29: Decisions Made, Mistakes Made
Chapter 30: Seikatsu Files
Chapter 31: The Return
Chapter 32: A Promise
Chapter 33: Amethysts
Chapter 34: Time I Spend with You
Chapter 35: Heavens Clearing
Chapter 36: Growth
Chapter 37: It's me Again
Chapter 38: My Enemy
Chapter 39: Be Ready
Chapter 40: Helping Hand
Chapter 41: Nothing to Fear
Chapter 42: Pleads of Desperation
Chapter 43: Torn to Shreds
Chapter 44: Center of it All
Chapter 45: Complications
Chapter 46: Chase your Dreams
Chapter 47: Familiar
Chapter 48: My Jupiter
Chapter 49: Fight with Everything
Chapter 50: Who is He?
Chapter 51: Where We Stand
Chapter 52: I Remember Now
Chapter 53: Veteran
Chapter 54: I'm Home
New Book

Chapter 19: Their Bright Futures

29.8K 1.4K 497
By ghostdonuts

"I found a way for you to die, permanently"

Those words kept echoing in my head. I was so obsessed with the thought of finally dying, that I didn't even realize I asked how.

"You know that rare metal from the bomb I threw at you? The time you first died?" All for One asked.

"Yeah" I answered back.

"Well, if your heart is impaled by that very metal, then your Rewind cycle will stop, and you'll finally die"

The very thing that killed me the first time, can kill me a final time as well? That's how my Rewind worked?

"That metal can't be found anywhere, it stopped being made after the war ended" I argued.

"When I found out the way you could die, I went out of my way to find that metal. Doing you a favor"

He had the metal? This is it. This is my chance. I can be with Jupiter again, I missed her so much.

"Come here, and embrace death" All for One said. I saw something behind him, it looked like it was an advanced weapon, something I had never seen before.

Jupiter's face flashed in my mind and I took a step forward. I can finally go? I can finally be free?

I felt a tug on the back of my jacket and I turned around quickly.

Bakugou had done it, and he looked at me helplessly. What I read from his wavering face, was a plead not to do it. But I've looked for so long, and the solution was right in front of me. The answer to my everyday problems, this can cure the trauma I feel everyday. I've waited.

"Please.." Bakugou whispered in a quivering voice. My eyes widened.

"Don't do it!" Toshinori yelled.

"You have someone to protect and fight for!" Enji yelled in desperation.

Instead of just seeing Jupiter, I saw all my old students, Shota, Yamada, Toshinori, Enji. All my old friends, Nezu, Torino.

My new students. They were all there. And they were looking at me expectantly.

How could I be so stupid? Was I really about to accept death now? When I still had Bakugou to protect? When all my students tried so hard, to make me want to live?

"Well?" All for One asked, motioning me over. I looked towards him. The man that killed my family. Was I really about to let him kill me too?

"You're not going to kill me. You took everything from me, and now I'll make you fall to your knees all over again"

"B-but isn't this what you want?! You've lived a life full of anguish!"

"I'm not ready yet, after all, I got new students. And I have to see, Their bright futures"

"I'll still kill you!" All for One yelled. I motioned for Bakugou to go back and he did. I started running at All For One, just like in the past. It has always been our destiny to clash.

All for One ignored All Might and he focused on me. He used the quirk he's been hitting All Might with for the entire fight. I took out my knife and threw it high above the villain. I teleported to it and ended up above.

He was quick to react and he moved to use the same move but I threw my flintlock to the side. I activated a part of my quirk my students hadn't seen yet. I made my flintlock shoot by itself as it was falling, the bullet hit All for One in the shoulder, making him miss me by a few inches.

I landed and caught my flintlock skillfully. I heard a weird machinery sound from All for One. I saw the weapon from before shoot something and I tried to move out of the way. The spear stabbed me in the leg and I clenched my jaw from the sharp pain.

The spear was just like the metal that came out of the bomb that killed me the first time. Meaning All for One had this at his disposal and ready to use it. I have to make sure it doesn't hit my heart at all.

I pulled the spear out and flipped over another incoming scrap of metal. I stopped my heart and made it beat again, the wound on my leg closed.

"I can finally kill you. After all the years you've kept me on the run, I found a way to get rid of you!" All for One yelled, his arn becoming mutated.

"Like I said before, you're not killing me. Your new discovery won't mean a damn thing if you can't reach my heart" I said with a glare. He grit his teeth and shot another spear. I sidestepped and charged at him.

He jumped at me with his mutated arm and I formed chainsaws on mine. We both clashed and I felt my arm break from the force. I also saw All for One's arm taking a huge hit thanks to my strength as well as the chainsaws.

He pulled back and I jumped a little further. I healed my arm after stopping my heart.

Yet another spear zoomed towards me and I barely managed to avoid it. They were extremely fast, it was really testing my reflexes.

"You ruined my chances of conquring everything, and you still stand in my way when you should be dead!" All for One raged on. A spear slashed my side but adrenaline refused to make me feel any of it.

I saw another coming for my heart. My arm became a katana and I parried it away at the last moment.

I threw both my flintlock pistols. They flew on each side of All for One. I teleported to one and I shot the bullet while making the other one shoot as well. From the angle I was at, both the bullets hit him in the side.

I rolled on the floor but quickly stood up, watching as All for One recovered instantly.

All Might was still down, the reinforcements couldn't get in close. Bakugou had to keep quiet, if he tried to leave then he would draw attention to himself.

I rushed him again and another spear was shot. I slid on the floor to avoid it and I used my katana to stab him in the leg. He quickly used his mutated arm to throw me away.

While I was in the air I made my body turn towards him and my arms became Miniguns. They shot thousands of bullets and All for One did his best to find cover.

I landed and a flamethrower came out of my knee. The flames engulfed the cover he was hiding behind so he used one of his quirks to go above the wreckage.

I stopped the flamethrower and I quickly made a rocket launcher on my back. I shot it and it slammed All for One back on the floor. I ran at him again and was about to shoot more minigun ammunition, that's when I noticed the weapon turning towards Bakugou.

I threw my knife towards Bakugou and teleported. I heard the machine go off so I grabbed Bakugou and I threw my flintlock, teleporting to the other side of the field.

"Look here, All for One" I growled out, gently pushing Bakugou to go behind a large slab of concrete. "You can stand me over and over. You can even kill me over and over. But when you mess with my students, then you're really asking me to do my worst"

All for One spread his arms out so he can gather more power. I took this as my opportunity. All Might got up and grabbed Bakugou, retreating far back with the reinforcements. All citizens in the area had been evacuated, they knew what I was planning to do.

I threw my knife and it hit All for One right in the chest. Before he could take it out, I teleoprted over, my arm replaced the knife as I stabbed the katana in his chest. I grabbed my flintlock with my other hand and threw it as high as I could.

I used weapon teleportation again, this time taking All for One with me. Once we started to fall again, I formed my body into a bomb. It wasn't strong enough to hit the whole city, but it'll cause excessive damage to the battlefield.

All for One tried to get away but the katana was keeping him from leaving. The rest of my body became the shape of a nuke and we were falling full speed to the floor.

"No! You won't take me down like this! Not again!" He yelled desperately.

'Bye, All for One. This is for all the suffering you've caused'

I thought before finally making contact with the floor. The only thing the community could feel was the high winds that were picked up from when we decended from the sky. The heroes were close enough to see the explosion taking over majority of the war zone.

I heaved heavy breaths as I stood above All for One. Once again, I had taken him down. Once again, I had saved this very city from his wrath.

I looked over and saw that the explosion had melted all the metal, turning it into dust.

I was taken out of my thoughts when I heard the chants of my name, just like the chants that would ring when I was a hero.

A hero.

But I retired.

Heroes get remembered, but Legends never die.

I guess I was a Legend all along.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 136 21
Palingenesis- A concept of recreation or rebirth. Being in a similar situation to Pro Hero Hawks, Y/n L/n is contracted through the JHC to eliminate...
952 45 16
A story about how you got teleported into My Hero's Academia. You know what going to happen, you know the future. You try to live your life as peacef...
28.2K 500 57
(n.) a moment when you suddenly feel that you understand. or suddenly become conscious of something that is very important to you Warning- Will conta...
34.2K 663 19
this book is very old and cringy "Mom? Dad?" "They're gone, Y/N..." "Why did they leave me behind? Did they hate me that much...?" "No. They loved yo...