Killing Game Busters

DhizKCH द्वारा

A canon divergence Killing Game AU. What if Miu managed not to be killed by Gonta? And then chase after Kokic... अधिक

Prologue
Sorting Out
More Questions And Answers
Meeting...
Could I...
Patching
Initiation
In Motion
Exploration
Motive
Secrets
A Move
Dealing
Knew What To Do
Avert
Facing the Ms
Doubt
Belief
Compromise
Preparations
Operation: Underway
Operation: Discovery
Operation: Forward
Plan: Start
Plan B
Plan: Greatest
Few Steps Ahead
With A Step Back
Just Dancing...
The Masquerade
Bold In Tragedy
Underlined With... Comedy?
The Masks Are On
Lets Stay In The Shadows
This is...
The Masks of Tragedy and Comedy
To The Final Curtain Call
Into A New Game
Sides And Everything In Between

Decisions

1.5K 43 108
DhizKCH द्वारा

Miu had absolutely no idea how to process all that.

In fact, she was still shocked at such a revelation.

To end. To escape.

Miu felt she finally understood the difference.

After all, they were kidnapped. They were forced into the killing game. And when they escaped? Will they just come back for them? Force them into another killing game?

End the killing game. To destroy it. To make sure it never happens again.

There's a difference and Miu in a sense now understood Kokichi a little better in that area. She felt that Gonta also reached to the same conclusion.

To no longer want to just escape. To prevent another Rantaro... they will do everything they could to end the game. But how...? Why... why was this happening? Although...

"Can't we go back to the mastermind's lair?" Miu asked, "I think it's time we get all our answers to these stupid questions. But first... I need some tools from my Lab."

Rantaro's reveal was the hammer to everything they knew were lies, smashing to the real truth of their situation, a situation so blatantly ignored and never even known... until now.

And it was damn right that Motherkuma knew everything. It's time it spat out those answers, no more nice inventor. And after everything, she felt like she had the perfect plan for it.

"Sure, sure," Kokichi agreed easily, although his eyes warily looked at Miu as if in wondering, in paranoia.

That was his style Miu guessed, not that she blamed him. She was that paranoid a long time ago, still was if she were completely honest herself. Forgetting they were in the killing game and letting your own guard down was the highest stupidity.

"If anything, how bout we meet in your Lab in half an hour. I have stuff to do," Kokichi said.

"You do?" Miu narrowed her eyes while Gonta too although it was just suspiciously. Kokichi was not dense not to notice that.

"What the fuck do you think I can do in half an hour? Seriously, I'm not a being of mass destruction, guys."

"... Yet," Miu muttered. Really, a lot of things can be used to describe Kokichi but harmless isn't one of them. Otherwise, it is perfectly reasonable to assume Kokichi a being of mass destruction.

"... If Iruma-san at Lab, then what Ouma-kun going to do?" Gonta asked. He had the right idea: it was necessary to know what Kokichi's up to.

"Hmm... I'm going to the End Wall and try to climb outta there, so wish me luck. But that's a lie, of course! I'm just off to my own Lab. I haven't basked in it's glory long enough," Kokichi said.

Really? Then, why didn't Miu believe it? Maybe she was all too wary of Kokichi's lies anyway to the point she will disbelieve everything.

"Umm... Gonta also have stuff to do, so this good idea," Gonta said.

What? Even Gonta? When he was always insistent to hang out with Miu and Kokichi making sure they didn't do anything 'regrettable'?

"Gonta... just want to think things through. Too much to think about, so Gonta want to be alone for a while," Gonta clarified his intent and for all it's worth, Miu doesn't blame that thinking.

After all, the new information was practically mind blowing, so mind blowing that Miu, well... Miu was slowly...-

"So if we are finally done here, how about we get out now?" Kokichi asked, breaking Miu from her thoughts and heading towards the door. Miu followed. But Gonta stood still, with his head hung low and praying before he followed the duo.

"Hmm... what was that for, Gonta?" Kokichi asked.

"Well... although Gonta don't know those people, they probably used to be Amami-kun's friends. And... Gonta just want to pay respects. For Amami-kun, since he never seen his Lab."

That was something. Honestly, the big guy is always too nice it's bordering on angelic. He says it's because he wants to be a gentleman, but Miu can't honestly, for the life of her, ever think that gentlemen these days have this level of kindness.

Then, Gonta left them around the second floor, bidding Miu and Kokichi farewell with parting words, "Please get along, Ouma-kun, Iruma-san."

He said it with such a worried tone and both Miu and Kokichi knew why, considering their circumstances and being alone together once again, without Gonta, as a mediator... a third person who was there to make sure one doesn't kill the other...

Sure they were alone together once during Kokichi's little experiment but only for a brief while. And it ended somewhat... OK, but unfinished. And here's round two.

She looked at Kokichi in silence. There had so much to say but said nothing at all. In the end, after their brief stint alone, it was like a mutual decision to more or less bury the hatchet. They still acted the same and that was it.

It's strange that they didn't become enemies for this, but they obviously weren't friends either. As they never trusted each other... and probably never will. And they were overall fine with that.

Miu knew Kokichi was up to something, and she wanted to probe at it like hell, but he would probably lie his way out and Miu didn't have time for that bullshit. It was better to get everything out from Motherkuma itself and then...

And then...?

For some reason, Miu didn't like thinking about that. Sure, and then they get all the answers, a plan was made and they all get out.

If she can.

Because Miu might be all that... but, she wasn't. Sure, she talked big. She was eating up this second chance, but when it came down to it, can she really do it? Can she carry on a plan, that will get her and the others... out of here alive?

Miu did not forget her promise to Kiibo. Miu did not forget Gonta's promise to her. Miu did not forget the VR fiasco, nor the fact that Kokichi said she should give herself a second chance when she felt a smidgen of guilt.

"You are shaking in your boots, Iruma-chan. Getting cold feet?" Kokichi asked, when he turned around and assessed Miu.

"Fuck no!" Miu shouted, and like that, all her nerves vanished, as she became the gorgeous girl genius, the girl that takes no shit from others and gives shit to them instead. The girl that was always at the fucking top of the world and could do anything, who has a solid plan to gather information from the shota and Motherkuma. Right?

"You are still shaking," Kokichi quipped, "Are you... scared?"

"What makes you say that? You should get your eyes checked!" Miu retorted.

"But you are a terrible liar," Kokichi pointed out, "You have to do so much better to out lie a liar."

Of course, he pulls out his 'liar can spot other's lies' card.

But what's wrong with being scared?! This gorgeous girl genius is getting too much shit in this killing game that it would have made a weaker person buckle on their knees. Almost killed, target on the back, multiple killing games, the possibility of going back even if she survived... That stupid possibility...

"Why...?" Miu's voice cracked a little, because Rantaro's video was something like the last straw. Just like those meteorites.

"Why did this have to happen to us? We... we are all going to die anyway, aren't we? And if we don't, then... then...!"

The fact that this killing game that promised death and repeat... just like what had happened with Rantaro... Miu didn't want that, and that became her final straw. Because it was insane, stupid, crazy, unbelievable!

And the strong shell broke to make way for the weaker self, the one rightfully scared of her own wellbeing.

Because finally, no matter how much after the VR fiasco... that she kept telling herself everything will be fine, that this gorgeous girl genius can do something, that the Killing Game Busters that happened was a stepping stone to escape, that everything will be alright, the promises and second chances she should keep, the possibility that she might not die in this killing game after all...

Those were all her lies. The fierce cocky personality as an inventor finally gave way to a more vulnerable and masochistic personality, something she secretly suppressed all this time although not well enough.

And for some reason, like a fire truck, all this had to hit her. Miu knew she was going to break from Rantaro's video, when that avocado said all that shit... but she broke much faster than she anticipated... and in front of Kokichi no less.

Kokichi actually walked towards her and then patted her on the back as he said, in a monotone but gentle voice, "Let it all out. It's OK to be overwhelmed."

Miu had convinced herself she had everything under control. That if she had her genius plan under the works, everything will be fine.

But there are still so many risks, and she hated risks. Miu was still determined to do everything she can to get out of here alive but became scared for her own mortality. Scared against most other people who never gave her any shit.

Still Miu didn't want to give up and she wasn't, but she was scared... everything she was learning made her feel more trapped. As in escaping and being brought back here? That was terrifying.

However, the last thing that she wanted was to completely break down in front of Kokichi and get his pity. Her pride didn't allow it so she sucked a deep breath and pushed herself far away from Kokichi as she put her hands on her hip.

"Like I need any of your fucking pity. I'm fine! I just have to psyche myself, ya know? After all, makes it seem this killing game is impossible to escape from, ya know? Survivors of past killing games going to another. Hahaha. That's not funny at all," Miu said.

They were not friends. They distrusted each other. But Miu didn't mind letting out some of her pent up, vulnerable emotion to Kokichi. And Kokichi received without even making fun of her like his usual persona would.

And there again was only silence like the time when Kokichi let her stew in her feelings after her fact that people betray and her plea that she will do anything if she can get out. But this time...

"You look like you have something to say so spit it out," Miu said. She remembered back then Kokichi wanted to say something but respectfully stayed silent. This time, she wanted to know what he thought.

Kokichi looked shocked at that but he talked anyway.

"Are you sure you want to hear what a liar like me says?" Kokichi asked.

"Then use whatever is not a liar inside you to answer me. If you are holding in something, just let it all out. I wanna know," Miu said.

Before she knew it, Kokichi took out a can of Panta from who knows where, shook it and fizzed at her.

"What the fuck?" Miu asked, wiping away the juice from her face as Kokichi gave away a shit eating grin.

"Do you know that 70% of my body is made out of lies and the rest is Panta?" Kokichi asked.

"That doesn't mean you get to spray me with the damn drink!" Miu shouted.

"But it was fun!"

"You insufferable..."

"Your welcome."

"As if I ever gave you a fucking thanks."

And then they were arguing which annoyed Miu. Can't the guy take things seriously? But then...

"Yeah... you look much better now, Iruma-chan," Kokichi quipped.

"Coz you wanted to see my tits?" Miu asked, flashing her soaked shirt revealing them with a mischievous smile. If he wanted to fucking see 'em, let him, although... it was a little embarrassing if she would admit...

"No interest in cow udders, sorry not sorry. But it's much better to be happy than worrying about all that stuff, isn't it?"

"... That was your intention all along," Miu said pointedly to which Kokichi gave a placid smile.

"Is it?" Kokichi asked, "But don't you feel better? Better than worrying like a madmen. Better to get your head in the game, eyes on the prize, right? And take this moment for all its worth because I just don't want my inventing bitch going the deep end and killing like an idiot, OK?"

... And a possible moment ruined so Miu decided to say, "Fuck you."

"Gladly~"

"... But how?" Miu asked, a question lingering in her mind.

"Hmm...?" Kokichi asked.

"How will you actually end the killing game? How do you stop something like this?" Miu asked.

She wanted to know this the most. She wanted to know there was a way. She wanted to know it was possible.

And then she can truly stop panicking, be less afraid because if the possibility exists...

Kokichi closed his eyes briefly but kept the same expression on his face before he said, "By ruining it."

"How will you do you that?"

"That's a secret~ See ya on the flipside, Iruma-chan," Kokichi finally said when they neared his Lab and he went under before Miu could even say anything. Damn, she still had so many questions.

But Miu really did feel better, especially after letting some of it out. And Kokichi was right, there was no point worrying. The odds were always stacked against them, so they had to work with it anyway.

Finally, Miu made her way to her own Lab, looking through her inventions.

Because Motherkuma... she really did have the perfect plan. Maybe all the questions would be really answered. Maybe they would find something against this game and use it.

As she chose the correct inventions and modified some of them, she felt soothed, the events lodging at the back of her mind as she let her work consume her even if she did break down before. But work was really what she needed to keep herself in check.

Somehow she didn't have long with that, as she heard, "Hey Iruma."

It was neither Gonta nor Kokichi and she wasn't stupid enough to forget that the motive was still underway and it targeted people so she got the nearest tool, a hammer which flashed her back to there but ignored it, and turned around to the other person.

"I have a hammer and I'm not afraid to use it!" Miu cried out as if she was wielding a knife and the other person she saw, Kaito Momota immediately backed away hands raised as he tried to pacify Miu:

"Hey, hey, it's just me, Kaito Momota, Luminary of the Stars! I just need your help, Iruma!"

"My help...?" Miu asked, surprised by this out of the blue request and lowered the hammer but did not let it go.

"Yea... yeah," Kaito said, rubbing the back of his head, "And can you put down the hammer?"

But it just made Miu tighten on it more. Like hell she was stupid.

"Just spit out what you want with me space bub. What the fuck do you want with me anyway?"

Kaito Momota, it was strange he was here because in all honesty, Miu and him don't get along well. Whenever they talked to each other, they argued a lot because despite being loud together, they were quite different so they tend to stay away from each other.

So why was he here now, unless...? But he said he wanted Miu's help. Since when does anyone, except for Kokichi and Kiibo these days, need Miu's help?

"Well, it's just that the motive got me thinking," Kaito started which made Miu reflexively gripped the hammer tighter, "And I feel like it's getting more dangerous. We need to defy Monokuma and get out of here. And I remembered, in the virtual world, you are really good with inventions Iruma. Maybe if you made something that can help us defy Monokuma..."

"Why fucking ask me now? Course I have ways to make great inventions but why ask now of all times?"

"Better late than never," Kaito said a little forcefully, "After all, I- I mean, we don't have much time left."

A slip. He didn't have much time... what was he talking about? Is something wrong with him?

That worried Miu because that meant desperation and desperation in a killing game... meant death, some way, somehow. But...

"Sure I could, you came to the right place but what's the damn plan?"

To hell if she was having another Kaede and Shuichi. That's why she was asking. She asked the same thing to Kokichi after that gym meet just in case. Although openly defying Monokuma was suicidal, it didn't seem like the scheming murder like... before. So she gave in.

Also because Kokichi had ways with words. Unfortunately, especially that.

And how about Kaito?

"Easy. You make something that can destroy Monokuma and the Exisals. Like bombs or an override remote. Or any weapons really. As long as they can pack a punch towards the bear."

How nearly similar this was to Kokichi's plan... at least the one he told her except not as detailed, but that was an idiot for you. So Miu will give the same answer as she saw fit.

"Absolutely not. Why the hell would I openly defy Monokuma like that? There's still the Exisals and I doubt that any weapon can do actual shit against them."

Because a giant mecha robot VS a human. Damn straight easy to know which one would have won.

"Don't say it like that!" Kaito declared, "You won't know unless you try. Aren't you tired of being pushed around by that bear?"

"Damn right I am, but what's the use of defying it when you might die for it?!" Miu asked. No use on going suicidal missions.

"But it's better than doing nothing! We have to do something!" Kaito exclaimed.

Something, yes... that was what Miu sought after the VR fiasco, something that Kokichi and Gonta did too which came about the KGB, but...

"But I don't want to die."

The only difference is that they were smart enough not to risk their own lives by getting all the facts and staying in the shadows unlike Kaito. One of the reasons that the two do not get along. Kaito was stupid in that regard and Miu didn't tolerate that.

So, she said the same thing she told Kokichi when he gave a similar plan to Kaito's.

"So don't involve me," Miu said firmly, "I will make your fucking tools, so give me a few days. But don't involve me. If you do succeed then I will do anything to get out of here."

Kokichi had accepted that quietly.

"But we need you Iruma. We need all of you."

Yet Kaito refused it straight up.

"We need all the help we can get. Me, you, Harumaki, Shuichi... everyone."

"Have you told anyone about this?"

"Not yet," Kaito shook his head, "Once the inventions are finished, then I will tell them. So please... I will do anything..."

Kaito suddenly dropped to his knees and bowed to Miu.

"What the fuck?" Miu asked. Please don't tell her...

"I heard from Shuichi that he had to bow to you for your inventions and I'm willing to do the same thing, because we need them Iruma!"

How exactly desperate was he?! What the fuck happened?!

"F- fine! I never said I wasn't going to do it," Miu said, unbelieving that the second time someone bowed to her and she still felt... uneasy about it. Fuck it, there must be strange powers in bowing.

Kaito suddenly got up and smiled, "Thanks a lot, Iruma. I promise you... we will get out of here. That bear won't know what will hit him. And you will help us too. There is a better chance with more numbers, right?"

Before Miu could say anything, Kaito already left. Oh, fuck him. She can't believe this was happening. She blamed Kaede and Shuichi for making her weak to bowing. But whose to say she couldn't use this?

There was no point worrying. Life moved forward. But Miu thought it better to inform Kokichi and Gonta about this bit. She wondered what they will do...

Strange, even when Miu had her own plan, she still came to the KGB for help, as well as information, but why not? Like the fact of the mastermind room which they will go in half an hour's time.

Little did she know, there would be a minor setback in that.

***

"What do you want, Shirogane-chan?" Kokichi asked, with a small smile. It just happened. After finishing his business and getting what he wanted to be brought back to his room, he was assaulted by both Himiko and Tsumugi who were both surprisingly strong despite their appearances or he was weak, damn his short stature.

And now he was brought (kidnapped) to the Ulitmate Cosplayer's Lab around the same time he was supposed to meet Gonta and Miu in her Lab.

Luckily he somehow met Gonta on the way out of the dorms and subtly passed a message along. He hoped Gonta was smart enough to understand, despite his naive idiocy at times, and that Miu too will get it and do what was needed. It's strange that he would put a lot of faith towards the duo when Kokichi wouldn't in any other day, but...

So far they have surprised him too much, ever since that fiasco where they always corner him, made connections they would never have before, followed him around and even helped him.

He knew that they probably had ulterior motives such as himself did, but at the same time... it had been more beneficial to him than not. So... surprise him some more. And get the damn hint. So his job here will be well worth it; distracting and occupying Tsumugi.

"Well, it was the moment I saw you in that ballerina costume that I knew... knew that you would be the perfect model for all my new cosplays. Of course the motive totally ruined some of my cosplay but my most important ones are still intact. And you really do have the perfect trap body as Yumeno-san said. Maybe you will look good in Gothic Lolita-"

"And I'm gonna stop you right there," Kokichi said, "I admit to my trap body. It's not a lie, but that does not mean I will dress up as Gothic Lolita. No way, absolutely not. Not in a bajillion years."

"But you would look like a certain gambler except mini size! And I'm sure you will look great at it since you are both liars and it could be cosplay at its-"

"No," Kokichi was adamant. No Gothic Lolita dress. The last time he wore one... he still didn't know how it happened, but in Transylvania, it ended up him kidnapped in a vampire's coven, where the obviously not real vampires, just delusional cannibals (do they count as cannibals if they suck people's blood?) due to his dress, pale and beautiful skin befitting of a vampire princess. God help him, it was funny and not at the same time.

"You say it like you had a choice..." Tsumugi said, and then quicker than lightning, he was suddenly in the same Gothic Lolita dress.

Kokichi, astonished, spun around to see Tsumugi with a triumphant smirk, "You really do look so cute. I can't wait until I get the camera."

Kokichi gritted his teeth. It's not that he wasn't used to being crossdressed. After all, sometimes disguises were needed in his organization so it just happens, but still...

If it were anyone else... maybe he wouldn't have such a tight guard against Tsumugi Shirogane, mastermind and part of the kidnappers putting them in this situation. Why would Tsumugi risk herself at the same time was beyond Kokichi but the point still stands that she was mostly the reason for their suffering.

Kokichi sighed internally. He might as well go with it. Any other time, he would just play along with it and choose to take the situation for his own benefit. What's stopping him from using the same strategy?

But damn did he still hate the Gothic Lolita, as he fiddled the dress bitterly.

"Give me back my clothes. Do you know how expensive they are to keep it like that? I can sue you if you somehow dirty those clothes," Kokichi said.

"No can do, Ouma-kun," Tsumugi shook her head defiantly even though with a threat of sueing in the air, "Let's wait until I get the camera. I really need to take pictures of this masterpiece. But until then, would you like a drink?"

Tsumugi's Lab was a large place with a revolving set piece that was once a castle, then a classroom and then a bathtub? Kokichi had no idea what to make of the last one. There was another permanent set piece of a gothic style theme. And finally a bar which he honestly thought was another set piece until Tsumugi went to the front of the counter and started bringing out drinks.

"Of course they are all non-alcoholic and might as well have a drink before going ahead to our cosplay frenzy. I'm sure you will look good with Madoka cosplay coz it will look cute. Or Sailor Moon! And then, there's maid, plenty maid costumes that would definately suit you! But I think a short skirt would be nice! Maybe Umaru-chan because you would look cute in a hamster outfit. And you are no Hoshi-kun, but you have cat like features that might suit you to be Morgana but... nah. Maybe Joker woud suit you better. Oh, how about Kaitou Kid? He wears all white like you and you would look so dashing in a monocle and top hat and-"

"Is this your idea of killing me, Shirogne-chan?" Kokichi finally asked.

"Huh, of course not," Tsumugi protested frantically, "What do you mean anyway? It's not like I'm poisoning any of these drinks."

"No, I mean your cosplay. Because are you trying to tire me to death? Or traumatise me? That sounds cruel, even for you, Shirogane-chan," Kokichi said.

"Come on, that has to be a lie. It's not all too bad. You also have the perfect body to cosplay and don't worry, you are not the only one that I want to cosplay with. After all, don't they say that cosplay is best with plenty of people? That's why there are so many conventions over the world! Oh... and here you go," Tsumugi said, as she slid a cocktail over to Kokichi.

"What drink is this?" Kokichi asked, as he shook the drink a little and heard the clinking of ice over the glass.

"It's a Roy Rogers. A mocktail made with cola and grenadine syrup, with maraschino cherry. It's one of the easier recipes and it gives a nice fizzy sweetness to it. Since you like carbonated drinks, I thought this would be OK."

Still, Kokichi did not drink, just clinking the ices together in the glass which Tsumugi noticed and said, "Of course it's not poisoned. You worry too much, Ouma-kun."

"Cheers then," Kokichi said, knowing he had to drink eventually so he took a sip and it was not bad at all.

Tsumugi was whipping up her own mocktail before taking a sip herself, "What's taking him so long? He should be here with the camera by now."

"Him?" Kokichi asked. He thought it would be Himiko who brought the camera, considering she was the one that aided Tsumugi in kidnapping him. She said something like 'Revenge for the thing at the girl's bathroom.' But honestly, Kokichi didn't care. Some necessary evil have always been needed to move forward. If evil wasn't needed, then wars would never happen.

"Ah... nothing, nothing. It's a surprise," Tsumugi said slyly. Kokichi didn't like that. Honestly, at this point, he wasn't sure of Tsumugi's purpose this time around.

Maybe she was keeping pretences. Maybe she was letting off steam. Either way, it didn't seem Tsumugi was going to confront Kokichi about what he's up to, and what he knew.

Miu and Kokichi are at the chopping block. They both knew it. From the Flashback Light, with that little stupid ending about not beating the killing game, he was very sure that Tsumugi was at least aware. 

But he refused to give Tsumugi anything to work with. Because outright asking her what she wanted with the knowledge that Kokichi most definitely knew Tsumugi was the mastermind was risky as hell. The confirmation shouldn't be given.

He wanted Tsumugi to start that one out of sheer principle. He wanted to deal with the mastermind in his own terms. So he will play for a while and pull the rug underneath when she least expect it.

And then the door opened.

"Oh, Shirogane-san, here's the camera yo- Ouma-kun, what are you doing here? And why are you wearing that dress?"

Kokichi schooled a nonchalant impression. So Shuichi was the 'him' that Tsumugi mentioned but why him? Why him, and not Miu? Or even Gonta? The people that derailed the killing game when no murder happened in that virtual world. Does Tsumugi really have no ulterior motive as the mastermind to kidnap Kokichi here?

Because... why Shuichi?

"Oh, Saihara-chan! Do you like what you see?" Kokichi asked as he winked at Shuichi and showed off the dress. Making Shuichi blush, a predictable reaction. And Tsumugi squealed, a less predictable reaction. Tsumugi took the camera and quickly snapshot Kokichi in that pose before he could stop.

Tsumugi also closed the door of her Lab, trapping both Shuichi and Kokichi inside with an almost deranged smile on her face that Shuichi immediately picked up and stutter, "Shi- Shirogane-san?!"

"I'm glad that you are here too because I can now cosplay you and Ouma-kun!" Tsumugi declared.

"Cos- cosplay?!" Shuichi stuttered like he now wanted to be somewhere else than here, "Why... why me?"

"Yeah, why Saihara-chan?" Kokichi asked. He really was curious.

"Why not?" Tsumugi asked, "He's the splitting image of Naoto Shirogane from Persona 4 and I have always been itching to cosplay him like that. You rarely have people that are splitting images of your favorite characters like Toujou-san who could be a great 2B from Nier: Automota or Hoshi-kun in the Morgana costume! But unfortunately, I will never have the chance to even ask..."

Tsumugi sounds regretful about that. Is she really? After everything she's done...

"And the pop idol costume on you, Saihara-kun! Like Ouma-kun, it's as if some creativity deity struck me and to let out all my pent frustrations thanks to everything happening recently, I just had to cosplay the both of you."

"You know, Saihara-kun, other than Naoto Shirogane, I think you can get away with cosplaying many female characters too. I'm sure you will look good in a maid costume... and oh! How about Shizuo? And Ouma-kun can be Izaya. That will be quite interesting indeed."

"And you can even cosplay a few of my ships, both of you, because the phantom thief x detective trope is so awesome that I have read so many fanfiction... and I always wanted a chance to reenact a few of them."

"Maybe I could get Saihara-kun dressed up as Akechi and Ouma-kun as Joker or Saihara-kun as Shinichi Kudo... they even almost have the same first names... and Ouma-kun as Kaitou Kid, although Cokai is preferable but Kaishin is good too..."

"And what about us? What if we don't want to do this, Shirogane-chan?" Kokichi asked, already feeling dread already. It was becoming obvious now, with 'everything happening recently' that Tsumugi was using Kokichi as an outlet for all her frustrations of killing game gone wrong considering that Tsumugi had pegged him as a threat and thus deemed everything that went wrong as his fault, probably.

And Shuichi was simply caught in a crossfire, and from what he heard, other than the detective x phantom thief trope, it seemed Shuichi was a worthy candidate of cosplay. Sucks to be him, but at least Kokichi had company in possible suffering.

"Yea... yeah, Shirogane-san," Shuichi said, "I remembered you telling me that cosplay should be done with love. But if you are forcing us to do it, there won't be any love in it, will there?"

It seemed that was enough to make Tsumugi come to her senses, and she finally said, "... I know. But I have been stuck here so long without any manga, anime or even con that I just wanted someone to cosplay with me. At first I wanted Harukawa-san to do it because I heard she was in a cosplay convention once but seeing you both in those costumes just flashes inspiration for me."

Then, Tsumugi pointed at them, almost in accusation, "So I'm begging you. I won't stop begging until you agree!"

"Shiro- Shirogane-san," Shuichi stuttered, unsure whether he can handle such a change in personality from the normally meek Tsumugi. Kokichi was surprised too. Because what kind of pent up frustrations tipped her off the edge? Wait, did he really have to ask? But still, this was borderline scary.

"So please! It won't take too long! I just need some pictures, and maybe a few BL scenes because I can't get enough yaoi-"

"BL scenes? With Saihara-chan? Wow... are you jumping the gun, Shirogane-chan?" Kokichi asked with a smirk.

"BL scenes... with Ouma-kun. Boy's love? I don't like Ouma-kun that way!"

How could anyone not like such a handsome boy that is Kokichi Ouma? But it was fine all the same. He had much better things to do than fall in love in a stupid killing game after all. So...

"Yeah, he's still hung up over his girlfriend. How rude to even suggest this to poor Saihara-chan..." Kokichi said, as he got up and decided to change back to his clothes.

"Ou- Ouma-kun..." Shuichi said, looking flustered and maybe a bit hurt. Well, Kaede was a very close friend of Shuichi's so it was a given...

"I didn't mean it like that," Tsumugi said, "I'm sorry, but it's cosplay so you just have to act the part. It doesn't mean that you have to be a real couple... although it's cute, all you have to- wait, where is Ouma-kun?"

"Huh?" Shuichi asked, before both Tsumugi and Shuichi saw that Kokichi had climbed up to one of Tsumugi's windows in the Lab.

Trying to unlock the window with great concentration.

"Wha- what are you doing, Ouma-kun?" Tsumugi asked.

"Ge- get down there, Ouma-kun," Shuichi said with concern. But Kokichi simply laughed.

"Oh... if my beloved Saihara-chan says so! But that's a lie! LIBERTY!"

Even if he had to occupy Tsumugi while Miu and Gonta were doing that, not only did he not want to go through any cosplay, Tsumugi chasing him may waste her time better than any cosplay.

"But we are at the fifth floor. How... how are you going to get away safely?" Shuichi asked.

Kokichi snorted, "Safety is for losers." And then, with a satisfying click, the window was now open, "Kokichi Ouma, awa- ack!"

"And you think I will let you?" Tsumugi asked, as she held tightly to his leg belts as she had rushed to climb the window so that Kokichi was mid-jump and slammed onto the sill of the window. Which FYI was painful but not so thanks to blocking most of the damage with his arms but still... damn it hurts.

"Form.... a contract with me!" Tsumugi said in a nearly demented wail as she pleaded.

"Hell no! Were you trying to kill me, Shirogane-chan? And that is how many times already?" Kokichi asked.

"That would be much better than escaping through the roof of a building on the fifth floor, wouldn't it?" Tsumugi asked.

"Shirogane-san is right, Ouma-kun," Shuichi said, "Cosplay couldn't be that bad, right? Shirogane-san... how about you choose the right cosplays for us and I will make sure Ouma-kun won't run away."

"Betrayal!" Kokichi pouted but Tsumugi was delighted at the idea and said, "Thanks, Saihara-kun."

And that was how Tsumugi with the help of Shuichi pulled Kokichi away from the window, then Tsumugi looking for the perfect cosplay as Shuichi was supposed to keep an eye on Kokichi.

And that was when Shuichi took Kokichi's hand and ran away, kicking the door down which was unattended. Unfortunately, Tsumugi noticed when she stuck her head out and shouted, "Hey wait!"

But she was too late as Shuichi and Kokichi ran away, heading outside of the Academy, with Shuichi saying, "Hopefully, there are more places to hide here..."

"Wow, you also really want to get out of that hell so badly, huh, Saihara-chan?" Kokichi asked.

"Umm... I won't call it hell, but I have better things to do than the cosplay, and the photo shoot... doesn't sound appealing to me," Shuichi said.

"Ah, still so shy, huh, Saihara-chan?" Kokichi asked, grinning.

"It's... nothing like that," Shuichi said, realizing that his hand was still clutching towards Kokichi and let it go to pull down a non-existent cap, a habit that didn't seem to go away. Kokichi put his hands at the back of his head, wondering when he would notice the hand holding.

Anyway, being partners in crime with Shuichi wasn't so bad... at least not the idiot Kaito or even worse, killer Maki.

Soon, they were out of breath, where they both rested against the pillars with each looking at the other in silence.

"Yo- You think we lost her?" Shuichi asked.

Kokichi looked around and shouted, "Oh no, run away, Saihara-chan! She's right behind us!"

"Wha-?" Shuichi asked with a start as he quickly got up but Kokichi laughed as he said, "But that's a lie."

"Ouma-kun..." Shuichi sighed, fairly annoyed. Despite being annoyed, he also seem relieved. Probably because Tsumugi had yet to catch up with them.

"You should have been used to it now. After all, I'm a liar," Kokichi said with a smile. Shuichi sighed again.

"You are right about that," Shuichi said, admitting that Kokichi was a liar but not doing anything about it, just finding out more about it. That was one of the things that piqued Kokichi's interest, enough to gauge whether he would be a trustworthy ally before even Miu and Gonta came to the fold although he was now working with them.

Shuichi could be useful... although he was unsure, but as a detective... Kokichi decided.

"Ah well... so long as we are here, it's time to torture you and send you to your death," Kokichi said happily.

"Wai- Wha- why?" Shuichi asked, stuttering.

"You saw me in that Gothic Lolita. That is a heinous crime indeed, Saihara-chan. I won't be satisfied until I have your head on a platter," Kokichi said.

"But... that's a lie, isn't it?" Shuichi asked.

"Of course not! I hate lies and jokes after all."

A brief bout of silence before saying, "That's a lie. But I still want your life before you could blackmail me for what you have seen.

"I... I won't blackmail you, Ouma-kun," Shuichi said.

"Yeah, yeah, that's what they all say. But because I'm a benevolent evil supreme leader, I might let you live if you win a game with me... right now!"

"Are you sure? With Shirogane-san on the prowl...?"

"Don't worry! We can keep a lookout while playing and it's really a simple game!" Kokichi shouted, while taking out a Monocoin from his pocket.

Then, he flipped the coin and then swiftly, he caught the coin with his two hands and held out his fists towards Shuichi.

"Go ahead. Which one has the Monocoin in it? This one or this one?" He shook each fist as he said it.

Shuichi said, "But... but... how am I supposed to know-?"

"Oh, come on, are you the Ultimate Detective or not? You don't have much time, y'know that? Or else your life is forfeit! Tick tock. Tick tock."

"Umm..." Shuichi said, as he somehow looked around at both fists before his eye caught something, "Is that the Monocoin down there?"

Indeed, there was a Monocoin on the floor, and when Kokichi opened his fists, it was revealed there was no Monocoin in either fist. Kokichi sighed.

"Ah well... must have not caught the coin in time. Looks like a misplay so it's a draw. Your life is still safe but I demand a rematch," Kokichi said.

"Ah... um... OK? But I don't want to forfeit my life or anything," Shuichi said with an unsure smile. Ah... Shuichi really is something.
To play along with him like that.

"But you know... you could have won so easily, instead of a draw. Thank God, you didn't because I hate losing," Kokichi said.

"Huh? What do you mean?" Shuichi asked.

"Well... the moment you saw that coin on the floor, instead of calling my bluff, you could have easily won by just saying something like 'The coin is not in that fist' and you had be instantly right whichever you choose. But you didn't, huh? You have to be so much better than that Saihara-chan."

Shuichi seemed to be contemplating Kokichi's words as Kokichi continued, "You can't win a game by the rules. You have to think out of the box and play beyond the game. There are infinite ways to beat the game, not just the ones you know. You have to keep an open mind or else you will never reach the right endgame, y'knooow? Or else it will be the death of you! But that could be a lie~"

It was easy to see Shuichi's gears thinking as he processed Kokichi's words. Even though Kokichi was an annoying liar, at least Shuichi doesn't outright dismiss everything he says unlike the others. And it was always apparent, making Kokichi appreciate Shuichi at times like these.

'Will you get it, Mr. Detective? Will you understand the words laid out? Will you reach the truth and win the game when all else fails?' Kokichi thought.

A little back-up plan when all else fails. That's what he decides. But hopefully, it will never come to pass. Yet Kokichi can never be too careful.

But then, the moment was short-lived as Tsumugi jumped out of the bushes behind them and said, "I found you!"

"Run! Run like the wind!" Kokichi immediately shouted, as he sprinted away followed closely by Shuichi, "You will never take us alive!"

And on the chase went, enough to distract Tsumugi and hopefully get him out of cosplay hell. Hopefully.

***

Now, before everything happened, let's rewind time a bit, say when Gonta was back in his Lab. Around that time, with the devastating knowledge of the two people rule in Rantaro's Lab, Gonta decided to take action.

Honestly, he's done all he can... as a person, helped all he can to others because there was strength in numbers, but now... even with Miu and Kokichi by his side... kind of, Gonta was still alone in trying to protect his friends. Because he was just one person. But then, he remembered something. Something that could change everything.

That was why he made to his Lab. Sure for the reason to process everything, which he did and maybe cried a little because what Rantaro went through was really saddening. Although it was all too complicated, in the end, it didn't really change what Gonta should do and all it did was add another promise made to his friends. For Rantaro who went through so much.

But of course there was also another reason, a reason he wanted to keep quiet from Kokichi and Miu, but thought it was for their own good, and so here he was.

Because he remembered... that he had friends, many friends who can watch the others for him without endangering themselves. Although he had to ask them first.

"So can you please help Gonta?" Gonta asked to the bugs  in his Lab. The bugs were buzzing and Gonta can hear them loud and clear.

"You want us to keep an eye on your friends for you. And when one of them is in danger, you want us to try to buy you time so that you can come and rescue them?"

"Gonta think it might be too much to ask, so Gonta didn't ask until now, but Gonta... Gonta really want to do anything to make sure Gonta can protect friends. And that's why Gonta humbly request this," Gonta said, a pleading tone in voice.

Quieter buzzing and then, finally... he heard it.

"OK... you always nice to us. We don't mind doing this. And other classmates are fun. Had so much fun in Insect Meet and Greet."

"Thank you very much!" Gonta cried in delight, grateful. Hopefully, this will help the others in more ways than one...

And then, when Gonta let go some of his bugs to do the surveillance, Gonta still had free time in his hand and thought... maybe he should hang out with some others. After all, he had taken to vigilant watch over Kokichi and Miu to pass that duty to the bugs. He wondered what the others were doing, so he decided to check his Monopad which had shown where the others were.

Then, he saw Kiibo as the nearest to others, simply hanging around at the same floor, so Gonta proceeded to head to Kiibo's location and Kiibo was indeed walking around, mumbling.

"Kiibo-kun?" Gonta called out, as Kiibo rounded toward Gonta, a smile on his face.

"Hello, Gonta-kun. What are you doing here?"

"Gonta thought want to hang out more with friends, so see Kiibo-kun," Gonta said.

"Ah, that's nice of you, Gonta-kun. I will be glad to hang out with you," Kiibo said, who looked contemplative which Gonta picked up.

"Kiibo look sad. Why that? What's wrong?" Gonta asked.

"Oh... I'm not sad. Just worried. About the motive," Kiibo told Gonta.

"What wrong with motive? Gonta could help if Kiibo worried about it."

"Thank you, Gonta-kun, but... I don't really think you can help with this..." Kiibo muttered.

"Then, how about Kiibo-kun tell Gonta what on your mind instead? Gonta saw gentleman listening to worried friends and making them feel better. And Gonta as gentleman want to make Kiibo feel better, please?"

Kiibo seemed to be thinking, before he let out a smile and said, "Thank you. It's about the... motives."

"What about motives? For Kiibo-kun... bad?" Gonta asked softly.

"What motive isn't bad?" Kiibo asked with a wry smile, "But... it was really bad. Ouma-kun was right about the motive being a target one for the other classmates... and mine... was Iruma-san."

"Iruma-san?" Gonta asked, a little surprised. Gonta briefly remembered about the motives, and for Miu, Kokichi and Gonta himself... of their targets. Adding Kiibo's into the mix, it meant that the motives, as Kokichi predicted, were not one-on-one. Meaning that Kiibo wasn't Kokichi's because he got Miu's. That meant Maki's wasn't about Gonta's? Or Himiko's with Miu's?

Does that make things harder, then? Gonta hoped no one was going to kill. Gonta hoped they can keep themselves safe. Hopefully, he can-

His thoughts were cut off by Kiibo talking once again.

"Yes, Iruma-san. Of course I don't want to kill Iruma-san or anything, but I'm... worried for her," Kiibo said.

"Worried for Iruma-san?" Gonta asked. He remembered what his Flashback Light showed, but it didn't really make Gonta worried for Maki. Not at all as she was shown as an... enemy to him, separating him from his family. How do these Flashback Lights work? What did it show Kiibo, Gonta wondered.

But it wasn't gentlemanly to pry, so he didn't.

Before Kiibo can say anything, Gonta continued talking.

"Gonta understand that you are worried for Iruma-san. Gonta also worried for friends, but Gonta think..."

And his simplistic belief washed over as Gonta simply said.

"We all friends in the end. If Kiibo-kun worried about Iruma-san, then Kiibo-kun just be there for Iruma-san when she needs it."

Kiibo seemed to be thinking about his words as he finally let out a small smile, "Thank you, Gonta-kun. Your words mean so much. If you also need my help, then I will gladly assist!"

"Gonta glad about that. Does Kiibo-kun want to do anything with Gonta?" Gonta asked.

"Well, why not?" Kiibo asked, "Anything to get my mind off the motive. Why don't we watch movies?"

"Oh... then we can go watch bug documentaries together!" Gonta clapped in delight, but Kiibo winced.

"Umm... I had another show in mind. I... uh... wanted to understand romance more and Shirogane-san recommended I watched something called rom-coms to understand more about them."

"Gonta don't mind," Gonta said, "Gonta think romance beautiful and Gonta happy to watch it, but what are rom-coms?"

"According to Shirogane-san, rom-com stands for romantic comedy. She says not only is it lovely, there are also funny moments. Although she was still bitter there is no anime type rom-com, there were still some that stood out for her and she recommended to me."

"That very nice of Shirogane-san," Gonta said. Sure she might be the mastermind, but she could be a friend when she wanted to be, unlike Monokuma...

"Yes it is. It was better than Iruma-san's suggestion of how I should learn about romance..." Kiibo suddenly blushed.

"What is that?" Gonta asked curious.

"Nothing, nothing," Kiibo waved it away, "Let just watch the rom-com alright."

"OK," Gonta said because it was a fun way to spend time until Miu, Kokichi and Gonta had to meet at Miu's Lab.

And he was right although he didn't exactly get the rom-com and might have blushed a little when the characters blushed. Even though there was some comedy, neither Kiibo nor Gonta actually found it funny, more embarrassed at some moments or plain oblivious, not that they will ever know.

The rom-com was a twelve episode series but by the end credits of the second episode, something happened.

"Short purple haired boy trouble. Caught by witch and blue haired girl."

Meaning Kokichi was kidnapped by Himiko and Tsumugi. Gonta jumped up in surprise at this message sent by the bugs.

Kiibo was startled at Gonta's movement and stuttered a "Wha- what?"

Gonta looked sheepish and said, "Gonta remember Gonta had to do something important. Gonta thank Kiibo for letting Gonta spend time, but Gonta got to go."

Kiibo nodded, "I understand. Let's finish the rom-com series another time."

Gonta said a quick, "Thanks Kiibo-kun," before he left.

"... Coming out of the dorms. Can meet along the way. Good luck."

"Thank you, bug-san," Gonta said earnestly and was received with a "Your welcome."

And eventually, he was met with a Kokichi pinned and dragged by both Tsumugi and Himiko.

Even though he was informed about this, it didn't stop Gonta from being shocked at the scene so he had stuttered, "Wha- what's going on?"

Kokichi looked shocked to see Gonta at first but brought forth a burst of crocodile tears as he said, "Waah! Shirogane-chan and Yumeno-chan had kidnapped me because they want to sacrifice me!"

"Nyeeh, we aren't going to sacrifice you. We are just going to make you cosplay and take pictures of all of it," Himiko explained.

"Exactly," Kokichi complained, "You are going to sacrifice my pride and sanity. You monsters!"

"Oh, pay no attention to him Gonta-kun," Tsumugi reassured him, "It's all in good faith. Do you want to cosplay with me too?"

"Oooh, that's a great idea," Kokichi said, "Join in my suffering!"

"It's not going to be-" Tsumugi started but she was cut off abruptly by Kokichi.

"Nah, it was just a lie," Kokichi said nonchalantly, "Why would I want Gonta there with me? It will just give you ideas and I will suffer there longer..."

"Umm... it looks like Ouma-kun doesn't want to do it?" Gonta said, slowly trying to assess this situation, "So it better to let Ouma-kun go."

"No need for that," Tsumugi reassured Gonta again, "I'll make sure that Ouma-kun won't even regret this opportunity whatsoever! Once he forms a contract with me, he will thank me forever!"

"What contract?" Gonta asked, and even Himiko looked confused. But Kokichi kept a nonchalant expression on his face.

"A secret contract between cosplayers of course! And I will take my sweet time to make Ouma-kun agree with me on this front. Don't worry, transforming into your favourite characters hurts nobody," Tsumugi said.

"Wow... that sounds totally awesome! Take me away, then!" Kokichi said gleefully.

"Nyeh, really?" Himiko asked and then she muttered, although Gonta could hear, "Frog a better revenge..."

Gonta had absolutely no idea what a frog has anything to do with this worrying revenge of Himiko's but before he could call it out, Kokichi talked again.

"But it's a lie," Kokichi said smoothly, "Man, it sucks that I have been kidnapped. Now I can't do any evil leader stuff with my subordinates."

He must mean about the mastermind's lair. Gonta decided that he should try to stop this whole thing and let Kokichi be a free man, if not for those words.

"Ah well..." Kokichi sighed, "It looks like my subordinates have to do my job for me. I hope they can get enough information for my super duper evil plan."

"Nyeh... that's a lie isn't it? Since when did you have subordinates?" Himiko asked.

Kokichi pouted, "How rude. You forget that you are talking to the Ultimate Supreme Leader. Of course I have subordinates, at least 10000 of them!"

"Yeah... I did forget," Himiko admitted, "It's just that you are a liar and I assume that your talent and subordinates were a lie."

"How rude. My talent is totally completely true!" Kokichi declared.

"Yeah... that sounds like a lie," Himiko said.

Before Kokichi could even do a comeback for what may be the longest argument of he said, she said if it continued, Tsumugi said, "I think we wasted enough time already. I'm itching to get to my Lab already. Let's go!"

"Wh- wai-" Gonta tried to say wanting to remove Kokichi from their clutches but Kokichi looked back and subtly shook his head with a wink.

Gonta, stunned by that, left them be.

"Was Ouma-kun hinting something?" Gonta asked aloud.

"I wouldn't be surprise. Would you like us to still keep an eye on them?"

"Yes, of course," Gonta said cheerfully.

But now Gonta had to contemplate whatever Kokichi meant. Even though he was kidnapped, even though he doesn't want to do it...

What was Kokichi aiming for?

Maybe he should discuss with Miu.

With that resolution in mind, Gonta went to Miu's Lab, despite being a little early for it.

"Iruma-san...?" Gonta called out when he reached Miu's Lab where she looked hard at work with some inventions and she jumped up at the voice, aiming a ray gun at Gonta before she relaxed at who it was and let it down next to her.

"Don't scare me next time, bug man," Miu said with a sigh, "Guess all we have to do is wait for that gremlin."

"Uh... about that, Iruma-san..." Gonta said and he explained the events of Kokichi kidnapped to which Miu had her mouth wide open as she let out the first few words after being silent for the explanation.

"What the fuck?" Miu asked.

"Gonta don't know what to do about this..." Gonta admitted, "But Gonta think... Ouma-kun trying to tell Gonta something just now. So that's why Gonta didn't rescue him."

"Well, what is it?" Miu asked, arms crossed.

And Gonta told her about the conversation that went down, and Miu's eyebrows raised up.

"Does that gremlin... can he even...?" Miu shook her head frantically.

"What is it, Iruma-san?" Gonta asked, not getting it.

Miu repeated a few words:

"'It looks like my subordinates have to do it without me. I hope they can get enough information for super duper evil plan.' Isn't that what Ouma said?" Miu asked.

"Something like that," Gonta said, "But what does that have to do with anything?"

"It has everything to do with it. Even though I don't believe it..." Miu shook her head.

"It means that we are going to the mastermind's lair now while Ouma distracts Shirogane."

That was surprising because Kokichi was a distrustful person to a fault. And he rather do lots of things by himself, Gonta knew.

But... it seems that Kokichi had decided considering the motive. He remembered Kiibo. He wondered whether they were running out of time.

Gonta thinks he understood. And if Kokichi had already decided, Gonta decided too.

"Then, we go to mastermind room, and get information!" Gonta declared.

Hoping that all the decisions made will end hopefully in this killing story... up until this moment.

A/N: You might be wondering why I'm adding this. So far the story is OK, and I hope you enjoy it. Mostly I can't do anything about this long script coz it's methodical at this point. Also any OOC character I apologise for. But now I can't do anything about it, as they are all set by now. Moving forward, I just hope I do it justice. Comment and tell me what you think so far! XD

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

315 2 14
(Completed) (So this is inspired by a tumbler comic I saw and I was like. I want to take my own try at this story. Go check the tumbler person out th...
54.9K 985 31
Prepare to be amazed. Fall down to your knees. I present to you Back Together [Danganronpa V3]! Book cover does not belongs to me and it belongs to i...
38.1K 1.2K 20
This is a post game AU of Danganronpa's third main game, DanganronpaV3 Killing Harmony. In this AU the characters were in a virtual world, which mean...
We're Alive? M द्वारा

फैनफिक्शन

84K 2K 34
UNDER EDITING!) Shuichi , Himiko, and Maki believed they escaped, Oh boy they were wrong. They were knocked out and they woke up in an Old castle...