Operation: Discovery

"Thanks for coming all the way, bitches. Coz I got something for you!"

Miu had summoned Kokichi and Gonta back to her Lab for some very important news.

"Says the bitch herself. So why did you summon us here? Of course, it better be good," Kokichi said, rubbing his hands.

"Do you need any help, Iruma-san?" Gonta asked.

"Of course it's going to be good and yes, I need all the help I can get," Miu admitted as she showed them the box with the strange initials. Kokichi and Gonta stared at it openly.

"I found out who the ADR is, and this is theirs," Miu said bluntly, not mentioning who the ADR is because she didn't want the surveillance to know as that information will undoubtedly be relayed to the mastermind, and it was information best left in the dark. They have an advantage with this and it was unwise to carelessly leave the advantage open for the mastermind to take.

"You mean this i- Mmph?!" Gonta started saying before Kokichi climbed up Gonta and clapped a hand to his mouth as the smaller boy shook his head at the taller one. Afterwards, Kokichi quickly let go as Gonta let out a buh sound and adjusted himself after that shocking move.

"Why did Ouma-kun stop Gonta from saying anything?" Gonta asked, confused.

Kokichi smiled, with a quick glance at Miu, as if he knew her intentions from the start and explained it in her stead, "Knowing who the ADR is an advantage but it's an advantage we shouldn't let dear Shirogane-chan or anyone in that Danganronpa know~ After all, did you forget about the surveillance cameras?"

"Oh," Gonta said, nodding in understanding, "Then Gonta don't say name then."

"Exactly," Kokichi said, nodding back.

"Wait a minute," Miu said, realizing something. Gonta was about to say the ADR's name, meaning he knew... but how, "Do you really know who the ADR is, but... how?"

"Gonta... just knows," Gonta finished lamely, his eyes looking earnestly at Miu telling her all she needed to know.

He just can't say the real how out loud, not with the surveillance. Yeah, she shouldn't have really asked in the first place. Anything that could incriminate them any further would be a disadvantage for them.

"But... just so we are on the same page with this heart pounding new development, are we thinking of the same person?" Kokichi asked.

Kokichi pulled a piece of scrap paper for all of them to huddle around as he wrote two initials that told all. Miu and Gonta's eyes widened at the absolute familiarity of those two letters. Smiling and satisfied, Kokichi then tore the paper into unreadable bits before throwing them to the trash.

"How... what...?" Miu asked. How could they all know? When did they all know? Miu just discovered recently but Kokichi and Gonta? And how were they on the same track so easily?

Maybe it was just that with their end goal being the same and gaining the same information, they ended up taking the same path for their results. But with vastly different methods.

Since Miu didn't know how to feel about such a notion, she chose to move on with their problems.

"So, the box..." Miu said, "There's some code on top of it. Any of it familiar to either of you?"

When Kokichi looked at it, he looked thoughtful and contemplative but shook his head all the same, "Hmm~ I wonder what this could mean. The killing game holds more secrets than we thought~"

When Gonta looked at it, his eyes widened in shock and immediately asked Miu, "Where did you find this?"

The urgency in Gonta's voice shocked Miu but she answered all the same, making sure her guard was up so she didn't spill anything important for prying ears, "In the Lab, under the floorboard."