How You Get the Girl - Rini AU

由 singularglow

{song based AU} Fairytales are based on three parts: beginning, middle and the happy ending we all want. But... 更多

notes
you left her all alone
and never told her why
that's how you lost the girl
I would wait for ever and ever
PART 2: your guard is up and i know why
the last time you saw me
you gave me roses and i left them there to die
standing in front of you
staying up playing back myself leaving
i'd loved you in the fall
all i gave you was goodbye
standing in front of you saying I'm sorry for that night
i'd go back to december
if we loved again i swear i'd love you right

PART 1: it's been a long six months.

1.4K 43 20
由 singularglow

_____________accounts_____________

________________________________

Stand there like a ghost, shaking come the rain. She'll open up the door and say, are you insane?

00:22
She saw the text and ran downstairs and she saw him through the door, his clothes were wet and his curls were plain now.

"What are u doing here? It's midnight."

"I know but you were sad and I missed you"
She hugged him tight, she didn't care if he was soaking wet, she missed him too much to care. It's been 3 months since the last time they saw each other, he had to visit his mom in Chicago, so he left for the summer. He was her best friend, yeah, she liked him, too much to even deny it, but she promised herself to never do anything to compromise their friendship. She loved him too much to lose him. She spent the whole summer crying, watching cheesy romcoms trying to get over her not-so-little crush, her friends tried to get her out of her room, they succeeded sometimes, but even when she was with them, she wasn't. She was thinking about how the boy she loved was in another state, going out on dates with some girl named "Sophie". He talked about her a lot, more than she wanted to hear, but she always put her best fake smile and tried to be happy about him.
Ricky had a good time in Chicago, yes, but it wasn't the best. He met a cute girl named Sophie but after their first date, he realized that he couldn't keep repressing his feelings about his best friend without letting her know. So he spent the next three months trying to come up with a plan to tell her. He was too worried about losing her as his best friend to realize how sad the girl was everytime he talked about his new friend. Because that was all it was. His friend. He told her everything, how everytime he would make Nini laugh, he felt butterflies and how he wants to kiss her everytime they are watching a movie together. Well, he wants to kiss her all the time but there's something when the light of her computer lights up her face. He can't explain with words about how that makes him feel.

Say it's been a long six months and you were too afraid to tell her what you want.

"Brooklyn 99 or Friends? You should probably take a shower first, you can grab some clothes from my closet" Nini asked while grabbing her computer and logging into Netflix. He stood there, watching her and how her hair was a little longer, she had big eye bags and her room was a mess. He shook his head and went to take a quick shower, when he came back he saw how the girl had a lot of used tissues beside her bed.

"I told my moms you're staying for the night, they said it's fine" she said with a sad smile.

"Neens, are u alright? You were watching a Heath Ledger movie. I know you do that when you're sad." he said while sitting next to her. He grabbed her chin to make eye contact with her. Butterflies. She could make him feel like that by only looking at him.

"Yeah, I just- Things had been hard without you here but, you are here now so...it's not important" She pressed play on her favorite Friends episode, the one with the proposal.
He sat next to her, while she hugged him tight. He could smell her hair. He felt home. He spent the entire episode playing with her hair, thinking about all the plans that he and Sophie came up with to tell her about his feelings. A wave of confidence hit him.

"Neens, I have to tell you something." She paused the episode and sat down to be in front of Am.

"What?" He saw how her eyes were sleepy. How she had a little smile unlike all the Instagram Stories he saw during the summer. It made him smile.

"You know how one time I told you that I wanted a love like Chandler and Monica? Friends to lovers, type of thing?" She nooded.

"Remember when I told you that I went to a date with Sophie?

"Of course, he's talking about Sophie." She thought.

"We talked and, I realized that denying it was useless- god i feel like my heart is about to explote - I can't deny feeling like this, because it's the best feeling i've ever felt. I can't even imagine feeling it with another person." He paused, she had a contusion expression. He inhale deeply.

"I like you, Neens. More than friends, type of way. And I know that our friendship means more than anything in this world. But I can't keep this as a secret anymore. I really like you. I always come up with stupid reasons to hang out with you, to hold your hand, I even learnt the whole discography of Taylor Swift because I saw how happy you were singing her songs. I had this whole big plan, that Sophie helped me with, I was going to take you out and sing you a song and everything." He looked at her, she had tears on her eyes, she was biting her bottom lip. Was that a good thing? "If you don't feel the same, it's okay, we can pretend this never happened and I won't mentio-" He was cut off by her lips on his. If he felt butterflies while looking at her, this had no comparison. Nini on the other hand, couldn't believe what she had just heard. He liked her. Her. She felt in a dream that she didn't want to wake up ever. His lips felt right connected to hers. It wasn't weird. It was right.

And that's how it works. That's how you get the girl.

繼續閱讀

You'll Also Like

151K 5.4K 89
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
657K 14.7K 42
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
307K 28.8K 67
Third book of idol love series... Devotion- "Strongest form of love" All the characters are fictional. There is no connection with the real place or...
320K 7K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc