Queen of Diamonds | Shuntaro...

By -aesuki

Once a past candidate to fight for her life alongside her comrades who died. Setsuna Fuji who is a former pl... More

[Prologue]. Boiling Point
[Chapter 1]. A New Chapter
[Chapter 2]. Game of Tag
[Chapter 3]. The Beach
[Chapter 4]. Niragi
[Chapter 5]. 8 of Spades
[Chapter 6]. Chishiya's Game Plan
[Chapter 7]. Emotions
[Chapter 8]. Lost Dog
[Chapter 9]. Caught
[Chapter 10]. The New King
[Chapter 12]. 10 of Hearts [part 1]
[Chapter 13]. 10 of Hearts [part 2]
[Chapter 14]. 10 of Hearts [part 3]
[Chapter 15]. Death to All Traitors
[Chapter 16]. Friends?
[Chapter 17]. Development
[Chapter 18]. King of Spades
[Chapter 19]. Disasterous Start
[Chapter 20].Departure
[Chapter 21]. Queen of Diamonds
[Chapter 22]. Safe Zone?
[Chapter 23]. Battle Royal
[Epilogue]. Home

[Chapter 11]. Traiters

2K 75 9
By -aesuki

"C-Can you hear me?" Arisū asked through the walkie-talkie. Setsuna heard through Chishiya's walkie as she stood right next to him. She wasn't paying attention to how he was holding her right wrist with one hand as if he didn't trust her to run off.

Tsk... this bastard.

But she liked the awful feeling of being this close to him. "After crowning on of their own as the new king, they're all in good spirits." Chishiya had a wide smirk. His plan was going smoothly and Setsuna couldn't prepare anymore for what will happen.

"Don't worry, if they move I'll get in their way. Just concentrate on finding the safe." Chishiya says and turns to Setsuna.

"Just in a matter of time. We must move and find the militants and inform them of a possible intruder in their suite." Chishiya had a nice soothing tone as he said this.

"Y-You wanted them to get caught?" She looked surprised. But his head hung low. What would've happened if it was her? He would sacrifice anybody to survive in this world.

"Setsuna..." he drew her attention without turning around to face her crestfallen face.

"In this world, there's only one thing you should know. You have to lose something to gain something. But, you'd assume I would toss you aside just yet? Hn, not yet." He turned his head back to see her blank expression. Is he a sociopath? No... he's more cunning and deceiving. Psychopaths cover their tracks more. It would make sense.

He planned to keep her alongside to stay and possibly manipulate the girl. Her specialty is both clubs and spades. And her mystery background draws him closer to her. Kuina was very good at those two card specialties as well, but keeping her on a tight rope would be nearly impossible.

"I FOUND IT! THE SAFE!" Arisū shouted through the walkie-talkie. Chishiya had the widest smug look anyone could've imagined. Setsuna held her breath. She and Chishiya were walking towards the main militant sect that were guarding around the beach.

"What's the passcode?" Arisū asked frantically in a hurry.

"8055,"

"I thought you couldn't see the inside of the letter? Just how did you—?"

"In front of everyone for a brief moment... Aguni faltered. It was confusion." Chishiya closed his eyes for a moment before continuing. Setsuna was too deep in her thoughts to properly think straight.

"Most likely, what was suppose to be there, was not." Chishiya paused but Setsuna interrupted him. "So that means, it wasn't the passcode then. Hatter knew others would be after the contents. So he tricked placed whatever was inside for only a few to understand." She placed a finger under her chin. Chishiya liked her way of thinking. Arisū had heard it all and thought for a moment.

"A simple psychological blind spot. Everyone thinks the passcode is on the inside." Chishiya stopped her words for a moment and turns to Setsuna turning the Walkie off so Arisū wouldn't hear. "We're almost there, once I warn them that we saw Arisū enter the suite. I'll cut all communication. You'll toss the walkie and disappear. I'll find you," he didn't want to wait for her reply.

He quickly pressed the talk button on the walkie. "The seal that marks the boss of the beach. Is not a word, but a number." He smiled and heard Arisū tell Chishiya "you are one man I do not want as an enemy."

Chishiya's grin was wider than ever. He looked to his side seeing her silent as an owl. "Don't trust me?" He pulled her close to him the feeling was sensational. He hated it but loved it at the same time.

"Don't move, dispose of this. I'll take care of the problem." He whispered, he wanted other people around to assume they were an item. Hence why he pulled her to him in a close romantic way. This made her breathing stop for a moment. She was at loss for words. She nodded quickly and ran off the throw the walkie away.

She tossed it near where the bodies of the traitors would be. Nobody would be looking here.

"What are you doing?" The voice of Tatta disrupted her from behind.

"I-I heard commotion around her... so I came to check." Setsuna lied exquisitely her head in a slight crunch and an awful smile plastered on her lips.

"Heh? I was just up near the railings and heard nothing. Did you just... toss something?" He was testing her. Her heart was beating faster than ever.

"Don't forget I still know you have those cards. But I'm not on anyone's side." He didn't care to press further on the discussion and just left her.

She ran back inside the main lobby and couldn't find Chishiya anywhere. Or Kuina. Did he get caught? No, no, no! He couldn't! She couldn't figure out why she was freaking out over Chishiya being caught and possibly killed. He's smarter than to get caught... probably laying low?

She remembered one thing.

"You'll toss the walkie and disappear. I'll find you," he will come to her.

That means the plan was over and she was no longer needed? He got what he wanted. She felt guilty and hurt that she betrayed Arisū and Usagi. She never felt this heart pain when Kimara and Hajita died. More so, when Genza sacrificed his life was the last time she felt this mound of guilt.

She ran down the halls may be trying to find Agni to plea and take fault instead. She hated the feeling that they had to go down and she watched. She heard shouting from a room. Kuina's voice and Usagi?!

"Forget it. It's too crazy to save Arisū!!" Kuina shouted. Setsuna leaned her head on the door to hear the argument commence.

"We don't even know what room he's locked in. You're the first person to be suspected of conspiring with Arisū!" Kuina roared that was when it hit Setsuna in the lower abdomen. She could save Arisū!

She pushed herself into the room.

"I ain't gonna blame you the plan failed. The best thing for you is to run away from the beach as fast as possible." Kuina grew dark and both of them just noticed Setsuna at the doorway.

"Still I can't leave Arisū to die."

"I have a plan, I know how to draw their attention and break Arisū free, I'll offer my cards in return to spare your lives." Usagi liked that plan but Kuina snarled at it.

"Keeping cards here is forbidden. They would take them and kill you." Kuina crossed her arms.

"Not exactly, I used to watch my father gamble all our savings away in my former life leaving us homeless for days before he would win some of it back. I can make a gambling bet, it's a 50/50 chance it'll work." Setsuna didn't want to reveal her trump card just yet.

"I see now..." Usagi nodded, "thank you... Setsuna-san." She left the room.

"Wait! Usagi-san! No!" Setsuna tried to run after her. But the militants caught her. Niragi had his hands roaming all over her, and there was barely a thing Setsuna could do to help Usagi.

"Niragi! Let her go!" Setsuna screamed and Kuina followed out of the room.

"Heh? You two? Were you both behind this whole elaborate scheme?" His eye twitch, his blood was pulsing through his vain. He probably hasn't had sex in a while. Or possibly raped someone...

"No, of course not!" Kuina intercepted.

"I told them to steal the cards." Setsuna took her hand out of her pocket revealing the three face cards and ran the opposite way.

"That bitch has three face cards?!" One of the militants shouted. All three of them tried to run after her. But when they turned down another corridor. Did she vanish?

That's right, follow me, you bastards. Now I have to leave this obnoxious place once and for all.

Gomen'nasai... Chishiya and Kuina.

Her morals have been brought back. If Arisū and Usagi get dragged down. She wanted the chase as well. To feel wanted and to be needed. She hid inside a room and looked around. She saw a window? She can leave!

><><><><>

"Exactly what drives you to do that?" Kuina hissed in annoyance and Chishiya shrugged unaware of the commotion he just started.

"If you can't understand maybe you should think a little harder." He closed his eyes as he smiled.

"Setsuna blew it up as I expected. She took fault for the plan. Many of the militants sects are looking for her..." Kuina sighed as she shook her head.

This one took Chishiya back slightly. He told her he would find her. Now she is most likely either going to get raped or killed. Or both. A slight tug was pulled at his heart. He didn't expect this at all. Where did his deductions go wrong? Why didn't she listen?

"I guess that isn't our problem is it?" He had a soothing tone as he said this.

"In order to live, is there anything you shouldn't do?" He turned his body to face Kuina.

Just as the two were about to walk in opposite directions. An explosion erupted nearby.

"The car headed out for tonight's game just exploded!"

"We might be able to make it!" A man was about to run.

"Don't take a single step outside the hotel grounds!" Someone else shouted. Something was incredibly off...

Chishiya held his number bracelet and tossed it. It was true... the Beach is now a game arena.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

144K 4.6K 53
"𝙃𝙚 𝙬𝙖𝙨 𝙟𝙪𝙨𝙩.. 𝙖 𝙎𝙪𝙙𝙙𝙚𝙣 𝙄𝙣𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙚𝙨𝙩." You're a psychologist. Human emotions were always so..fascinating to you. You always faile...
6.6K 216 16
Book 2 Chishiya x fem reader Warnings: Swearing Blood Death Fighting Mentions of suicide Mentions of s relations * I do not own any characters, they...
3.1K 124 16
Part 2 of Surviving in Borderland. Rose is alive. Her memory is gone and there's a group of people claiming to know her - but there's something off a...
4.6K 168 21
"It's been days since the tag game, he played another game yesterday, a six-diamond game. He was there sitting at the top of a bridge. If this was th...