oddities | jeon jungkook fanf...

By chipschocochips

he is a singer in a band.. but there is just something off about this man when y/n finally meets her idol in... More

chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
chapter twenty-one
chapter twenty-two
chapter twenty-three - "their past 1/2"
chapter twenty-four - "their past 2/2" (the end)

chapter one

2.3K 59 13
By chipschocochips

it is wednesday.

the day smack dab in the middle of the week.

not necessarily my favorite day of the week, but it wasn't my least favorite either. i'm pretty sure we can all agree on either sunday or monday for that one.

having my phone in hand, the music playing through my earbuds wasn't quite enough to drown out the sound of the rain outside as it hit against the cold glass pane windows on the bus.

the weather has been so bad recently, it almost feels as though the rain will never stop, but i'm not one to complain, i love the rain.

my eyes observed the droplets of rain as they collided with the transparent barricade sheltering me against the downpour from the sky.

taking note of how each one made a trail behind it against the glass, almost as if leaving a path for someone to follow, or another droplet of rain to collide with as it had also fallen from the sky.

today wasn't the best of days, in fact, it was probably one of the worst days i've had in months.

if it wasn't for the rain, i wouldn't be merely as calm as i am now.

but also because of the rain, it had halted me and my friend kirsten from going to the concert we were anticipating for the longest.

that was only one of the reasons this day sucked though.

another would be that i have a project missing in one of my classes in university and i asked if i could make it up, but the teacher plain up and simple rejected my request.

now, i just couldn't wait to get home and be all warm and cozy in the comforts of those four walls.

the bus was on one of it's last stops, or so it had to be as i've been on here for about an hour or more whilst anticipating the moment i got off and into my apartment, my stop being the last.

i just couldn't stop recalling the message i got in regards to the cancelation of the concert that my friend and i were supposed to be attending in an hour.

"we apologize on behalf of this troubling news, but the tickets you have purchased to see "the bullet boys" live have been canceled due to the storm incoming. your money will be refunded in about a week. have a good rest of your day."

what bull.

seriously?

why couldn't they just reschedule the concert for another date? is it that hard to do?

it was frustrating and very much disappointing to both kirsten and i that this had happened.

this is our favorite group we're talking about. our favorite. and now the one chance we get to go see them we can't? this is just ridiculous.

i looked up at the digital sign above the door to exit the bus as it kept on moving down the street. "another twenty minutes until last stop", it read.

i leaned my head back against the seat i sat in, closing my eyes and listening to the rain as it hit against the metal roof and the glass windows of the bus, my music accompanying it.

life is disappointing. it always has been and seems like it always will be.. well at least for me.

the minute something seems to finally be going right, another thing has to come swooping in and push it away as if i have only the devil on my shoulder, keeping away the good things and leaving the bad with me.

life has taught me many things though. one is to never trust anyone, and that includes the people you are closest to.

although that is something i keep in mind, it is still hard not to give some of my trust away to my best friend. i feel like i could tell her the whole world if i had to.

trusting people is one of the main reasons you get hurt. you trust, you like and then it turns into love, you get attached, and then eventually down the winding paths of life, you get hurt. you get abandoned by the one you loved and trusted.

people say to only trust your family, but trusting my family only led to god taking them from me entirely until i was the last one left in my line.

maybe it wasn't god, but the devil, but either way they are gone and i will never get to see, speak, eat, or anything with them again.

the vehicle had finally come to a stop, causing my eyes to jolt open and look out the window to find a familiar place outside.

i grabbed my bag and stood up from my seat along with the last two people on and headed out of the bus, thanking the driver on my way out just to be polite. i'm sure it must suck having to drive many people in this weather all over town.

stepping both feet on the cold wet ground, i had opened my umbrella, holding it over my head to keep myself as dry as i possibly could, but even with it, there were still specks of water hitting my skin and clothing.

the water from the sky didn't bother me though, my eyes just watched as it came down and collided with the ground, splashing into puddles already formed on the pavement of the sidewalk.

great, now i have a fifteen minute walk home, and it is in the rain.

this is why i should get a better job than the one i have so i can save up to get a car and so that this all would be less... troubling.

stepping down the side of the street, the bus had taken off in the direction it came from, the man probably headed home now after a long day.

i watched the others who had gotten off as they distanced themselves further and further away, heading to where they had to be as well.

turning to my left, i headed down a shortcut to my place. this was the easiest way to get there and i hardly ever had to deal with anyone while taking this path home.

as i walked, water kept getting in my eyes, the wind blowing some of it underneath the protection of the umbrella, making it harder for me to see.

and suddenly, i had actually came in contact with someone else, the man before me hard to make out as he had a mask on and a hoodie to accompany it, as well as the rain in my eyes.

something had fallen onto the cold cement underneath the both of us as his hands were held onto my waist to prevent me from falling although i knew i wouldn't.

i looked down at the metal object that had collided with the ground, it looked to be a knife but i couldn't really tell the best before the man stepped on it, sliding the object back with his foot.

"don't say a word," was all the man before me had uttered before turning around, picking up what i had assumed to be a knife, and rushing away in the direction i was headed.

don't say a word? to who? why would that even matter? was that guy dangerous? did he think i saw his face?

there were so many questions running through my mind, and a chill up my spine to accompany them in the darkness of that alley i was now just stood in, watching the man in a black hoodie retreat into an even darker space before me.

looking up through my clear umbrella, i watched as the rain poured down upon it, the sky dark black as there were no stars in sight due to the clouds from the storm raging about.

i took a deep breath and continued walking, but something about that small encounter with that man only seconds ago was eerie.

for a second i held my breath, my eyes focused out in front of me to where that man had disappeared off to.

what is that man doing out here in a storm with a knife on him, if that even was a knife he had dropped.

it sure seemed like it.

•.¸¸.•*'¨'* •.¸¸.•*'¨'*•.¸¸.•*'¨'*

twisting the key to the front door of my apartment, i had opened the wooden barricade to be met with an all too familiar place.

it was dark as the lights were shut, but i didn't mind the lack of light in the place, taking a step inside and closing the door behind me.

finally, i'm home.

i dropped my bag and umbrella down upon the wooden floor next to the door, kicking off my wet shoes and peeling the jacket from my body, hanging it up on the coat rack not far beside me.

reaching inside the pockets of my jacket, i was trying to find my phone, but soon realized i didn't have it with me no more.

my eyes widened as i had come to the conclusion that it had been dropped when that man ran into me earlier.

how am i ever going to get that back? it is probably already completely damaged by now.

taking in a deep breath, i contemplated whether or not i should go back out there and look for it, but eventually the side of me that said i needed it had won over the argument in my head.

plus, i worked hard to get money for that thing, if i let it go now, there is no telling how much more money i am going to have to make to save up for that car i so desperately need.

letting an utterly deep and exaggerated sigh escape my parched lips, i took my jacket back in both hands and threw it on once more.

this is great, just great. as if my day couldn't get any worse. i don't even know what time it is, but it sure has to be late.

slipping my shoes back on, it took me a minute to tie them back up and grab my umbrella.

at least i won't have my bag with me this time, although it had hardly anything in it.

•.¸¸.•*'¨'* •.¸¸.•*'¨'*•.¸¸.•*'¨'*

making it back to where i believe the spot was where i had collided with that strange man, i started looking around on the ground, rain still scattering across the pavement and getting all over my clothes even though i had my umbrella.

crouching down, i had to get a better look at the ground, searching desperately for that electronic device that was probably already destroyed anyways.

but that is when i stopped in my spot.

chills instantly ran up and down my spine as goosebumps aligned my skin everywhere.

i found something, i found something there on the ground, but it wasn't no phone. it wasn't my phone.

carefully reaching down with my right hand as my left held the umbrella tight, i grabbed the handle of the knife on the ground. this was what i saw. this was the knife i saw. and now i know for sure what i saw was correct.

but that could only mean one thing...

the man that dropped this took my phone instead. how could he mix up the two? was he really in that big of a rush?

i was lightly shaking, it felt all too strange to be carrying this odd object in my possession.

my heart was beating heavier than usual, and i'm never really the type to get worked up over things, even a mishap like this.

but why didn't the guy come back to take the knife and replace it with my phone? was he really meant to do this? or was it just a mistake?

standing up from the ground, i brought the item closer to inspect it further.

the blade was matte black, the handle a sliver color which was a little odd how the both were switched. in my opinion the handle would be black and the blade silver, but regardless of the color, this didn't look like no normal knife.

it didn't look like a knife you would get from a kitchen, although that wouldn't really make this whole situation less creepier than it already is.

but this knife... just by looking at it you could tell it could be something of a murder weapon.

a murder weapon.

a freaking murder weapon...

i let it sink in.

i am holding onto a murder weapon. what if that man who had it had committed a crime using this very instrument?

i now have my fingerprints all over it and i don't even know what i'm supposed to do with this thing.

looking around, although i knew no one would be around at this time of night in such conditions, i wanted to make sure nobody had been watching, though, my gut was telling me otherwise.

i felt as though there was a pair of peering eyes on me, watching my every move, and the feeling was making me feel the more sick the longer i stood in my spot holding that weapon.

i have to get out of here. i have to get home.

the thought about my phone not in my possession had left my mind completely. the only thing i was thinking about was getting back home under the protection of my own apartment's roof.

•.¸¸.•*'¨'* •.¸¸.•*'¨'*•.¸¸.•*'¨'*

i was sat down in my living room, typing to kirsten on imessage because i didn't have my phone, trying to explain to the girl that i had lost it somewhere and now i think someone has it.

i wasn't going to tell her about the knife, the knife that was now in a plastic bag in one of the cabinets of my kitchen.

she was currently telling me to get the application "find my iphone" on my mac, and was telling me that the program would help me track down where it was.

as i had finally got it installing, kirsten had sent me a message saying she had to go back to her work, leaving me there waiting, watching the line fill as the application that was supposedly going to find my phone said "installing".

i looked over at the window closest to me, seeing nothing but the very faint light from the lampposts on the street and the rain as it continuously fell upon the glass.

it was around eleven pm and i was getting extremely tired, having been going from class to class all day long and now working on finding out where my phone was.

as i thought about it some more, it brought me back to that knife, how odd it was that the man had taken my personal device instead of a weapon i could easily report to the police about, although i do not know his face.

the more i allowed myself access to think about the topic, the more confused i got and the further i dug myself inside my own head, not even hearing the ding as the "find my iphone" application was finished installing.

finally snapping out of it, i clicked on the app, opening it up to the main screen and going through all the process to figure out where my phone was.

i was now staring at a buffer circle, waiting for it to show me the location of my device as part of me was scared to know.

what if i don't even want to go find it anymore? what if that guy is trying to bait me into a trap and make me his next victim?

i took a deep breath, telling myself to stop overthinking as the buffering had stopped and the location appeared on my screen.

it showed it was at a hotel. a hotel not far from here. that is where my phone was currently at.

what do i do now?

i threw my head back against the back of the sofa i was sat on, letting out another deep breath, this having to be the fifth time in half an hour.

do i just return the knife as well? i don't want to keep it that's for sure.

•.¸¸.•*'¨'* •.¸¸.•*'¨'*•.¸¸.•*'¨'*

throwing myself back against my cold mattress, being unoccupied for multiple hours on end, i had all my attention upon the boring white ceiling.

the color was more of a dark grey as there was only minimal light in the room, other than what was coming from the windows.

today has been annoying. so annoying.

ugh, i just wish that something would go alright in my life for once.

now, i don't even have my phone to distract myself from all the thoughts swirling around in my head, and i can't even seem to fall asleep.

the sound of thunder crackling in the sky and the rain as it poured down against the windows and the side of the building i resided in was what i was trying to pay attention to now.

maybe the sounds will relax me enough to where i can fall asleep and worry about everything tomorrow.

but the more i listened to the rain, the more my thoughts wandered.

why is my phone at a hotel? was that guy not planning on staying here or something?

i had squinted my eyes, shifting them to the side of my room for a moment.

if he was a permanent resident in the city, he should at least be staying in an apartment or something. not a hotel. so who is he?

my eyelids were flickering, slowly getting heavier as i felt myself diving into slumber.

i was finally ready to fall asleep and forget about my thoughts until morning. good. i don't want to think for any longer. i just need sleep.

•.¸¸.•*'¨'* •.¸¸.•*'¨'*•.¸¸.•*'¨'*

a couple days have passed since i lost my phone, and at this point i've just decided to give up on it.

the location had been turned off the last time i checked for it, and i don't feel like going on a manhunt to find the stupid thing.

rain poured down outside my apartment, hitting the windows on my left as the sound of the television played out in front of me, filling the room.

"as you know, a couple days ago an internet sensation was supposed to take the stage at the venue downtown, but because of the weather, "the bullet boys" did not get that chance to."

i rolled my eyes at the news reporter's words.

"many fans have been upset over this matter, but to some this next piece of news may be of positivity."

at the words spoken from the screen, i have finally looked up from my laptop in which there was an assignment i was working on.

"what's so positive about the cancelation of a concert?" i uttered to myself, clearly annoyed by the woman on screen.

"the band will be staying in the city for some time on break as apart from now, they have been working hard for their fans." my brows raised in surprise.

"if you see them out on the streets please respect their space as they are human too, and now for the weather report."

really? why would they want to stay here of all places? there isn't even all that much exciting in this city.

if this was their vacation for working as hard as i know they have, why wouldn't they at least pick a place that doesn't rain twenty-four-seven? somewhere nice where they could actually enjoy the outside more.

the days that don't rain is like the days that rain for anyone else anywhere else. the rain here is like a never ending story, only the clouds in the sky are telling it.

focusing back in on my assignment, i finished it as soon as i could, closing the laptop and placing it on the cushion next to me.

getting up, i turned off the television and let the room go silent, apart from the rain and thunder outside of course.

i then made my way over to the windows, looking out at the somewhat dark streets, always illuminated by the same lights.

i tilted my head, not really sure what i was looking outside for, but seeing the rain somewhat made my thoughts more clear.

as i was about to turn around though, that is when i froze. just like i did when i found that knife that's still up in the cabinets of my kitchen.

there was a man standing on the sidewalk wearing a black hoodie, just like the one whom i ran into before.

chills once again ran up my spine at the sight.

it appeared that whomever that was down on the sidewalk across the street was staring directly into my windows and right at me. this was unsettling the most to me.

as if they wanted to get to me but couldn't.

who are you? what do you want? why are you looking up here?

although i was beyond terrified, a part of me just wouldn't move. i wanted to, trust me, but i just couldn't.

i did however take a step back, my heel knocking into the table behind me and causing a groan to escape my lips.

as i looked down at my foot, grabbing it in pain, i had taken my sights off the man who was standing outside and was getting soaked by the heavy rain.

looking back up out my window, he was gone. it was as if he had just vanished, but that isn't humanly possible.. well... i was preoccupied for long enough to give him time to run away so that would make sense.

even as the man was gone from the spot i last saw him in, i kept my eyes where he was standing moments ago.

there was an unnerving feeling in the pit of my stomach and it was something i just couldn't shake.

why was that man staring right inside my windows? was it the same guy from a couple days ago? the one who owns the knife currently in my possession?

i quickly removed myself from my spot, heading to the kitchen to retrieve the weapon that was still in a zip lock bag.

taking the item in both hands, i looked over it some more, even more carefully this time, trying to spot out if there was any indication as to whose this was.

and that is when i finally noticed something i hadn't before...

it was initials of some kind. they were engraved into the blade of the knife, hardly noticeable to the eye unless you really gave the item a good inspection like i had just done.

there engraved in the metal were the initials, "j.jk".

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9K 118 15
When you join a new school, you don't know what and who's waiting for you. You see the person who was your enemy in the past. What will happen if he...
964K 29.1K 33
Jungkook, a popular, mysterious and rich boy. But also really Cold! Y/N, a cheerful, beautiful and full of life girl. But also really annoying! Y/Ns...
640 127 10
"𝐇𝐮𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐬 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐝𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐬 𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐫𝐞 𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐞. 𝐈𝐭'𝐬 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐝𝐞�...
46K 2.5K 13
─── DARK ROMANCE 21+ ─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.─── "Remember, my pet, I may have protected you from him but no one can protect you from me. I'll kiss y...