Ride or Die | Dabi x Reader

By godmanjiro

"I'm a bad person. Does that make a difference?" - Meeting someone who was severely injured in the pouring... More

ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY ONE
TWENTY TWO
TWENTY THREE
TWENTY FOUR
TWENTY FIVE
TWENTY SIX
TWENTY SEVEN
TWENTY EIGHT
TWENTY NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY ONE
THIRTY TWO
THIRTY THREE
THIRTY FOUR
THIRTY FIVE
THIRTY SIX
THIRTY SEVEN
THIRTY EIGHT
THIRTY NINE
FORTY
FORTY ONE
FORTY TWO
FORTY THREE
FORTY FOUR
FORTY FIVE
FORTY SIX
FORTY SEVEN
FORTY EIGHT
FORTY NINE
FIFTY
FIFTY ONE
FIFTY TWO
FIFTY THREE
FIFTY FOUR
FIFTY FIVE

NINE

52.7K 2.1K 2.5K
By godmanjiro

"I don't fucking know, okay?!"

I gripped the steering wheel tensely. My head was pounding and I felt immediate regret. I couldn't see their face, but I knew they were dumbfounded by my yelling.

"Uhm... All I asked is if you wanted to stop and get something to eat. You could've just said no." Seiko stated quietly and slowly, as if they spoke too fast it would set me off again, "But let's just go back to my place. I'm sure I can make something there."

I tried to take a deep breath and release the tension in my hands, "Okay. Sorry."

"Yeah, it's whatever." They grumbled and turned on the radio.

This wasn't the first time I snapped at them over nothing today.

Three days.

It had been three days since I found out who Shoto—well Dabi, really is. I still hadn't been really able to fully process it. I didn't want to believe it, but in the end it added up.

The same day of the robbery he was hurt and hiding in an alleyway. His scars are identical to burn scars. He is so mysterious and wouldn't give me any of his personal information.

I'm so stupid.

Almost immediately after the news segment ended, I packed up some things, grabbed my animals and asked to stay at Seiko's for a few days. He knew where I lived, I needed to get away from him.

Seiko had let me come with few questions. I told them there was some last minute maintenance being done on my apartment building. I don't know if they bought it, but they didn't ask anything else.

The real problem was dodging his calls.

We had a date the same day I found out.

~Flashback~

Unknown Caller

I could feel the bile rise in my throat. For some reason I was hoping he'd just forget or blow me off. I really wasn't prepared for this conversation.

The phone continued vibrating in my hand. I knew it'd look bad if I didn't answer.

Sneaking into Seiko's bathroom, I closed the door, took a deep breath, and picked up.

"Hey." I forced out my work voice.

It felt shaky, but not too obvious.

"Hey." His deep voice replied.

Everything felt so foreign.

"So I'll be a little late, some stuff came up with my roommates, but I'm still comin—"

"—I can't do tonight." I cut him off abruptly, surprising myself.

I didn't actually have a plan of how to cancel, but I guess I was just going with this.

"Why?"

"I got called in for work. One of the other team members got really sick and they're short staffed. I'm really sorry! I have to go now. Bye." I stated as calmly as I could and hung up.

But as soon as I hung up I knew it looked bad. I should've given him time to reply. I sighed and hoped he bought it.

~End of flashback~

"Are you working again tonight?" Seiko asked, bouncing their leg to the song playing throughout the car.

"Yeah."

"Dude you've picked up way too many shifts these past few days. It's inhuman. No wonder you're so on edge." They mumbled the last part.

I sighed, knowing they were right. But work was the only thing that kept me from going crazy. It kept my mind somewhat occupied.

"I just don't want to bother you at your—"

Suddenly the song ended and the regular news report came on the radio.

"Down on fourth street, hero Cellophane stopped a gas station store robbery. The culprits were—"

I rushed to shut the radio off, the tension rising in my body once again. The car went to complete silence.

"Uhm, okay. I was listening to that but I guess we can be done. What's your deal?" Seiko remarked, rubbing one of their horns.

I couldn't stand to know if it was Dabi. In fact, I didn't ever want to hear his name again.

What had truly been eating at me the past few days: was whether or not to call the police.

"Just really stressed. Like you said. Probably taking on too many shifts at work." I forced a laugh as we pulled into Seiko's drive way.

I hated myself for not just doing it right away.

He trusted me.

He lied to me.

He is a criminal.

We both got out of the car and walked into their house. I gave a brief greeting to my animals, too out of it to pay much attention to them.

"Do you want me to help you relax? I can help you take a quick nap before you go to work if you want?"  My friend offered, shaking their head side to side.

Seiko's quirk is basically anesthesia. The longer you touch their horns, the more sleepy you get and the longer you'll be knocked out. Doctor's use their quirk for surgeries and to help patients relax.

I walked over to their couch and threw myself on it, feeling exhausted already, "No it's okay. I actually need to go get a new pair sneakers for tonight from my place. Blood got all over mine yesterday at the hospital and I can't get it off."

Just the thought of going back to my apartment made me want to vomit. But I needed to go home eventually anyways.

Seiko sat on bean bag chair in front of me, "Okay. How much longer do you think you'll be staying here by the way?" They gave me a cheesy grin, "Stay as long as you'd like, I love you. But I need to know how much longer I am going to put up with that attitude."

I gave them a guilty smile, "Just a couple more days, if that's alright?"

They leaned over and picked up Kenma, "Of course."

I also needed to grab some of Suki's toys while I was at my apartment. She was starting to get antsy and was chewing on Seiko's stuff.

Kenma loved my friend so he had been an angel while we were there. He even slept with them every night.

I pulled into my apartment building parking lot and grabbed my bag. I just needed a few things, I didn't want to overwhelm Seiko.

The metal railing felt cold in my hand as I walked up the stairs. It was unusual for this time of year.

I pulled my keys out of my pocket and jingled them in the lock. My mind went back to a few days ago. I shook the thoughts away.

I swung the door open and stepped inside, throwing my bag down and closing the door behind me. Looking down to slip my shoes off, I kicked them to the side and took another step in.

When I raised my head, all feeling left my body.

The criminal I had been avoiding for the past three days was sitting comfortably on my couch, staring at me with a smug smile.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.6K 415 11
__"𝐖𝐄'𝐋𝐋 𝐁𝐄 π“πŽπ†π„π“π‡π„π‘ π…πŽπ‘π„π•π„π‘ π‹πˆπ“π“π‹π„ πŒπŽπ”π’π„ " Y/n L/n was a badass girl who always win and think she's the best of all...
82.3K 1.9K 44
A love story between (y/n) and Dabi. (Y/n) was born into a happy family along with her sibling, an older brother who's called Hiroshi. They are alway...
75.2K 3.3K 38
"There's no way I can ever forgive anyone who tries to hurt you." "You said you'd never forgive anyone who tries to hurt me. That's all I need..." W...
32.1K 677 18
tomura shigaraki/dabi x female reader ⚘ after getting out of a relationship, y/n's life isn't all that great. she decides to join the league of villa...