One Husband, Two Kids... And...

By renesmee09

Rose was always more advanced than her friends when it came to growing up. But her life changed when she met... More

Positive?
Life Can Only Get More Interesting
The Name Game
Perfect Little Moments
Time To Move
Living In A Nice Suburbian House
Graduation And Prom
Accidents Happen
Hospitalized
Another Little Mouth To Feed
A 23rd To Remember
The Mother Of All Hangovers
When Life Throws You Lemons...
Merry Christmas!
New Year? Or A Night From Hell?
Preparing To Be No Longer Nineteen...
17.Big Surprises!
A Totally Different Pregnancy
If Only
Getting Back To Normal
One Baby, Two Baby, Three Baby... What Are They?
Week 24 Has Arrived!
The Story Behind Lance Baker
Meeting Cassie
A Wedding And A Birth
High School Friends Seem To Never Stay Friends For Long...
Disaster Hits Hard
Aftermath
The Future Is Looking Pretty Darn Good
Three Little Babies Without Names
Something New?
As We Pack For A New Future, We Remember Our Old Past...
A New Baby
Life Is Unpredictable
The Worst Day
One Father, Five Kids, And One Restricted Mother... Eek!
Our New Place
People Judge Us, But We're Happy Anyway
The Future Scares Me
In Our New House
Becca's Fifth Birthday (My Baby's Growing Up!)
My Life, My Love, My Kids... Preview
1. Family BBQ
2. Things Change. People Change
3. Stranger Things Have Happened...
4. I Quit!
5. History
6. Don't You Just Hate It When Your Husband's Ex Is Still Obsessed With Him?
7. Sometimes People Just... Never Grow Up
8. Number Six
9. Telling The Kids
10. Week Thirteen
11. Becca's New Friend
12. And Baby Number Six Is?
13. Fear
14. How Do I Deal With This?!
15. Hang On, My Sweet Little Girl
16. Picking Up The Pieces
17. The Beautiful Emily Jade
18. You Are My Joy
19. A Blast From The Very Distant Past
20. Happy Quarter Of A Century!
21. Sarah's Secret Is A Secret No More
22. Brisbane, Australia
23. Our Australian Adventure
24. One Little Surprise We Hadn't Planned For
25. As They Grow...
26. Out With The Old...
27. Mom's Visit
28. Love Thy Family
29. The New Additions
30. A Mother Of Eight
31. Life's Always Changing. You Learn To Adapt
32. Trying
33. Rest In Peace, Lance Baker
34. It's A Bit Of A Baker-Fisher Family Reunion
35. Ten Years To The Day Since We First Became Parents (The Final Chapter)
The Characters! :)
**A Family Of My Own "Sneak Peak!"

Hanging In Between Life And Death

79.1K 309 26
By renesmee09

Chapter Twenty... Hanging In Between Life And Death

It had been three hours since we'd arrived at the hospital after the accident that had left members of my family seriously injured. I had remained in the arms of my husband, whilst Jenna took comfort in Nathan's arms as her fiancée wasn't there, and neither was Nathan's girlfriend, who was working.

We sat in the room they had moved our father to, all huddled up in the corner. I had cried until my eyes were dry and stinging. All I kept thinking was what if my dad dies tonight? I wasn't ready to lose a parent yet. Well, I never would be. Nobody ever would.

I must have dozed off, because next thing I knew the sun was shining on my face. I slowly opened my eyes to see a group of doctors gathered over near dad. Nathan seemed to have fallen asleep, too, as he quickly leapt out of his sitting spot to greet the group. I hadn't noticed this before, but he was wearing scrubs. He must have been on call when our parents came into the hospital...

"Good morning, Fisher family," one of the doctors greeted us. Cameron stirred from underneath me. He'd obviously just woken, too. Jenna was sitting in a chair besde dad, which meant she'd woken up recently.

We listened to the medical words that came out of the mouths of the doctors, most of whom were surgical and orthopedic interns. I planned to become a doctor someday, but attending college anytime soon wasn't gonna happen. Nathan translated for us, though I'd been reading some medical textbooks at random and understood most of it.

They said that since my father lived through the night, he's got a bigger chance of surviving. The downside? If he did, he had a long recovery ahead of him, and he'd suffered some pretty extensive spinal damage, which meant he'd probably be paralysed. That brought a massive flow of tears on from me, and Cameron had to comfort me and take me from the room.

>>>>

After I'd calmed down, I went and seen my mom. She was awake, and had just been told by Nathan all about dad and Adam. Adam had been in surgery for several hours the night before, but they had controlled his internal bleeding. They did have to remove his spleen, but he would be alright, apart from the sixty stitches he had from deep metal and glass cuts all over his body.

Apparently he'd cried when he heard sixty stitches. Typical Adam. He might be a man but he's the biggest girl when it comes to being injured. Good luck mom...

I was glad to see my family alive. Cameron encouraged me to return home, pointing out that my daughters needed me, and that for now my parents and my brother were alright. I reluctantly went home, picking up our daughters on the way.

>>>>

That night I couldn't sleep. We'd put the girls to bed, and Cameron could tell I was restless. I kept tossing and turning, and eventually I got up and stormed off down to the kitchen. Cameron followed, noticing how irritated I was.

"Rose, you have to sleep," Cameron sighed. "The girls are depending on you to be alert, honey."

"I should be at the hospital," I said, standing up.

"The doctors said there's nothing you can do, babe," Cameron said slowly, wrapping his arms around my waist.

"Yeah, well they're wrong," I snapped.

"Rose, why are you being so unreasonable?" Cameron asked, getting annoyed.

"I'm not," I snorted. "I just want my family to be alright."

"They are alright, for now," he frowned. "So come back to bed, and we'll sleep... and I'll take you there first thing in the morning."

"Fine," I answered bitterly, walking out of the room and storming up the stairs.

I managed to go to sleep after a while, but Cameron had gotten so annoyed by my tossing and turning, he slept on the couch. I didn't seem to notice that he wasn't there, considering since we'd lived together we'd only ever not shared a bed when Cameron was away for work.

>>>>>

I awoke in the morning to Becca's little kiss.

"Mommy, get up!" she said, slapping my forehead lightly.

"Mmmmmmm..." I groaned sleepily.

"Rose? Honey?" Cameron soothed.

"Oh, now you wanna talk to me?!" I snapped at him, my eyes still shut. I opened them to see he had Addy in his hands.

"Rose, I'm sorry," Cameron sighed. "I couldn't sleep..."

"Yeah," I scoffed. Then I felt bad. "I'm sorry, Cam," I said apologetically.

"You had like, a hormonal blowout last night," Cameron chuckled. "I guess being pregnant with triplets has really made you a moody person."

"Mommy, are we going to school today?" Becca asked.

I gasped when I realised it was now Monday.

"Oh!" I said, getting out of bed quickly. Oops, too quickly... I had to grab the mattress to avoid falling over.

"Dizzy spell?" Cameron questioned.

"Yeah," I sighed.

I sat down until the dizziness passed, then got up and got the girls ready. Addy was nine months' old today, and had started walking along furniture. At the moment, she walked around our bed until she couldn't no more.

"Mommy, Addy's walking!" Becca said, surprised.

"Huh?" I frowned, and looked to see Addy let go of the bed and fall simply to the ground.

"Momma," Addy said, looking at the floor. Addy had never said 'mom' before...

"Oh, my God!" I gasped.

"Addy, did you just say 'momma'?" Cameron said, surprised.

Addy had said 'bub' 'dad' 'booboo' and 'no' before, but to say 'mom' was a first. Her tiny little voice rang beautifully in my ears, and I couldn't contain my smile of happiness. She sat on the floor, looking at me with her wide brown eyes.

"Addy, you're a cutie," I smiled, beaming.

"Momma." she said it again.

"Addy, say dadda!" Becca encouraged her.

"Dadda," Addy said, laughing.

"Wow..." Becca gasped. "Mommy, my little sister's growing up! She's getting so big! She's gonna be walking lone soon!"

"Yeah. She sure is growing up," I said, tears of joy coming into my eyes. Becca beamed at her little sister, a bond I'd never seen between the two before.

As we got in the car and took the girls to school, Becca continued to encourage Addy to talk. They were quite rowdy, and I had a thought... our car would not be big enough for five kids.

"Cam, we're gonna have to get a new car before the triplets come," I whispered.

"I know," Cameron sighed. "But I've found one. We'll look at it tomorrow, if you want."

"Yeah," I smiled happily.

My life was so perfect again. My family were all alive... my daughters were bonding (which I think it was due in big part to Addy being old enough now that Becca could play with her)... and we were soon expecting triplets.

I couldn't wipe the smile off of my face.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

918 167 79
This book is about 2 twins named Sophie and star .They live in different world but they come together as one. they were separated at birth but fate b...
7K 271 15
Tess finds she is pregnant at 15. She doesn't realize that she is going to have a blessing in disguise. She will have to go through life with her hea...
18.3K 1K 12
Camila's senior year of high school seems amazing. She has perfect friends, the perfect part in the school play, and the most perfect boyfriend, her...