Her Beautiful Strength

Autorstwa RosaDart

**BEAUTY SERIES BOOK 1 1/2** Maddison has just taken over as the first female Alpha. Andrew is the brother o... Więcej

Addressing the Pack
Silver Wolf Moon
Merge of Alphas
This Kiss is Mine
Work Work Work
Going Home
He That Will Not
The Bank
The Strength of a Pack

Taking Over

160 6 6
Autorstwa RosaDart

Maddison ^(Diana Moldovan)

What.

Had.

I.

Done?

I rub my tired eyes as I try to make sense of the piles of paperwork in front of me. Father had left the pack in chaos, absolute chaos. I don't think he's managed our bank accounts in years, so yeah, the bank statements are bad. Not to mention the thousand of unopened emails from other Alphas.

Of course he had declared war on at least five packs.

Of.

Fucking.

Course.

He was still a pain in my ass even after death. A knock pulls me out of my internal groaning.

"Enter," I say and in comes my oldest brother, Jackson.

Now in case you don't know the story, here it is:

My father was a ruthless, deadbeat man. He was a terrible Alpha, husband, and father. But what really ticked him off was women, he hated them. So being his daughter, you can imagine my childhood.

Well what really ticked him off was when the neighboring pack, Red Sky, passed the Beta title to a woman. The first woman in history to hold the position.

Being the awesome guy that he is, he decided to attack Red Sky. In the process he capture their Beta and proceeded to keep her prisoner. While here, I took care of Beta Jade, also known as my twin brother's mate.

Complicated, I know.

Now, for some odd reason, he let Jade go. Which is strange and something I don't fully understand yet. But while wishing her death to her mate and in front of the whole pack. I finally lost it.

I killed my father, initiating a change in power.

I'm now the female Alpha of Killer Wolf.

The first one in history.

But father left this pack in shambles and now I had to pick up the pieces. Well me and Jackson, my eldest brother and chosen Beta.

"Maddi, this shit is a mess," Jack sighs as he sat down across from me.

"Tell me about it, and in addition to that I'm up to here," I motion my hand to my forehead. "In transfer requests."

"Really?"

"Yeah, I guess the rest of the pack already knew we were in ruin. Everyone but the Alpha and Beta families have been living in hell holes."

"I guess I've never really been to the warrior complexes," Jack grabbed some files. The warrior complexes are a housing unit on the east side of the pack. Every pack member lived there unless they were members of the Alpha or Beta families.

"I have a plan."

"That's good cause I don't," Jack admits as he looks up at me.

"Well the pack needs to make money and the wolves that aren't warriors need jobs, so I propose to make peace with these five packs we are at war with--"

"We are at war with five packs!"

"Yes," I grumble. "After we make peace, we can start to rebuild the pack with contracts. A few pack members can work in the companies of other packs while we try to build our own companies here. Set aside a few to build new houses in Killer Wolf while having others work in the human town nearby."

"It's a start," Jack grabs another file and his eyes widen. "This is a good one too."

"What?" I lean forward and he passes me the file. "An abandoned shopping mall?"

"I know the property, it's in a booming human town about twenty miles from here. We get our contractors to renovate it and it will be a cash cow."

"It's gonna take a lot of money to renovate this place," I look at the photos of the building, which was essentially in ruins.

"Then we go to Alpha Lyon Blu," Jack smirks at me.

"Who?"

"He's Alpha of the Silver Wolf Moon Pack. He's loaded and he's one of the Alpha's we are at war with. I say we go to him first and make a peace agreement that includes the work of his pack's construction company to help us."

"Lyon Blu," I drill my finger nails into the desk. I sway my head back and forth as I think. "Okay."

"Great, I'll make the call."

"No," I sit up straight. "I need you to call the human bank for extensions on these loans, then set up a meeting with the pack. I need to address them."

Jack stands and bows, "Yes Alpha."

He turns to leave and as he closes the door I yell, "And call me Maddi!"

&[]

The phone rang twice before a lovely voice answers. "Silver Wolf Moon Pack, office of the Alpha and Beta. This is Shanell, how may I help you?"

"Hello Shanell," I say, slightly taken aback by the formalities. "I'm..."

"You're..?" she leads me on after a few moments of silence.

"I'm Alpha Maddison Drake, of Killer Wolf and I need to speak with Alpha Lyon Blu."

"Alpha.. Drake," she starts hesitantly. "I'm sorry he's in a meeting right now."

I roll my eyes, "Tell Blu that I am an Alpha of a pack he is at war with."

"Miss--"

"Alpha," I correct her, my wolf getting agitated by the disrespectful title.

"Alpha Drake, he's in a very important meeting."

"Is he with another Alpha?"

She stayed quiet for a moment, "No."

"Then I take priority."

"Let me transfer you to him."

The phone when quiet for a moment before it was picked up again.

"This is Alpha Lyon Blu may I--"

"Yes, hello, I'm Alpha Maddison Drake of Killer Wolf."

"You're a woman."

"Is everyone in your pack rude to Alpha?" I huff.

"No, I apologize, what can I do for you?"

"Well, this is my official notice that Alpha Lawrence Drake had died. I see his..." I look at the mess surrounding me. "Files that he had declared war on your pack."

"Three years ago, I remember."

"Well, good news! I would like to end the war."

"Lovely. Can I set up a phone conference with you to sketch out the details?"

"Actually, Alpha Blu, I would like to me in person."

"I will not be traveling to Killer Wolf," he sounds amused by my request.

"Then I assume you're offering to host?"

"Actually--"

"Great, have your people call my people to set up travel times."

I hang up before he can protest and take a deep, calming breath.

That was stressful.

I hated that.

But I loved it at the same time.

I stand and leave the stifling office. Walking down the hall to the kitchen I once cooked for my father in. Now it was empty, the whole house felt empty. I lived here alone, no mate, no brothers, no one.

I walk around the upstairs and in each of the five bedrooms, the big house made me feel small. I had no idea what it was to be an Alpha. Hell, father never even let me train as a warrior. Only males could be warriors according to father.

Even though females have fought beside males for a hundred years!

But it's fine. I'm dealing with it.

Alpha sister, Jack says through the pack link and I roll my eyes again. The meeting is set for one hour.

Thanks Jack.

I honestly don't know what I'd do without him. Even though he was supposed to be Alpha, he is taking the supporting role well. He does everything I ask and he doesn't complain. He doesn't even seem like he misses the job or the title. He wants the best for Killer Wolf just like me.

But maybe the best for Killer Wolf wasn't me.

Either way I had an hour to figure out what the hell I'm going to say to the pack.

Fuck this was going to be hard.

&[]

"Who was it?" I ask as I reenter my brother's office.

"Alpha Maddison Drake," he looks surprised at his phone. "Of Killer Wolf."

"A female Alpha?" I sit and scrunch my eyebrows together. "That's... new."

"You know all these midwestern packs are doing it now. Red Sky has a female Beta."

"I met her before. Strong warrior."

"Yeah well," Lyon sat back in his chair. "She wants to come here to negotiate a peace treaty and ending the war between us."

"We are at war?" I ask, very confused.

"For the past few years. Nothing bad happened, a few empty threats from the late Alpha Lawrence Drake."

"What a pitiful man. Do you think this new female is like him?"

"No clue, I hope not cause I'm allowing her into the territory."

"You're actually letting her come here."

"It's peace, brother," he stares put the window. "Peace can be a glorious thing."

This book is part of a series. There is a book before it called "Blonde Wolf of the Brown Haired Beauty" and one after called "Black Wolf Beauty."

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

613K 25.9K 33
**Unedited** Rule number one: do not get attached. It was a simple rule, really, one Jada Warren had no doubt she could follow effortlessly. After a...
117K 2.6K 20
Luna is part of the Blue Moon pack, sworn enemies of the Black Thorn pack. She has just come of age. It is time for her to find a mate. What happens...
29K 1.1K 53
Jay's fought to survive her entire life. She's never stayed in one place for too long and trusts no one. She's hunted mystics and killed for sport. S...
191K 7.7K 22
For Austin it was paramount to find the woman who helped save his sister's life. Imagine the surprise when she turns out to be his mate. • Mature Con...