My Boss is Felix: Alternative...

By Nope_NotMe

Marinette is assigned to be Felix's secretary at the Agreste Inc. against both of their preferences. He's rud... More

Credits
Ch1: The Elevator
Ch2: Felix Agreste
Ch3: Rules
Ch4: Gossip
Ch5: Cold Blooded
Ch6: The Worst
Ch7: Shadows
Ch8: Citrus
Ch9: Finality
Ch10: Inheritly
Ch11: Infernal
Ch:12 Confession
Ch13: Gabriel Agreste
Ch15: Flesh & Blood
Ch16: Doomed
Ch17: Blackmail
Ch18: Urgency
Ch19: Scarlet
Ch20: Weary
Ch21: Forbidden
Ch22: His Humanity
Ch23: Bad Dream
Ch24: Blush
Ch25: Pink
Ch26: Girl Talk
Ch27: 1:24 am
Ch28: Visitation
Ch29: Kitten
Ch30: Unconditional
Ch31: Unworthy
Ch32: Enough?
Ch33: A Real Woman
Ch34: Savage
Ch35: Sweet Poison
Ch36: "Drunk"
Ch37: Spider Webs
Ch38: Awkward
Ch39: Magnetic
Ch40: Hollow
Ch41: Ruined
Ch42: Lonely Together
Ch43: Christmas Present
Ch44: Teeth
Ch45: Catnapped
Ch46: Hostage
Ch47: Emilie Agreste
Ch48: Identity
Ch49: Infinitely
Ch50: Savior
Ch51: The Underworld
Ch52: R.I.P.
Ch53: No Matter What
Ch54: Wonderland
Ch55: Chill Pill
Ch56: The Angel
Ch57: Mere Mortals
Ch58: Crossfire
Ch59: Gravity
Ch60: The Circle
61: The Elevator
Ch62: Vanilla
Ch63: Grey
Ch64: Only Somtimes
Ch65: Silent Night
Ch66: For Worse
Ch67: Sleepless
Ch68: Endless Time
Epilogue: Ever After
Author's Note

Ch14: Bad Kitty

4.3K 160 121
By Nope_NotMe

I slowed my breathing as I tip-toed up to the cracked door, peaking past the hinge. While I was on my night patrol, I'd noticed movement inside the dark Agreste Inc. building, so I decided to investigate. Sure enough, a dim orange light was bleeding through the cracks of the door and coloring the floor. Someone was in Mr. Agreste's office at 11pm when the building was supposed to be closed.

My lips parted as I spotted Chat Noir digging through Mr. Agreste's file drawers. Papers and folders were spread over the desk. I noticed blue light from the computer monitors reflecting off of his leather black suit. Had he managed to log into Mr. Agreste's computer? How? And why? Could it be he was stealing company information to sell to competitors? No doubt that would be a lucrative business.

Reaching for one of the folders, he sat at Mr. Agreste's chair, and feasted his eyes on the contents. Then I heard clicking noises. His gaze bounced between the folder and the computer screen as if he was comparing information.

His look was intense and positively evil. My stomach hurt. I was such an idiot. How could I have let a criminal be my partner? What was I thinking? Worst of all, what wasn't I thinking?

Chat Noir let out an exasperated sigh as he lowered his head to his hand. His new position prevented me from seeing him clearly. Now all I could see was the side of his shoulder. I needed a better view.

Leaning forward, I lost my balance and threw my entire body weight into the door. It flung open and spat me out on the ground. I landed on my knees, staring up at a serious Chat Noir.

He logged off the computer, and peered at me. Rising from the chair, he strode towards me. He was now towering over me as if he were a king and I a mere peasant. Were we about to fight? Would he attack me while I was low? I held up my fists, prepared for him to attack me.

"It's always a pleasure seeing you, M'lady. Especially when it's unexpected," he held out his hand and offered me a mischievous grin.

I swatted it away and stood on my own. Despite being fully upright, he still towered over me at what I assumed was a height of 6'1".

I felt nothing but fury.

"How dare you!" I shouted.

"What?" he said, shrugging as if he had no idea why I would be mad.

"You are a bad kitty! A very, very, no good rotten, terrible kitty!"

"Woah, woah, that's not nice. Words hurt," he said in a mocking voice.

"You betrayed me," I said, firmly planting my hands on my hips as I shot him my best scowl.

"What makes you think that?" He asked, mirroring my posture. Of course, his height and muscular build made his position more intimidating than mine.

"I'm insulted you would even ask. Do you think I'm an idiot? You're literally standing in the middle of a crime scene."

"So quick to doubt me. Such a shame. Where's your trust?" he said, slowly circling me as if he were a vulture lingering over its next meal.

"Well, yeah I'm going to doubt you when you literally broke into this building and are stealing Mr. Agreste's things. What else is there to assume?"

"Tsk. I thought you'd had more faith in your partner."

"We're not partners anymore. Not with you engaging in illegal activities."

"So, you're firing me?" He asked, stopping in place and turning to face me with an amused looked. Why did his voice carry a tone of humor?

"That's right. And I'm taking you to the police," I said sternly.

He chuckled.

"Why are you laughing?" I asked, feeling paranoid.

"You're cute. That's all," he said, patting me on the head.

"Huh?" I felt irritated that he wasn't taking me seriously and that he mocked my threats. And why was he petting me like a cat?

When I shoved his hand off my head, he stepped closer and reached for my waist. I maneuvered away. Fury pumped through my veins. If he wanted to fight, I'd give him a good fight.

Acting purely on instinct, I lunged myself at him, my face colliding with his left breast. It felt like a rock. He lost balance and toppled to the ground, bringing me down with him. I landed directly on him, our chests glued together and our legs intertwined.

Awkward.

For a few seconds I stared into his unsurprised eyes. Even in a vulnerable position he showed no signs of fear.

Peeling myself away from his warmth, I took the opportunity to pin his hands down and sit on his stomach to hold him in place.

"What's wrong with you?" I exclaimed.

"This is moving fast," he said, looking completely at ease. I ignored his comment and continued my interrogation.

"Why are you here? What were you doing?" I tightened my grip.

"I'm here because you forced me to the ground. As far for what we are doing, I'm not entirely sure."

"What were those papers you had and why were looking at them?"

"I'll only answer that if you kiss me."

"What? No!" I flicked his forehead. He didn't even flinch.

"Have it your way then," Chat Noir maneuvered his body and flipped me. Our positions were now reversed as he was the one pinning me down.

"Get off of me you filthy cat," I shouted.

He poked me on the nose before rising to his feet and pulling me up with him. After we were both standing, I ripped my hands from his grip and glared at him.

"Chat, I'm giving you one last chance."

He ignored my comment and made his way to the desk where he began piling the documents together and stuffing them back in the filing drawer.

"See," Chat held up his empty hands, "I haven't stolen anything."

He then paced towards the door.

"Like I'm going to let you get away that easily," I said, blocking his path as I made an X with my body. He smirked, his eyes gliding over me.

"You're very playful tonight, I see."

"And you're very ..." I paused trying to think of something to insult him with.

"-bad at comebacks," he said with a smug look.

My nostrils flared, as my gaze swept over him.
I noticed a folded paper poking out of his suit's side pocket. So he did steal something!

I threw myself towards him, and managed to pull it out. Unfortunately, Chat had grabbed me and held me firmly in place against his chest, his arms sprawled across my back, his mouth near my ear.

"I thought you said you didn't steal anything," I said, squirming.

"Ah. Yeah. Must have forgetting about that one," his voice vibrated in my chest.

"Let go," I said.

"Give me my paper back first," he whispered in my ear. His breath was hot, leaving the side of my face with a burning sensation.

"No!"

"Then I'm not letting go. Besides I'm enjoying this."

As I attempted to wiggle lose, he grip tightened like a snake.

"This is why I don't trust you. When you pull crap like this," I said.

He stroked the back of my hair, "If you give me back my paper, I'll let you go and tell you what I'm doing. I'll even put the paper back. Deal?"

"As if."

"I'm a man of my word, M'lady."

"How do I know that's not a lie?"

"Fine then. If you don't want to accept my deal, I don't mind holding you longer."

"Ugh, okay. Deal. I'll give it back. But you better not be lying."

The pressure encircling me released, and my body was freed. I felt cold in his absence. He plucked the document with his two fingers and straightened the crumbled edges.

"Now put it back."

He slowly nodded, clearly entertained my by response.

"Yes, ma'am."

He strode towards the door. Again, I blocked him, pressing my hands against his broad shoulders.

"I said put it back. Are you deaf?"

"That's what I'm doing. I took this paper from another office."

"You got to be kidding me. How many offices did you hit?"

"First, it's called 'borrowing.' Second, only one other."

"Well, I'm following you to make sure you do as you say."

"Fine by me. Although I sort of forgot where the office is specifically. It's on the twelfth floor, but I can't remember where."

"You are impossible to deal with!" I moaned.

He raised his brows under the mask. I could tell by the way the fabric expanded near his forehead.

I rolled my eyes.

"Do you at least know the name that was on the office door? That would make it easier to find."

He tilted his head back as if trying to recall.

"Felix."

"Felix Agreste? Cat!"

"What? Do you know him or something?"

If I said yes, that may expose my identity.

"Not really. I've heard of him though."

"Same here. And I've heard he's ruthless."

"He is."

He examined me closely, wearing a smirk.

"Do know where his office is?" he asked.

"Come on," I said, grasping his wrist tightly to ensure he wouldn't try to run away.

I guided him down two hallways, until we were more than half way to Felix's office. Wait. If I acted as if I knew the way, surely he'd be suspicious. Should I pretend to get lost? Should I tell him that I had memorized where it was when I entered the building as Ladybug? For the next few minutes I debated on what to do.

Too late. We were there. I released my grip and dared to make eye contact with a curious looking Chat.

"You really know your way around here. You even knew exactly where Felix's office was," he said in almost an accusing tone.

"Lucky guess," I chuckled, feeling my face heat. Fortunately, the darkness cloaked any blush that may cover me at the moment.

"I don't believe in luck," he crossed his arms.

"Well, what are you waiting for? Go," I said, giving his back a shove. Hopefully he would drop this topic and forget about it.

Chat sauntered over to Felix's filing drawers and recklessly shoved the document inside. Then he slammed the drawer shut and a loud metallic crash echoed throughout the room. Had he just broken it?

"Be careful Chat! You don't want to break anything."

"I kinda do, actually," he said, his reflective green eyes targeting the vanilla candle on the desk's edge.

"Don't you dare."

"If he's as awful as they say, I think a little justice should be served."

I opened my mouth, but Chat was too fast. He sent his leg flying towards the desk where his foot made a full impact with the candle's glass container. It glided through the air before meeting its end on the solid floor. The glass container shattered and the wax broke into two pieces.

I wasn't sure why, but seeing the shards made me very...sad.

"Why did you do that?" I cried, rushing to the mess and bending over one one knee.

Instead of answering he rushed over behind the desk, where he took hold of a picture. The picture of Felix and his mother. He indicated by the position of his fingers that he was about to rip it straight down the middle.

I leaped from my knees, and held both hands up.

"Stop!"

"Why should I?" He hopped on top of the desk and took a seat Indian style.

He pulled the pictures on each side until a tiny tear emerged near the top.

"Please! I'm begging you."

"It's just a picture. He can get a new one," he said with a wicked grin.

I shook my head.

"No, he can't! It's special so don't destroy it."

"How would you know?" He said, cocking his head, his hair rushing across his forward.

"Well, I mean. It just seems like it would be considering there are no other decorations."

I felt worked up, to a point where tears were streaming down my face. Why was I crying? Why did I care if Felix's picture was destroyed? Maybe I was just trying to protect my boss' office and the fact that the candle had been shattered made me feel like I was failing. If I lost the the picture too, I would be a worthless secretary.

"You're crying," he said, his expression growing serious.

I wiped my arm across my eyes.

"No, I'm not."

"Fine then. I'll leave the picture alone and tear up the couch instead," he said, setting down the picture and drawing out his claws.

I raced to couch and laid my body across the back to act as a human shield. If he came close I would kick him and then tie him up with my yo yo.

He stood over me, guiding his sharp index finger towards my face. I held my breath, fully prepared to protect this piece of furniture no matter the cost.

He used his finger to move a strand of my bang that had fallen into my eyes due to this strange angle.

"I like you even more now," he said, with a faint grin.

"I know what you're doing," I said, " you're just trying to distract me to avoid talking about why you're really here and what you were doing with those files."

"You're wrong then. I did all of this for entertainment purposes. You're adorable when you're angry at me."

"So this entire time you're just laughing at me. Well, I like you way less now," I said, "actually I don't like you at all."

"I wasn't laughing at your tears though. I didn't realize you would respond so severely," he said in a serious voice.

I slowly rose from the couch, stunned by his sudden change of demeaned.

"Anyway, I would tell you what I've been up to but since you fired me, we are no longer partners. So, I don't have any obligation to give you the details," Chat's voice returned to its usual cunning sound.

He strode past me towards the door. I clenched his shoulder.

"Wait. I'm unfiring you."

"I don't know that I want to be your partner under the current conditions," he turned to face me, his head held high.

"Oh you mean about the identity thing. I'm not budging on that. Our identities much be kept a secret."

He scoffed, "No not that. I could figure out your identity in my sleep if I wanted."

I brushed off his comment, "what conditions do you want to change then?"

"I think I need a promotion," he said with a wink.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"End my trial partnership. I want to be your permanent partner. One who can't get fired."

"Fine, you're promoted. Now spill it," I said quickly before I could truly think about how bad my decision was.

A sideways grin spread across his face, "Very good."

"I'm waiting," I gestured with my hands.

"I'm merely investigating," he said, running his threw his hair.

"Investigating what?"

"'Who' is a more accurate term."

"Who?" I said, rolling my eyes at his correction.

"The devil. You can't see it, but this place is burning in hellfire."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.6K 165 13
𝘄𝗵𝘆 𝗱𝗼𝗲𝘀 𝗺𝘆 𝗵𝗲𝗮𝗿𝘁 𝗮𝗰𝗵𝗲 𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘆 𝘁𝗶𝗺𝗲 𝗶 𝘀𝗲𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂? *ೃ༄ ❝ 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞 and just like the last, and like the next...
14.6K 581 26
The Miraculous holders knows of the Cat and Ladybug Miraculous, the ability to create, and destroy. What they didn't know, was that two more 'Miracul...
77.8K 2.1K 38
marinette dupain-cheng, a girl with big dreams, hoping one day to work her way up to be a well-known fashion designer. felix agreste, a successful wo...
1.3K 58 22
It's been a few years since Marinette told Alya her secret, ever since , hawkmoth has been getting closer and closer to finding out ladybugs identity...