Sunflower | h.s

By 2ghostsinahallway

She stood out like a sunflower in a field of roses, She felt like she didn't belong yet she failed to see she... More

- Authors Note -
Trailer!!
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
untitled

44

264 11 20
By 2ghostsinahallway

Aaliyah Moreno

"Ow." He says as he furrows his eyebrows but chuckling to hide some of the pain. The dampened cloth against the bruise on his cheek probably hurt a lot, it made my heart sink for him.

"Sorry." I say softly while lightly tracing the cloth along the sensitive skin. The light from my room definitely highlighted it, but it also highlighted how his eyes were feathered shut, it created a shadow on his jawline and made it look more prominent, it made his tanned complexion glow while his chestnut hair complimented it. It was safe to say that even with a bruise on the side of his face he still glowed.

He opens his eyes and looks up at me while I slow the pace of wiping his face gently. I look down so my eyes are met with his. In the reflection of his pupils, I see me. I see my reflection in his bright green eyes as the sun reflects off of them. I see a girl who promised once that she wouldn't break, but she did. Yet when I see myself in his earthly eyes, it feels as though I find myself. I find myself in the colours of the forest Iris' and pitch black night pupils. I manage to piece myself back together just through looking into his eyes.

"Penny for your thoughts?" He asks through a figure of speech. I wanted to tell him how I felt, he already knew how I felt towards him. But what I felt in this moment was simply indescribable. It was a blissful awakening every time I looked into his eyes.

So instead I rephrased what I thought as I say

"What do you see when you look at me?" Timidly.

He keeps his eyes fixated on mine as he rests his hands back to lean on my grey silk bedding.

"Where do I start?" He asks as a genuine question.

"Uhm. Eyes." I blurt out seeing as it was the only thing we were each looking at right now.

"Your Eyes Aaliyah. Your eyes are a flickering glorious amber in which liquified redwoods and rich chestnuts rest beneath your eyelashes. A golden honey drips ever so carefully into the depth of your Iris. Almost a steely bronze; quite haunting but yet sparks a smile onto anything they look at. A coppery cinnamon cup where my own gaze drinks the sweetness of it." He says beautifully and pauses. He brings his right hand up to my cheek and caresses it with his thumb before he whispers

"if eyes are said to be souls. Yours Aaliyah would be made of pure gold that shines as bright as a sunflowers petals." He says making me chuckle slightly. That was all he needed to say, in fact I didn't even expect that. The way he spoke so beautifully touched my soul.

A soul he referred to as golden and as bright as sunflower petals.

"Let's just say you're the reason poetry is invented."

"What do you mean?" I ask now sitting beside him.

"It was made to describe pretty girls like you."

I inhale a deep breathe through my nose quietly as I feel the butterflies swarm my stomach.

"What about me?" He asks

"What about you?" I ask in confusion.

He lifts my legs up so they rest over his. He wraps his hand around my lower back and looks deeply into my eyes. He presses our foreheads together lightly as the only thing you were able to hear is our breathing circulating the room of absent noise.

"What do you see when you look into my eyes?"

"Your eyes." I say as I pause. Everything else went blurry as I stared into nothing else but his deep forest eyes. It's as if everything else didn't exist except us and the sound of our synchronised heartbeat.

"I can't explain so much the colour, but more about how they make me feel. Because all I'd be able to say to you is that your eyes are like a forest I get lost in for endless hours. I'm not so good with colours, I'm better with words." I say as I lye down on my back. He follows my actions and does the same.

"So tell me darling. Tell me through words." He says as he turns his head to the side so his eyes are in view with mine.

"Your eyes feel like home. I can look into your eyes and know that I am safe there. I can look into your eyes and realise that what you see of me is not what I see of myself, therefore making me feel like I have purpose. Your eyes see the small things about me which I never take the time to realise; like my freckles, my dimples, the different shades of brown and yellow in my eyes which I never used to like but have now grown to love. I love looking into your eyes because your eyes alone can tell me that I am enough, and that's before your mouth can come to say any words at all."

The room fell silent. We both stayed lying down with our chests rising and falling. We are now not facing each other, but we are now both staring at the ceiling. I feel the back of his hand lightly brush against mine. I took the hint and twisted my hand slightly so my fingers fell into the creases between his.

And it was at this moment I realised that whenever me and him when quiet, so you could hear nothing but the sound of our staggered breathing, the space filled itself with love. Here, with him I learn of goodness and how it was always meant for me on the days I felt most undeserving. The world is quiet here, but I loved it because I was fluent in the art of silence and how much more it had to say than words did.

"Penny for your thoughts?" I return the question as merely a whisper.

"I am thinking something. But I cant tell you." He says making me furrow my eyebrows out of confusion. I sit up and look down at him while he still stares at the ceiling.

"Was it something I did?" I ask

"In a way. But not in the way that your thinking." He said, making me question it all.

"I'll be right back." He says as he hops off of the bed and goes downstairs. I stare into the empty space of my room out of confusion and slide my way backwards to rest my head against the headboard. I can hear muffled shuffling around coming from downstairs, followed by footsteps making there way back up.

My bedroom door handle opens slowly and I see Harry peek his head round it, smiling to himself.

"What?" I ask while chuckling and questioning his actions at the same time. It took me a second to realise he had his journal and pen in his hand. I don't remember seeing him bring it in the car?

"When did you get that."

"If I told you it wouldn't be a secret." He says while smirking, now leaning beside me on the headboard and bringing his knees up to his chest.

"Why's it a secret?" I ask while smiling.

"If I told you why it was a secret then it wouldn't be a secret." He replies making me roll my eyes and hit him on the arm lightly with my pillow.

"Alright Styles. You win." I say and lye down onto his chest and feel his calming heartbeat on the right side of my face.

I feel his chest rise slowly up and down as the scribbling of pen on paper fills the room. Through his white flared t-shirt I trace my forefinger lightly on his tattoos again. His tattoos were a map in which my finger could never find the destination to. They all told a story, I just didn't know what.

"Are you doing that surprise thing again?" I ask

"Mhmm." He says with his lips closed shut and eyebrows furrowed as he wrote what looked like paragraphs on the page.

"Please give me hints. You don't have to tell me what it's about but just... something." I plead. He closes his journal and puts the strap on it. I sit up beside him again and bring my knees to my chest while wrapping my arms around them.

"Okay." He exhales as a sign of defeat. I squirm lightly out of excitement.

"I'm not telling you a lot though so don't get too excited. It won't be ready for a while." He says as he laughs under his breath slightly.

"I won't I won't."
I so will get excited.

"Okay. Everyday I write a page or two of things you tell me in my journal. I normally do themes." He says with two fingers on each hand to add quotation to the word "themes."

"Okay. What's the theme today."

"I only section them off into themes so it will be easier to write up when it's all done. But today's theme is hope." He says.

Hope? That's a big thing hope. It has many different meanings to it depending in what way it's being used.

"Hope?" I ask.

"Hope." He nods.

"Okay well what-"

"Nope. No more questions." He says as he closes his eyes and shakes his head like a stubborn toddler.

"Please." I say pulling sarcastic puppy dog eyes and pouting my lower lip.

"Not a chance." He says while lying down on my bed. I sigh and follow his lead as I rest my hands on top of his chest and put my chin on my hands. He looked so pretty from this angle and the way the sun highlighted each and every aspect of his face.

Words were not enough to describe him.

He is a nebula, incredible yet also terrifying through his dominance that he doesn't even have to try and show, it's there but in a way in which will never bother me.

He is an endless sky of stars put into constellations and you cannot fathom him. Perhaps he's like the moon, one side always dark, a side I might never know about. Or maybe he was just purely the sun— shining brighter than anything I've ever come to know.

But maybe he's just a man who puts the universe to shame from the way he outshines it

Or maybe, Just maybe

He's a man that means the universe to me.

"You're very pretty Harry." I say unapologetically.

"Pretty?" He says while sitting up now to face me. I nod at his statement.

"Well. No ones ever called me pretty before." He says while rubbing the back of his neck and blushing slightly.

"Why?" I ask out of confusion.

"I don't know. Maybe it's  because I'm not or.. maybe it's too much of a 'feminine' thing to say to a guy." He says while shrugging his shoulders.

"Pretty isn't feminine. Well, to me anyway."

"Oh yeah? How would you describe pretty." He asks.

"Pretty?" I ask.
" Pretty is you Harry. And if you're asking me to describe how you reach and exceed the definition of pretty – well... I just wish I could describe you in such wonderful detail and a language so lovely. But you'd have to stop me mid sentence and say shut up and kiss me."

"We'll go on then. Describe me."

"Do you not get it?" I ask and chuckle slightly.

"Oh I get it perfectly darling." He says and leaning forward to come closer. He plasters a soft smile across his face as he says

"I just wanted an excuse to say shut up and kiss me."

He then proceeds to place his soft lips against mine and hold it there. It was a long kiss that he held for what felt like years but was only a few seconds.

"I cant wait for Paris." I say as we each break the kiss at the same time.

"Me neither darling. Me neither." He says.

"My mum knows now doesn't she." I say while placing my head into my hands and chuckle slightly, realising this was not the way we planned to tell her.

"She said she was okay with the idea." He says. I part my lips slightly as I process his words. My mum hasn't even known Harry a whole day, she sees him punch my dad–

Tom I mean.

And she is willing to let me go off to Paris for a couple weeks with a stranger, to her anyway.

"Really?" I ask out of shock as that was the only word circling my head right now.

"Yeah. Shocked me too if I'm honest." He says.

I smile brightly and get all giddy on the inside.

"Harry." I say excitedly.

"Yes?" He asks.

"You know what this means?" I say.

"That we're going to Paris together?" He says as if it has been planned for ages. He then stops himself in his own tracks before looking at me with a brighter spark this time.

"Oh my god." He says as he tugs lightly at the roots of his hair.

"I know." I say while smiling until my cheekbones started to hurt.

"Baby, we're going to Paris together!" He exclaims this time before hugging me tightly, causing me to fall backwards on my bed.

"I kno-" before I could finish my sentence he pecks loads of kisses everywhere on my face. I keep my eyes shut as I smile and laugh each time his soft lips meet somewhere against my skin.

"This is going to be the adventure of a life time Aaliyah." He says as he lies down next to me.

"Just you and me." I say as I look at him.

"Forever, my darling."

-

A/N: I love this chapter so much haha.

Hope you're having an amazing day/night.

Stay healthy
Eat and drink plenty
Love always
Treat People With Kindness.

I love you <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

469K 13.6K 105
"aren't we just terrified?" 9-1-1 and criminal minds crossover 9-1-1 season 2- criminal minds season 4- evan buckley x fem!oc
155K 7.2K 52
Four siblings, two elder brothers and two younger sisters living with their rich parents!! Get ready to enter the life of these siblings and their fa...
245K 9.8K 60
π—œπ—‘ π—ͺπ—›π—œπ—–π—› noura denoire is the first female f1 driver in π——π—˜π—–π—”π——π—˜π—¦ OR π—œπ—‘ π—ͺπ—›π—œπ—–π—› noura denoire and charle...
Fake love By :)

Fanfiction

110K 2.6K 41
When your PR team tells you that we have to date a girl on the UCONN women basketball team and you can't say no to it... At first you don't think too...