Iron Man 1 [MCU x OC] [Book 1...

By Peyttyy413

This story takes place during the MCU's Iron Man 1 8 year old Stephanie Stark is Tony Starks adopted daughter... More

Before You Read!
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter two
Chapter three
Chapter four
Chapter five
Chapter six
Chapter eight
Chapter nine
Question?? Please Read
Chapter ten
Chapter eleven
Chapter twelve
Chapter thirteen
Chapter fourteen
sequel !!
ITS OUT!!

Chapter seven

273 8 1
By Peyttyy413

Before you read, just wanted to let you guys know that I did skip a couple of scenes that were in the movie, mostly because I honestly didn't know how to write them. Basically in the movie, Tony goes to an Army base and talks to Rhodes, then he goes back home and starts to build the newest Iron Man suit.  Now I could write these moments but I did start the fan-fic, specifically to focus on Stephanie and her relationship with Tony, during everything that's going on of course. Now those scenes had nothing to do with their relationship, so I'm skipping ahead a bit.

Also those scene don't really have anything to do with the main plot of the story, they were basically filler scenes. This chapter actually starts with Stephanie helping Tony build the suit a little bit after he begins the project, so I didn't skip a lot. 

If you have a problem with this let me know and I will gladly make some changes. Thank you! Enjoy!

__________________________________________

"Okay, let's do this right." Stephanie heard from the top of the staircase. She was bored and felt like bothering Tony for her own amusement. He was down in his lab, and has been for the past couple days, probably working on some secret project. According to Pepper, Tony's workshop was completely off limits to Stephanie, since she could get hurt down there, but Stephanie didn't really care. Tony's workshop was like her own little playground.

Anyway, she was on her way down there when Tony started speaking, she had luckily managed to sneak past the locked door leading down to the workshop. She had her own sneaky little way to get down there. When she got to the bottom of the staircase, she put in the code that Pepper always used to get into the room and quickly snuck in. It looked like Tony was busy doing something stupid. 

He had his two robot dummy's helping him out. One had a camera, and the other... well Stephanie didn't know what the other was doing. Tony had on these big metal boots that were honestly quite loud and annoying, he was speaking instructions out load, probably to Jarvis or something. Tony then let out a large breath and turned to the robot dummy behind him. Stephanie quickly ducked out of the way. 

"Dummy, look alive. You're on standby for fire safety." Tony then turned to the second dummy in front of him. "You, roll it."

'Fire safety? What could this idiot possibly be doing now that he would be needing fire safety?' Steph's eyebrows were furrowed in confusion. If he lights this house on fire, she's calling child services. 

"Okay. Activate hand controls." Tony was standing on a platform with his knees slightly bent and his hand out in front of him. She was holding what Stephanie believed to be the 'hand controls'. "We're gonna start off nice and easy. We're gonna see if 10% thrust capacity achieves lift." he started to count down. "And three...... two...... one."

Oh he lifted all right. Tony literally flew backwards in the the slanted ceiling about him. Stephanie could help but burst out laughing. What did he expect was gonna happen. After he crumbled to the ground, the dummy working fire safety sprayed Tony with a fire extinguisher for at least 1 minute. Tony didn't seem to hear Stephanie laughing so he got back up and started to fix whatever was wrong with the boots. Stephanie sat back in the corner of the room silently watching. 

For a while Tony was typing on a computer, then her was working and moving stuff around in hologram form, which was so cool in Stephanie's mind. He was literally able to stick his hand into what looked like a holographic arm case... thing, and movie it around. That's sick. 

____________

After a while of working, Tony was able to make his hologram come to life. He was testing out of the arm of the suit fit on his actual arm. While doing so he didn't see Stephanie, who was now asleep in the far side of the room on a spinny chair, or Pepper who was now walking down the staircase to the room until she started typing her code in. 

At the sound of the small beeping noises, Tony turned to his assisted, who was walking into the room with a large box and a coffee.

"I've been buzzing you. Did you hear the intercom?" She said.

"Huh?"

"Obadiah's upstairs." She set the stuff on a table across from Tony.

"Great! I'll be right up." He then lifter his arm off the table and tested the suits movements as he bended and straightened his arm.

"I thought you said you were done making weapons."

"I am," his voice was gravely, "this is a flight stabilizer. It's completely harmless." After saying that the 'completely harmless' stabilizer then fired an energy blast. the force blowing Tony backwards and cause Pepper to cover her ears. However the noises weren't enough to wake Stephanie up. "I didn't expect that." Tony laughed, and Pepper sighed a sigh of relief.

"Okay, enough of that. Now have you seen Steph?" Pepper asked.

"Who?" Tony pushed him self off the floor and walked over to the table he was working on.

"Stephanie." 

"Oh, uh. Nope. I thought she was in her room." Tony started to take off the prosthetic arm.

"Well, she has to be here some-" Pepper stopped as she looked at the 8 year olds sleeping figure.  She chuckled.

"Oh my god, I didn't even know she was down here." Tony looked at the girl. Her blonde hair was resting over her tiny face and her breaths were quiet and slow. She would've looked adorable, if her lower half of her body wasn't hangin off the chair. She looked like she was about to fall. 

"How did she sleep through that?" 

"Heavy sleeper?" Tony looked down at the table and began cleaning himself up. "Maybe she's dead." He joked.

"Shut up." Pepper slapped his chest and walked over to Stephanie, She nudged her a couple times before she started to stir. Once she did, she got up and grabbed a hold of Pepper's hand. Pepper smiled and led her to the staircase. "Be up quickly, Tony."  And they walked up. 

"Tony laughed quietly and got ready to head up stairs.

________________

Stephanie was standing on the couch behind Pepper looking over her shoulder to see what Pepper was typing on the laptop in her lap. Uncle Obie was playing a song on the piano. It was peaceful, until Tony came upstairs. 

"How'd it go?" He asked Obadiah, he didn't get and answer. "It went that bad, huh?"

"Just because I brought pizza back from New York doesn't mean it went bad." Obadiah said, pausing from the piano.

Tony was now sitting behind Stephane and opened a pizza box on the coffee table. "Uh-huh. Sure doesn't. Oh, boy." He grabbed a slice before turning to Stephanie, She was standing on his light colored couch. "Hey, hey," He smacked her lightly on the back, "Sit you butt down, Goldilocks." She frowned and plopped down on the couch bouncing a little. She went to reach for her own slice of pizza. 

"It would have gone better if you were there." Obie got up from the piano and walked over.

"Uh-huh."Tony shook his head. "You told me to lay low. That's what I've been doing. I lay low, and you take care of all..."

"hey come on. In public. The press." Obie stated. "This was a board of directors meeting."

"This was a board of directors meeting?" Tony acted shocked.

"The board is claiming you have post traumatic stress. They're filing an injunction."

"A what?"

"They wanna lock you out."

"Why? 'Cause the stock dipped 40 points? We knew that was gonna happen."

"Fifty-six." Pepper pitched in. 

"Actually fifty-six, and a half." Stephanie said. He mouth was full so it was muffled a bit. Tony looked at the girl in shock.

"What. Wait, no. That doesn't matter. We own the controlling interest in the company." 

"Tony, the board has right, too." All heads turned to Obadiah. "They're making the case that you and your new direction isn't in the companies best interest."

"I'm being responsible! That's the new direction for me, for the company." Obadiah looked at Tony in shock and surprise, as did Pepper, Stephanie just grabbed another slice of pizza. "I mean, me on the company's behalf being responsible for the way that..." Pepper sighed at his response. "Oh, that's great."

"Tony. Tony" Obadiah tried to get his attention as Tony got up from his seat. 

"I'll be in the shop." Tony even took the pizza with him. 

Obadiah got up and followed Tony. Stephanie turned to Pepper in betrayal. "He took the pizza." Pepper laughed and rubbed her back, Stephanie took a sad bite out of the rest of her slice. 

"Alright, well, then the pizza stays with me." Obie voice brought Stephanie out of her temporary depression. She saw that he took the pizza from Tony. "Go on, here, you can have a piece." Tony grabbed his final piece and left the room, heading back down to the workshop. Obie sighed.

"Can I have one more slice, Uncle Obie." Stephanie stood back up on the couch. Obadiah turned back around with a confused face.

"You already had two pieces." 

Stephanie shrugged. "So."

________________________________

Hiiiii!!

I know it's another short and rushed chapter, BUT. IT"S New Years EVE. And I have food calling my name and need to finish this chapter quickly. Also I hope you read the A/N in the beginning it's pretty important. I also didn't edit this chapter since, I'm in a hurry so if you see and imperfection PLEASE let me know and I will fix them.

That's all I have for you today, Happy New Years Eve everyone. I know we can't go to parties since Miss Rona😪 but I still hope you all have fun. I love you all, I hope you are eating, drinking, and staying healthy. BYE!

-Peyty

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.8K 124 10
Emmeline Stark, illegitimate daughter of playboy billionaire Tony Stark, has approximately no experience with love or friendship in comparison to jus...
2.1M 64.3K 25
"You can't be my kid, I've got way too many responsibilities." Tony crossed his arms and stood his ground. This wasn't just an argument over chocolat...
11.7K 310 38
Peter Parker, a 15-year-old teenager, can't believe his luck the day billionaire Tony Stark, also known as Iron Man, shows up at his house to offer t...
13.2K 493 21
[ON HOLD] 6 years old. That was Y/N's age when the genius, billionaire, ex-playboy, philanthropist Tony Stark found her. That was the age she was f...