THE THIRD HEIR; atla

By celestebride

❝ if you fight fire with fire, then the whole world will go up in smoke.❞ ─ Soza | Zuko, the first Fire Natio... More

───── Characters β•‘
───── Facts about Soza β•‘
───── Book One β•‘Ch. 1
───── Book One β•‘Ch. 2
───── Book One β•‘Ch. 3
───── Book One β•‘ Ch. 4
───── Book One β•‘Ch. 5
───── Book One β•‘Ch. 6
───── Book Two β•‘Start
───── Book Two β•‘Ch. 1
───── Book Two β•‘Ch. 2
───── Book Two β•‘Ch. 3
───── Book Three β•‘Start
───── Book Three β•‘ Ch. 1
───── Book Three β•‘ Ch. 2
───── Book Three β•‘ Ch. 3
───── Book Three β•‘ Ch. 4
───── Book Three β•‘ Ch. 5
───── Book Three β•‘ Ch. 6
───── Book Three β•‘Ch. 7
───── Book Threeβ•‘Ch. 8
───── Book Threeβ•‘Ch. 9
───── Book Threeβ•‘Ch. 10
───── Book Threeβ•‘Ch. 11
───── Book Threeβ•‘Ch. 12
───── Book Threeβ•‘Ch. 13
───── SEQUEL

───── Book Two β•‘Ch. 4

5.2K 156 6
By celestebride

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█ █▓▒░ ░▒▓█

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█ █▓▒░ ░▒▓█

▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝

"But neither of you are Kyoshi Warriors, are you, " Long Feng smirked cruelly from the floor of his prison cell.  

"Princesses Azula and Soza of the Fire Nation!"

Azula's face portrayed a look a small surprise, whereas, Soza merely raised a brow in interest at the Earth King's ex-advisor. Both of the Fire Nation twins shifted in the Dai Li's hold.

"What do you want?" they both asked in unison harshly.

"I want," Long Feng started to stand up from the cold, damp floor, "to make a deal. It's time that I regain control of Ba Sing Se, and you both have something I need..."

"Oh?" Azula prompted.

"The Earth King's trust," he finished as the twins both glanced at each other from their amber eyes.

"Why should we help you?" they prompted further, asking for a even trade.

"Because," Long Feng smirked as he sat down again, "I can get you both the Avatar."

▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝

"The Earth King and the Council of Five do not trust the Dai Li."

Azula spoke firmly from the stage that she stood atop. With the correct pulling of strings, she, Soza, Mai, and Ty-lee had gathered all the Dai Li members in a hidden room, far beneath the palace. Soza sat on one of the statues as Mai reclined lazily next to her, both watching Azula strike fear into the hearts of the cold Dai Li.

"They imprisoned your leader, Long Feng," she continued. "Soon they will turn on all of you, and eliminate you and seize power." 

She continued speaking as she walked strictly down the stone steps, walking in front of each Dai Li member searching for a weakness to prod at. She then continued with her little speech.

"It is a matter of life and death. This coup must be swift and decisive. The Earth King, and each of the five generals, must be taken out, simultaneously. Long Feng has placed you all under me and my sister's command," she gestured up at her younger sibling, who in return, came to stand beside her, "while we overthrow the government." Azula paused. 

"If we sense any hesitation, any disloyalty, any weaknesses at all," Soza took over the speech. "We will snuff it out!"

"That is all." Azula and Soza said together in unison as the Dai Li bowed, before exiting in straight, perfect―probably rehearsed―lines.

*

*

*

"Nice speech, Azula," Ty-lee praised, as she poured a cup of tea for the older twin―Soza had rejected the tea offer―before passing the cup over to Azula. "It was pretty and poetic, but also scary in a good way!"

"Yeah," Mai looked amused when she started to speak. "I thought you were gonna make that one guy pee his pants," she snickered.

"There are still a few loose ends," Azula said, sounding serious as she held the cup of warm tea. "The Avatar, our brother, and our Uncle." She finished, glancing right behind her at her younger sister.

"True," Soza admitted as she walked up the stairs after her sister. "But I heard that the Avatar is out of the city."

"As long as this is quick, we should have nothing to worry about."

▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝

"What's taking so long?"

Zuko questioned from his seat in front of an empty Earth King throne. He, and his uncle, had gotten a message from the Earth King, saying that they were to serve tea to his majesty. But the Earth King who had sent the scroll was nowhere to be found.

"Maybe the Earth King overslept?" Iroh―his uncle―suggested as he finished pouring the tea. 

Both of their heads turned however when lines of Dai Li agents started walking into the room. There was a strict line in front, a line behind, and soon the Dai Li formed a circle around the banished Prince and failure Uncle.

"Something's not right......" Zuko whispered under his breath, turning lightly over to his uncle. 

"It's tea time." 

Two familiar voices entered the fray, as the two younger siblings of the banished Prince walked into the room.

"Azula!" Zuko shouted, standing up quickly.

"I'm hurt brother, what about me?" Soza simpered to her older brother, who in return, glared at her. Soza snickered softly.

"Have you met the Dai Li?" Azula started again. "They're Earth-benders, but they have a killer instinct that's so Fire-bender." Soza's amber eyes twinkled from her position next to her sister.

"We just love it!" They exclaimed together, twin smirks on their twin faces. 

"Did I ever tell you how I got the nick-name the 'Dragon of the West'?" Iroh asked the twins, seeming calm about the tense situation. 

"We are not interested in a lengthy anecdote, Uncle." They said in unison once more. Soza raised her hand in front of her face, looking at her nails.

"It's more of a demonstration, really," Iroh admitted, raising his cup of flaming tea to his mouth. 

Soza narrowed her golden, amber eyes, as she saw Zuko smirk.

Orange flames danced from his mouth, as the Dai Li agents leaned down, blocking the fire from reaching their new leaders. Zuko had crouched behind his uncle, staying out of the fire's range. 

The flames were so intense that they had blasted through the wall, and Zuko leaped out of the room, followed by Iroh who breathed fire one last time before running with his nephew. 

The Dai Li ran out after them and started to throw rocks at the banished Prince and failure Uncle. Each rock impaled the wall, leaving dents that would surely show later.

With another blast of fire, Iroh tumbled through the now broken wall, and fell, landing on a bush that cushioned him from the hard ground.

"Come on!" he shouted at his nephew. "You'll be fine!" He tried to convince his stubborn nephew to hurry and jump.

"No!" Zuko shut down the offer of running. "I'm tired of running. It's time I faced Azula and Soza!"

Iroh facepalmed.

*

*

*

"You really are so dramatic," Soza said, one of her hands on her hip as Azula smirked next to her. "Huh, Zuzu~" She teased.

"What," Azula took over after her younger sister, her hands were crossed behind her back. "Are you going to challenge us to an Agni Kai?"

"Yes!"―Soza raised a brow as he spoke―"I challenge you two!"

"No, thanks."

And with that, the two twins left their older brother in the hands of the Dai Li, literally.

▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█ █▓▒░ ░▒▓█

Vote, comment, or follow!

~RayaRain11

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█ █▓▒░ ░▒▓█

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 30.2K 50
(Y/n) has had a hard life. Her mother was killed, father went to war, and had to protect her twin brother and little sister Sokka and Katara for as l...
174K 6.4K 59
3 years after the end of the series, Zuko brings Azula home. It isn't easy but with time, Azula is able to heal, and find family and friends. As she...
34.5K 811 12
Y/N Seang, a noble girl daughter to one of the most important clan in the Fire Nation, is a girl who grew up learning the way of fire. As the people...
15.6K 446 9
You are Bolin's twin and the youngest sibling by 13 minutes. Somehow you got the fire bender gene while your twin got the earth bending one. Your bro...