A Troubled Family || Newsies...

By Broadway_Crackers

In a World where everyone has a tattoo on their chest (their soulmate's) and a mark on their dominant hand (t... More

Chapter 1 - Prologue
Chapter 2 - Anthony
Chapter 3 - Albert
Chapter 4 - Anthony
Chapter 5 - Spot
Chapter 6 - Anthony
Chapter 7 - Jack
Chapter 8 - Specs
Chapter 9 - Jack
Chapter 10 - Anthony
Chapter 11 - Spot
Chapter 12 - Anthony
Chapter 13 - Romeo
Chapter 14 - Mush
Chapter 15 - Albert
Chapter 16 - Anthony
Chapter 17 - Specs
Chapter 19 - Albert
Chapter 20 - Buttons
Chapter 21 - Spot
Chapter 22 - Anthony
Chapter 23 - Albert
Chapter 24 - Anthony
Chapter 25 - Smalls
Chapter 26 - Spot
Chapter 27 - Anthony
Chapter 28 - Medda
Chapter 29 - Anthony
Chapter 30 - Buttons
Chapter 31 - Anthony/Racetrack
Chapter 32 - Anthony/Racetrack
Chapter 33 - Jack
Chapter 34 - Tommy boy
Chapter 35 - Les
Chapter 36 - Smokes
Chapter 37 - Finch
Chapter 38 - Sniper
Chapter 39 - Spot
Chapter 40 - Race
Chapter 41 - Jack/Medda

Chapter 18 - Anthony

446 11 32
By Broadway_Crackers

- Chapter 18 - Just Taking -
Warnings: None really.
Third Person POV

Anthony walked with Jack and Mush down the hallway, to his and Mush's room.

"So what did you say to Romeo to get him to agree?" Mush questions. Anthony smirks to himself.

He shakes his head. "Still classified information."

Jack and Mush pout at him. "Anthony!"

Anthony shrugs. "Sorry."

The three boys walk into Anthony and Mush's room.

Blink hung hanging from Mush's top bunk, over the edge, upside down.

Albert sat on the floor, leaning against the closet door, and Spot was standing next to him, also leaning against the closet door.

Anthony let's out a yelp, jumping backwards and falling onto his butt on the floor. He had no clue they were in there.

The boys all laugh, as Jack and Mush help Anthony up. "Dang Anth, it's really easy to scare you, even when we're not trying to."

Anthony glares at Spot, trying to look intimidating, but he was failing. "Close your mouth and stop exercising your vocal cords."

The boys all laugh again. "Wow. That's a new way to 'shut up'. I kinda want to see if Davey can do better that."

"That's what you get from a Science honors kids" Anthony shrugs, going to sit down next to Albert.

"Davey is also a Science honors kid" Jack responds. Anthony shrugs.

Davey leans against the door next to his older boyfriend. "That I am, but you all are not worth using the energy to figure out bigger words when I could just say 'shut up'."

The boys all laugh again. "Am I worth it?"

Davey rolls his eyes. "Yes, Mush, you are. For you, I'll say 'close your mouth and stop exercising your vocal cords' like Anthony said to Spot."

The boys start laughing harder.

Davey, Jack, and Crutchie sat on the floor next to Blink and Mush, who sat on Anthony's bunk.

Spot and Albert sat on either side of Anthony, while Albert kept trying to pull Anthony into his lap.

Anthony would blush, push himself off of Albert, and ignore Albert's pouting.

"So, you gonna tell us where you, Tommy boy, Buttons, and Romeo sneak off to a lot?" Mush questions. Anthony throws him a look.

Anthony shakes his head. "Not for at least two weeks."

Mush pouts and goes to speak, but Anthony cuts him off. "Drop the subject, Mush."

"Okay," Albert starts, smirking at Spot a bit. "When are you gonna kiss one of us?"

Anthony turns bright red, hiding his face in his shirt.

"Aww," Spot coos. "Don't be embarrassed Anthony. I get that we're so hot you can't handle it."

"Jack," Anthony's very embarrassed and confused voice starts. "Please, help me."

The boys laugh as Jack shakes his head. "Sorry Anth, you are on your own."

Anthony groans. "I need to talk to Medda about going somewhere for a few."

Albert laughs in a monotone voice. "Ha, ha ha, no. Not right now, it's soulmate time."

"Albie," Anthony whines, looking Albert in the eyes.

"Dang child, if you keep looking me in the eyes I'm gonna kiss you," Albert states. Anthony blushes.

Anthony quickly gets up, and sits across the room from Albert and Spot, blushing like mad.

Albert and Spot pout. "Anthony."

"No." Anthony cuts them off. "I am putting the flirting on pause and mind-controlling you to let me be in peace for a few minutes."

The other boys laugh. "I'm not sure that's how it works."

Anthony tilts his head to the side, looking like a confused puppy. "Why? Romeo's magic."

Mush and Jack laugh. He's definitely an innocent child. It's like he was never told that this stuff doesn't exist.

Spot gets up and stands next to Anthony.

"Romeo's just magic anyway. You my friend," Spot picks Anthony up and tickles him. "are not magic in that way, but we still love you."

Anthony squeals, giggling as he tries to get away from Spot.

The other boys laugh as they watch Anthony and Spot.

After a few minutes, Spot lets Anthony go and goes back to sit down next to Albert.

Anthony sits back down, arms crossed, acting like he was annoyed. "Darn being ticklish."

The boys laugh again. "You're cute."

Anthony blushes madly, looking away from Albert and Spot, who both laugh.

"Does Medda even know you guys are soulmates?" Crutchie questions.

Anthony, Albert, and Spot share eye-wide looks.

Anthony gets and opens the door. "This has been fun, but I'll be back soon."

He leaves without another word, and walks down to Medda's office.

He knocks a few times before she says he can come in.

Medda's warm smile greets him when he walks in. "Hey Anthony, everything okay?"

Anthony smiles, nodding. He takes off his glove and shows Medda his soulmate mark.

Medda's eyes widen when she sees it. "Is that the same mark that is Spot and Albert's chest? You're their third soulmate?"

Anthony nods, smiling slightly. "Jack and Specs found out a few months ago. The thing a few days ago where I had a rough night, that was because I was tired and overwhelmed cause Jack made me tell them so I wasn't risking my life anymore."

Medda smiles, engulfing Anthony is a hug. "Anthony, that's great, minus the risking your life part. I'm so happy for you. Are you happy?"

Anthony nods. "Really happy."

Medda smiles, running her hands through his hair. "I'm glad, honey. Anything else bothering you?"

Anthony shakes his head, pulling away. "Not really. The boys are all really nice, and I really like my tap sessions with Romeo, Buttons, and Tommy boy. They're slowly starting to convince me to tell the others."

Medda smiles. "That's wonderful. I'm sure the others will be really happy when they find out. Do you do any other types of dance?"

Anthony nods. "I'm self taught. I know a good amount of other kinds though. Tap just happens to be the one I'm best at and my favorite. I'm gonna ask Tommy boy, Romeo, and Buttons if we can practice a few other kinds as well."

Medda nods. "That's good."

Anthony nods, smiling.

Medda takes his hands in her own. "Remember, you can talk to any of us if you need it. Never feel like you can't. We are all there for you."

Anthony smiles. "Thank you, Miss Medda."

"You're welcome, Anthony. Now go hang out with the boys." Medda tells Anthony, who groans.

"I've already been really social today. Now you're telling me that I have to be more social?" Anthony questions. Medda laughs.

"That's exactly what I'm telling you. Go. Be. Social." She laughs, pushing him out of the room.

Anthony laughs.

1116 Words

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

121K 6.2K 20
It's a soulmate story. I don't want to spoil too much before it actually begins, but as you might deduce from the title it has something to do with t...
11.7K 292 20
A oneshot compilation for the broadway version of Newsies that began with someone else's typo (here's lookin at you, @omg_im_totes_biii): There are l...
16.9K 420 13
❝we were just so close it's tragic❞ The life of a newsie is tough, especially when you happen to be the only girl in a sea full of boys. Head strong...
866K 42.3K 31
[A WATTPAD FEATURED STORY] If you touch your skin with ink, the marks you make will appear on your soulmate's skin too. Those who have this power...