Moon Lovers ✓

By nari_elle

"Ouchh!" I winced in pain, struggling to get back on my feet. Squatting beside me, he stared at me in a ridic... More

🌙1| Throwback
🌙2|Memories Ahead
🌙4|Reminders
🌙5|Rumours
🌙6| Moments
🌙7| Gists
🌙8| Gaming
🌙9| Leftovers
🌙10|Decisions
🌙11|Propositions
🌙12| Swift escape
🌙13|Problems
🌙14|Accusations
🌙15| Drama
🌙16|Murder
🌙17| Revelations
🌙18|Slides
🌙19|Chaos
🌙20|Dilemna
🌙21|Prophecy
🌙22| Restrictions
🌙23|Surprises
🌙24|Frustrations
🌙25| Identity
🌙26|Flashbacks
🌙27| It continues
🌙28|Distinctions
🌙29| Death perks
🌙30| Pain
🌙31|More problems
🌙32| Reflections
🌙33| Stakes
🌙34| Temptations
🌙35| Drafts
🌙36| Reverse
🌙37| Torment
🌙38|Judgement
🌙39| Ends meet
Trailer: Blood Moon (Moon Series #2)

🌙3|Mysteries

155 16 0
By nari_elle

💎

And that's my story. I'm in New York trying to overcome my grief over mom's death. But I had to find out what happened and further my studies. After the call from the police, I needed to go back and get the results of my mom's autopsy. The thought of going back to Miami to my misery made me boorish.

I took my time to pack up and get ready to confront what I abandoned a year ago. I stood at the station in a long black coat reaching my knees, black heels, crop top and sea blue jeans. I was lucky to board the first bus that approached me.

The steps on the bus were slippery due to the snow so I took careful steps,sitting closer to the window. I crossed my legs and fixed earpiece to draw back from reality. Due to the cold air, I squeezed myself at a corner to keep warm.

The journey was long, quiet, cool and chilly. The bus moved slowly in the streets. I saw people passing. Some were quarreling and others were making up. But what drew my attention was a group of people gathered around something. A little boy sitting by me was crying and calling out to his mom who was absent.

I took out a chocolate and gave it to him. He smiled, "Thanks". I held his cheeks and sqaushed it with a smile on my face. "Welcome."

All of a sudden the bus stopped. I thought we were there already, so I stood up with others but the bus sparked again with immense speed. My heart began to beat irregularly as I watched outside. The speed was too much to even look at one scenery for even a second.

The passengers were shouting out their wits. "Stop the bus!" we all yelled towards the driver when we reached the bridge. The screeching noise from beneath the train made it quite difficult to reach the driver.

As a passenger tried to get to the driver's seat, she let out a loud scream finding the seat empty. What was even more mind blowing was the driver wasn't even in the car. The others began to tremble in fear I was taken aback by this. What's happening in this town? I looked outside the window but it was totally blank.

"Aaaahhh!" we yelled while pushing the door,but it didn't budge. I got up, closed my eyes and drew my mind out of the bus imagining the worst when I remembered my mom. Tears streamed down as I waited for the worst. Screeching sounds were heard from the car tires as the car moved to and fro.

When I opened my eyes, I realized I was outside the car, a few meters from the bridge. But the bus was burning fiercely as the people cried out in pain. "What? Why am I here? Someone help!" I yelled running to call for help. I saw the fire patrols approaching with ambulances.

Parking under the bridge, a nurse stepped out quickly and rushed to me. My trembling head jerks up when someone tapped my shoulder.

Staring at the burning bus, the fire patrols dashed towards it with their truck. Gathering the bodies, my eyes flickered at each one. None of the bodies brought out survived. Apart from having burns all over, their bodies were burnt beyond recognition.

"You're lucky you came out. You're bleeding in your arm. Follow me," she said holding my hand. Hesitating, I stare at the stretchers being dragged into the ambulance. Quite a number of people had started to gather around whispering.

"What about them. Were there any survivors?" I cried when I thought of the little boy. "They're doing their best. Now let's treat you," she consoled. I looked back one last time wiping my tears.

I went with her willingly watching them extinguishing the car. She sat me down in one of the rooms in the hospital and applied antibiotics before she dried it with a bundle of cotton.

"You should take care of this would for the next three days," she prescribed while putting some medications in my hand.

"In case you feel any pain, take these." she added and smiled at me finishing the last touches.

I nodded and thanked her before getting up. I left the hospital and walked around cluelessly thinking. I stopped by the counter and smiled lightly at them. "Where there any survivors in the fire?" She looked through the document and shook her head. Folding my lips, I turn around in thoughts.

Home was a few miles away so I decided to walk. When I got to the gate, the house looked completely abandoned.

I remembered when I used to run around in the garden when I was little while mom chased me with a bottle of milk. How I used to hated milk then. She would catch me in no time and hug me from behind, exactly around the chrysanthemums.

"Come here," she would say squatting in front of me of me with a large smile.

My thoughts were disturbed by a woman when she stops beside me. "Miss, here are the keys you asked me to keep." I took them silently and opened the door.

All the furniture was covered with a white sheet,and the walls were a bit dusty. I rushed to my room first. Everything was exactly as I left it. I threw myself on the bed after cleaning up and closed my eyes for a moment.

I stared at the ceiling thinking of my next move. I fell asleep a few minutes later. When I woke up, I realized I had to face my friends whom I had left behind without saying goodbye. I got up, freshened up, wore white inner with green coat, applied smokey makeup and black jeans with a ponytail on my head.

I then took to my heels to Beverly Hills. The sounds from the students brought back fresh memories. I took careful steps towards the entrance. I sighed closing my eyes before I walked in. My locker was still intact when I checked. The only different thing I noticed was the students. Some look new while others watched me as I walked.

Opening the door to Algebra class,a teacher welcomed me. "So class...this is Clara Dickson. She's been away for sometime, let's welcome her," Mrs Susan said followed by a round of applause. "There's an empty seat beside that student, please get comfortable," smiled Mrs Susan.

I nodded and marched towards him as I realized everyone eye was on me, especially Nathan. When he realized I was looking at him, he turned immediately.

I quietly sat next to him. But a sudden thought struck me. He was the same guy I saw on the hallway. He was busily scrapping something on his notebook. He didn't even turn to look at me for a moment nor spark any conversation. I also kept the game on by remaining silent

When the bell tolled for closing, I packed my books in a haste to avoid questions from my classmates, but I guess I wasn't lucky.

"So how are you?" Kate asked. When I turned back, the boy was actually gone just like that. He didn't even say hi or acknowledge my presence as his sitting partner. "Clara?" Tricia commented and tapped my shoulder.

I knew I had to answer them. Smiling, I replied, "Well, am good." Folding my lips, I turned around looking for that boy but I didn't find him in the hall.

"I know about your mom and we're sorry about that. But why did you leave without telling us?" Jess complained as she held my bag to prevent me from running away.

"I wanted to be away from everything that reminds me of my plight. I'm sorry if I hurt you guys, and if you don't want to be friends anymore I'd understand."

Sighing, they turned when they heard noises from someone pulling his chair back in a hurry racing out. They quickly twirl to me and tune their eyes to alert me. When I turned back, I found Nathan packing up in a hurry.

"Go. We don't blame you, okay. Go!" Tricia explained to encourage me to go after him. Nodding, I rushed out if my seat and grabbed my bag. I searched for him desperately at the hall but didn't find him.

I remembered our favorite spot and rushed the only to see him rerunning towards the exit. "Wait..Nathan," I yelled after grabbing his hand.

"What do you want?" he retorted coldly. I took a deep breath before concluding on how to start the conversation. "It's been long. I wanted to know how you were doing."

He sarcastically replied holding his bag up. "Seriously? After a year now, you now want to know how I'm doing?" He quickly removed my hand from his. I saw them standing behind the wall watching me. Sighing, I look up into his eyes. "I'm sorry about that. But you have to understand me," I persisted.

He furrowed his eyebrows, "No...I can't. You were thinking about yourself then, forgetting that you had friends who cared for you. You know what? I sometimes wondered why you didn't even call or text for a whole year. But you're now asking how we are. I'm sorry but I can't, I just can't," he recited, looked down for a second and just left me hanging, all alone in the hall.

I was devastated that I had lost my best friend in a split second. He stopped for a second walking back to me. "And, do you know why I asked you to meet me here? I had something very important to tell you. But...you didn't give any importance to that. You didn't show up even after I stupidly waited for you. Thanks for rubbing it in my face!" he added and opened the door before he banged it. This made quite a commotion in the hall but after a moment, it was quiet.

I stood motionless and confused. He was right. I really hurt him. But he should also understand me. Holding on to my bag, Jess and Tricia joined me. "Give him sometime okay," Jess advised

"Yeah, he's not really at fault," Tricia accentuated.

I placed my bag at my back angrily and turned to them. "You're also criticizing me?", I groaned. Furious, I erased eye contact with her and walked away.

"Clara wait. That's not what I meant, he was disturbed when you took a French leave. His grades even dropped at a point. He even sat after school at the lovers bench everyday waiting for you, "they all explained.

I looked down quietly after hearing this. Stopping a few metres from them, Jess sighed.

"He'll come around. Don't worry," Kate declared after walking to stand beside me with a light smile. I nodded and left them in thoughts.

Picking a bus scared me so I walked home. The streets were too calm for my liking. I started walking faster after hearing steps at my back. I heard steps drawing closer but every time I checked, no one was there. Before I had began my journey, there were people around me. But when I dived deeper, all of them seemed to have disappeared.

The wind became stronger causing the leaves on the streets to move towards one direction. The wind became stronger by every passing minute and drawing me backwards. I began running with all my might because this wasn't the first time. When this happened, I almost died.

I felt the power of something struck me from behind making me immobile. I still managed to lift my legs and took to my heels. There was no one to call out to, nor nothing to hold on to. Every thing seems blurry in my sight.

The wind kept pulling me back. Holding my breath, I said in a trembling voice, "Who are you. What do you want from me?" I yelled while covering my face.

"That's not needed. You're coming with me," the voice answered.

I couldn't see anything,except for the laughter of my pursuer.

"I've been searching for you for years now. I won't let you run away. You're quite lucky you didn't die in the bus," he mocked giving me the creeps. Turning around slowly, I couldn't help but to sob.

"You killed them?" I asked shaking miserably. "Of course. But you escaped that. Not this one though," he said before raising his hand.

I closed my eyes meditating like I did back there. When I felt a sudden magical spark all over me, my eyes became dangerously red and my hands and legs moved in a weird way as everything became blank

Comment 🌸 Vote 🌸 Share

A/N- Thanks for reading. I'm sure your understanding of the story is increasing by every chapter. Please vote and comment

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

618 22 21
*** "Wanna know something funny..." He whispered as he leaned into me, His lips brushing gently against the shell of my ear, his warm breath sending...
78.5K 1.7K 32
I walked out of the bathroom and felt a presence behind me. I turned around and I felt a pair of strong arms around my waist and slammed me into the...
4.3M 117K 53
"I don't want to go with you" I whispered... Big mistake. I screamed as he slammed me down to the ground hard and held my neck, he straddled my hip...
176K 5.6K 31
**********MATURE CONTENT(18+)********** I made my way to the huge brick house. Roses were scattered all across the ground that led me to the front do...