Bounty & A Solo (The Mandalor...

By InkMonster1

Aria Solo takes a bounty job where she and a Mandalorian have to fight for their lives. "I saved him." "You... More

Aria Solo
The Solo Soul Snatcher
Two Assets
The Child
Jawas
Incandescence Crystal
The Egg
Payment
Breaking Code
Let's Play a Game
Soup
Matrimony
A Different Kiss
Fighting for a Village
Doubt and Choice
Meet the Solos
Meet the Solos - 2
Aria's Past Gunslinger
Friend or Foe
Past Returns to the Present
The A Team
Favor the Bold
Love is True
A Dark Pull
Old Friends
Heal
Last Heroic Act
Control
Wedding Bells
The Marshal
The Deadly Dragon
Frog in the Crest
Frozen
Worsen
Your Help is Needed
Test Subject Awaiting
The Jedi
Destroy this... Sickness
Jedi Temple
The Deal is not Done
Team Up
Rescue
Fin

Brother of 3

1.6K 66 0
By InkMonster1

"Looks like we made it. Get ready for landing." The Razor Crest shakes as Din tries to land softly. "Dank farrik! The landing array isn't responding. Without the guidance system, it'll be a manual re-entry. It might get choppy. Once we're through the atmosphere, there should be enough fuel to slow down... If we don't burn to a crisp." "What?" I yell in shock. "We just escaped death and we're flying right back into it." Din grabs my hands. "Come up here. I need your hands!" I stifle a laugh in the worst of times. "Aria, be serious! This lever needs to stay back." "Okay, okay!" I pull the lever back as hard as I can. The Crest plummeting down from the stars, the metal turning red hot and flames growing around us.

"Razor Crest, this is Trask flight control. Please reduce your speed to port protocol." The commander speaks to us through the communications.

"I'm trying my best here." Din quickly maneuvers around and switches buttons along with pegs.  "Engage reverse thrusters. Brace! Hold on." Din's ship continues on at the same pace. "Razor Crest, do you copy? You have to reduce speed."

"Almost there, almost there." Din says under his breath. I looked at him shocked. "How are you planning to do this?" I scream.

"Razor Crest, do you copy? Razor Crest, you're coming in too fast. You have to re..."

We break the sky of the atmosphere, treading down to the panel. "Mando!" "Shh! Here we go." He lands the ship lightly, but tipping us over to the side, falling into the water. "Yeah, nice and easy, huh?" I say falling on the ground and rubbing my hands together.

Once out of the ship we're approached by a fellow mechanic. He looks at the Crest in disarray. "So, how can I help you?" "Can you fix it?" I put my head against my hand. "Fix it?" I step forward with credits in hand. "Can you make it fly?" He nods, taking a hold of the payment. "I'll fuel it up. If it still holds fuel."

Din places the child in my arms softly. "I know you're hungry. We'll get you something to eat." I follow Din on the docks as he follows Mrs. Frog to her Husband. Mr. Frog bows his head, speaking to Din in I'm guessing a thank you. "You're welcome. I was told you could lead me to others of my kind." He nods, gesturing to the buildings behind him. "The inn? Over there?"

Din places his hand on the small of my back leading us into the building. The keeper nods his head. "Have a seat over there. What can I get you?" "Nothing for me. A bowl of chowder for my little one. Anything for you, sweet?" I shake my head smiling.

"These seats are scarce, buddy. Everyone seated needs to eat."

"I can buy something else. Information. Have you seen others that look like me?" Din slides credits across the table.

The keeper shrugs. "Others with beskar have been through here." "Who can take me to them?"

"I know someone who might help." He pours soup into a small bowl in front of the child. Suddenly a creature (for flavoring of course)  pops out of the bowl and on to the kids face. "Oh!" I jump coving my mouth, holding in laughter. I lift the creature off of him and hit it on the table before putting it back into the bowl. "Don't play with your food." Din says to him. "Mando, he's a kid. Let him be, darling."

An individual walked across the floor to us. Looking at Mando specifically. "Hmm. You seek others of your kind?" "Have you seen them?" Din lowers his head in hopes. "Aye. I can bring you to them."

"Where?" I ask, gaining his attention. He looks down at the saber, then back to me. "Only a few hours' sail. It'll cost you, though." Din pulls me closer. "I need you to stay here with the-" "No." I pick the kid up in my arms. "We will meet you at the docks." I say before walking out.

Din races up catching my arm. "You never listen." "You shouldn't expect me to, Mando. I'm your wife, not a puppet." I kiss his helmet before bouncing on my heels.

~

The stilted wind hitting my cheeks out in the ocean. The child in his pod looking at the surroundings in peace. The leader comes close to Din and I. "You ever see a mamacore eat? Quite a sight. Child might take an interest. You should take a look. Come on over here. Get a good view. Let the kid see." I narrow my eyes, staying back and allowing Din to take control.

They raise a crane filled with sea life. "All right, close enough. There we go." They drop the creatures in the water, bubbling up as it devors the gift. "She must be hungry. Oftentimes we'll feed her in the early morning, but we missed that 'cause we were going out of port!" Suddenly the leader kicks the child's pod into the water with the beast. "No!' Din dives in after it, as my arms are both grabbed by sailors on the ship. "You're not getting away from us, girl." I huff throwing them both in opposite directions with all my strength. They fall on the wooden floor grunting. I pull out the saber slashing them down for good. I'm struck in the back of the head, falling to my knees. "Keep her down boys!" Boots stay heavy on my head and back.

The cage in my view as I stay pushed on the ground. "Mando!" "Lock it up! Go, go! Now! Go! The beskar is ours! Drown him!"

"Stop!"

"Get him! Get him! There we go! Drown him. We're rich, brothers! He didn't sink! Finish him! Keep him down!"

"GET AWAY FROM HIM!" I scream out, heat overtaking my veins. Spreading fire out through the skin, spitting out blue electric force lightning. The weakness in my body as I stand up. I stumble, grabbing my saber and cutting down the men killing my husband. Suddenly blaster fire raises my attention. Three Mandalorians fly down assisting me. My vision blurs and I fall to my knees holding my head to the ground. I cry, letting few tears escape. Red blood ripping through me.

"Come to me child. You know your roots. You know your powerful blood won't diminish the darkness." The darkness speaks. "Never." I whimper softly. "Then fear what will come." It spits with venom. I lay limply on the dampness. Pain exiting my body as the visions fade. "She's not okay." I hear someone speak.

Din POV:
The gate raises and someone reaches down. "Take my hand. There's a creature." "It has the Child." I gasp out for air. The Mandalorian nods. "On it! Don't worry, brother. We've got this." She dives into the pit with the monster. Seconds later when the water settles, the Mandalorian shoots up with the pod. They bust open the front allowing him to be free. "Here you go, little one." As she's about to hand him over I hear the other one speak. "She's not okay." I turn around seeing Aria settling on the ground lifeless. "Aria." I breathe. He's about to pick her up until I shove his arms away. "Don't move her!"

I gather her head in my palms. "Wake up, Aria." I whisper, resting my head against hers. She hums quietly. "I'm here. It's okay. Just rest." I touch her hand feeling the warmth through the cloth. Something is battling her internally.

"Is she alright, brother?" I turn back seeing all three Mandalorian standing. "She will be.Thank you. I've been searching for more of our kind."

"Well, lucky we found you first." "I've been quested to deliver this Child. I was hoping that..." Suddenly they remove their helmets. These individuals stole. "Where did you get that armor?" I challenge in defense. She passes the child in my arms. "This armor has been in my family for three generations." "You do not cover your face. You are not Mandalorian."

"He's one of them." The male speaks. I rise up. "Dank farrik. One of what?"

"I am Bo-Katan of Clan Kryze. I was born on Mandalore and fought in the Purge. I am the last of my line. And you are a Child of the Watch." "The Watch?"

"Children of the Watch are a cult of religious zealots that broke away from Mandalorian society. Their goal was to re-establish the ancient way." I stand tall. "There is only one way. The Way of the Mandalore." I turn back to Aria, grabbing her in my arms. "Din." She whispers for only me to hear. "It's me." I give them one look before flying off with the child and Aria.

~
I land lightly setting Aria on her feet. "Are you okay to walk?" She looks up at me, her skin pale, eyes frightened. "What happened in there?" I ask resting my hand on her head. She sighs, grabbing my wrist. "I'm okay." She smiles kissing the exposed inch of skin. "Hey! You... You killed my brother." The voice matches up with a creature walking over in high pursuit. I stand in front of Aria, the child on my hip in the satchel. "Let me pass."

"I don't think you understand. You killed my brother and now I'm gonna kill your pet, and your woman." "He didn't kill your brother. I did." Bo-Katan states from behind us. She touches Aria's shoulder, smiling. "How are you feeling?" I remove her hand  from my wife. "She's fine."

Bo-Katan looks defeated. "Hey! Someone here is getting an- AH!" Aria knocks him into the water with a glare. "Come on. The least they can do is buy us a drink." Aria says before walking towards the cantina.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

45.6K 1.2K 22
din djarin x reader COMPLETED ---------- you're a force-sensitive doctor who offers aid to remote villages on planets unheard of. one day, you encoun...
110K 5.2K 30
" It's just a job. " In which a failed mission has a Sith apprentice and a Mandalorian mercenary fighting to survive and salvage what's left of their...
192K 7.3K 43
asa skywalker didn't think she could be saved. din djarin wanted to show her she could be.... [rated M for violence, strong language, and one smut sc...
17.7K 543 43
He's the best bounty hunter in the parsec and she's his most valuable mission yet... After returning Grogu to the Jedi, Din is alone once again. He...