Queen of Diamonds | Shuntaro...

Od -aesuki

Once a past candidate to fight for her life alongside her comrades who died. Setsuna Fuji who is a former pl... Více

[Prologue]. Boiling Point
[Chapter 1]. A New Chapter
[Chapter 3]. The Beach
[Chapter 4]. Niragi
[Chapter 5]. 8 of Spades
[Chapter 6]. Chishiya's Game Plan
[Chapter 7]. Emotions
[Chapter 8]. Lost Dog
[Chapter 9]. Caught
[Chapter 10]. The New King
[Chapter 11]. Traiters
[Chapter 12]. 10 of Hearts [part 1]
[Chapter 13]. 10 of Hearts [part 2]
[Chapter 14]. 10 of Hearts [part 3]
[Chapter 15]. Death to All Traitors
[Chapter 16]. Friends?
[Chapter 17]. Development
[Chapter 18]. King of Spades
[Chapter 19]. Disasterous Start
[Chapter 20].Departure
[Chapter 21]. Queen of Diamonds
[Chapter 22]. Safe Zone?
[Chapter 23]. Battle Royal
[Epilogue]. Home

[Chapter 2]. Game of Tag

6K 148 18
Od -aesuki

Manga spoilers. This is based on the manga so it'll be different than the show scenario.

><><

The game was close to starting. Setsuna reached the starting point. And there were already twelve participants.

It was dead silent. Nobody in particular caught her attention. Although, a young woman seemed to be stretching on the floor.

"Looks like this time the participates seem to be quite large." A buff man who held his hands in his pocket said walking in the arena with his friend next to him.

Setsuna didn't pay too much close to attention. Her black hood covering most of her appearance.

"It is now time for the game."

The voice projector announced.

"The game you will be participating in is...."

"Tag."

"If you are caught. You will die,"

Setsuna already knew most of the game's journal. She crossed her arms and noticed a young blonde male charging his phone. She noticed he was hardly paying attention to the game.

"Heh... using electricity here? Odd being." Setsuna laughed to herself.

"A game of tag...?"

"Haha a game of tag."

"We aren't little kids."

Three participants started to play Rock Paper Scissors to be "it" which wasn't how the game works. Setsuna rolled her eyes.

The tall brown haired kid and his muscular blond friend seemed to understood the game mechanics. Setsuna had a sigh of relief wash over her seeing that not everyone is an idiot.

"When we get guys like those. It makes it harder for the rest of us. And I'm Nitobe," a small built man with a fedora on held his hand out. The other two look displeased as Nitobe explained the type of games.

"And finally the rules will be explained."

"Everyone in this complex will be running from 'it'

There is only one 'game clear' condition.

If you touch the 'safe zone' within 30 minutes. You successfully clear the game.

In this complex there is only one 'unlocked room' that is the safe room.

Find it before the time runs out."

Setsuna made a tsk sound as the basic rules were said.

"This complex will explode will explode decimating all and leaving no survivors. Thus, if a game over occurs, there won't be any lives left."

Many participants were chattering about an old story how a mass murderer killed ten or twenty people in this old complex building. It was an interesting tale to hear.

Some of the contestants were terrified about what was going to happen. Setsuna learned the two team players names as Arisū and Karube starting their game strategies.

"Game starts now~"

Setsuna grabbed ahold of her senses, her main objective would be finding the safe room. But she watched where the other players were hiding. She ran up a few stair cases to the fourth floor near the very end.

She looked up and saw the hooded blonde kid taking pleasure in seeing them all get into positions. Setsuna didn't like his look, that was the look some of her former teammates had when they held the upper card.

"Arisū-kun you keep watch of the hallway," his friend instructed. Setsuna was listening in on their ramblings from a floor above. Her ears peaked up when everything turned silent.

The clocked struck 6:05...

*Ratta*

A strange noise was heard down a few stories down. Setsuna ducked down near the end of the hallway on the fourth floor. Arisū and Karube were about to enter the stairway— just when a few rounds of ammo was fired.

Setsuna's breathing hitched slightly hearing the gun shots vibrate the whole complex. Her heart reverberated against her rib cage.

Still... that blonde male didn't flinch at the sound. He stood stoic with a wicked entertainment expression.

Just when things began to get silent. Setsuna stood up and was about to run towards the stair case but that was when Arisū, Nitobe, and Karube started screaming at the top of their lungs.

"WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT?!" they were all yelling like a bunch of hillbillies attracting so much attention. They were running towards her. So that was que to run the other way. But Setsuna wasn't finished... she still had her trump card to use against this hooded vermin.

Arisū and Karube took a sharp turn where Setsuna was; near a dead end holding their breaths in a small corner as the tagger was inching near them.

"I'll distract it. You two get the fuck out of my way, and never do that again." Setsuna hissed with venom.

"You'll get killed. That thing has a–"

"Don't you underestimate me you cretin!" She pushed herself forward showing herself to the tagger.

"Run!"

Setsuna unsheathed her wakizashi sprintinh towards the tagger instantly aiming for her artery. As he was about to aim for her side, she instantly ducked sided stepped into a somersault inflicting an oozing gash in his right thigh.

She knew it was human like the rest of them. They're citizens who volunteered to die for this game either way.

Setsuna ran far away from the tagger jumping down the stair cases.

"That should slow that fucker down." She sheathed her wakizashi. As she reached the third floor she looked up seeing that weirdo still starring at her doing absolutely nothing.

"They just rely on the physical expertise to clear the game. Pathetic." She took cover near another corner as more gun shots were being fired off another floor.

Two girls are down.

Leaving remaining 8 at the moment than.

"We can't clear the game if all we do is run."

Setsuna heard Arisū talking from behind to his friend.

"I have an idea!"

"Oi, girl you're still alive after doing that suicide stunt? Tsk..." Karube rolled his off.

Setsuna said nothing just as Arisū started screaming off the balcony.

"HEY EVERYONE CAN YOU HEAR ME? IT'S A HUGE GUY DRESSED UP AS A HORSE CARRYING A MACHINE GUN. LET'S WORK TOGETHER TO CALL OUT IT'S LOCATION!" Arisū being the complete genius he started his upper advantage by figuring out the game mechanics and difficulty. There's still about 10 minutes regardless.

Setsuna ran towards the upper stairs up to the fifth floor to check the rooms for the safe room.

"IT'S ON THE SIX FLOOR, SOUTHERN HALLWAY! ANYONE NEARBY RUN AWAY!" Another shouted.

Setsuna wasn't paying any mind but kept checking the rooms. She managed her way up to the seventh and either floor running down the hallways.

Until she saw that blonde idiot.

He huffed but waved. She rolled her eyes and checked the doors.

"You're an absolute disgrace. Why don't you help check the floors than sit around watching people die." Setsuna bit down her tongue before she was read to throw him off the complex. She was purely fuming at this guy.

"Hmph, someone like you wouldn't understand what I'm entirely capable of—"

"So standing around till the final moment is your game plan. I hope you never appear in my games again." Setsuna swiftly turned around and backed herself towards the right staircase.

What are you capable of then... hmm?

Ah, that's right, she never let him finish his sentence.

She walked past and noticed something intriguing about a certain door on a certain level in the complex. Setsuna wasn't like that girl who can climb the floor. She is more of a fighter built and not a mountain climber.

Just as she was closing in on the door. That was when she heard Karube screamed Arisū's name. Everyone must've heard it.

But no gun shots were heard?

Interesting.

"I LEFT ARISŪ TO DIE!" Karube shouted so loudly. Setsuna wondered what even are they doing. She looked over the balcony and saw Arisū crouched down holding his breath in a corner as the tagger was walking by. That was a purifying moment's notice.

Setsuna ran down another set of stairs ready to check possibly the second and third floor for the safe room. But that was when she ran into other players; including Karube.

"I'll fucking kill it for revenge!"

Setsuna didn't hear any gun shots. Arisū surely is still alive then.

"It's you again!" Karube snickered, but the other two guys were discussing how to take out the tagger.

"There are only thirty two 9MM bullets per magazine. With its overwhelming rate of fire, the MAC10 expends its magazine... in just one point five seconds." The hun expert whatever his name was, was educating the other two standbys. Even Setsuna doesn't understand what he just said.

"If you can survive those one point five seconds..."

"For someone with experience with a gun, it takes five to six seconds to reload it." The other guy said.

"I'll take him by distraction," Setsuna volunteered with their game plan. Karube, and the other two looked at her with a terrified look.

The tagger's footsteps were heard coming down the stairs. The other guy was going to draw his attention as bait. Karube is going to use the extinguisher to blind his site.

Setsuna and Karube jumped out when the tagger was in close range; blinding the tagger. The man who gave his name as Aguni jumped onto the culprit.

Setsuna sliced the man's forearm but was side kicked off to the side making her grunt in pain. Aguni grabbed the tagger from behind and that was Setsuna's clue to jump his side making the hooded tagger lose balance.

That was when the tagger pulled Aguni off him and held out two machine guns using his rounds onto the one guy who was caught in the way. Leaving Setsuna, Aguni and Karube. The three look extremely puzzled.

"WHAAAAA?!" Karube looked extremely ill from the whole scene.

Setsuna ducked her head and grabbed his left wrist-twisting the one hand letting go of one of the guns. She used her aikido posture breathing techniques to position her arms correctly to block the attacker's reflective moves to get her off of him.

"Run you idiots!" She had his one arm in a joint lock as she dug her tanto in his back multiple times. She isn't a dodger of bullets, but she had less than 6 seconds to get out or else he would be done reloading.

Aguni and Karube took their chance and bolted out of the room. Setsuna laughed and grabbed two of her throwing stars throwing the two near the tagger as a diversion to escape.

He had less than 6 seconds to reload his guns. Or else she would be dead as well.

The blonde weirdo was still looking down praised by her performance. She wasn't wavering with the game's outcome.

Her main purpose would be distracting the tagger so the others would fine the safe room and clear the game. That would be the ideal purpose.

One minute remaining

As she found the safe room. Arisū was about to open the door and that was when the tagger caught up and Karube jumped onto his back.

Multiple gunshots were fired in a scarce attempt in random directions.

Arisū seethed in anger as he opened the door fierce fully.

Karube fell down a few stories off the complex and as Setsuna was running with her Wakizashi in her right hand ready to kill the tagger.

An anonymous gun shot was fired.

Setsuna stopped dead in her tracks.

"Yep, I'm still an amateur at this. I can't hit as easy in the movies."

The blond fucking idiot missed the shot from several feet. But how did he even obtain a gun? Setsuna dead panned as she looked over the balcony to see an injured Karube at the bottom unable to move.

"I bought you some time. You're on your own now," the blondie ran off near the safe room. Arisū was screaming that it's impossible to clear with one person. The girl known as Usagi or mountain climber girl ran to the rescue right in time before the tagger would've shot the two of them.

Congratulations game clear.

"Finally. Now I'm leaving, Arigatō," Setsuna was close to running off but Aguni took a look at her before grabbing her upper arm. This was a reflex for her to pull down and kick his ankles knocking him off balance. Aguni grunted as he was taken off guard by her reflex technique.

He knew she would be a valuable addition to the beach.

Setsuna backed away not understanding why he made such an advantage towards her. Or possible kidnapping tactic. She ran down the stairs only to be met with the injured Karube.

"A-Are you alright?" she asked knowing he doesn't look that good.

"Does it look like I'm fine?" He snickered back but that was when the blonde boy intervened.

"I must admit... it's the first time I've shot at a person." He looked rather proud. Setsuna was close to making a snarky remark saying she has hit people with crowbars better than his aim shots.

"Why did you help me?" Karube shot a look at him.

"This is a race. In order to win this game. I need to bet on the strong horse. My name is, Chishiya Shuntaro." He had a sustainable look that seemed flawless.

"Setsuna Fūji." She was about to say something but Aguni caught up and elbowed her in the back of the head without her knowing his presence in any moment's notice.

"She's good at martial arts. The leader would be pleased to counter a veteran." Chishiya smirked, as Aguni said no words and carried the girl.

"Hey! What are you doing? Let her go!" Karube looked displeased. He couldn't be able to do anything due to his injuries.

"Hmm you want to know what the Borderlands is? This can all be a long dream. We can die here and wake up in the normal world and continue our lives. Don't you think the laws here matter?" Chishiya huffed as he walked away.

"The wireless world is at rest and I am alive."

That was the last Karube heard from Chishiya and Aguni.

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

32.3K 1K 52
Like any other high school student, Kairi tries to find herself. She struggles with the death of her brother and her choice of study, but fortunately...
41.2K 989 104
⚠️ ===SPOILER WARNING=== ⚠️ This is a series based off of Alice in Borderland. If you have not finished the full series, and would not like to be sp...
3.1K 124 16
Part 2 of Surviving in Borderland. Rose is alive. Her memory is gone and there's a group of people claiming to know her - but there's something off a...
6.6K 216 16
Book 2 Chishiya x fem reader Warnings: Swearing Blood Death Fighting Mentions of suicide Mentions of s relations * I do not own any characters, they...