Haikyuu Imagines: Karasuno Ed...

By yesmydaveed

Literally the title. Please read the guidelines before starting. Thank you loads for reading, my people. Cov... More

Haikyuu Segment: Guidelines
Tanaka: Sexy
Kageyama: Meat Buns
Sugawara: My Goddess
Tsukishima: Secret
Yamaguchi: If We Tried
Daichi: Shoyu Ramen
Hinata: Mutual Reward
Nishinoya: The Bet
Tanaka: Senpai
Kageyama: Great King
Asahi: Forever
Sugawara: Any Less
Tsukishima: Shortcake
Yamaguchi: Everything
Daichi: Loved
Hinata: Teddy Bear
Nishinoya: Pizza Night
Tanaka: Sugar
Kageyama: Blueberry Stuff
Asahi: Baby Asahi
Sugawara: Make It Up
Tsukishima: Questions
Yamaguchi: Cinnamon Milk
Daichi: Insecure
Hinata: That's My Wife
Nishinoya: Joyride
Tanaka: Your Eyes

Asahi: Perfect

542 9 7
By yesmydaveed

 It was a particularly sunny and warm summer day. You finished school and headed straight to Karasuno to watch the boys practice. They had told you earlier this week that they had a practice game with Nekoma High coming up, so you wanted to support them as much as possible. Yesterday, for example, you brought them all melonpan from a bakery nearby. Tanaka especially loved it, seeing as how it's his favourite food. 

 But practice games came with their problems, too. Everyone - mostly Asahi and Hinata - got stressed out before practice games, worrying that they wouldn't be good enough. You spent too many sleepless nights comforting Asahi by text. You had to do everything in your power not to get frustrated and shout at him because you loved him so much. 

 And that was a whole other problem. You and Asahi had been dating for most of the past year, but he still hadn't said those words to you: I love you. You felt that way towards him, but you didn't know if he did about you. And you couldn't spring it on him before a practice game, especially not if he didn't love you back. It would just make him into a nervous wreck, and if they lost, the boys would never forgive you. But you had been itching to say it to him for around a month now, and that was hard for you.

 Well it didn't matter now, because the most important thing in your mind was helping the boys in any way you could. Sometimes, you stayed for extra time so you could sit with Coach Ukai and work out new techniques the boys could try out to beat Nekoma. You heard that Nekoma had a bit of a genius on their team by the name of Kenma Kozume. Karasuno needed this.

 You got to the steel doors of the gymnasium, carrying your bag on your back. In your right hand, you were carrying a plastic bag full of varying drinks for each of your boys as well as Kiyoko, Takeda and Coach Ukai, because they were just as much a part of the team as anyone else. 

 The drinks you got were: Arizona Green Tea & Honey (Asahi), Volvic Touch of Fruit Strawberry Flavoured Water (Suga), Gatorade Cool Blue (Nishinoya and Tanaka), Gun Gun Gurt (Kageyama), Tropicana Orange Juice (Hisashi), Califia Farms Cold Brew Coffee (Coach Ukai, Takeda and Kiyoko), Welch's Grape Soda (Narita), Innocent Seriously Strawberry (Hinata), Sprite (Tsukishima), Lipton Ice Tea Peach (Yamaguchi), Capri Sun Apple & Blackcurrant (Ennoshita) and Vita Coco Coconut Water (Daichi). 

 You pushed open the doors to the gym. You put everything down where Coach Ukai and Takeda were standing. You greeted them and Kiyoko.

 "Hey, boys!" you waved to the whole gymnasium. Tsukishima looked up from his phone and nodded at you. Yamaguchi had also been watching whatever it was on Tsuki's phone, but he smiled and waved back. 

 "Hey, Y/N!" Nishinoya and Hinata screamed to you. Now you were walking across the gym to where Suga, Daichi and Asahi were standing. Tanaka wasn't around, which was odd. He was probably late. Kageyama saluted to you from the same spot where Hinata and Nishinoya were standing. You made a little detour before ending up where Suga, Daichi and Asahi were so you could pass out the drinks you had gotten for everyone. Everyone seemed pleasantly surprised when you threw their drinks at them. For now, you kept Tanaka's drink in the plastic bag that you carried in your left hand. You made it to the three boys. They were laughing hysterically at Asahi, from what you could tell judged by Asahi's defensive look. 

 "Hey Suga. Hey Daichi. Hey Asahi," you looked up to see Asahi's face. He looked down to meet yours, instinctively taking your small hand in his one. He looked at you adoringly, and you smiled gently back at him. You interlocked your fingers with his. At this, he blushed.

 "Hey" he said softly. Suga and Daichi stared at the two of you for a moment before you looked away from Asahi and looked at them.

 "Hi Y/N," Daichi laughed, wiping tears of joy from his face. 

 "Hi," Suga brightly greeted you, "Y/N. We need your opinion on something important."

 Asahi sighed defeatedly, so clearly this had something to do with what the boys were laughing about earlier. You raised an eyebrow up curiously.

 "Shoot," you prompted Suga. 

 "And of course you guys have to drag my girlfriend, the one person in this world who doesn't think I'm fifty, into this so you can ruin that for me too," Asahi sighed weakly. Daichi started laughing. 

 "Okay, okay," Suga managed in between sniggers, "So you know how we have that tournament with Nekoma High coming up?"

 "I am aware, yes," you smiled cautiously. 

 "So then don't you think that when they see Asahi, they're gonna think he's some drug dealer who's been held back so many years?" Suga blurted out. Your eyes widened and you had to put in as much effort as you could to keep from laughing. You knew Asahi was very sensitive, so he didn't need to hear the same mockery from you.

 "I - Suga," you didn't want to laugh which meant you had to pace your speech, "I think that was - somewhat - uncalled for, okay? I don't know where you guys get this stuff from, but Asahi over here is perfect." You used your index finger to enunciate your speech. Asahi looked down at you shyly, and you could see him getting flustered. 

 "Really?" he asked quietly. You looked up at him.

 "Hey, you think I'd lie to you?" you teased.

 "What? No! I don't think that. It's just - that's really sweet of you," he smiled lovingly at you.

 "Well, believe it. Cause it's true," at that moment, the door to the gym slammed open. Tanaka strutted in overly dramatically. Everyone watched intently as the black skirt hanging at his waist swung this way and that. Tanaka was wearing a black skirt. Well, you see something new everyday (that wasn't the exact idiom but you get the point). He walked towards you, Asahi, Suga and Daichi. 

 "Hey there, lovebirds," he waggled his fingers at you and Asahi. You reciprocated his actions. "Daichi. Sugawara. What's going on, my people?" he placed his arm on Suga's shoulder, jutting his hips outwards. 

 "Um, these two are bullying my Asahi, but what's your deal?" you pointed to the black skirt Tanaka was donning proudly. 

 "Oh, this old thing?" he fluttered his eyelashes, "You know, just wanted to strut my stuff."

 "You lost a bet to Kiyoko," Daichi proposed.

 "I lost a bet to Kiyoko," Tanaka admitted with shame in his voice, "But, anyway, about bullying Asahi?" 

 "Yeah, you know, nothing new," you shook your head.

 "Tell me more," Tanaka urged you.

 "Well, these two said Asahi looks like a drug dealer who's been held back, and then I told them Asahi is perfect and I love him," you briefly laid out what had happened. Wait. Ugh. Everyone went silent and wide eyed.

 "You said what?" Suga asked.

 "You did not say that, that's for sure," Daichi said.

 "This was not what I intended to do," Tanaka mentioned.

 "I said he's perfect. That's all I said," you didn't want to complicate things.

 "I'm afraid it's not that easy, Y/N," Suga shook his head.

 "Okay. Okay," you thought for a second before continuing, "Um. Asahi," you turned to Asahi.

 "Uh huh," he was speechless.

 "I'm sorry. I know you have a tournament coming up. I shouldn't have sprung that on you," you held both of his hands. He just stood there.

 "I love you too," he uttered timidly. You smiled widely. 

 "What?" you couldn't believe it. 

 "See, now, that, I intended to do!" Tanaka yelled. 

 "I love you too, Y/N," Asahi repeated more confidently this time. Suga and Daichi watched. 

 "Asahi!" you attacked him with a tight hug. He instantly hugged you back, wrapping you in his safe warmth. "I love you so much," you quietly spoke into his chest. You felt him kiss the top of your head.

 "Okay, guys, pack it up," Tanaka said in a teary voice. 

 "Are you crying, Tanaka?" Daichi asked.

 "I'm not crying, YOU'RE CRYING!" Tanaka aggressively shouted. Suga laughed. You couldn't be happier with Asahi. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

177K 6.3K 14
No details. Just read and find out :)
14.4K 197 42
I hope you enjoy I apologize in advance for any mistakes I have made. I do not own anything besides my Ocs
412K 8.4K 64
HAIKYUU X READER yes, you read that right • i don't write angst unless it's requested • gender neutral • no lemons/lime/smut • lowercase intended FEA...
35.3K 1.1K 18
kei tsukishima.