The Alpha's Daughter

By ReadEatSleepRepeat99

Alexandra Allister is one heck of a girl. Why, you may ask? Well, that's simple. Her lack of social experien... More

Chapter One
Chapter three
Chapter four
Chapter five
Chapter six

Chapter two

24 2 0
By ReadEatSleepRepeat99

"Damnit, wake up! You bastard!" A shrill voice mixed in with my scream. I sat up in my bed, already knowing it was my aunt who had wakened me. I had a watch on my wrist, and quickly tried to make out how late it was. It hadn't been more than ten in the morning when I fell asleep, so you can imagine my surprise when it read seven in the morning! Slightly afraid of my aunt, I glared at her, motioned for her to get the heck out. I hadn't slept this long for years. Clara could at least have let me sleep out. For a second, it was like she debated on whether or not she should follow my order. I wouldn't get out of bed before she stepped out, and Clara knew it.

"You're so getting it later," she growled. She banged the door shut. I was finally alone again. I sighed, how long was I supposed to live like this? I never showed my fear, or my pain to her. Nevertheless, I wasn't going to lie; I was hurt by her action even now.

I decided that it was to no point trying to close my eyes. The picture of my mother still lingered whenever I closed my eyes. This was all like a never-ending nightmare, the longer I stayed here, the worse it got.

I knew my aunt would hit me hard for sleeping in all day. Should I stay? Did I really deserve the crap Clara gave me every day?

No, don't be silly.

Of course I agreed with my inner voice.

Under my bed, hided from my aunt, was a bag full-packed with food, warm clothes and a blanked. I didn't own much, and the only time I could tuck away food, was when Clara was drunk. The bag was hers, not mine. I did however steal it from her.

My old escape plan shined bright in my head. It shouldn't be a problem for me to flee away from her. The only problem was where. I could follow the road, the only one away from this house. We lived in the middle of nowhere, so it would take me a couple of days to get to civilization. The other option seemed more appealing, even though it was more surrealistic. The woods. I could run 'till my feet couldn't take it anymore. Then I could eat my food, and make up a fireplace. It couldn't possible be that hard.

I checked over everything in my bag, just in case I missed something. A lighter, a pair of shoes, body soap, two pants and two warm jumpers, a fluffy blanked, Giraffo, some sleeping-pills and painkillers, a bandage, and then a smaller plastic bag with food stocked in cans. It would keep me alive for a longer time.

Before I went out of my room, I dressed with the warmest clothes I had. I took my messy hair in a ponytail and made my way to the front door. It was raining outside, so I quickly hid the bag under shelter. I swiftly made my way inside.

When I came to the small kitchen, my aunt had a bottle of alcohol in her left hand. That was one thing my aunt had in common with my mother; they both were left-handed.

"You were outside," Clara stated, narrowing her eyes at me. I nodded at her. I was going to flee, why should I bother lying to her? She picked up a notebook and a pen, probably wanting me to tell her why. This was strange. She seemed almost desperate. "You aren't going outside again?" she commanded, but it came out as more like a question. I took the notebook, and simply wrote,

It was only for fresh air.

Clara seemed almost relieved. She wasn't too drunk yet, to my dismay. Clara could now quicker pick up what was going on. I tucked the notebook and pen in my pocked, where my phone was hiding. I walked over to the fridge, and opened it. Clara was watching me with anger and curiosity, but I had to make this right. I had only one chance.

It was indeed stocked with new food, and I picked some ingredients out of the fridge. I chose the ones I knew would expire fastest, and started to cook it up. My aunt seemed pleased that the breakfast would be gourmet food, and sat down by the kitchen table.

When it was almost done, I made my way to the toilet. I found the sleeping pills and took four of them in my right pocked, the one without the small notebook and phone. Before my aunt could suspect a thing, I made my way back to the kitchen. I dropped four pills in the boiling food, and stirred the meat soup.

The food was done. I placed one saucer with soup in front of her. Clara couldn't stand it if I ate food with her. Not that I cared, it seemed to benefit me right now.

I made my way out of the kitchen. I planned to wait in my room for about five minute, and then go. She would be fast asleep then, but she took my wrist before I had the chance to make my way to my room.

A loud slap was heard, and it took me about five seconds to understand that Clara had slapped me. I didn't give her a response. I didn't even flinch away from her. But on the inside, I was petrified.

Clara let my hand go, turned around, and sat down with the soup in front of her. "That's for not cleaning the house," she muttered. I was annoyed with her. My cheek did really sting. I noticed her stressed body-languish and almost felt bad for her.

Too bad she decided to let me down when I loved her the most, and too bad for her I was about to escape.

I didn't bother wait another minute as I made my way outside. The rain was still pouring, but I had at least daylight.

I picked up my bag and ran towards the forest. However, before the trees embraced me, I turned around.

I was surprised when I saw my aunt looking at me from the kitchen window, but I was even more surprised by my action. I showed her my middle finger.

I waited no more as I bolted into the forest, leaving my past behind for every step I ran.

***

The trees I ran past looked extremely scary. For years, my aunt had tried to scare the crap out of me with stories about the woods. It seemed that now, the stories crept into my head, making it impossible for me to concentrate.

I still had daylight, seeing as it was still early in the morning. However, the deeper I came in the forest, the darker it proceeds to be. The trees covered most of the sunlight I had now, but I had to keep running.

For half an hour, I did nothing but running, dodging roots and the low branches. I was beginning to become tired, but it surprised me I had run for so long. I was never really the active sport person before, but it seemed like nothing could stop me now.

I ran in zigzag, turning left abruptly, then turning right again; all that so if my aunt ever decided to run after me, she wouldn't find me.

After an hour with intense running, I planned to stop.

Before I came to the stopping part, though, I managed to stumble in a root sticking out. Since I was running in the tempo I did, I somewhat flew for two seconds before the gravity pulled me down. I landed hard, but my leg was hit the worst. The bag was a meter away from me. It must have slipped my hands when I fell. I didn't make a sound, but one of my leg made me whimper in pain.

I laid in the uncomfortable position for about five minutes. I had to calm my breath, and my leg seemed broken. I hoped it wasn't; this place freaked me out. I just wanted to make a fireplace or something.

I decided to crawl towards my bag, and bandage my leg. It was harder than I thought; the moss and rocks making my legs even more scratched. Since it rained, and since I couldn't walk to find any dry fuel, I gave up my job to bandage my leg. I didn't want the rain to soak my warm clothes. It wasn't worth it.

I picked up my bag. I was going to try to stand up so I could make my way to a tree. I could use it to my advance; it would shelter me for most of the rain.

My hands were shaking, as the rest of me, because of the coldness. I could feel the cold wind nipping on my cheeks, and it was dark now. The sun was supposed to be up for a longer time, but everything seemed strange her.

I made an effort in standing up, but ended up falling. This time, however, the searing pain from my leg made me scream out. I didn't bother trying again. It was obvious that I couldn't manage to do anything. With small sobs, I let myself embrace in the cold, dark forest.

Crack.

My breath hitched when I heard the sound of a twig breaking. Someone was near, and someone didn't want me to know their presence.

I could hear footsteps coming towards me. My eyes were closed, but I guessed it was about two persons.

Thud, thud, thud, thud.

My heart was beating fast now, and I could feel myself growing more terrified than I've ever been.

My hands were shaking even more now, and it wasn't just because of the coldness that seemed to creep in on every part of my body.

Thud, thud, thud, thud.

They closed in on me, and I could feel their presence. But something was off. Even with my closed eyes, I could sense something extraordinary with them.

I heard whispers, and I was certain it was only two guys here now. What they could do to me was petrifying, but I didn't have the powers, or the strength to do anything.

I could feel a warm breath at my face. Out of curiosity, I opened my eyes. Nothing could prepare me for what I saw, and nothing could make the sight any less terrifying.

VOTE COMMENT FOLLOW

And puh-lease point out any typos!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

107K 3.9K 11
She was the best. No one could match her skill. She killed for what was right, not for evil. Others saw her as ruthless, psychotic, and terrifying. ...
18.3K 596 32
(NOT COMPLETELY EDITED YET!) Mia Reynolds is one of the rare female Alpha's in her country. She has a dark past which includes the loss of her parent...
19.1M 577K 58
**This is not the full version of the book. It was published and the full version is now on Amazon or Kindle.** Grace is not your typical werewolf. B...
45.2K 1.5K 41
WHEN THE ALPHAS OF THE RED MOON PACK GO TO WEREWOLF HIGH THEY FALL FOR A VERY SHY FIFTEEN YEAR OLD WHO HAS THREE VERY OVER PROTECTIVE BROTHERS, THEY...