The Third Brother

By tvdnicole

What if Damon and Stefan had a younger brother?... Meet the brother who has a charm and attitude like his old... More

Brother reunion
So (not) cool
Im here to stay
Missing your sibling
Qetsiyah
Secretive
Dont tell
Pretty sleeper
If you mean it
Struck
What is love?
Facing reality part 1
Facing Reality Part 2
Humanity part 1
Christmas loss
The last dagger
No hope
Ready to run
Where? What? Why?
No sign of weakness
No care in the world
High and low
Trust
Changed
Mistakes
Wedding bells
The opened gates
Familiar Faces
Planning failures
Vampire and human
Refound
Reborn part 1
Reborn part 2
Do you remember?
Youll continue to suffer
Because he is my brother.
We can overcome this (part 1)
We can overcome this (part 2)
Alot to learn
Time.
Hearts will remember
Two brothers.
Wait.
Go to hell.
Goodbye, Brother.
Epilogue

Humanity part two

5K 86 12
By tvdnicole

CHRISTMAS EVE MORNING
Breathlessly, Leo rolled off the blonde underneath him. Rebekah.
"We really should stop doing this..." Leo smirked before peppering soft kisses down her neck , causing her to smile in delight.

"I'll stop if you will" She replied before moving his chin so that his lips would meet hers

"I can't stop" Leo mumbled against her lips, "you're irresistible" He whispered before letting his hands roam around her naked body... again.

"We haven't left this bed all week, Leo" Rebekah giggled through kisses... "don't you think we should spend some time with our families... it's Christmas Eve" She states

"How about, you go and see your brothers..." The Salvatore started "And then come back to me" He grinned as he looked down into her blue orbs

"You, Leo Salvatore are one..."

"Very handsome man that is incredible in bed" He smiled innocently as he cut her sentence short...

Rolling her eyes, Rebekah nodded her head before cupping his cheeks "you're making this difficult" She sighed ...

"But you love me" Leo smiled at the feeling of her warm human touch... "and I..." He leant down and pecked her lips "love" Another kiss "you"
————————————————
"Where are you going?" Elena asked Damon as he rose out of bed, untangling himself from her "I'm cold now!" She pouted

"I'll be back soon babe, I promise" He smiled genuinely before leaning down and kissing her lips softly, a slight moan escaped Elena's lips when he pulled away

The Salvatore walked over to his draws before pulling out a black t-shirt and a black pair of jeans... his usual attire.

As he began to slip on his jeans, Damon felt Elena's chocolate brown eyes watching him... "what is it?" He turned around.

"I'm admiring the view" She gazed in awe at his half naked body.

Damon smirked cockily before moving closer towards her "I'll be an hour..." He stated , this time when he leant down to kiss his girlfriend, Elena wrapped her arms around him and dragged Damon on top of her, not letting their lips part for a second.
————————————————

Stefan sat at his desk, the pen in his hand dancing, as he wrote down his thoughts.

Rebekah is human. My brothers are loved up for Christmas. And what am I doing? Who have I got? Nothing. No one.
I really thought Caroline and I... were together for the long shot. I loved her. I really loved her.
Am I always second best?
When I see Damon with Elena, I feel their happiness, he makes her just as happy as she makes him. I never did that for her...
Leo and Rebekah... well... I didn't see that coming, although it seems things between them have been going on for longer then this... but Leo is happy. I know that both of my brothers... are finally happy.
And that makes me happy.
However, I know that Leo is going to be heartbroken when Rebekah finally decides to go off and live her human life. It's going to crush him.
But for now. It's Christmas.

————————————————-
"We wish you a merry Christmas, we wish you a merry Christmas, we wish you a merry Christmas and a happy new year!" Kol skipped into the room where his older brother , Elijah, was reading...

"Happy holidays brother" Elijah glanced up from his book to see his younger sibling wrapped in tinsel and wearing a Santa hat... "what on earth are you doing, Kol?"

"Me?" Kol looked himself up and down "I'm getting prepared for tomorrow! My first Christmas in fifty years"

"At least someone's feeling festive" Elijah chuckled

"When do you plan on taking the dagger out of Niklaus?" The younger sibling asked

"When I feel like the time is right..." Elijah muttered

Silence began creeping inside the room...

"Well... I'm off to go find myself a Turkey brother" Kol shrugged before gliding his way out of the home...
————————————————
DAMONS POV
I finally managed to escape my girlfriend without her coming with me. I don't have long though... I need to make this quick. But I have a feeling it's going to take a little more time then I thought it was going to take...
I look up and let my eyes search the glass cabinets filled with huge diamond rings. I don't care about the price. I want the perfect ring for my perfect girlfriend.
"Can I help you, Sir?" I hear from behind , turning around, I see a very eager man behind me...

"You work here?" I raise a brow

"I sure do" He replied happily "what can I help you with?"

"I want an engagement ring..." I tell him "but I don't want one that's just any old engagement ring... I want one that has meaning behind it" I find myself blurting out words to this stranger.

"Wow... she's a lucky girl" He winked and I instantly cringe "well... let me show you some of our finest rings"

I follow him to a small table as he began showing me at least ten different engagement rings. All with huge diamonds.
But none of them were something that stood out to me. None of them were right for Elena.
Until the happy store assistant pulled out a small box, "this one... I have a feeling might be the perfect one..." He said quietly before opening the box...
The man was right. It was the perfect one.
This ring looked perfect. It was designed with the infinity sign going around it until in the middle where there was a large diamond in the centre.

"This is the one" I smile "I'll take it"

"Great!" The man beamed
———————————————
THIRD PERSON POV
Playfully, the youngest Salvatore and the youngest Mikaelson, ran down the stair case of the Salvatore mansion...
"Good to see you two actually out of Leo's room" Stefan chuckled as he watched his younger brother glowing with a smile...

"Stefan" Rebekah smiled "Good morning..."

"It's two o'clock" Stefan informed her with a slight smirk

"Good... midday then?" She let out a slight laugh before Leo's hand reached for hers...

"Come on, I'll walk you home" The younger Salvatore informed her

As the two walked outside the door, Rebekah instantly felt the cold winters wind hit her in the face... "It's chilly isn't it?" She shivered

"Here" Leo slipped out of his leather jacket "wear this"

"Thank you... I'm still trying to get used to this... you know... human life" She said with a shrug of the shoulders before Leo wrapped an arm around her shoulder as they walked down the path...

"You'll get used to it" Leo told her, looking down as she looked up to face him, his eyes instantly started gazing as she smiled , "you're so beautiful"

Rebekah's cheeks started to turn red as the blush ran to them , "you don't look to bad yourself... for an old guy" She joked

Letting a soft chuckle escape his lips, The dark haired vampire , and the blonde woman, found themselves standing outside the Mikaelson home...

"I'll see you later" Rebekah turned to face him , her hands wrapping around the back of his neck as his wrapped around her waist...

"I love you , Rebekah" He told her before leaning down and pressing his lips against hers, "so much"

"I love you too" She grinned as her cheeks were still rosy "so much"
————————————————
"You're home!" Elena jumped as she watched Damon open the door "where were you?"

"No where important" Damon replied with a shrug , hoping Elena wouldn't be too suspicious...
Giving his a slight unsure look with her big brown eyes... Damon decided to lighten the mood "come on... it's Christmas, maybe it's a surprise" 'Shit! I hope I didn't give it away!' He cursed to himself

"Well maybe I have a surprise for you" Elena smirked before taking his hand and placing it on her body, "but I'll give it to you early..."

"What is it?" He purred knowing exactly what it was

"You'd have to take these off" Elena let his hand tighten on her clothing "to find out" She whispered in his ear

"What are we waiting for?... I want my early present" Damon wiggled his brows with his signature smirk, and with that, the oldest Salvatore brother, threw his girlfriend over his shoulder and vamp sped his way to his bedroom.
————————————————
"Sister!" Kol cheered as Rebekah entered the Mikaelson living room, "glad for you to join us"

"Always a pleasure Kol" Rebekah rolled her eyes at her older brother "I'm not here for long anyway"

"May I ask why?" Elijah questioned after closing his book and standing to his feet

"I'm going to spend Christmas with Leo" The blonde shrugged

"Leo... huh?" Kol chuckled

Rebekah furrowed her eyebrows slightly... "and what is that supposed to mean?" She asked, clearly intrigued by her brothers comment...

"You think we haven't noticed?" The younger Mikaelson brother walked closer to his sister as he was speaking... "you've been pulling him along on a string... making him think that you love him..."

"I do love him!" Rebekah spoke harshly as she cut off his words

"You might... but you chose your human life over him... so tell me" Kol stopped in front of her "what are you going to do, when you have to end things with the young Salvatore to start your life?..."

Rebekah knew her brother was right. How was she going to end things with the man she loved to find someone else? "Not tonight Kol" She muttered

"No sister, you need to face the music" Kol shook his head as he lectured his younger sister "Leo will never let you go if you're not honest with him! You want a family more then you want him!"

"What if I wanted both!?" Rebekah argued "what if I wanted a family... but with Leo... because that! That is what I want!"

"Well that's never going to happen... you! Decided to take the cure, you! Chose a human life over Leo... and now... you don't even know what you want" Kol looked his sister in her baby blue orbs , "you can't have everything Rebekah..."

As tears began to fill the Mikaelson sisters eyes, she knew everything that her brother was stating was true... she chose to be human over her vampire life with Leo... and now all she really wanted was a life with ... Leo.

"I think that's enough" Elijah stood in the middle of the two , "Rebekah knows that we will stand by her with whatever she chooses"

"That's the problem Elijah!" Kol raised his voice and let out a laugh in disbelief "she doesn't know what she wants! Before you know it, she will be too old to have the life she wanted because she would have been running around with an immortal vampire for too long"

The room fell silent.

"Our sister... would have wasted a human life... all because she couldn't decide what she wants..." Kol finished

Rebekah could no longer hold in her tears... everything her brother said was almost true... 'Ive made a huge mistake' "I... I have to go" She stammered on her words before leaving the family home...
————————————————
"Best... early...Christmas present... ever" Damon panted as he fell onto his back

"I thought... you'd like it" Elena replied with a smile before moving her head, so that her chin was resting on his bare chest, Elena's big brown eyes glistening as she gazed at her boyfriend.

"I love you , Elena" He blurted

"I love you too, Damon" She replied instantly with a huge smile...

Soon enough Elena fell into a deep sleep, where as damon stayed awake. Staring at the ceiling. Thinking.
————————————————
Walking inside the Salvatore home, Rebekah looked down at her hands as her tear drops still rolled down her cheeks...
"Rebekah?" Leo Instantly rushed to the blonde... "what happened?" He lifted her chin with his finger "why are you crying?"

"I..." Rebekah tried finding the right words to say... "Kol... he..."

Leo's blue eyes instantly widened, "did he hurt you? What did he do Rebekah?"

Shaking her head she replied, "no... he didn't hurt me..."

"Then what happened? ... tell me..." His eyes were now pleading for some information to why she was so upset...

"I..." Rebekah started ... "It doesn't matter... it was just a family squabble" She lied , not telling him what really happened with Kol

"Rebekah... it clearly matters, you're crying" Leo's voice was soft... comforting and yet still stern as he spoke to the blonde...

"I don't want to talk about it... not tonight" The Mikaelson sister said before moving closer and resting her head on Leo's chest, feeling his arms wrap around her securely... she knew... letting him go was going to be the most difficult thing she has ever done...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi guys, I'm so overwhelmed with the reactions this story is getting...
I hope everyone had a great Christmas, and pretty soon, I'll be posting the next chapter. The Christmas chapter, I promise it will be here in the next two days, I've been so so busy ;(
However, there's so much more to come in this story and I hope you all enjoy each chapter as it comes x x x x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

349K 8.1K 60
Samantha returns back to Mystic Falls to help her sister after her parents death. Unexpected, mysterious things started happening in the tiny town. S...
3.8M 96.7K 43
The youngest Mikaelson and the oldest Salvatore meet under unlikely circumstances and fall in love. [SEASON TWO - THE VAMPIRE DIARIES] [BOOK ONE OF T...
492K 9.9K 38
After the incident is 1864 everyone in mystic falls including the Salvatore brothers assumed their youngest sister was dead. She had fled the town to...
253K 4.9K 68
She may be the youngest, but she'd be damned if she's the weakest. Brynn Mikaelson doesn't want much out of life. She spends her days in New Orleans...