We don't need memories? (Suna...

By ViLeviivel

; hope and continuation, a symbol for one to move forward. Despite everything that has happened, Misumi Shiny... More

Author's Note
Prologue
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
Announcement
42.
43.

25.

421 21 10
By ViLeviivel

SUNA RINTAROU

The first few weeks I stuck with her was because of curiosity. I've always took a liking to mysterious things (they're big possibilities of blackmail material) and the way Osamu said Shinyya had a 'dark past' was the reason why I wanted to get to know her.

The next few weeks, until it turned to a month, we became close friends; hanging out in the music room to calling every night, it was then I realized that she really is something.

And who would've known that she was that bleeding girl I saved years ago?

Meeting her again must be a coincidence; the dream I had was obviously not, and falling for her was not my plan. All I wanted was to know what 'dark past' Shinyya had, but I ended up catching feelings instead.

But I never regret it.

I sat in soft cushion of the department store as I watch Shinyya twirling around in the silver slim gown she wore. It perfectly hugged her small frame, complimenting every inch of her skin as my eyes never left her figure.

It was entrancing and I could honestly stare at her for hours—

SMACK!

"What's your problem Atsumu?!" I yelled.

"You were staring a little too intense at Shin-chan." The blonde setter huffed.

"I'm her boyfriend. I have every right to."

This time, it was Atsumu who received a smack in the head by no other than his twin, who stared at his other half with annoyance and disgust. "You piss head, leave them alone."

"'Samu—"

"Oi." Shinyya deadpanned, getting everyone's attention. "Are you even listening?"

"It looks good on you Shinshin~!" Atsumu beamed.

"Silver always looks good on you, Shin-chan." Osamu said.

Then I felt Shinyya's eyes on me as I looked away, pretending to be interested in other things to avoid a reply.

Why? Because I was blushing and the mere sight of seeing Shinyya in that dress had me flustered deep down.

"Rinrin?" She said.

Don't stutter, Rintarou!

"You look...okay." I said, stoically and emotionlessly.

You look fucking stunning, bub.

"That's it?"

"What else do you want me to say?" I raised a brow, pretending to be annoyed as I was still avoiding her eyes.

She huffed, looking away as it was my turn to look at her now. I snickered to myself while I watch her pout and sulk as she went back inside the changing room.

After Shinyya purchased the item, we started walking our way to our usual route home. It was already nearing 6 PM and the sun is slowly setting which made the twins hurriedly walk closer to us with Osamu walking on Shinyya's right side, me on the left, and Atsumu behind us.

We looked like bodyguards; it's ridiculous.

We stopped in the intersection leading to my house. The twins turned around to speak when Shinyya got to them first.

"See you two tomorrow," she said, confusing the two.

Tilting his head, Atsumu asked, "Why? We're not separating here."

"Oh. I'll be heading over to Rinrin's."

"What? Why?"

"Stay safe Shin." Osamu calmly spoke.

"'Samu! 'Ya can't just let that slide?!" The blonde twin wailed. "She's at another boy's house — alone?!"

This bastard has trust issues. I thought, frowning.

"Sunarin is not just an 'another boy'." Osamu said.

"But still!"

"Oi." I called out, deadpanning. "I can hear you clearly, Atsumu. I'm hurt."

"Why does Shin-chan have to be at yours even?" He raised a brow skeptically, leaning closer to me in which I only shoved him away. "What reason does she have to be there?"

"Can't I just hangout with Rintarou without you minding my business, Atsumu?" Shinyya snarled with clear annoyance and irritation in her voice. "I can't even have a minute—"

"But you know that he's back! You felt it Shin! And we can't risk that!"

'He's' back? I furrowed my eyebrows, confused. Who?

No one spoke a word, startled by Atsumu's sudden outburst except for the heaving breaths from the blonde. I turned to Shinyya as she faced the ground, making it impossible for me to see her expression, but the mood she radiated was different.

The words Atsumu said were enough to make Shinyya nod slowly, hanging her head lower. "Okay." She mumbled. "I'm sorry—"

"Shin-chan, you know what? It's fine." Osamu cuts her off, both of his arms locking Atsumu's head to prevent him from speaking. "You can go to Suna's. I'll take care of this idiot. Just be careful, alright? And Sunarin," he turned to me with a serious look on his face, "don't leave Shin-chan."

"I won't." I didn't hesitate to reply.

"But Osamu..."

"It's alright, Shin. We're not mad, right 'Tsumu?"

Atsumu squirmed, shaking his head aggressively as he desperately struggled to be free from his brother's grip.

"I said, AM I RIGHT, 'TSUMU?" Osamu repeated in a more threatening tone.

Growling under his breath, we watch as the blonde setter nodded hesitantly.

——

"Can we just order takeout?" I groggily said as I plopped myself on the sofa of the living room.

"Do you live alone? Where are your parents and Yumi?" She asked, ignoring my question.

"Yumi goes to a school in Tokyo and we also have a house there so my parents and her would go there on weekdays and will sometimes come back on weekends."

"Doesn't it get lonely here?"

"Nah. I like it here alone."

"It's no wonder you only eat Chuupets for breakfast." She yelled from the kitchen. "Can I use these ingredients? I'll be cooking."

"Go ahead." I replied, sitting up. "Just don't burn the house down."

Hearing her laugh, I too let out a small snicker before leaning my back on the soft cushions as I propped both of my feet on top of the table in front of me. Taking my phone out of my bag, the first thing I usually do is to check my gallery to review what clips and photos I've taken during the day.

I was expecting some embarrassing picture of the twins or Kita-san, but what filled my phone was pictures and videos I absent-mindedly and unknowingly took of Shinyya.

Though I don't mind spending some gigabytes of my phone's memory just for her.

I scrolled through the countless pictures, a small smile gracing my face every time I come across a picture of her, in which I always do, while also playing some music—

"Ah shit!" I heard Shinyya cursed, hissing in somewhat like pain.

"You okay bub?" I called, standing from the couch as I walked to the kitchen.

Upon reaching, I found her staring at her palm, deep in thought. The sight of it made me frown as I walked towards her, propping my left elbow on the counter while I snaked my other arm around her waist.

She flinched at the sudden touch, but it was enough to snap her back to reality as she turned to me with an unreadable expression.

"You okay?" I asked again.

She nodded, replying, "Just thinking about something that I lightly grazed my hand on the pot."

I squinted my eyes, taking her hand with my left hand and slowly brought it closer to my face. I examined her palm, seeing nothing but just her skin a little redder from the heat.

I pressed my lips on her palm, pulling away after a few seconds as I looked up and met her blue eyes. "Better?"

"I-idiot." She stammered, blushing as she looked away. "It was nothing."

Snickering, I let go of her hand and watch her go back to what she was doing awhile ago with my arm still carelessly draped around her waist.

As I stare at her, the more I thought hard about what Atsumu said that got her changing her mind about going here. What did he actually mean by that? He? Who is 'he'?

"Bub."

"Hm?"

"What did Atsumu mean earlier when he said: 'He's back'." I said bluntly and directly, feeling her stiffen as she tensed up. "Who is he talking about?"

"A-ah, nothing important." Shinyya replied as she nervously laughed, and even without the stutter it was obvious to me that she was lying, of course I expected it but why can't she just tell me?

"Who's 'he'?"

"No one."

"Come on bub. You're obviously lying. What are you hiding?"

"N-nothing important...I promise, Rinrin." She muttered in reply as she avoided my eyes. "It's nothing to be worried about, okay?"

Seeing your mood drop is enough to make me worry. What part of this is something not to worry about? I knitted my eyebrows, unwrapping my arm from her waist as I stood straight.

"Hey, look at me." My voice came out less stoic as I grabbed her chin and make her face me, tilting her head for our eyes to lock gazes. "You know you can tell me everything?"

Shinyya was frowning; a dull look in her eyes as we stared at each other. "Seriously...it's nothing important."

"If you say so." I sighed. "I won't force you to tell me things you're not comfortable of sharing, bub. But I can help you if you do, you know I won't judge."

"It's just that...I'm sorry." She looked away. "It's hard to explain, Rin. I'll tell you when I'm ready."

That's better. I mentally smiled, nodding. I tucked a strand of black hair behind her ear, resting my fingers on the back of her head as I pulled her closer to me.

I placed my lips on her forehead, resting there for a bit as I felt her relax in my grip. Pulling away, she was finally back to her old self — the smiling and energetic one — that made me mentally sigh in relief.

"Let go, I'm cooking." She joked, laughing.

Rolling my eyes, I lightly pushed her away and proceeded to helping her make dinner.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

965 49 7
ð–ē𝗎𝗇𝖚 𝗑 ð–Ĩð–ūm! ð–ąð–ūð–šð–―ð–ū𝗋 ❝𝐃𝐈𝐃 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐋𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐍 𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐌, 𝐃𝐎𝐍𝐓 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐊𝐍𝐎𝐖 𝐖𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐈 𝐀𝐌...❞ 𝗧𝘄𝗞 𝘄...
10.7K 201 14
Y/n L/n is Kiyoko's best friend. When Y/n got the news that her family was moving to Miyagi for her parents' new jobs. She is excited to see her best...
19.8K 507 26
"its the start of whats supposed to be over.." not all endings are happy ones. sequel for my book "weakness" a Suna Rintarou and Reader fic! violence...
27.5K 1.1K 29
FINISHED!!! a girl crushed by gravity; a boy who feels lighter than air. otsuka ayano's life is far from perfect, despite her perfect grades, well-p...