ONE DARK QUEEN ❖ (A Three Dar...

Da PheonixGuardian

THREE DARK QUEENS are born in a glen SWEET LITTLE TRIPLETS will never be friends THREE DARK WITCHES all fair... Altro

Beginning Note
CHAPTER ONE: UMBRA
CHAPTER TWO: ROLANTH
CHAPTER THREE: PRYNN
CHAPTER FOUR: BASTIAN CITY
CHAPTER FIVE: UMBRA
CHAPTER SIX: THE SEA
CHAPTER SEVEN: PRYNN
CHAPTER EIGHT: UMBRA
CHAPTER NINE: SAND HARBOUR
CHAPTER TEN: PRYNN FOREST
CHAPTER ELEVEN: LACTON SQUARE
CHAPTER TWELVE: ROLANTH
CHAPTER THIRTEEN: PRYNN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN: UMBRA
CHAPTER FIFTEEN: MOORGATE PARK
CHAPTER SIXTEEN: PRYNN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN: UMBRA
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN: INDRID DOWN TEMPLE
CHAPTER NINETEEN: PRYNN
CHAPTER TWENTY: UMBRA
CHAPTER TWENTY ONE: ROLANTH
CHAPTER TWENTY TWO: PRYNN
CHAPTER TWENTY THREE: PRYNN
CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR: ONDINA'S COVE
CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE: ONDINA'S COVE
CHAPTER TWENTY SIX: SHANNON'S BLACKWAY
CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN: PRYNN
CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT: THE RADURON ENCAMPMENT
CHAPTER TWENTY NINE: THE MURTRA ENCAMPMENT
CHAPTER THIRTY: THE ARRON ENCAMPMENT
CHAPTER THIRTY ONE: THE MURTRA ENCAMPMENT
CHAPTER THIRTY TWO: THE WESTWOOD ENCAMPMENT
CHAPTER THIRTY THREE: THE WESTWOOD ENCAMPMENT
CHAPTER THIRTY FOUR: THE RADURON ENCAMPMENT
CHAPTEE THIRTY FIVE: THE MURTRA ENCAMPMENT
CHAPTER THIRTY SIX: THE ARRON ENCAMPMENT
CHAPTY THIRTY SEVEN: THE RADURON ENCAMPMENT
CHAPTER THIRTY EIGHT: THE DISEMBARKING
CHAPTER THIRTY NINE: INNISFUIL VALLEY
CHAPTER FOURTY ONE: THE FIRE DOME
CHAPTER FOURTY TWO: QUEEN ARWEN'S STAGE
CHAPTER FOURTY THREE: THE QUICKENING
CHAPTER FOURTY FOUR: QUEEN CARINA'S STAGE
CHAPTER FOURTY FIVE: QUEEN CARINA'S STAGE
CHAPTER FOURTY SIX: THE MURTRA ENCAMPMENT
CHAPTER FOURTY SEVEN: UMBRA
CHAPTER FOURTY EIGHT: ROLANTH
CHAPTER FOURTY NINE: PRYNN
CHAPTER FIFTY: UMBRA
CHAPTER FIFTY ONE: ROLANTH
CHAPTER FIFTY TWO: PRYNN
CHAPTER FIFTY THREE: UMBRA
CHAPTER FIFTY FOUR: ROLANTH
CHAPTER FIFTY FIVE: PRYNN
CHAPTER FIFTY SIX: UMBRA
CHAPTER FIFTY SEVEN: INNISFUIL VALLEY
BEFORE
CHAPTER FIFTY EIGHT: PRYNN
CHAPTER FIFTY NINE: UMBRA
CHAPTER SIXTY: THE BLACK COTTAGE
CHAPTER SIXTY ONE: PRYNN
CHAPTER SIXTY TWO: UMBRA
THE BIRTH
AUTHORS NOTE
CHAPTER SIXTY THREE: THE BLACK COTTAGE
CHAPTER SIXTY FOUR: PRYNN
CHAPTER SIXTY FIVE: UMBRA
CHAPTER SIXTY SIX: ROLANTH

CHAPTER FOURTY: QUEEN NALANI'S STAGE

51 3 9
Da PheonixGuardian

THE NIGHT OF THE QUICKENING:

Angry mutters and stares from the Radurons and Arrons follow Queen Nalani as soon as she arrives on the beach and she feels the poisonous eyes of Andrea Arron in particular still glaring daggers into her even though she's been standing here with Vivianne for a a good few minutes. 

She is late. She had been talking with her friends, Hestia and Kali. And even Morrigan. The hellcat and her are on better terms these days.

"We've been waiting here for some time," Andrea says coolly addressing Nalani as she has casually slithered her way through the busy crowds of people with the stealth of a snake. Most don't notice the Arron matriarch but a few do and observe the exchange with curious glances.

Some poisoners look on eager to see if Andrea would dare publicly stand against Nalani and continue to berate her. But she won't. It would be foolish at such a time, especially with Pele Murtra around.

Nalani ignores Andrea's words for a moment as she looks at the poisoner's attire. Not her extravagant jade green gown, not the pearls that are scattered and woven into her beautiful ice blonde locks or how she's dripping with white droplet jewels. No.

Nalani looks on her rather peculiar scarf that is wrapped around her neck. It is rather strange. A mix of yellow and white that curls around her neck and collarbone is large coils. The texture is almost reptilian.

But she looks to Andrea's face as she goes to reply. 

"My apologies," Nalani says, void of tone and expression as she turns away quickly, waiting calmly to be called to the stage as if Andrea is of no importance whatsoever. It makes the poisoner seethe with anger at this insolent fiery brat. 

Vivianne moves from where she flanks Nalani's side and faces Andrea with a cool stony expression, "Andrea I do believe your poisoned queen and her stage are over that way, it's not like you to leave her unattended." 

Vivianne almost spat the word 'poisoner' like it was a disease. Nalani supposed that the Arrons used to be.

Vivianne points a long slender finger towards Carina's stage across the other side of the beach, where the icy blonde heads of several Arrons surround it and are patrolling like bloodthirsty hounds. 

Almost in response to Vivianne's words, Andrea's strange scarf begins moving, almost slithering and Nalani watches in both horror and curiosity as a snake's head pops up from behind Andrea and flicks its tongue lazily. Nalani scoffs. Of course Andrea Arron would choose to adorn herself with such a grand snake as this. As if the jewels weren't enough.Though the snake is beautiful, an albino python by the looks of it. 

Vivianne raises her eyebrows at Andrea who has still not left and gives her a look that would send most running for the hills. But not Andrea of course, not when she invented such looks. 

Instead with a raise of her own immaculate eyebrow she directs a stony glare at both Vivianne and Nalani and then reluctantly turns on her heels  and begins walking back to her pit of snakes. 

"Don't ever converse with the Arrons in any way, especially her," Vivianne says with warning, "all their words are as toxic as the poisons they drink and they are certainly no friend to you." 

Nalani knows that Vivianne is just trying to protect her but something about the way she said it has rubbed her up the wrong way. 

She rolls her eyes and replies irritably, "I think I know that they aren't my friends Vivianne thank you for stating the obvious." 

Vivianne raises her eyebrows in response and clicks her tongue, "your sarcasm is not appreciated or appropriate at this time."

"Oh come on Vivianne, where would I be now without my sarcasm?" Nalani asks, a mischievous twinkle in her eye as she smirks and then points to Queen Arwen, who looks positively miserable as the silver haired Radurons tend to her, "I would look as miserable as my dear older sister over there, the nicely dressed Raduron puppet, or I would look as wicked as my dear Carina."

She points to Queen Carina's stage at this last statement and watches her older sister carefully, the way she stands, like she's superior to everyone, the way she watches people, like she's a wolf and they're sheep she's about to slaughter; how her smile looks charming at first but then on closer inspection, hides the wicked curve of her lips underneath the mask of good and most of all, the way she stares at people with empty soulless eyes at times - like she's not all there. It's very unnerving and there's something so horrible and chilling about her. The only thing in her eyes is a terrible bloodlust, or perhaps Nalani can just sense it, queensblood calls to queensblood after all. She is linked to them both just as they are to her. And all three of them are linked to all the old queens. The survivors and the ones who's bodies were thrown into the Breccia Domain.

Nalani only hopes that Arwen will kill Carina for her, so she doesn't have to have a face off with that demon. She wonders if this is how all poisoner queens look. Perhaps. That's why so many of them ruled because they're ruthless, cunning and cruel. They will stop at nothing to achieve their goals. If they are any less than the Arrons raised them wrong. This is all she knows from her quiet careful observations of both her sisters, she watches them from a distance, stealthy and cunning like a fox.

She wanted to see how they interacted generally around people. Knowing your enemy is to beat your enemy. So that is what she will do, she will get to know them, albeit from a distance but it is better that way. If she talks to them directly they will definitely put up a front of confidence and try to scare or intimidate her. 

Nalani's eyes wander back to Arwen for a second, who seems a lot happy now as she stares longingly at someone. Nalani's eyes follow Arwen's to the dais where the suitor's sit. And Klaude Vale, The suitor who only bowed to her, can't keep his eyes off her either.

Interesting, Nalani thinks with a smirk. The Radurons may dress Arwen like a fearless dark conqueror queen but all Nalani sees is a lovesick girl who is beautiful yes but has nothing particularly extraordinary about her. She's too weak. Not in the sense of power but in her heart. She could kill Nalani and Carina with ease but she won't. Because she's a sentimental fool. Sad that she has to die but necessary all the same. Better Arwen dies than Nalani. She wishes she didn't have to kill this poor lovesick girl and this seemingly manipulative monster but she has to. It is survival of the fittest, the way of the island and Nalani will do anything she has to in order to survive. Then she can rule with Rowan at her side, in secret, but with her all the same. No one will question a queen's business unless they want their bones melted. 

Everyone is currently talking on the beach and the air is abuzz with conversation as everyone socialises within groups who share their gift. United yet divided as the separate gifted of the island stick in packs. And any giftless islanders stick with the residents of their particular city. 

The Quickening will start soon but until then everyone will engage in horribly boring small talk or take bets on which queen's performance will be the best. There is an hubbub of excitement especially directed towards Queen Arwen as many islanders have never seen the shadow gift in action before. Now she thinks on it, Nalani hasn't ever seen it either. It sparks curiosity in her. Seeing a new gift will be a thrilling sight. And she can finally fire out just what kind of darkness her flames will be up against. She just hopes that when it counts she will burn brightly enough.

With that thought in mind, Nalani turns her attention back to reality.

She watches as Pele Murtra stands and the whole island goes silent instantly as they behold her, the mighty warrior of red. They go silent out of both fear and respect, a healthy mix of both.

What a fine queen she would've made if she'd been born from the Goddess rather than the Murtras. She is quite a fascinating woman and so are her unique gifts. Nalani knows that if she hadn't been born and declared an elemental by Queen Halia as the queensblood had flown into her than Nalani would've wanted to be war gifted. How thrilling it must be to be a warrior, to not just be able to hold a weapon but forge a weapon from yourself as well. 

Flanking her from every corner, the warriors in the Black Council surround Pele, their hands casually resting on their weapons, ready to cut anyone down who dares approach or attack her. They could but none would dare. Pele is one of the finest warriors alive. 

"On this night, decades ago Queen Halia and her sisters displayed their power through in front of the entire island; now decades later, the new sacred triplets of the Goddess are here tonight to display just as much might and strength as our last mighty war queen, they are proof that the queensblood of the island flows strong," Pele says, starting her speech with confidence and the older islanders smile in memory of Queen Halia's mighty performance at the last Quickening and all smile at the anticipation of the ones to come. 

"Tonight is the Quickening and as is the custom of our home, suitors from every mighty country of the mainland have come to bear witness to the unique gifts that only those born on the island can possess. For in this cycle we have a shadow, a poisoner and an elemental. All with strong gifts that we will all witness by the end of the night. This Ascension Year may be the best the island has ever seen but for now let the Quickening commence" Pele finishes, smiling warmly as the islanders hang off her every word like they're dying of thirst and she is the only water for miles, "I have consulted with the priestesses and my Black Council and we now decree the order of the performances. Queen Nalani will be first, followed by Queen Arwen and then finally Queen Carina." 

Pele sits back down after that, smiling as her husband Malakai, holds her hand and kisses her neck causally with familiarity. For a moment Nalani is envious. She wants that casualness with her and Rowan. Where she can publicly kiss him and announce her love for him to everyone to see and not care about the consequences. 

But she ignores those foolish optimistic thoughts for now and watches as the the islanders return to their hubbub excitement with the bets becoming higher and higher as the anticipation to finally see their queens' powers increases with every second. 

She feels her hand being squeezed and turns to Vivianne who smiles at her with reassurance though her eyes are deadly serious, "it is time," she says with a quiet voice and then kisses Nalani's hand as her way of comfort and encouragement, "you will perform brilliantly, I know you will because I have raised your for the past twelve years and you have become my daughter in that time. No one is really supposed to get attached to queens but I have failed in that respect, that is why I will fight so hard to get you on that throne, no matter what it takes. I love you Lani."

Nalani does not know why but her eyes start to pool with tears of happiness and she curses herself for being so sentimental but she can't help it and gives Vivianne a hug and whispers, "thank you for taking care of me all these years, you've been the closest thing to a mother I've ever had. I don't deserve to have someone like you watching over me but I am grateful that I do." 

Vivianne nods as they pull apart and Nalani wipes the few tears staining her smooth skin and gives Vivianne one last smile.

As she slowly takes the stage the island slowly falls quiet as all lock their eyes on her. They all watch her, silently judging her and tearing her apart with their stares but she stands tall and strong, unflinching steel as she regards the island.

Then she takes a deep breath and begins. 

First she calls small infernos of flame from the torches all around her stage, careful not to burn anyone, and they instantly comply as Nalani attracts them like a magnet.  She wills the flames to collect in a massive ball above her head for a moment, still crackling and spitting ashes everywhere but none touch her at her will. 

The sphere of flames follows her as she carefully steps off the stage and onto the sand; a little of her bare feet instantly disappear under the slightly moist blanket of sand grains. It makes Nalani want to extract the water droplets from the sand and use the water aspect of being her elemental gift but she knows not to listen to her elemental blood, this performance is about fire, her best and favourite element. Besides, she can only control water occasionally. It isn't consistent.

People watch with only curiosity for now as they wait in anticipation for what she will do. Nalani smirks, getting them to eat out of the palm of her hand should be easy if everything goes to plan. 

Her ball of flames suddenly change shape, exploding, separating and falling like shooting stars from the sphere onto the ground. But this time they have taken a more interesting form. She has made a nest of fire snakes. 

She suddenly nods, picking up her thin flaming torches nearby as a Westwood hands then to her and drums begin to play as she begins her dance. 

She dances and gracefully moves her body in time with the beat of the drums, sometimes having the fire snakes slither up her skin and between her ankles as she does so. Then she starts to use her hands and her hips more as she moves them with sharp precise movements like a mix between a snake charmer and a belly dancer. 

She spins her fiery torches with cool precision, twirling them around her fingers with ease and then she puts the flaming torches to her mouth and blows; they create a flaming inferno that lights up the sky for a second. People gasp and some clap as they behold, Queen Nalani, the Fire Breather, the doppelgänger of Elo. Then she puts the torches in her mouth quickly with no fear in her mind and they extinguish immediately so she throws the blackened torches to the side. 

Her little reptiles of fire and light slither along the smooth sand, leaving no trail of flame as they race across the sands, their tongues spitting ashes as she uses them as props. 

People smile a little, they are enjoying it but they aren't in awe yet. Nalani smirks, but they will be by the end. The little fire snakes are only the warm up. 

The drums stop playing as she stops dancing and wills the snakes to form a circle of flames in front of her. They do so and the flames burn higher, brighter and stronger, sparks flying, starting to turn the sand black. They are not snakes anymore, just pure natural fire. 

With a smirk on her face and confidence in her stride, Nalani walks into the flames.

The people of the island instantly gasp, expecting her to burn to a crisp and some even cry out in horror. None of the Westwoods move or look surprised in the slightest. Nalani sees Rowan looking at her in amusement. She gives him a quick wink which he smirks at in response. 

The suitor's expressions turn from worry, to curiosity, to see and then finally lust. Many of them young men on the island eyes are all now glued to her as she rises like a phoenix from the ashes.  The flames burn away her clothes but the flames do not burn her as they lick every inch of her skin with the tenderness and passion of a lover. 

Now she is completely bare, expect the flames curl in around her in protection, shielding the entire island from seeing her naked skin. She isn't too exposed. But now she's a living wildfire. She is coated in a rare mixture, that makes sure the fire doesn't burn her skin and she controls the fire to have it draped around her like clothes.

The flames are a second skin to her now, the flames still caressing her skin gently but igniting the light in her very soul. It is addicting like a drug. She can't get enough of it. She craves more. 

The suitors' eyes are are full of both lust and awe as they take in her power and their eyes roam every curve of her body, some even with their jaws dropped or their tongues hanging like hungry dogs. 

The poisoners and the shadows look on in annoyance and disgust but the elementals, the war gifted and the naturalists are silent with shock, as are the rest of the island, including the priestesses, few oracles and the giftless. Everyone is silent until Vivianne steps forward and kneels down to the floor in respect and then the rest of the elements follow suit along with the naturalists after Gwyneth Milone kneels alongside Vivianne. Both matriarchs united to one queen. It is a sight to inspire many. 

The rest of the island look to the flames surrounding her in a mini inferno and then the awe begins to fill each of their eyes as well.  Then the shouts begin. 

"All hail Queen Nalani"  That shout is from an elemental and other elementals second it instantly with cries of their own. 

"Nalani is the true queen" 

All the elementals praise their queen and most of the naturalists, and a fair few war gifted. But many priestesses previously loyal to Arwen step forward and also kneel, joining in the cries. 

"Chosen one," a young priestess murmurs as she makes a holy gesture of the blessed in Nalani's direction and many other priestesses murmur the same and do the same gesture. 

"The Goddess' vessel" 

"Unburnt" 

Nalani's eyes eventually find Morrigan, Achilles and the Vatros twins. The Vatros twins kneel after they spy their family doing so. Including Rebekah Vatros, a Black Council member. Morrigan rolls her eyes as she locks eyes with Nalani but then kneels and gives her a small smile. Nalani bows her head in thanks to Morrigan and watches as Achilles' eyes roam her body and stay there, filled with lust like the rest as he kneels. Nalani rolls her eyes at him and turns away. 

The shouts of admiration and respect grow louder and louder as more start to kneel for Queen Nalani. The weeks she has spent increasing her own popularity has paid off.

"Fireborn" 

"Light-Bringer" 

Soon all the islanders are kneeling, both gifted and giftless, together in a united front to bend the knee and accept Queen Nalani's rule and back her claim for the throne. All now kneel for the chosen queen. All apart from the shadows and poisoners. 

The whole Arron horde look on at the scene displaying in front of them in pure silent rage and Andrea looks murderous as she glares at Nalani and Vivianne. 

But Carina's expression is worse. Much worse. Hers is a tale of a silent rage that is just begging to be manifested into a deep hatred. A weapon of darkness. 

— 

The poisoner queen cannot bare to look at her stupid younger sister. If she'd known all you had to do to get the islander's allegiance was strip down and become a firework then the throne would've been hers long ago.  Stupid vain islanders. Idiots. Temple orientated superstitious fools. 

Nalani has insulted her and crossed her. People only usually do it once, never twice, they never live to tell the tale after that. How dare that fiery brat take away all of the attention? All she did was strip like a whore and light some fires like a madwoman. 

She can't wait until tomorrow because after that she can finally kill them both. But forget just Arwen being granted the privilege of a slow special death, Nalani will have one too. Perhaps she'll burn Nalani's pretty face right off, light her on fire so that she will have her gift turn against her. She'll savour her sister's screams of terror, it will be a symphony of agony and she will enjoy that fine music to her ears. She'll coax it from Nalani with the ease of a musician playing his instrument. 

It won't be a poison death as sometimes poison lacks the proper effect. Poison is a death of precision, skill but also control. But sometimes having the physical connection to someone and being with them as they fade away into an abyss of silence, is more personal and more powerful than discreetly poisoning them. Poisoning sometimes isn't as satisfying. 

Suddenly she hears a snake hiss in agitation and looks down. It is only Sheshu, who is in an equally murderous and bad mood that is a reflection of Carina's own mood. 

Wordlessly, Carina turns and starts walking away from her stage, not bothering to be polite and wait for her other stupid sister to perform. She doesn't care about them. They could rot in hell for all she cared. She'll return when it's her time to shine. 

Nalani is a irritating fiery whore while Arwen is just a stupid spoiled brat. They aren't qualified to rule so Carina will have to dispatch them quickly, so she can take power and the crown that is rightfully hers. 

She can't wait to kill them. To kill them both. It makes her excited just thinking on it. She'll carve Nalani up with the ease of a butcher and leave the pieces scattered across Rolanth for her people to find. Will they still worship their previous fire queen then? For Arwen she will think of something special and even more beautifully grotesque. Ot perhaps poison is all she deserves. Arwen doesn't need or deserve grand death to draw more attention to her. Arwen will have an easy simple death, to prove how inferior she truly is. 

Sheshu is beside her, slithering along the slightly blackening grains of sand, still recovering from Nalani's little fire tricks. Usually the neon green snake camouflages as she disappears into the cover of the green grass of the valley but now on the dark golden sand she is more noticeable, more vulnerable. 

Carina feels like that now. More vulnerable. She hates it. But now she feels more rage. She embraces it.

If the island wants a villain she will sure as hell give them one.

She'll make the land drown in blood.

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

32.8K 1.7K 62
Twists of Fate: Entangled Threads Cassandra "Sandy" Alice Turner, younger cousin to none other than the Hermione Granger was thrown into the peril of...
36.4K 1.2K 22
Delaney likes to keep to herself and she has a good reason to. Her family isn't exactly normal, they're not even human. They're witches. No, they're...
4.2K 117 11
"Before the sun sets on the winter solstice you must find this Illyrian, carve out his very essence Under the Mountain where it all began." ---- Alth...
10.8K 543 61
More than two decades after Lukas Emerald first met his mate and future Luna, Clementine Reign, came the triplet Alphas: Godric, Griffin, and Gabriel...