Apartment 306

By oliviamj_

|Completed | A crossover w/ @_ntsha (go to her profile for her version!) Four strangers from diverse walks of... More

Apartment 306
1. "Go to hell"
2. "Saving myself for marriage"
3. "No new friends.."
4. "Let vacation begin"
5. "Love is an open door"
6. "You should smile more"
7. "Sour puss"
8. "Our lives are in danger"
9. "Can you swim?"
10. "Golden girls"
11. "Blue balls"
12. "My fresh start"
13. "What the fuck"
14. "I want to show you something"
15. "I don't like liars"
16. "I fell off my bike"
17. "Beep beep bitch"
18. "Fantasy Island"
19. "Death machine"
20. "The poet & photographer"
21. "GF"
22. "Because I got high"
23. "Does weed make you horny"
24. "Immortal"
25. "Women are fucking crazy"
27. "Third times a charm"
28. "Urgent meeting"
29. "A whole new world"
30. "Ride along"
31. "Lying is a sin"
32. "I've had enough"
33. "Johnny Castle"
34. "Giving in"
35. "The old Cassie"
36. "Mr. Right Now"
37. "Hit gone wrong"
38. "Silence is key"
39. "Distraction"
40. "Consent"
41. "RIP plans"
42. "Let shit go and move the fuck on"
43. "Gibby"
44. "Caregiver"
45. "Four fools in the woods"
46. "The now"
47. "Unexplainable new feelings"
48. "What's the price?"
49. "Boyfriends"
50. "A night in the hills"
51. "Treatment"
52. "The litte things"
53. "Never too late"
54. "I hope you want me"
55. "You're not going anywhere"
56. "The truth hurts"
57. "Only you"
58. P.O.V
59. "Breaking point"
60. "Trouble in paradise"
61. "The 's' word"
62. "I feel like a woman"
63. "I'm still breathing"
64. "It's always Cassie"
65. "I'm all in"
66. "You're mine"
67. "Blanks"
68. "The unexpected"
69. "How it began"
70. "Live for the thrill"
71. "Just say the words"
72. "Glowing"
73. "Under the weather"
74. "Downhill"
75. "Shit hit the fan"
76. "153"
77. "Netflix & chill"
78. "Mothers know best"
79. "The messenger"
80. "Insomnia"
81. "Holiday spirit"
82. "Promises"
83. "I met the devil"
84. "Men in black"
85. "Dead end"
86. "Got damn mood swings"
87. "End of story"
Epilogue

26. "Two kids on an adventure"

497 29 45
By oliviamj_

I woke up out of a deep sleep, hearing my phone ring. Without opening my eyes, I patted my hand along my nightstand, hoping it would stop. But it didn't.

As it rang again, I groaned, peeling my eyes open to grab my phone. It was fucking Gael.

When I answered, he said, "Cassie, get your ass up."

I laid my head back on the pillow and closed my eyes. "No. Leave me alone. Call back later, you moron." I exclaimed.

I couldn't see his face because my hair fanned over mine. I didn't care. I probably looked like death because that's what I felt like. "Don't make me get up and carry you outta' bed." He said in a deep, alarming tone.

With an obnoxious 'I'm over this' sigh, I said, "You wouldn't dare."

"I like dares, don't try me."

Without thinking, I said, "Gael, if you come into my apartment....I'm going to punch you in the throat."

It took him a while to reply. "Oh, shit. You hung my picture on the wall? That's sexy if you ask me."

My jaw dropped to the ground. I breathed out in anger. "Gael, get the fuck out! I'm not playing with you."

"Good. I don't like to be played with," He strolled around my apartment as he owned it.

"Get up!"

Growing annoyed at his snarky comments, I threw my phone on the bed and jumped up. I grabbed a pillow and jogged towards the banister. I tossed the pillow, aiming for his head but missed.

"Oh, that's how you want to play?" He asked.

I pushed my hair back and annoyingly rolled my eyes. Luckily, I decided to wear a loose shirt instead of my bra and panties, knowing he would just come right in. I have to get my lock checked because one second the lock works, and the next it doesn't.

I gripped the rail and snarled. "Ever heard of privacy. I could call the cops."

"You would've done that by now." He sucked his teeth and plopped on the sofa. "I meant to tell you this a few nights ago, but your place looks nice. I'm just going to sit right here and wait for your slow ass. You know how long this drive is, right?" Is it Sunday already?

Oops. I forgot. "So, go to your apartment and wait until I get ready. It won't be long." I exclaimed.

"Women always say that. I'm not moving, sweetheart. You have twenty minutes."

I stomped my foot like a child. "God, you annoy me. Stay here and don't move."

"Eh, I don't do well with rules." He said.

As I turned around, I said, "In my place, you do."

I closed and locked my bedroom door and went straight for the shower. I did my regular hygiene routine, just sped up. I didn't wash my hair, saving it for when I shower tonight. When I got out, I kept my towel around my body and brushed my hair in a ponytail to braid. Then I moisturized my skin before putting on a sports bra, leggings, and a jacket. I grabbed an old bookbag from my closet to pack sunscreen, bathing suits, and other necessary travel accessories.

Out of habit, I sprayed myself with perfume and walked out of my room. When I walked downstairs, Gael was eating my chips with his eyes on me. "Sorry, I got hungry."

"For chips at seven in the morning?"

I put my keys and wallet into my bookbag. "The stomach wants what the stomach wants. Ready to go?" He asked, standing up to stretch. He dressed casually in a black undershirt, a jacket, and joggers. His hair effortlessly laid on one side, swooping over his forehead.

"You look...nice." He said. I smiled and walked towards the door and waited for Gael to follow me. Once I locked up, we headed downstairs as he threw his book bag on his back. Gael quickly suited up, putting on his helmet, passing me the other one. I stared at him, slowly shaking my head.

"That's a long time to be on a bike, Gael." I've been on it before with him, but it was only twenty minutes, and he's a speed demon. My nerves got the best of me.

"And nothing is going to happen to you. I promise." He said, "I've taken plenty of road trips on Baby. She's good to me."

I breathed out and shook my legs. "I'm big on promises. So, keep it and drive safely."

"You got it," He smiled, watching me grab the helmet and put it on my head.

~~

I squeezed my arms around Gael's firm chest, keeping my chin on his shoulder as he held a steady speed. The music loudly played as we cruised down the long highway. It seemed endless, like we were so far away but close at the same time. It felt so much more different being on a bike versus a car. Everything seemed more adventurous and dangerous, but I loved the thrill.

"Look to the left," Gael yelled as I glanced to the side. It was a field of beautiful horses and an array of farmhouses and ranches. I was in awe because I've loved horses and animals in general since I was little. I used to have a dog, Sammy, when I was ten but had to give him away when my Mom had a bad allergic reaction. Maybe I'll get a dog in my new place?

With a smile on my face, I said, "Did you take a wild guess and assumed I liked horses?" I felt his laugh reverberate through his chest.

"When I brought you to your room the night you twisted your ankle, I saw the horse picture above your bed."

I remained quiet for a second, taking in the scenery. "I see you're very observant."

"More than you think," He yelled, revving his engine as he switched lanes.

As we drove out of the city, I couldn't help but soak everything in. If someone told me I would be living in California, on the back of a motorcycle going to San Diego, I would think they were bat shit crazy. But I'm here on my own, changing my life and getting the one that I deserve. But I do know one thing that I'm so proud of myself for taking this step. I casually laid my head on Gael's back.

"Don't fall asleep."

"Do you think I'm stupid?" I fired.

~~

Two and a half hours later, we parked in a residential area encircled by beautiful homes. I'm not sure if this is where we're supposed to be, or he made a pit stop. It doesn't look like a bridge to me.

When I got off the bike, I groaned, stretching out my legs from being bunched up for hours. Gael did the same, removing his helmet before helping me with mine.

As I glanced around, I had to squint because of the sun right in my face. "Are we here?" I asked. Gael took off his black jacket, every move, giving away his strength and the strain of his muscles. For a second, I thought I was going to drool but quickly got myself together.

"San Diego," He playfully grinned, fixing his disordered hair. "What did you think?"

I rolled my eyes. "Oh, my God. I didn't know that." I played dumb. "But I can't believe it. I'm probably dreaming."

"Yeah, about me," Gael said, getting himself together.

I vibrated my lips over him. "Yeah, I ran right into that one, huh? But that would be a nightmare, not a dream." I winked, following after him as he led the way to an inconspicuous opening near two cement boulders. Oh. I overlooked that. I'm just too caught up in the moment being here and hoped that I could do more other than seeing a bridge.

"Are you scared of heights?" I asked him, noticing how excited he seemed. It was like a kid in the candy store. He stopped, rotating his bag to pull out his Nikon camera.

As he adjusted the settings on the lens, he said, "No. Probably when I was a kid but got over it. You?"

"Nope," I popped my lips, watching him as I've never seen someone mess with a camera. "Was hoping you were so that I could mess with you."

As we made it to the entrance, an arched entry was made of wires and cables, surrounded by treetops and flowers. I took a glance ahead, seeing large groups of people taking pictures or enjoying the nature walk. The weather was a lot cooler than LA, and the Eucalyptus trees were blowing, and the birds were chirping. The view of the city was incredible, mixed with blues and greens.

When we walked down the steps, I anxiously leaned over the metal supporter and glanced down. It was a nice, scenic view of a creek enveloped by grass and trees. But damn, was that a far drop down.

I jumped out of my skin and gasped when Gael lightly shook me and laughed. I stepped away from the metal pole as my jaw dropped. "Oh, my God. The bridge moves. Did you feel that?" I panicked, feeling the bridge sway back and forth from Gael, using his weight to scare me.

"Stop!" I raised my voice, pushing my hands out.

While laughing, he tried calming me down. "Chill out. There's nothing wrong with the bridge. It's supposed to do that, Cass."

"That doesn't sound normal." I choked.

I didn't want to go any further, but Gael grabbed my wrist and made me follow him. He damn near gave me a history lesson, telling me how the bridge came into play to connect two neighborhoods across the canyon. It was built way before I was born, and it's probably the length of a football field.

"See, it's not that bad," He said, standing in the center as I stared at the picaresque view while Gael did his thing. I stared at him from behind as he angled his camera, snapping pictures of the bridge, the city view, and the green canyon. I didn't want to bother him because he seemed zoned out, trying to find a picture worth a thousand words, like in the work I've seen in his apartment. The boy had skills; I'll give him that.

While I waited, I took snapshots from my phone for memories, noticing Gael added me on Snapchat. I laughed under my breath before accepting it, making sure I had a tight grip on my phone.

Twenty minutes later, Gael still took pictures of the area. I slowly walked to the end of the bridge, keeping myself company while he worked. He walked up and down, standing and kneeling, trying to get accurate angles.

With the sun flashing directly behind me, I tried taking a decent image of myself. After ten takes, I pushed my flyaways back, continuing to try.

"Let me take it," Gael said behind me.

I quickly slid my phone into my pocket and shook my head. "No, it's okay." I forced a smile and nodded, trying to step away, but he stopped me. The sunlight hit his face perfectly, highlighting the bright hazel color of his eyes. They almost looked like a mix of amber and gold, his hair closely matching.

"Why?" He questioned my answer.

I pushed my lips in and stood straight. "Because I look a mess, and those cameras can see everything. You're setting me up for failure."

He tightly held his device and squinted his eyes. "I told you that you looked nice. What are you talking about?"

"You don't ever tell a woman she looks nice." I playfully rolled my eyes. "Would've guessed you knew that already."

His laugh caught my attention as he poked his tongue against his cheek.

"You look—" His face remained blank as he faked to turn around. "Alright."

I furrowed my eyebrow and gave him the finger. "Asshole."

"I'm kidding. You look perfect, Cassie. I didn't want to overstep any boundaries." He said.

My eyes found his again as I held off my smile from his compliment. I titled my head, standing inches away from him. "Thanks."

"So, smile?" He raised his camera as I pushed my hand in front of him. He kept telling me to stop fucking around and smile because it wouldn't hurt anyone, but I did the opposite. "I have all night." He said.

"Apparently, I do too. You're my ride home." I spat. After I gave him hassle, I creased a closed smile, looking into his camera lens. I balled my hands into a fist and rushed for him to finish. He must've taken ten, telling me to hold still.

"Let me see," I reached for the device, but he pushed away.

Gael playfully walked away with a grin on his face. "Nah. I'm going to take more, and then I have somewhere to show you."

"Don't try and tell me that, so I'll stop asking to see my picture," I yelled, but he ignored me, continuing to take pictures.

~~

"A surprise? For me?" I gasped, keeping my eyes closed as I held onto Gael. And no, I didn't peak. "I feel like you're going to do something fucked up."

He laughed. "Why do you think that?"

"Have you met yourself?" I asked, slowly taking steps. I heard branches crunch as I stepped forward but had no idea what he had planned.

"Fortunately, I have. Several times." We came to a sudden stop as Gael held both of my forearms from the back. "Open your eyes."

I had a big smile on my face as I opened my eyes, but it slowly faltered when I saw our whereabouts. "A cemetery? Please tell me this is a joke, right?"

Gael pushed himself in front of me and palmed both of my shoulders. He looked down at me and said, "Remember when we were on the cruise, and we got kicked out of the movie, seeing Pet Sematary?"

My lip twisted as I slowly nodded. "Uh-huh?"

"Sorrento Valley Pet Cemetery." He proudly said as my eyes widened.

I choked. "Well, slap my ass and call me Sally." I made myself laugh and used my hand to cover my face. "I officially think you're creepy now."

"What the fuck did you just say?" He had a twisted, confused look on his face.

"I heard that on a TV show, and it made me laugh. So, I figured it worked in this scenario too." I casually shrugged. "Maybe not."

Gael shook his head, wrapping his head around my weird comment. "I'll be a creep, but you're weird as hell."

"You took me to a pet cemetery!" I pouted, "Well, the thought was cute, but it's kind of sad. I mean, look—" I pointed towards the tombstone of a dog named Gizmo. "I had a dog once, Sammy, and I always wondered where he ended up after me."

Gael shrugged. "Maybe here?"

My eyes flickered. "He didn't die."

"Okay, let's go. I'm messing up." He said, having doubts about his surprise. I didn't want to come off harsh, but I wouldn't be able to go to a regular gravesite.

~~

"Where did the time go?" I asked as we finished eating. We stopped at a Bar and Grill near the cemetery that happened to be near the beach. I wasn't planning on drinking because I'm still haunted by Wednesday night/morning, but Gael pressured me into a few beers. He apologized for the cemetery, thinking it would be something I'd be interested in. I wasn't mad or anything; I just got weird feels.

As soon as we got outside, the sun faded away, casting a dark shadow on the sky. We had bullshitted, walking around the neighborhood, taking pictures. San Diego isn't new to him because he said he used to be down here every weekend.

I zipped up my jacket, noticing the breeze. "We were in there for two hours, hungry as hell." He said.

I shrugged with a faint laugh. "I didn't eat all day damn near, and it was worth it." I said, "When are we driving back?" We walked up in the opposite direction of where he parked.

"Uh, about that," He mumbled, flexing his arm behind his neck. "I ate too much and don't feel like driving back tonight. It's dark, late, and I'm about to book a hotel. You down? Mini vacation."

I stayed quiet longer than I expected. "That was not part of the deal, and you know it!" I exclaimed. I knew it was getting late, but I didn't think he'd cancel out driving back home. Maybe he had this plan all along, but it's not going to work. It's obvious that I'm sexually frustrated because every time I'm not sober, I try coming onto him. But I've been remaining strong for almost three years, and Gael isn't changing anything. It's harmless.

"Don't say it like it's that bad staying with me," He snarled, probably not used to women saying no to him.

"You don't have a plan, do you?" I blurted, probably too boldly.

Gael laughed with a scoff. "Did you forget that you're the one always coming onto me? I didn't do shit. And no, I don't have a plan. I don't feel like driving." He got defensive.

"I was high," I fought back, "That doesn't mean anything or count."

We walked in awkward silence for a second. "So, we good?"

I nodded. "Good."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 13.9K 18
***EXCERPT ONLY*** He is Captain of the football team. Most popular Guy in school. Can get any girl he wants. Next in line to be Alpha. Logan's not r...
10.8K 430 88
| COMPLETE | [this is the first draft of my story. so, if there's grammatical mistakes and continuity errors, i apologize and i will be editing in th...
540 20 13
"I could never get her out of my head, no matter how hard I tried. I could never move on with my life. I fought, and I fought, but it was pointless...
1.1M 14.6K 37
Living in a world where the dance team is her kingdom, fashion her passion, and judo her secret pastime, Jade Wright's life is as close to perfect as...