πŸ’₯π’’π‘œπ’Ήπ’Ήπ‘’π“ˆπ“ˆ π‘œπ’» π’²π’Ύπ“ˆοΏ½...

By Blue_Infinity03

"π™ˆπ™ͺπ™©π™–π™©π™žπ™€π™£ 𝙩𝙀𝙀𝙠 π™ͺ𝙨 𝙛𝙧𝙀𝙒 π™¨π™žπ™£π™œπ™‘π™š-π™˜π™šπ™‘π™‘π™šπ™™ π™€π™§π™œπ™–π™£π™žπ™¨π™’π™¨ 𝙩𝙀 π™—π™šπ™žπ™£π™œ π™©π™π™š... More

Dedications
Cast?
Part 1: A Place to Begin
Chapter 1: The Crisis
Chapter 2: The Lullaby
Chapter 3: Voices in My Head
Chapter 4: I Know, Dad...
Part 2: First Class
Chapter 5: Every Journey Has a Beginning
Chapter 6: Is It Really You?
Chapter 7: Confessions
Chapter 8: Spanish For Brain
Chapter 9: Codenames
Chapter 10: Welcome to Russia
Chapter 11: The Siege
Chapter 12: Tired of Being Strong
Chapter 13: Banshee's Jumping Out the Bloody Window!
Chapter 14: Birth of Athena
Chapter 16: Beyond
Chapter 17: Betrayal
Part 3: The First Rise and Fall of Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters
Chapter 18: Facing the Future
Chapter 19: A Family Christmas
Chapter 20: It Doesn't Add Up...
Chapter 21: Opening Day
Chapter 22: Elijah
Chapter 23: All Good Things...
Chapter 24: Breaking
Chapter 25: Hank
Chapter 26: Banshee
Chapter 27: The Hopeless and the Forgiven
Part 4: Days of Future Past
Chapter 28: Even Heroes Die
Chapter 29: My Only Daughter
Chapter 30: Silver-Haired Boy
Chapter 31: Prison Break
Chapter 32: When Boy Meets Girl...
Chapter 33: The World Without Her
Chapter 34: Because We All Knew the Peace Couldn't Last
Chapter 35: Charles
Chapter 36: Because Who Doesn't Need a Stadium?
Chapter 37: Tampered With?
Chapter 38: In Love with the Girl on TV
Part 5: Brave New World
Chapter 39: On the Run
Chapter 40: A Brother's Return
Chapter 41: Miss Jean Grey
Chapter 42: A Meeting with a Devil
Chapter 43: Gurzsky
Chapter 44: Affairs of the Heart
Chapter 45: I Haven't Seen Him in Six Years
Chapter 46: Oh, Don't Tell Me
Chapter 47: The Brave Knight
Chapter 48: Weddings with Homicidal Maniacs... and a Side of Romance
Chapter 49: Cassette Tapes at 2 am
Chapter 50: Discovering Gatsby
Chapter 51: Reserved for Elizabeth
Chapter 52: The Burden of the Truth
Chapter 53: Boy Talk
Chapter 54: Back in Cajun Country
Chapter 55: Males and Mates

Chapter 15: Perfection

548 7 1
By Blue_Infinity03

"Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself."

- Coco Chanel

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

Elizabeth Grace's POV

"Raven," I start, seeing Raven's downcast face as I pass by her in the hallway. "Are you alright?"

"I'm alright," she says. "It's nothing."

"It's not nothing. Your expression tells me it's something."

I hear her sigh as she leans against the wall. Something is troubling her. Something is bouncing around in her brain that is painful and unkind. That much is obvious. What it is—that's a bit more of a mystery.

"Hank..." she sighs sadly.

"What's wrong with Hank?"

"Nothing is. He just thinks there is."

"You mean his feet?" She nods. "But I mean, it's a mutation—a really cool one at that."

"He wants to fix it."

"But it... doesn't need to be fixed. Does it?"

Raven sees right through me. She knows it's not just Hank's feet that I'm worried about. Just as Erik knew there was fear rooted in my powers, Raven knows there is shame rooted in my appearance. My eyes are as much a mutation as his feet.

"It shouldn't..." Raven tries to convince me. "It really shouldn't. Humans should strive to be more like us."

"You sound like Erik."

"Both of you look highly depressed," Erik states, approaching from down the hallway as if I magically summoned him somehow.

"It's nothing..." we both try to cover for what's going on.

"I heard the latter half of the conversation, you know."

"Oh."

"I've told you this since I first met you—both of you. Neither of you needs to change yourself. You don't need to be like everyone else."

"But Erik," we both start.

"Perfection," he says. "Both of you are nothing less. You are something the world has never seen before. It's something to take pride in... not to shy away from."

"But Erik," I start once again. "You don't have a mutation like this. You don't have to think about it every time you walk outside... People aren't afraid of you as soon as they look you in the eye."

"Was I afraid of you when I first saw you?"

"No... but-"

"I know. Not everyone is as accepting and loving towards those who are different. Now, if anyone should know that, it would be me."

"Yeah..."

"Which is why I say humans should strive to be more like us—able to see what is beautiful. I've told you before, little one. You. Are. Beautiful. And part of that is because you are different."

"He's right, you know," I hear Alex say from inside the room we're apparently standing beside.

"How long have you been listening?" I ask.

"I don't know. Maybe ten seconds. Whatever. He's right."

"I'm glad someone agrees with me. Just think about it."

With that, Erik walks away, and Alex goes back to whatever he was doing. Raven leads me towards her room so we can talk without being overheard by the entire hallway—or at this point, the entire mansion as people seem to be appearing out of literally nowhere. I notice that she is trying her hardest to conceal a smile now.

"You totally like... Magneto," I tease, smirking slyly.

"You said you'd never-" Raven starts.

"I don't have to read your mind. I can read your face."

"Is it that obvious?"

"I'm observant."

"That is quite true... When did Alex go from delinquent to your protective, supportive older brother?"

"I'm going with when the teleporter nearly knocked me out."

"It's sweet."

With this, she stands up and starts walking towards the door.

"Where are you going?"

"Somewhere."

"Alright..."

Before I can ask any more questions, she's out the door, and I am once again left to myself.

"Whatever... have fun."

Charles's POV

"You know," I hear Raven begin from the entrance to the kitchen as I am searching for a wine bottle in the fridge. "Sometimes, I wonder what my life would've been like if you hadn't found me here that night."

"Sorry what? You- ahhh!" I turn to see something I certainly didn't expect. Raven is standing there—blue—and without so much as a stitch of clothing on. I quickly avert my gaze. "For goodness sake, Raven! Where are your clothes? Put-put-put some clothes on."

"That's not what you said when you first saw me," she says, taking a seat at the table. "But I guess pets are always cuter when they're little, right?"

"Raven, I don't know what's gotten into you lately," I state as I take a seat myself. "I thought you'd be in a good mood. Hank, he tells me he's found the answer to your cosmetic problem. Are you gonna tell me what's the matter or do I have to read your mind?"

"You promised me you'd never do that."

"Until recently, I never had to use my power to know what you were thinking, Raven."

"You know, Charles, I used to think it was gonna be you and me against the world. But no matter how bad the world gets, you don't want to be against it, do you? You wanna be a part of it."

With that, she storms from the kitchen. I sigh, not knowing what to do. She's angry at me. It's been obvious for some time that she isn't pleased.

Whilst still in thought, I notice the sound of much softer footsteps entering the kitchen. I hear a chair being pulled out from under the table. Looking up, Elizabeth Grace is sitting in front of me.

"You look upset, dad."

"It's alright, love. Don't worry yourself with it."

"But dad-"

"Let me worry about it, dearest one."

"Ok."

"I see that you and Erik have made quite good progress. You have more control, and both of you are able to push the boundaries of what we believed you could do."

"Yes... Dad?"

"What is it?"

"What do you think is going to happen in Cuba? Shaw has the Americans and the Russians at each other's throats more than usual. Do you think we can stop him?"

"I do. I genuinely believe that we can."

"And what happens after that?"

"What do you mean?"

"Do you think they'll accept us? The humans?"

"I have hope. I believe that we can achieve a world where mutants and humans live side by side—no matter if they have blue eyes or bright white eyes."

"Am I coming with you tomorrow?"

"Yes. You are. I believe we're going to need you. But you are going to stick with me, alright?"

"Yes, sir."

She grins from ear to ear. Elizabeth Grace has been waiting for this for a long time. She is a powerful and capable girl. Now, she gets to prove it.

"There's the smile. I love seeing you smile."

Elizabeth Grace stands from her chair and walks over to me. Her arms wrap around me. I encase her in my own. I think I often forget her actual age. She has such a brilliant mind—but she's still so young. She's still seven years old. It's incredible—and also quite sad at the same time—how much life she's lived in those seven years. It's been more adventure, and yet more heartbreak, than most experience in a lifetime.

"I love you," I say as I hold her in my arms.

"I love you too, dad."

When tomorrow comes, no matter what happens, I'll make sure she comes home safe—even if it means laying down my own life.

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

Song: Reflection from Mulan soundtrack (performed by Lea Salonga)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.9K 524 12
X-Men's Quicksilver x female reader with the ability to manipulate/warp reality and travel between dimensions. You had always dreamed of being a pa...
186 5 4
After the Space Mission the X Men arrived back at the school, the Professor was proud of their achievements. But since Jean had been nearly killed in...
69.9K 1.2K 24
Jasmine-Mae 'Jas' Carter is a mutant. She has telepathy, telekinesis and invisibility, although nobody knows about her mutations. She's a student at...
2.6K 142 15
A woman from our world, has seen things many cannot even imagine. A front line doctor, she saved the lives of many even when she had to sacrifice her...