chapter 5

"i'm a sad story

you'd best forget"

----------------------------------------------

miles stared at her in shock. he knew something was up but he never expected...this. he could see the black veins at the top of the hem of her t-shirt. he looked angry - he knew this came from the room. "what the hell is that?" he asked gesturing to the veins. "nothing, miles," she spat out his name. "look, i know what can be in that room," miles said softly. he didn't want anything to happen to aurora. 

she sighed. "i-i don't know, i just..." she started but she couldn't finish her sentence. he put his hand on the veins and he had a sad look on his face. "do you think it could go away?" she asked softly - but she knew the answer herself. it probably couldn't. 

he sighed. "i don't know, I'll think," he responded, rubbing her hand. she nodded. she climbed under her covers and stared at the ceiling. "will you stay with me?" she thought in her head. she saw miles smirk at the door and she clamped a hand over her mouth. she said it out loud. "yeah, sure," he said smugly. he came next to her - he was over the covers and she was under. 

---

when she woke up, she found miles arm around her, and his curls brushed her face. "good morning rory," he said sleepily. "good morning miles," she responded - smiling at the nickname. she sat up with her head throbbing. "you okay?" miles asked, furrowing his eyebrows. "yeah, yeah, i'm fine," she responded. she didn't tell miles about the hairbrush - the veins were weird enough, and she didn't even know if that was real. 

she ate breakfast in silence.  kate watched her in concern. "are you sure nothing happened?" kate asked again. aurora slammed her hand on the table. "why do you even care? you never have? don't act like that," aurora lashed out. kate backed away a little bit. "so you have been with miles," kate said coldly. aurora rolled her eyes. 

"you're acting just like him,"

aurora walked away. but, she did think about what kate said. yes, her moods did change - but it wasn't because of miles. she was tired. she didn't know what was happening to her. she took a deep breath, but anger was still there. that's when she saw it. she was lifting the candle that was on a stand. she brought the candle near her. "holy shit-" she muttered, then returned the candle.

she spent the rest of the day wondering about that, and now she tried it out. she was channeling all her energy and she found she could do multiple things:

a) move things

b) destroy things

c) completely re-arrange the items (down to the molecular level)

she wrote these on a list and found out what this was

it was called omnikinesis

"Omnikinesis is the ability to mentally control anything and everything that exists, organic or created, existing now or in the future, right down to the molecular level. This is quite possibly the most overwhelming and most powerful ability because it involves everything that tangibly exists without exception."