chapter 7

"distant stars

hold my 

wishes for

you,"

---------------------------------------

aurora stared in shock at the pillow - she assumed everything had left with the veins, but no, her powers stayed. she went out into the hall, and knocked on miles' door. "come in," the familiar voice said. she walked in. miles sat on his bed with his guitar, his back facing the door. 

he turned around to face her, and he saw her shocked, scared face. "what happened?" he asked. "i-" she started. "it's better if i show you," she said softly. she then turned to face his wall, where she saw books. she used her powers to make the books float. miles looked concerned, and went up to her. he moved her hair to the side, and looked at where the black veins once used to be. 

"but the veins are gone," he said. "yeah, but the thing is, i think the powers stayed behind," aurora explained. he nodded. "well, at least the...thing won't come back," aurora said. "yep, i guess that's all that matters," miles said softly. 

---

despite aurora's protesting, she still went back to her mom's. 

she took a deep breath, and opened the door. she didn't say anything, and hoped to just quietly go to her room - which wasn't the case. "back from kate's?" her mom's voice slurred. "yeah," aurora responded softly, hoping to get away from there. her mom stood in front of the hallways to the rooms. "isn't it great that kate has a job? i knew she could do it," her mom gushed. "i can see you don't have it in you, why can't you be like kate," her mom said more angrily. aurora didn't know what to say. "i can't believe i kept you, would've been better giving you for adoption," her mom continued. aurora sighed - she knew she didn't have the same dad as kate, which is why they had differences. her mom had gotten pregnant from some musician at a party, and she never let aurora forget that. 

aurora tried to pass, but her mom kept blocking the door. "hoped that kate could teach you something, but you're still a disappointment. thank god you didn't affect kate, she was strong enough to not be influenced by you," her mom continued, and aurora felt herself getting angry. aurora bit her lip, but her fists were clenched and shaking. she was so tired of this. 

"...stupid girl,"

"be like your sister...."

"maybe then i'd appreciate you,"

the thoughts swarmed her head and she couldn't control them anymore.

aurora started glowing, a red glow surrounding her. her fists were shaking and she was biting her lip. her mom continued the sentences. then the final straw happened.

the familiar, sharp sting hit her cheek.

and all hell broke loose. 

.。❅*⋆⍋*∞*。*∞*⍋⋆*❅。.

𝑬𝑴𝑨 𝑺𝑷𝑬𝑨𝑲𝑺

idk what to say so...

;)