chapter 20

"loving you

was the

 most exquisite

form 

of self-destruction"

-----------------------------------------------

aurora's tears streamed down her face as she quietly packed. she waited until the last day to finish the deal. she sniffled as she stuffed all of her stuff in her backpack. 

when she finished packing, she laid back on her bed and remembered what the man had told her. 

---

FLASHBACK:

"i can make you a deal," the man said, and aurora turned to face him. "actually, you don't have a choice, you must agree," the man added with a laugh. "what?" aurora asked. "as i was saying, you two would be too powerful," the man started, pacing back and forth. he turned to face her. "so, you must leave him," he said, and aurora blankly stared at him. "excuse me?" she asked. "and if i don't agree?" she asked. the man grinned. "i'll kill all of them," he replied. 

she didn't think for a second before she agreed. "w-when?" she asked slowly. "a week and a half from now," he replied, and aurora nodded, a tear slipping from her face. "you made the right choice," the man said.

and she really hoped she did. 

---

PRESENT:

aurora put on her backpack, and grabbed her duffel bag. she knew if she told miles good-bye, she wouldn't be able to leave. so she decided not to tell anyone. 

she went downstairs and grabbed a slip of paper and a pen. she scribbled a quick note to miles. 

m- i love you. 

more tears slipped out as she put down the pen and went to the door. she didn't know where she would go or what she would do. but if it meant saving them all, she would do it. 

she closed the door behind her, and walked down the path that would lead her away from the mansion. as she got closer and closer to the exit she ran faster. she grabbed her keys and started the car. she looked one last time at the mansion she almost had considered her home. she pressed the gas pedal and she left the mansion without looking back. 

and with tears in her eyes. 

---

miles woke up thinking about aurora. just thinking about asking her brought a smile to his face. he went down the stairs to the kitchen, where he saw kate's puffy face. he frowned. "what is it?" he asked softly. kate looked up at him, and handed him the note. 

"aurora's gone,"

.。❅*⋆⍋*∞*。*∞*⍋⋆*❅。.

𝑬𝑴𝑨 𝑺𝑷𝑬𝑨𝑲𝑺

AND THIS MY FELLOW READERS IS THE LAST CHAPTER. 

i hope you guys enjoyed reading this as much as i enjoyed writing it. i'm gonna work on the sequel next, and would you guys like me to publish it chapter by chapter? multiple chapters at a time? or just the entire book all at once?

i'm a sucker for sad ending which is why i did this

but that's why we got a sequel my dudes

anyways, see you in the next book

-ema