chapter 8

"she's flowers 

and fire

all in one,"

----------------------------------------------

the red glow grew stronger around aurora, and her mom had stopped speaking. the demons had indeed left, but that didn't mean her powers did. all her emotions fueled such a large amount of energy. 

then the fire erupted.

the glowing flames surrounded them, mostly her mom. her mom was stuck in the entrance to a room, and the fire was rising. "aurora...please...what is this?" her mom asked, her voice shaking. 

inhale.

exhale.

inhale.

exhale.

the fire erupted everywhere, and her mom started screaming. the fire climbed along the side of the walls. items started burning by the power of the fire, which was fueled by emotions and oxygen. aurora couldn't stop it. she felt trapped again, but now one side of her kept her back. 

one side that caused the fire.

another side told her to help.

she didn't know what to do.

she then realized what was happening. the fire was everywhere, except for a circle around auroras feet. the fire was repelled from her. she looked where her mom stood, but no one was there. in fact, the entire room was engulfed in flames. so she ran.

she ran outside into the pouring rain, which didn't do anything against the building which was covered in flames. aurora sobbed. she fumbled with the keys and started the car, she drove maniacally. she went to the only place she could think of.

the fairchild mansion.

the car rumbled along the path and she pulled up to the fairchild mansion. she ran out, the tears drying on her face. she knocked multiple times, until someone opened the door. it was flora. 

"aurora? are you okay?" the little girl asked. aurora tried to do a soft smile. "yes, flora, i'm okay, can you get miles for me?" she asked softly. flora nodded, and aurora stepped inside. she heard miles' footsteps down the stairs and she saw him. he rushed up to her, and wiped the tears with his thumb. "whoa, what happened?" he asked softly. 

"i think i killed my fucking mom,"

---

miles stared at her. "what?" he asked, not sure if he heard her right. "i-i don't k-know what happened," she started. "s-she was t-talking, you k-know, and i-it just happened," she said between hiccups. "what happened?" he asked, his hands on her shoulders. "i-i started t-this fire, and i-it e-engulfed h-her. i-i'm g-gonna g-go to j-jail," she said. miles pursed his lips. "listen, you are not going to jail, okay? it wasn't your fault, anyone could go crazy in that situation," he started. "just, say that a fire happened, and she got caught in it, okay?" miles added. she nodded, and hugged him. "okay," she said softly.

kate cried at the news, she didn't know how the fire happened, just that only aurora could escape. aurora patted her back. kate hugged her little sister. miles watched in shock, aurora really lied easily. he smirked, and aurora looked at him. "what?" she asked. "nothing," he said, still smirking. 

---

aurora and miles went upstairs. they went to bed because of the long night. 

aurora's head was on miles' chest, and they both watched the ceiling. both thinking of the same thing - that everything would be okay. 

but would it ever be?

.。❅*⋆⍋*∞*。*∞*⍋⋆*❅。.

𝑬𝑴𝑨 𝑺𝑷𝑬𝑨𝑲𝑺

okay, im gonna try to make a normal chapter :)

BUT IM PLANNING SO MUCH

teehee.

tick tock.