Baby It's Cold Outside

The people of Remnant didn't know how long they had been falling. All they knew that there was no end in sight and that music was playing on a loop. They tried to keep track of time by counting the number of times the song had looped, but they gave up after the tenth 'All I want for Christmas is you'.

"So, have any threes?" Ruby asked, playing cards with Weiss while they were falling through an endless abyss. Good thing it was well lit enough that they weren't blind.

"No," Weiss said. "And can we change games now?"

"But this is the only card game I know," Ruby whined.

"Seriously, how long have we been in here?" Yang asked.

"Too long," Blake said. "I can't get that song out of my head. Nora's singing isn't helping either."

"All I want for Christmas is you, baby!" Nora sang like there was no tomorrow.

"Please stop," Ren begged.

"And why are there so many mistletoes around me?" Jaune asked.

"Oh, I'm sure we can take advantage of that," Pyrrha said as she pulled him in for another kiss. It was tradition after all.

"Man, that song is both catchy and hard to get out of your head," Sun said.

"I know," Neptune said. "But don't you think an endless loop of it is a bit much?"

"Who cares?" Sage groaned. "Just change to music already!"

"I mean, there has to be more music than this?" Scarlet said.

Coco was browsing through a Christmas catalogue. "Hmm, this red dress looks festive enough. And a matching hat too."

"I like that green one," Velvet said.

"We should get these elf outfits for Yatsu and Fox," Coco said.

The two male members of their team shivered. They had a feeling they were about to be turned into living mannequins, and they didn't like it.

"This bores me," Salem said, as if falling through an endless space was nothing to be concerned about.

"How many rounds of mind chess have we finished?" Ozpin asked.

"This is our tenth round, I think," Salem said. "Rook to B3. Check."

"Knight to E2. Checkmate," Ozpin said. "That's 6-5 in my favour."

"Another round?" Salem asked.

"Sure," Ozpin said.

"How are you not concerned by this!" Watts yelled.

"You get used to it," they both said.

"I think I can see something," Jacques said.

"Is it more coal?" Nicolas asked in a bored tone. Ever since they got in here, Jacques had been hit with lumps of coal every now and then. His face was black and not a spot on him remained clean.

"That stopped being funny after the third time," Willow said.

"And somehow they always avoid us," Whitley said.

"I could swear one lump stopped just as it was about to hit me, only to swerve and hit father in the face instead," Winter said.

"Whatever it is, I like it," Adam said.

"You just like watching him suffer," Sienna said.

"And you don't?" Ilia asked.

"Well, maybe in moderation," Sienna said.