☁ 27 ☁

"jaemin, what are you trying to tell me?" the head stared at the broken angel weirdly.

the two were in the head's office, back above the clouds, on the highest one. jaemin was still a crying mess, but he wasn't sobbing anymore. just, letting the tears fall down on his beautiful face.

"for the nth time, i failed my mission." he told.

"but... how?!" the head asked.

"they will never be together."

"of course, they will! the angels know what is needed for the world down there. and they said that those two humans should be together. it means they will get together."

"just go spy on them for a day then! they hate each other!" jaemin spat, startling the head.

"i though that they didn't hate each other anymore thanks to you?"

jaemin sighed, pulling on his hair. "i just made everything worst..."

"but, i don't understand what you did jaemin..." the head told.

"i fell in love with them!" he exclaimed, slapping his hand against the desk and allowing a tear to leave his eye.

the head gulped.

he had never seen jaemin so angry before, and no angel had ever come back from under the clouds this broken.

"jaemin..." the head started carefully. "you know that loving a human is not forbidden... plenty angels have human boyfriends. it is perfectly okay..."

jaemin raised a brow. "i am supposed to set them together, not to fall in love!"

"yes but... you can... maybe... have a secret relationship with the one you like and- "he stopped mid-sentence when he saw the glare jaemin was giving him. "what?! i'm only trying to help your desperate case!"

"and you're very bad at it." jaemin scoffed. "listen, first of all what you said is against any angel law, so, even to lift my mood, you shouldn't be saying such things, it could make you lose your place."

"yeah, i know." the head rolled his eyes.

"and second, i will never do such a thing because i don't like one of them, i like the two!"

the head furrowed his brows in confusion.

"the t-two?!"

"yes. the two of them." jaemin said. "while i was there, they were so caring and gentle with me, but in so different ways... i couldn't help but falling for them..."

"well... as strange as this seems to be, you see that those two boys are likable. so, there is no reason they wouldn't end up together."

"what didn't you understand in my words?" jaemin asked.

the head stayed silent, not wanting jaemin to get even more angry.

"i made them friends. i made them close. and then, something happened. i don't know what, i don't know how, but it happened and caused them to fight again." jaemin explained. "and now that i left, there is nothing that obliges them to stay together!"

"good. just go back then!" the head raised his voice, anger building into him slowly.

"i can't!" jaemin replied on the same tone.

"you know the consequences of not going jaemin. i gave you a mission to fulfil, so stop being an annoying brat! i swear having you down there was pretty relaxing for me. not bearing with your unstoppable blabber about how you would never go on a mission... paradise. and here you are again, pestering me with something you think true but which isn't!"

jaemin's mouth fell open at the head's harsh words.

he knew he wasn't the most sympathetic angel, but he never though he would hear the head screaming these hurtful words at him.

it truly hurt.

"no, wait- that's not- "

"you're right." jaemin cut him. "i know the consequences."

jaemin deployed his wings that were previously folded behind his back, not breaking his eye contact with the head angel.

"cut them." he said. "i don't care anymore."

"jaemin, you can't say- "

"you better get rid of me quickly and repair the mess i did." he crossed his arms against his chest.

"w-what did you do?" the head asked, this time worried.

"i showed my wings to renjun and jeno."

"you called, sir?" a young angel entered the head's office.

"yes, please have a sit." the head motioned to the boy to sit, which he did.

"did i do something wrong?" he asked, a bit scared to know he had been called to the head's office.

"no, not at all, shotaro!"

"oh, okay." he smiled. "then... why am i here?"

"i want you to continue jaemin's mission." the head explained. "you'll see, it's not that hard. you've already completed many missions, so, i'm sure this one won't be so hard for you."

"o-oh, okay." shotaro smiled again, happy that his hard work was recognized by the head angel.

"so..." the head handed the file to shotaro who opened it immediately to see what his mission was about. "basically, you have to make lee jeno and huang renjun fall in love. you can do everything you want for that. watch them, talk to them... everything."

shotaro nodded quickly, scanning the documents with his eyes.

"shotaro, i believe you can do it." the head added. "you are a talented angel. beware, jeno and renjun are tough ones."

"i'll do my best, sir. but... what awaits me if i come to fail?" shotaro asked.

"nothing. you have the right to fail a mission. it is completely normal. no one is perfect. there is no problem if you fail..." the head smiled. "let me tell you one more thing, jaemin showed the boys he was an angel. we don't have the power to erase memories, so you can explain everything to them. the angels, the missions... but make sure they never say anything to anyone."

shotaro nodded. "i'll go right now, then." he bowed before walking towards the edge of the cloud, ready to fly away.

"oh! one more thing!" the head said before shotaro could jump.

"yes, sir?"

"make sure they know about jaemin's condition at the moment. wings cut-off for his stupidness and rotting into a grey cloud until the wounds heal... and then, thrown back to the world under the clouds. defenceless."