☁ 12 ☁

"you seem to be living your best life..."

jaemin immediately opened his eyes.

why was there someone in his house while he was sleeping.

he was about to yell when he recognised the person floating in the air.

"oh, it's you."

"who did you want it to be?" the head rolled his eyes.

jaemin shrugged in response.

"how is life going down there?"

jaemin's frown transformed into a bright smile.

"i did some progress!" he exclaimed. "now renjun and jeno don't hate each other anymore! or at least, they'll stop hating each other soon..."

"that's good to hear." the head nodded. "so... if i understand well, earth is not a so bad place to be?"

"what?! of course it is!" jaemin exclaimed like a small kid. "i can't even use my wings! what kind of world is that!"

the head angel sighed, pinching his own nose.

"you're unbelievable jaemin... every other angel is so happy to be in the human community and here you are, throwing a tantrum because you can't use your wings during the day..."

"my wings are a part of me. i want to be able to show them off."

"but you don't show off every single part of your body..." the head told. "i don't see you walking in the streets with your dick out."

"eww! that's disgusting!" jaemin yelled. "don't say such things!"

the head chuckled at the angel's behaviour.

he was truly a small baby, throwing tantrums every now and then for childish things.

"anyway. what do you plan to do now?"

"simple!" jaemin exclaimed. "now that they are supposed to be friends, i'll do everything i can to make them hang out together, and then, they'll eventually fall of each other."

the head raised a brow. "is it that simple?"

"well, it seems like it." jaemin smiled brightly. "i can't wait to see both of them all lovey-dovey. they don't know it yet, but they'll make a great pair."

"if you say so..."

"do whatever you want, i'll prepare myself for school." jaemin told before flying to the bathroom, leaving the older angel alone.

the man passed a hand through his hair, thinking about what jaemin had told him again.

he had made this mission seem very simple when in fact it wasn't.

him and the other powerful angels had given him this mission because jaemin was a troublesome angel, and as he hadn't fulfilled his first missions as he was supposed to, they wanted him to work hard before finishing his first mission.

but it wasn't really going as planned...

a total of four angels had been on this mission before jaemin. and all of them had failed.

jeno and renjun were meant to end up together, so, when renjun arrived in korea and that him and jeno started hating each other, the angels had to send someone to arrange things.

the first angel was sent a week after it all started. he came back above the clouds a month after. that's when they sent the second one, who didn't last more than two weeks. the third and fourth angels had been sent a year after. the angels had imagined that time could heal, and so, jeno and renjun would have learned to like each other. jokes on them. the two last angels had been completely powerless facing this impossible mission, and they had come back after six months each.

the head had told the two first that they shouldn't be seen by renjun nor jeno, but seeing as nothing got better, he had allowed the last two to appear as humans. and this hadn't changed anything.

so, the fact jaemin, a very troublesome angel, had managed to make them stop hating each other was indeed a miracle.

what had he done? that was a mystery, and a beautiful surprise.

"i'm ready!" jaemin beamed, waking the head up from his trance.

"yeah, great."

"you want to come to school with me?" jaemin asked. "perhaps that you want to see the two?"

"not particularly." the head responded. "i can see a bit from up there, don't worry. i'll leave you fulfilling your mission. if there's an emergency, you know where the button is."

jaemin nodded, waving at the head before looking at him disappear in a burst of glitter.

"hey guys!" jaemin said with a smile when he arrived in front of the school gates. "you waited for me?"

"of course, we did." renjun smiled back.

"i'm glad to see you both together without fighting." jaemin added to which jeno and renjun exchanged a glance.

it's not that they hadn't fought. well, they hadn't.

but actually, they were in a weird phase.

none of the two boys really knew what to do with the other.

it was obvious that jaemin had sorted things out between the two boys, and that jeno and renjun just needed to find the right time to talk about it.

"let's go?" jaemin stood in the middle and grabbed jeno's arm with one hand, and renjun's with the other.

"let's go." jeno repeated, making jaemin smile.

and so, the three boys walked onto school grounds, like a real group of friends.